Start by marking “Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)” as Want to Read:
Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)

Hometown Girl After All

(Hometown #2)

Julia lost everything while she was ill. Self-conscious and alone, she’s moved to Smithville, determined to hide away in her rundown Victorian house. Little does she know, she can’t hide anything in a small town, including her interest in the deliveryman.

Published November 17th 2017 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Girl After All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Girl After All

Start your review of Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)
Coco.V
Mar 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/28/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Resolved to keep his life simple, Chad has his hands full running his delivery business and supporting his adopted family. So why can’t he get that withdrawn city girl, Julia, off his mind?

Will the ecc
N.W. Moors
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Julia has moved to the small town of Smithville with her dog Ringo. She's looking for a place to hide after a serious illness that's left her debilitated but soon finds that small towns aren't good for being left alone. For starters, local deliveryman Chad has an eye on her as well as his employee Bobby and a mysterious black and white cat. But Chad has issues of his own that brought him back to town, and Julia's complications aren't what he wants - or does he?
This is a lovely story about recove
Anna del C. Dye
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Smithville is the new home for Julia, who, after a devastating illness, finds herself divorced when her husband doesn't care for her anymore. In this small town, she finds peace with herself and her illness through gardening and restoring the dilapidate house she buys. Julia is a character in ..........'s first book, now her own story is told in the pages of Hometown Girl After All. Hometown Girl After All is an uplifting,old fashioned romance that will make you feel good inside.
It is a lovely t
Debra
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this series. This series is about regular, kind, hardworking people, who have issues they are trying to overcome, and accepting love when it unexpectedly comes their way. The town of Smithville is a place I would love to live in. The towns people all know each other, and and each others business, they also love and protect each other. If you need a break from the hot, dominate, alpha billionaire, with weird sex fetishes, and just want good old fashion romance stories, the Homet ...more
Eirlys
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Story of Courage

I loved this inspiring story of a woman who had lost so much of her life to illness. The small town that she chose to hide away in seemed ordinary at first glance, became a place to grow and find herself. I also liked that Chance, who was also a damaged soul, found his way to happiness. This was a wonderfully emotional story.
Rita Serrano
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart warming story.

Love this, because help learn about encephalitis and how to help a person that suffer it, not to criticize them.
Pat Allen
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very warm story

A tough attorney suffered 6 months of a serious health setback when she had encephalitis. Her husband left her, saying she was no longer the woman he married. She bought an old dilapidated house without seeing it and drove across the country to her new home. She soon began restoring both the house and her strength as she gardened. A new life opened up. She found a caring community and love and acceptance.
I liked the length of the story. Many stories end abruptly leaving readers
Samantha
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As someone battling an autoimmune disease called Chronic Inflammatory Demylineating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) this book hit hard and made me truly realize all of the little things I do to get through my day. It helped me realize the strength that lies in me and how much work I have done and continue to do. My stubbornness has paid off well for that. This book is very well written and so heartfelt. As much as I loved the first book, this one is my favorite so far. Highly recommend!!!
Susan Harner
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hometown Girl After All (Hometown series book 2)

This book will have all your emotions on a roller coaster. I love all the characters and how vivid the settings and town is described. The people with The love ,compassion friendship and the small town feel comes alive in this well written story.
Patricia German
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trials& Errors

This book is a gem! It gives you mystery, pain, hope, sadness, laughter and best of all the charming thing off love and friendship! It's given me grins and frowns, tears and joy! I hope you get it all too when you read this book!
Tracy Zullo
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best of the three- the confusion and embarrassment of the heroine is well done as well as the hero's initial reaction when she shows some competence when he's used to saving her. 4 stars
Deb Blackbourn
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new town, a new life?

This is a new favorite author of mine! This book was superb! Julia wanted to make a fresh start where no one knew her. She chose the town of Smithville to move to to start her new life. She had been sick a long time & didn’t want people to judge her. She didn’t take into account that news travels fast in small towns, but quickly learned just how fast! She made new friends quickly, & also had Chad finding reasons to see her, to help her in the house she had purchased. She
Barbara
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you do?

Two broken people. What do they have in common? Julia had life threatening illness and had to learn to speak and walk again. Oh and while ill your husband divorces you and you retreat to small town. Chad blamed self for friend's death. Time heals most of us.
Catarina Águas
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this book enough, but the couple wasn't doing it for me. Like, I understand all Julia has been through, I really do, but she uses that as an excuse for everything and that wasn't ok. And Chad, I really liked him, and I don't Julia deserved him.
luayne
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

A cleanly written small town story. Predictable outcome. Animals add interest to story. Friendship and community support a newcomer with medical condition. Good read
Barbara J. Bacsa
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story line. Very interesting read. Loved the character insights.
Pam Jackson-gorsline
Julia

This is a good story with many twists and turns that keeps you reading. The characters were complex and interesting.
Michele D
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I really liked the characters and the story, however more attention should have been paid to the editing and I believe there was a problem with the formatting.
Beccam105
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book, laugh out loud moments.
Pam Steinacher
Good read

4 stars because it was a good story. Being a nurse the plot was interesting to me from a medical standpoint. I recommend this book.
Marsha Lessig
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Well crafted characters .. the author makes you care about them .. add a disease to the heroine and a tragic figure of a love interest and you have a well written story!
Rebecca
Low 3 star

Story line is fine, characters are likeable, but writing would benefit from an edit. Especially needs to be watched for wrong word errors and stray commas.
Leland D. Blackwood
Aug 17, 2018
Donna
Jan 30, 2019

• The Nanny Song
  • Love is the Answer, God is the Cure: A True Story of Abuse, Betrayal and Unconditional Love
  • Notice Me
  • Broken Promises (Past Imperfect Mystery Book 1)
  • Crossroads and the Dominion of Four
  • For the Love of Armin
  • The Unicorn Tree
  • Shot to Pieces
  • Be Still and Listen: Experience the Presence of God in Your Life
  • Finding Hope in the Darkness of Grief: Spiritual Insights Expressed Through Art, Poetry and Prose
  • The Awakening: Fate in Motion
  • The Creep
  • She Said!: The Book of Quotes
  • Dreams & Dew: Poems & Prose
  • Virgil the Hound: Against All Odds, One Hound Breaks Away From the Pack
  • Mistress Suffragette
  • The Octunnumi Fosbit Files Prologue
  • The Feds' Folly: Who Stole 17 Trillion? (The Jones Series) (Volume 2)
Kirsten is a writer with a love of art and design. She worked in the engineering field, taught college, and consulted free lance. Due to health problems, she retired in 2012 to travel with her husband. They live and work full time in a 40' travel trailer with their little dog Bingo. Besides writing romance novels, she enjoys selling art on Etsy and spoiling their three grandchildren.

As a writer,

Hometown (6 books)
  • Hometown Girl at Heart (Hometown #1)
  • Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)
  • Christmas in Smithville (Hometown, #4)
  • Hometown Girl Again (Hometown Series, #5)
  • Hometown Girl Memories (Hometown Series, #6)

News & Interviews