Start by marking “Burn Me” as Want to Read:
Burn Me

Burn Me

When Daniel Macallan’s rock star brother Matt needs an intervention for his drinking problem, one of the first people to show up is Matt’s best friend and Daniel’s very first crush, tattooed rock god Rocco Ponti. Six months sober following a brush with death, Rocco knows a thing or two about the painful process of giving up drugs and alcohol, including one of the biggest r ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 285 pages
Published January 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Burn Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Me

Kazza
This book and I had a fucking tussle initially. But this author.... JW always hits on something personal. And her characters? They wrestle me to the ground and make me surrender to them.
The most underrated writer in the genre.
Blog review...
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Line
Jan 22, 2019 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Burn-Me-Jess...
Roberta Blablanski
Disclaimer: I may be biased seeing as rock stars are my favorite type of character, but this book has to be at the top of the list of best reads for me this year.

So, this is going to be the most personal review I've written. Reading the blurb and content warning about dark themes should have made me run away from this book given that I started it while in the middle of a depressive episode and while coping with an unrequited crush. Sounds like a recipe for disaster of the mental health variety,
Lucy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is definitely darker than what I usually read. There is a strong theme of addiction running through it, with Rocco a recovering drug addict and Matt an alcoholic that needs recovery. They are rocks stars who were thrust into serious fame and fortune young, really too young to be able to handle it. Daniel is Matt’s little brother and he desperately wants his brother to not just stay alive, but be healthy and happy. Coming together with Rocco, they try to get Matt to heal.

The aspects of dep
Maygirl7
I just loved this book. There are so many things to love about this story.
-Daniel
-Rocco
-The talking
-The feels
-The highs and the lows
-The caring between the MCs
-The perfectly imperfect family members
-And let’s not forget the smex. Woof!
It’s amazing that in a book that’s about a rock star and podcaster that the podcaster is the shining sun that you can’t keep your eyes from.
Paula´s  ShortReview
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Un claro ejemplo de que el amor no es la píldora maravillosa que a veces nos quieren hacer creer en los libros, que todo lo cura.
Un personaje roto y otro que quiere aydarlo a recomponerse pero que sabe que va a costar mucho.
Me gustó mucho, le pondría 5 estrellas si no fuera que el 25% final deja de ser tan realista como el resto y lo edulcora un poco para ir conduciendolo hacia el HEA, pero esta parte fianl me gustó porque no lo agiliza de más, sigue siendo una evolución natural como el resto de
Coco.V
Jan 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/31/2018)! 💝
Rosie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book

Thank you! Not many authors write in detail about addiction. I could relate to most of this book. Being duel addicted and clean and sober for over 40 years, this author dealt with the honest side. Not so pretty, it's harsh and brutal. Most details were spot on. The ones I disagreed with are purely personal opinion. I would really like a follow up book about these characters.
Suzy
So. Many. Feels.

I adore this book! Jess Whitecroft has the ability to write laugh out loud funny but she also nails emotional and poetic too.
Anna
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Co za jazda!!!!
Em
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good in all manners of speaking. The two main characters were such a wonderful couple. They were a touch lighter than all the damages m/m characters I've been reading lately. I loved how the relationship progressed and grew. This book was a first for me by this author and I hope to read more from her.
SaDeAn
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

I was pumped to pick this up while it was free on Amazon. It always strikes me how what you pay for something so rarely translates into how much you will value it.
I enjoyed the crap out of this book. It was a great storyline with wonderfully complex and interesting characters. It felt both real and surreal, reality and fantasy, all at the same time.
It is true that there are some harsh realities in this book, with self-harm, depression, suicide, and addiction playing major parts. As someon
Claudia
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I've been going back and forward between 3 and 4 stars. There was something in this book that didn0t click for me and maybe it's because unlike other Jess Whitecroft's books I've read, this one is angstier. There's no much funny stuff that usually balnaces the oh so terrible things that usually happens to the characters in these books. But also I felt that Daniel as a character was not as three dimensional as any other character and it bothered me. Was podcasting his 8-5 job? Who's he working fo ...more
Debbora
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author. There was a lots of raw emotional drama.
I’d definitely read more by this author.
Grace Delaney
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whitecroft handles the behaviors of addicts and defines addiction with precision.

"Addiction invents reasons, but it will never, ever show you any mercy, because it has none. All it wants is for you to keep on feeding..."

For anyone who has been through addiction or has been around someone who has suffered from this terrible disease, this story will resonate. But it's the love story that will keep you reading.

Daniel has had a crush on Rocco since he was a teenager and when a fresh-from-rehab Rocc
Nerys Medina
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well,

This book was a rollercoaster of feels... From longing, to dread, to suspicion, to heartwarming, to dramatic, and of course, so steamy and hot that I was lucky to be reading in a place with an awesome AC.

I have to admit, that the topic of addiction is a jarring one, the book shows how many things fall in the category of vice, and it describes how dark and dangerous can be to let yourself fall victim to it.
My mind went into overdrive with many things while reading, I also learned some fun fa
Valerie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addiction is a hard subject to read about and especially when you see the effects it has on the family. When Rocco, Matt's best friend, and Daniel's long-time crush, comes to town in order to help Matt get clean and sober, Daniel and Rocco grow closer together. Rocco is also a recovering addict and when Matt lashes out, Daniel is there for him.

I enjoyed getting to know both Rocco and Daniel. There is a sizzling attraction between the two, and while Daniel doesn't want to do anything to jeopardiz
joani
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Bittersweet

I have been in Daniels shoes with quite a few loved ones battling addiction and I know heartbreaking and hopelessness you feel in your heart. I also know how damaging it can be to have sex and love the new obsession and addiction but it was too much sex to read about. I bored me the constant sex and information babble that just wasn't needed...on Daniels side. I think I would have been more moved seeing things through Rocco's eyes and heart. To feel his pain and struggles...to know th
Jules
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved

This is the first book I've read from this author and now I'm stalking her. This book was a complete page turner. I loved the main characters and their emotions could be felt with every page. Daniel's love for Rocco was off the charts and I couldn't get enough of them. It's a beautiful story of damaged souls and the healing power of true love. Sigh!

I would definitely recommend to friends x
Pat
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The storyline was wonderfully written and the characters were so detailed that I had a very hard time putting this book down until I was finished!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Lagaertha
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a truly awesome read. I would even rate it with 6 stars if I could. It was poetic, fun, raw and so so deep in it’s description of love and addiction. I need to read more from this new to me author🙏🏼
Rachel
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This is more of a 3.5, if only because I really wish the characters were a little more fleshed out. I didn't hugely connect with Daniel and his POV just because his only characteristics seemed to be that he was geeky and obsessive. However, the all-consuming romance was great.
Claire
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, mm, contemporary
Gema Cela rodríguez
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It got me a litle to get into the story but once I did, I really enjoyed it. I really got to connect with Daniel and loved Rocco's character and the development of their relationship. In the end, I got to feel along with them, so for me that's a 5 stars.
Liv
Mar 31, 2019
Lori
Nov 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jess Whitecroft was born and educated in the UK, where she was once voted 'Most Likely To Think That Writing A Romantic Comedy About Bigfoot Is A Good Idea'.

After serving an apprenticeship with the late, great Black Lace books, and after many genres and many pseudonyms, she returned to romance, with a fondness for telling unconventional stories about unconventional lovers.
“Between the two of us we’ve made the inside of my car smell like the inside of a gay bathhouse in seventies San Francisco, minus the poppers.” 4 likes
“Every now and again my brain craps out and decides it’s not going to let me experience happiness for a while.” 2 likes