Start by marking “In The Dark” as Want to Read:
In The Dark

In The Dark

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Author Martha Perez ‘Broken Pieces’ is her first book, which is followed by ‘Broken Heart,’ and Broken Dreams. She also co-authored a short story book with M LeMont titled These Eyes Have Seen.

In The Dark: Short Stories a Reality of Life.

Sneak Preview:

I Can’t Say Goodbye--I was inspired to write this short story by a dream I had after losing my son if you’re a
Published January 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about In The Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Dark

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of In The Dark
Eva Pasco
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blunt-Force Drama!

Reader beware: Mature subject matter! If you’re not deterred by graphic erotica or strong language, by all means enter the dark. Be prepared to descend into the abyss of eight short stories that delve into dismal and disturbing scenarios drenched in the realism of dysfunction, disappointment, and despair. Throughout her storytelling, the author fluctuates between waxing exquisite and explicit—never mincing words.

Amidst their dilemmas, Martha Perez’ engaging characters ponder
John Winston
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In The Dark was in one word, a SHOCKER. Martha Perez serves up a literary feast. But we advised, it’s not for the weak at heart, or the weak at anything for that matter. It’s sad. It’s scary. It’s erotic. It’s many things, but most of all it’s fun and entertaining. I don’t think I’ve ever found myself waiting with so much anticipation to get to the next page. It’s a collection of short stories, all very different but somehow connected. Five stars for sheer guts and courageous writing. I can’t ...more
Amy Caudill
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This very short anthology of short stories features characters touched by, and trying to cope with the darkness that has touched their lives in some way. Some of the stories are heartbreaking, and some are simply chilling, such as "The Boathouse," where a psychiatrist takes on the horrors of a patient's life as her own. Others, such as "The Lie that Binds" contain a heavy dose of irony, as a man constantly belittled and beaten down by his wife kills her accidentally, only to end up dead himself. ...more
Russell .
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sensational quick read! With a series of vignettes, the reader will become encapsulated in well-developed characters’ lives. Because of this, Perez’s skillful and artful writing transcends the reader into macabre places of humanity and to an edge of true darkness. More so, the well-written, eloquent stories allows the reader to briefly peer into another malevolent world on another dimension. What a great short story novella!
Tina-Marie Miller
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Martha Perez shines again!

As a fan of the talented author, Martha Perez, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of her latest work, ‘In The Dark’, and I was not disappointed.

This was a real page turner for me. A collection of short, dark stories filled with suspense and many unexpected twists and turns along the way. I couldn’t put it down.

Author Perez writes from the heart and ‘I Can’t Say Goodbye’ certainly brought a tear to my eye.

For me, this is a huge 5 star read.
Elena Ginez
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a nailbiter!!!!

Loved it!!! Every story kept me on the edge of my seat. Loved the unexpected twists and endings in the stories.
Martha Perez
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Connie Ortiz
Ann
Jan 21, 2020

• Learning to Pray
  • Caught Up What's Done In The Dark Comes To Light
Martha Perez was born in raised in Los Angeles, CA. She now lives in West Covina, CA with her husband Sal Andalon and their dog Sugar Bear. She is a high school graduate, has a son, a daughter and two granddaughters. Her hobbies include reading, writing, exercise, and long walks. Broken Pieces is her first book, and is an accomplishment of which she is very proud.