Start by marking “Color Me In (Last Chance #2)” as Want to Read:
Color Me In (Last Chance #2)

Color Me In

(Last Chance #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  1,361 Ratings  ·  173 Reviews
Caleb White has been a lot of places and made a lot of decisions he isn’t proud of. He’s ready to settle down and figure out who he really is. Where better to do that than Last Chance, the home he was ripped away from at sixteen? A fresh start is in order, but he has no idea how to do that when he’s not even sure what he wants in the first place.

Ryan Daily is a pro at hid
Published January 28th 2018 by Riley Hart

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I loved, loved, loved Depth of Field and had high hopes for Color Me In. And while I wasn't let down exactly, I had some issues with the way the story progressed.

But first let's discuss what I liked:

- Alternating POV (Riley Hart does such a good job of fleshing out her MCs by allowing us to get inside their heads and really feel their emotions.)

- Sensual steamy scenes (Slow burn that begins with mere touches and kisses, and moves on to pure passion.)

- Demisexual character (I absolutely lo
Nazanin
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m-romance
3 Sweet Tooth & Salt Friend Stars

Caleb has returned to his hometown, Last Chance, after so many years. He needed to make peace with his past, needed to find himself again, to find what he wants. The last time he was in this town he was sixteen, he and his parents left the town so sudden and after that Caleb wasn’t in a good situation and did things that he regretted them now!

Ryan has been in Last Chance and working for Shane (Caleb’s best friend when he lived in the town) for some time now.
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
I honestly didn't love the first book in this series. And this one had some mixed reviews. But I actually ended up liking it more than book 1.

I was really glad this one wasn't riddled with drama. I liked how everything played out. Yeah, the ex Dani was mentioned quite a bit. And the guys turned a bit sappy towards the end.

But I enjoyed the slow build of the relationship. I liked seeing Ryan and Caleb go from friends to lovers. I thought Ryan's demi-sexuality was done really well. And I loved s
Dia
4,5 stars rounded up

I absolutely love Riley Hart's writing!! And I loved this one so much! I enjoyed it even more than the first book in the series. It's my first book about a demisexual character.

Well developed characters and super hot scenes!!!
Cadiva
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

This book is simply beautiful: Beautiful language, beautiful romance and straight up beautifully crafted.

Set in Riley's Last Chance, this is a town where people go back to their pasts and find strength in the unexpected. In this instance, Caleb finds love without any judgement in an all night diner and Ryan finds out he's not broken, only that he needs to have his emotions and his heart involved before he feels desire.

I loved, loved, loved how Riley created Ryan's demi-sexuality to be an ele
.Lili.
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, jan-18
I'm sure I will be the minority here. While I liked Color Me In by Riley Hart, I didn't love it. It was slow to start; it took until after 40% for it to pick up for me. I'm not sure why it has all the components that I love: friends to lovers, hurt/comfort/healing, second chances, and a slow burn, but I couldn't connect- I tried.

Let's focus on some highlights:

-Alternating POVs

-Character growth

-Slow burn romance. They don't just jump into bed even though off the bat there's a connection between
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
I just realized this is my first Riley Hart. Apparently I've shelved her books numerous times but never pulled the trigger on actually reading one. For shame.

I can see why people enjoy reading her work because this was very sweet, cozy. Color Me In is a story about second chances in a variety of different ways. Both Caleb and Ryan have suffered heartbreaks and missteps that have led them to Last Chance, a sleepy Oregon town that had me hearing a refrain of Angelo Badalamenti tunes. Don't ask. My
Elsa Bravante
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Me ha gustado bastante, dos protagonistas perdidos, uno de ellos demisexual, una relación con slow burn, sexy, y muy sentimental. Una lectura tranquila, pero muy muy agradable. Lo he leído sin leer el primero de la serie, pero la pareja protagonista sale mucho, así que me ha despertado la curiosidad y en breve lo leeré.
Una bonita historia, aunque tenga algunos momentos realmente tristes.
Denise H.
"...I spent most of my life seeing in black and white. Hell, maybe all of it, and now, with him, there's color, He colored me in."
I love Riley Hart's books, with her amazing character, deep emotions, and tantalizing tales. Ryan's been a mechanic at Shane's Garage for awhile. Caleb is back in his hometown and meets Ryan, at the all night diner; each man is dealing with insomnia. They talk, bond, become friends.

Ryan has had it rough, divorced and dealing with his baby's death. Caleb also had hard
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.75 stars.

"When you change someone's life without trying...by just being, that's when you know it's really something..."

Color Me In started off REALLY slow for me, unfortunately. And that changed how much I enjoyed the book. I really felt like Riley was trying a bit too hard at being funny(?) or something but it wasn't quite going the way she wanted too.

And that was a bit disappointing because I really was looking forward to Ryan and Caleb's story. Thankfully, the second have was wher
River
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
The rating for this one is my fault, I think. When I read the first I felt like there was so much we didn't know about Caleb that I was dying to know. I waited for this book and when I read it... it was ok. So yeah, I had high expectations. The book is good though, very entertaining. very Riley, if you like her work, then you are definitely going to enjoy this.
ohh and before I forget, there's ace representation! so that was a win.

I'm curious if there are going to be more books and about
Christina
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As much as I loved Depth of Field there was something just as charming about this second in the series as well, albeit in a different way. I absolutely loved the slow burn--and actually appreciated it given the storyline and the things that Ryan needed to discover about himself first. And when they finally get together--the one scene with the hands and the face (I won't spoil it)--but SWOON! I adored this book.
BR11
This Last Chance series gets better and better. This couple was so sweet... I loved how Caleb was with Ryan, never pushing him and being a sweetheart with him. But Ryan was my fav, so innocent and such a good guy.
On the one hand these two were the same and then, on the other, their life experiences couldn’t be more different.
Angst free and hot. I’m a happy girl.
haletostilinski
I enjoyed this one.

Caleb, the friend that Shane talks about in the first book who was taken away by his family one day, finally returns to Last Chance, to start his life over, in a way, and get back his friendship with Shane. What he isn't expecting is Ryan, who he meets in the 24-hour diner in town late one night because they both have insomnia and can't sleep.

Ryan, Shane's friend and coworker at the car shop from book one, believes he's straight, because he has an ex-wife who he loved and wa
CaRo
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it but there were no surprises.
Chris
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I’m all for hearts and flowers at the moment and this continues the vibe ! This was a beautiful story - Caleb returning home after a harsh few years and Ryan not knowing what direction to take as life kept throwing curveballs. The elements of friendship, empathy and respect was strong and Caleb was adorable as he supported Ryan through his new feelings. Really enjoyed the warmth of this one❤ ...more
Eugenia
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Delightful!

How refreshing to read a book with a demisexual MC! This was a delicious burning read that made connection and touch more important that sex—not that there wasn’t plenty of that!

This is the second book in the Last Chance series, and could conceivably be read as a standalone, but the first book is great, so why would you?

Caleb comes back to town after years away shocked to find that his first love and best friend is now head over heels for his high school bully (story from first book).
Bibliophile
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, best-of-2018
Another great book from the Last Chance series. This book spoke to me, in large part, because I am a touch whore. When I am in relationships, I crave touch. And affection. And kinky sex doesn't hurt. :)

So as you might gather, any book that has all three instantly gets a high rating for me. I really enjoyed seeing Ryan and Caleb's relationship blossom. I also enjoyed watching those first tendrils of lust and curiosity bloom into full-seated passion. And I appreciated how moments of angst weren't
Shahreen
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is my first full length book by Riley Hart and it was pretty damn fantastic. Two men meet by accident even though they have a mutual friend and strike up a friendship that goes through some ups and downs before they become platonic roommates and then more. There was real depth to this story, the characters were fully developed, and I liked the pacing of their relationship. With one man out and proud, and the other questioning his sexuality on many levels; Ms. Hart did a wonderful j
Elizabeth
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. It was great to see Shane and Van again but the stars of the book Caleb and Ryan really are great together.
This one felt different than other books from Ms. Hart. Lots of dirty talk and exploration, which I loved and was awesome. The relationship broken down is really a friends to lovers but it's mostly all about Ryan and his discovery of his demi-sexuality. I really enjoyed the exploration scenes, a lot. Hehe.
Not much angst here just a guy coming to terms with fallin
David Alexander
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hart
~4.5 Stars
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riley is taking us back to Last Chance for Caleb's story. Once I finished book 1, I was hoping Riley would give us Caleb's story and now that she has I couldn't wait to read it.
As usual you will not be disappointed. Riley gives us a beautiful love story again about second chances. She gives us great backstories for Caleb and Ryan. We also get a little of Van and Shane.
Caleb is Shane's best friend from when they were little and they had their firsts together. When Caleb came out to his family the
Lulu Forth
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“People always judge. Even those who stand against judging of others still do it—they just don’t let themselves see it.”

Book two in the Last Chance series. Loved this book. It’s beautifully written and beautifully executed and I fell in love with Caleb and Ryan.

Caleb has returned to his childhood town of Last Chance. He’s come to see his childhood best friend Shane (from book 1). After being taken away from the town abruptly by his parents when they found out he was gay he has since lead a very

Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, bi, hea-hfn, mm, steamy
5 Stars

Caleb has come back to his small hometown of Last Chance after years of being away. Although he didn’t leave on his own terms, but rather on his parents when they discovered he was gay and whisked him away at the age of 16, he did continue to stay away of his own accord, but now feeling like he needs to find himself he’s come home. There he gets reacquainted with his childhood best friend, Shane as well as Shane’s boyfriend Van, but the person that really catches his eye is the guy he me
Alex
Feb 11, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf, nope
I usually like Riley Hart books so I'm going to put that one on the fact that I wasn't in the mood.

Angie
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS!!!
AGandyGirl
*4.5 Stars*

“I can’t promise I’ll be perfect, that I won’t stumble. I’m still getting comfortable in my skin, but… all I know is, being with you… it feels right. You feel right. It’s like everything was black and white and now I’m seeing in color. Like I was just an outline and you somehow colored me in.”

I have to say I thought about the movie Pleasantville a few times.

This was beautiful and quite possibly the most sensual book I have ever read. Ryan’s discovery and exploration into his sexualit
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Brightly Colored Stars!

Riley Hart has written some of my all time favorite couples in this genre. For that reason I keep coming back to her again and again. This new release may surpass COLLIDE for me as my most beloved. At the very least it will be a close tie. It doesn't matter so much the sexual orientation of this couple. This is a story about humans. It's about friendship and heartache. Acceptance and belonging. As the title suggests, it's about taking a ordinary black and white life an
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Last Chance (2 books)
  • Depth of Field (Last Chance, #1)