Start by marking “Oceanside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #3)” as Want to Read:
Oceanside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #3)

Oceanside

(Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances #3)

Oscar night.
Rock star legend, Ashland Keys should be on top of the world, but the blond blue-eyed SoCal surfer is disillusioned with fame, done with drugs, bored with the groupies and sick of all the fake f*ckery.
Published April 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Oceanside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oceanside

"Avonna
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

WOW! I am once again blown away by the emotions and realism of this series. Ms. Mankin consistently makes me feel all the highs and lows of a second chance romance. I am completely invested in all of the H/h’s HEA journeys. I recommend you read this series in order for the maximum investment in all of the characters.

OCEANSIDE (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances #3) by Michelle Mankin is a contemporary romance that deals with an em
Snow
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, rockers
a rockstar surfer...

a young singer rising...

He's water, she's fire...

and they are each other's path...

When Fanny meets her idol and crush, Ashland Keys the drummer of Dirty dogs, a band she s been following since her teen years, it's ideal and sweet and a bit awkward, like when a fan meets his star...after a brief conversation, a mutual praise for one another's work, and an obvious attraction...they part with an agreement to meet up a week later at a local cafe in Ocean Beach California...

HE's
Lisa Anthony
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oceanside is a standalone in the Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series. It is in presale on all retailers. Where there is light and love there is a way. Hang Ten. April 10.

Oceanside by Michelle Mankin will take you to Ocean Beach California where you will experience heart stopping emotions, lots of drama, suspense, secrets, and steamy love scenes. The writing in this book is so good and so detailed that it plays out like a real movie and yet reads like a poem because it has the most beauti
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Oceanside brings real problems, real heartache, and real relationships to the surface. Because of the way these subjects were treated, I was totally immersed in the story, as it made the characters very real to me.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Oceanside starts with a flashback, which brings Ash and Fanny's first meeting to the reader's attention. It was a great first meeting - who else has met someone at the Oscar's just before they both were to perform
Coco.V
Jul 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/5/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Oscar night.
A rising star, Fanny Bay is nominated for best original song in the same category as the Dirt Dogs band, but the novel redhead with the corkscrew curls and the slight Canadian accent would prefer to chart a course with a different destination.
H
Michelle Mankin
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: rock star romance, rocker romance, rockstar romance, second chance romance, contemporary romance
Oceanside excerpt
From the Prologue
Oscar night
Ashland

“Ash,” I corrected. “My friends call me Ash.” My voice sounded gruff from the weight of the things I wanted to explore further with her. Things that I wouldn’t, couldn’t pursue. Bad timing to meet someone who so intrigued me if the test turned out the way I feared. And even if it didn’t, she was too young, too innocent. Not at all right for someone like me.
“Ash,” she repeated, my name sliding so easily between those recently wetted ruby red li
Anne OK
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-arcs, 2018-reads
**Note: I received an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.**

Michelle Mankin is a new-to-me author. I’ve never read any of her other books. Oceanside was recommended as a stand-alone but, after reading this story, I feel it was an injustice and the overall reaction and understanding might have been better for me by sticking to my general rule of “reading in sequence.”

That being said, the sounds of the surf blending with rock-n-roll is a mix I find hard to turn my back on. Ad
Kahea
***4 ‘Hopeful Possibility’ Stars***

What a ride this book was!

There is so much going on it kinda made my head spin. There is obviously the romance between Ashland and Fanny, then there are the issues Ash and Fanny have going on outside of that (though to be honest they do merge, but still) and then there are the various relationships Ash has with the people in his life and how they all converge and become involved in the crazy that Ash and Fanny are involved in. In a lot of ways it was exhausti
book bruin
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook Review

Overall 4 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 3 stars

This was an emotional rock star, age gap, and second chance romance. I hadn't read or listened to the previous 2 books and will admit to being a bit confused at first by all the different characters and their extensive histories. Fans of the series will enjoy the appearances and updates on the previous couples though. There was a lot to keep track of at first, but once things got going and focused more on Ash and Fanny, I definitely
Karin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and it’s a complete standalone that you can follow perfectly without reading the prior ones. This is one of my favorite books by Michelle Mankin and I found it unique, engaging and had so much going on that I couldn’t put it down.

Fanny and Ash are both battling demons that make it very hard for them to allow anyone in their life. Things were much simpler the first time these two met even though is was brief but when they meet again it’s anything but easy but seeing Ash’s protec
Alison
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given ARC for honest review - 4.5 stars for sure!!

This is the third book in the series & could be read alone as I haven't read the first two.

I connected with this book straight away, Ashland & Franny's connection had me hooked.

Ashland is the drummer of Dirty Dogs & Franny is a huge fan but meant him when they where both performing at the Oscars as they where both nominated for their songs.

There where a few things I don't normally like to read but this book they didn't bug me l
Doris
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to an author that is not afraid to touch on a subject that hasn’t been mentioned much in a long time. I was so glad to finally get my hands on Ash’s story and wasn’t let down one bit. The night of meeting Fanny Bay backstage at an awards show Ash was about to receive the biggest and most challenging news he was ever going to face. Fanny Bay was a pretty and very talented singer who just happened to be up against the Dirty Dogs for an award. She was a huge fan of the Dirt Dogs even though s ...more
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and everyone
Recommended to Jennifer by: Lisa Anthony PA
Awhile ago I was asked if I would be interested in reading an arc of this, I said sure. Why not. Maybe I'll find another favorite author.

To be honest, before that e-mail, I'd never heard of Michelle Mankin. I have been deprived. But no more.

In preparation for reading this I one clicked Outside. Loved it. Then I one clicked again for Riptide. I haven't read that yet. But if Outside and now Oceanside are any indication, I'm sure I'll love that too.

That is just one of the many reason this series i
Kathy Aronoff
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off no matter what you think of this book you have to give kudos to Michelle Mankin for daring to take on a subject that can be very difficult for some at best and uncomfortable for others, while writing about it with compassion. With that being said I highly recommend reading the other books in this series to enhance the understanding of some of the revelations that come out about Ash, I think it would do him an injustice if the entire picture isn't understood. At the core of the story is ...more
Cyndi Becker
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With Oceanside Michelle Mankins' takes us back to OB and brings us the story of Dirt Dogs drummer Ashland Keys. Last we saw him, in Rock F*ck Club, he was being the quintessential bad boy of rock-n-roll. But with Ash there is so much more to him than meets the eye, it's just a matter of him recognizing and feeling worthy. In the case of Ash, his one time run in with a young songwriter Fanny Way will turn his life upside down and right side up.

Michelle seems to have a great amount of this world
Sandy S
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 10,2018

Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*4.5 Stars*

Omigosh did I love Oceanside! This whole series has been fabulous - the backstories, the romance, the friendships. But Oceanside...it's unique. Ash, the drummer for the now-retired Dirt Dogs, isn't your everyday hero. And Fanny is not your conventional heroine. They're from different worlds and they're opposites for sure...him dark, her light. But their story was captivating.

Highlights:
*Gripping
I was immediately pulled into the story despite it having been a year since I read the
Nightbird Novels
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
When Fanny Bay Lesowski has a brief encounter with a musician whose music speaks to her, music which helped her through many hard times in her life, her life is guaranteed to never be the same again. But, their promising exchange didn't last, and eventually she moved on with her life.

Ashland Keys was waiting on some life altering news, and although Fanny touched something within him that no one ever had, his life is derailed soon after. He would have loved to be there for her, but someone like
Lorna
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 3 in Michelle Mankin's Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances ended up being anything but a typical contemporary romance in any way, well except for the fact that it's a romance. Ash is the drummer for Dirty Dogs, a famous rock group. Fanny is a singer songwriter that meets her idol Ash at the Oscars. They are both nominated in the same category. A short and very important meeting for them both. When he stands her up for a date a few days later, Fanny's heart is almost broken. When the two mee ...more
Ali
Apr 11, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018-popsugar
I'm not sure how to rate Oceanside by Michelle Mankin. I've got some hot and cold feelings about it, overall.

While this can be read as a standalone, which I did. I WISH I had taken the time to read the first two books in the series first. There were some tidbits here and there that I had to assume alluded to situations that happened previously to this book. They threw me off and I'd have to pause and think 'did I miss something', but then I'd realize it was probably a detail from a book I hadn'
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
I’ve been trying to wrestle my thoughts to put down in a review for a few hours now. And I still don’t really know where to start with my review of Oceanside as I know whatever I write will not do justice to how amazing this story of life, despair, hope, and love truly is.

I guess I’ll start with Ashland—Ash to his friends. Ash is moving through life. Moving, not living. Sure, he has a very successful business, the love of his family and friends, and his solitude. But he’s really not living, not
Carrie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fanny & Ash pulled me in straight away. Their story is intense and complex, and the obstacles they face are unique. Unique to the book world, altho Ash's obstacles are, I think, common issues that have been overlooked in recent years.

There are some parts I wasn't a fan of - glimpses of Ash's pre-Fanny life that were too detailed for me, altho I understand why they were included. I did skip around those, not fully reading them as they were personal hard no's.

Aside from that, I love the paci
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Shelves: 2018
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I have been reading books written by the incredibly talented Michelle Mankin ever since 2012 when I discovered her Brutal Strength series, which I have probably re-read over about ten times since. She is the kind of author that never disappoints with her captivating writing style that will hook readers in from start to finish.

Oceanside is the third book in the Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series. Although this story is considered a standalon
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oceanside is book three in the Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series. It can be read as a standalone but if you read the previous ones you'll recognize some of the characters. I'm a huge fan of Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series. I couldn't wait to read this one and then when it hit my kindle, I was worried it won't stand up to the huge exceptions I built up in my head. I had no need to worry, it was as great as I expected. Ashland and Fanny are amazing characters. Their story pulle ...more
Taz Lozada
4 1/2 stars

Fanny and Ashland meet when they are both at a crossroads in their lives, fast forward 2 years later and they are running into each other. Ashland finds Fanny when she need help more then anything to get through life. Fanny helps Ashland out of his self imposed exile that has his friends knowing that she is the one. Music can bring together and their songs of the heart will find each other.

Mankin wrote an emotionally charged story that tackles issues in our modern society that needs
Karen King
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a nice little surprise to find a new Rock Star Author!!Love Love Loved this book!!

Ash and Fanny both meet each other while they are at different junctures in their careers/lives. Fanny is a rising star and Ash is on the Eve of his biggest nightmare. “Wrong time” to meet but they have feelings for each other.

This story was a great beach read. Loved the group of friends that surrounded Ash and Fanny I their support for their relationship. This is the 3rd book of the series but could definite
Maria
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

The story of Ashland & Fanny Bay is one of a kind.

Just when you think it'll be a regular love story, there are lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing. Their relationship evolves into something much more than expected and the story is wonderfully written. The next book can't come soon enough!

This is the first book I've read by Michelle Mankin & I gotta say, I'm glad I did because she is now one of my favorites.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read an ARC copy of this.

I really enjoyed this book. at first I wasn't sure. It was deeper than I originally thought. However, I thought that even though they both had messed up lives I felt that they were perfect for each other. I was really happy that they were together.
Sara Oxton
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oceanside by Michelle Mankin a Four-star read that will make you want to visit the ocean. This is the third book in the Rock stars, Surf and Second chances series, I read it as stand-alone, but I would recommend reading the series in order as I did feel like I missed part of the story. Ashland Keys is a complex and intriguing man and a character you will want to know more about, I think if I had read the other books I would have known the complexities a little better and I would have enjoyed it ...more
Kim
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

“Love is the most powerful compelling wave you’ve ever seen.” I needed to explain this to him in terms he could understand. “It’s knowing even as you take that wave that you’ll never completely master it. It’s using all the skill and life experience you have, but it’s also letting go because you know there’s no other choice for you and no better ride to bring you home to the perfect shore.” - Ash

Move over Karen and Ramon, Ash and Fanny are my new favorite couple of this series! I do l
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Loneliest Tour (Willow Son, #2; Brothers Of Rock, #17)
  • The Widow and the Rock Star (The Widow #1)
  • Ready to Reach/Hammer and a Song (Nashville #1-2)
  • Wycked Crush (Wycked Obsession Book 1)
  • One More Moment (Band on the Run, #3)
  • Rock Starred: Love My Way
  • Tracing Holland (NSB, #2)
  • Shattered Rhythm  (Meltdown #3)
  • Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)
  • Addicted
  • Down Beat (Dark Tide, #1)
  • Playing Along
  • Duplicity (Jilted #1)
  • Cold Hard Cash (Los Angeles Bad Boys #1)
  • Rocked & Twisted Box Set (Lost in Oblivion, #1-2.5)
  • Off Your Rocker (The Rock God Series #1)
  • Mondspiel
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
MICHELLE MANKIN is the New York Times bestselling author of the Black Cat Records series of novels.
Fall in love with a rock star.
Love Evolution, Love Revolution, and Love Resolution are a BRUTAL STRENGTH centered trilogy, combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock 'n roll industry.
Things take a bit of an edgier, once upon a ti

Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances (3 books)
  • Outside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #1)
  • Riptide (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #2)