Start by marking “The Self-Discipline Blueprint: A Simple Guide to Beat Procrastination, Achieve Your Goals, and Get the Life You Want” as Want to Read:

Achieve Anything You Set Your Mind To Without Feeling Overworked and Overwhelmed.
What if a few simple habits and strategies could help you stop putting things off and start getting things done? What if you kept every promise you made to yourself? What if you could enjoy guilt-free leisure at the end of each day?

Certified mental trainer, Patrik Edblad, has helped
Published January 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Self-Discipline Blueprint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Self-Discipline Blueprint

Start your review of The Self-Discipline Blueprint: A Simple Guide to Beat Procrastination, Achieve Your Goals, and Get the Life You Want
Pamela
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Gave up after first chapter

I work shifts and it's just not suited to me. It's all about routine, getting enough sleep and doing things at a certain time of the day...
There's no point pushing through to realise non of it can apply to my life.
Diane
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
My first impression was that this book was too simple. It was obvious, common sense advice that everyone knows. As I made my way through the book, though, Edblad offered more interesting and helpful advice and suggestions. For a quick read to remind yourself how to get back on track, or for a few fresh pointers on how to get organized, I would definitely recommend this book.
Abhinay Kumar
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Though many follow most of the strategies which are explained in the book I think it's really nice to see again. Some are new strategies for me, to put it in a single line I can say this is a definite go to book whenever the momentum is getting diminishes or getting slow. Quick read but bundled with more knowledge. Good recommendation to any loved ones who are moving away from their track. I believe author Patrik is a librarian because of many quotations from different books and ...more
Sloan
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have read other books about, or are practicing building discipline and or good habits, then there probably isn't anything new in this book. Even then, it is a quick enough read to refresh yourself and maybe get you back on track if you need to, or even just reinforce your discipline. If you are already familiar with the topics, you can probably skip the chapter summaries and finish this thing in an hour or maybe less, so why not?
Suryasis Paul
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Patrik Edbald is a blogger and a certified "mental trainer" . His mission is to " break down the science human flourishing into simple, actionable steps so that you can use them to become the highly effective and healthy person you want to be". Recently has taken a major leap in his blogging career by summarising the essence of his mental training regimen into a book named the "Self Discipline Blueprint".
Joseph
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good actionable steps towards developing self discipline, has a handy summary after each chapter, if you ever feel lost browse these summaries for some inspiration and actions to take to stop you drifting. Biggest takeaway: stay healthy, keep up the momentum, push yourself to expand but be nice to yourself hey :)
Ivy Dupree
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this... What an Amazing life-guide!

Love how the Author keeps your attention by keeping chapters short and to the point! Very easy on the mind... best book I've read in a very long time. This is a life changer! An absolute must-read! I let my 10 & 12 year old know... I'm putting this on their summer readings list! Never too young to learn a life skill!
William Green
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Puts things in perspective

I read a lot of self help books and this covers on a lot of the same things. It definitely has some unique stories and has made me look at things in a way I have not previously. I love way it ends with the storyboards story. It's a quick easy read that's worth your time.
Rafael Acosta
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is what I needed.

This is an excellent book. I have a very demanding job, family and kids and I don't have a lot a time to read a deep analysis of how productivity principles work. I needed a practical advices and examples of how to use it. I found that in this book. Thank Mr. Edblad. You are making a better world one person at time.
Jalil H
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really good read to get some new ideas and advice to change your day to day habits for the better; helps with self-evaluation as well as make you realise where you currently are and compare it with where you want to be (especially if you're as lazy as me when it comes to getting things done and making every hour count!)
Sarah Sobeh
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, kindle
If you're someone who every once in a while needs a motivational nudge to get back into momentum and have more control over their decisions, then this book is for you. It's practical, easy-to-read and helpful!

"You need to focus your decision-making energy. You need to routinize yourself. You cant be going through the day distracted by trivia.
Whitney
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it , love it , love it!!!

I ended up reading this book randomly and could not stop reading until I got to the end. Every tip is helpful and is broken down so you can understand easy. I will be reading more , definitely a good book to read if your not sure about your passion or how to approach it and or how to achieve daily or your all around goals.
Shannen Dunham
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a Guide to the Blueprint of YOUR Success

This is great for anyone who is looking for the foundation to build from who wants to be successful at something . This book is like a guide for business owners and their personal life. After years of useful research and studying this book SERVED (auto cap) as a great tool for fundamental guidance. Thank you
CreativeMending
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal
This book is simple and concise. The more you read the more excited you are to get through and start up the workbook. There's a nice amount of citings for further self-growth reading. Absolutely worth the cost and a great book for anyone wanting to improve their life now.
Bur Nour
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Starting Point

Great information. Concise. Actionable plans. I really enjoyed reading this manual. Provides an excellent starting point to get moving towards making small or big modifications in one's habits.
Stephanie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good summary

It provides a good overview of what can be done to beat procrastination. Many references in the book to further your knowledge on each strategy. I like how the author structure the book. Makes it very easy to read.
mandy wood
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!

Love this! Great steps to follow, excellent advice. A wonderful starting point for beginners looking to get their life on track and start making strides in life. You can bet Ill be re reading this and doing the exercises in more depth!
James Turner
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book was easy to understand and simple to follow along with. Good action steps and guidance throughout, as well a helpful workbook to keep track and practice suggested action steps.
Laurel Jones
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid read

Enjoyable.. Not a ton of fluff, solid action items. Could do with more implementation techniques and the habit workbook isn't free, so it feels a bit like a bait and switch.
Kellie J Morman
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic and Concise

The book was excellent and combined information into one condense and effective approach. I have read other books on one strategy or subject and would have been there times as long with no additional insight.
Elena Costin
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always moving forward

A great reminder of what it takes to succeed, in a compassionate, thorough, and approachable way. I would recommend this way way of thinking, this action plan, to anyone and everyone!
Blanca Perez
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it was very easy to read and understand and made me think

I really recommended it, especially if you cant accomplish daily tasks it gives you lots of knowledge on how to deal with how to accomplish things
Sudhanshu Tripathi
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and Simple

I like the short meaningful chapters than making your chapters lengthier and using complex ways to potray ideas! This is amazing to put to work as well. Kudos.
Christine Archuletta
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very clear and easy to follow

Subject matter was very clear and easy to follow much like an action plan. Also liked the content wasn't all fluff and babble.
Nicolas Ruiz
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great material

There are some good strategies to apply to be more disciplined. I recommend the book. Moreover because every strategy has a source that the reader can explore
Maxx
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worth your time to read

If you would like to have discipline and take care of your life then this book is right for you. Very motivated to finished upon starte the first chapter.
Freya
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing and super helpful! A must read!
Jayla Jasso
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clear and precise

No fluff, just what you need to know without padding. Im implementing several of the strategies right now and am seeing results.
Stephanie Geddes
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!

I suffer from really bad procrastination. This book was a big help..
Some of the advice and tips were amazing

• Fast Focus: A Quick-Start Guide To Mastering Your Attention, Ignoring Distractions, And Getting More Done In Less Time!
  • To-Do List Formula: A Stress-Free Guide To Creating To-Do Lists That Work!
  • The Anti-Procrastination Habit: A Simple Guide to Mastering Difficult Tasks
  • How to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck: A proven path to financial fitness in only 15 minutes a week! (Smart Money Blueprint)
  • 30 Days- Change your habits, Change your life: A couple of simple steps every day to create the life you want
  • One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way
  • The Science of Self-Learning: How to Teach Yourself Anything, Learn More in Less Time, and Direct Your Own Education
  • The No-Spend Challenge Guide: How to Stop Spending Money Impulsively, Pay off Debt Fast, & Make Your Finances Fit Your Dreams
  • The Procrastination Cure: 21 Proven Tactics For Conquering Your Inner Procrastinator, Mastering Your Time, And Boosting Your Productivity!
  • Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind
  • 80/20 Your Life! How To Get More Done With Less Effort And Change Your Life In The Process!
  • Upgrade Yourself: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Mindset, Improve Your Habits and Change Your Life
  • The Procrastinator's Handbook: Mastering the Art of Doing It Now
  • Item Response Theory for Psychologists
  • Black Flags, Blue Waters: The Epic History of America's Most Notorious Pirates
  • Taiko: An Epic Novel of War and Glory in Feudal Japan
  • Fundamentals of Item Response Theory
  • Introduction to Classical & Modern Test Theory
My work is all about answering the question: "How can we live better?"

To find the answer, I write about timeless ideas and science-backed strategies to feel great and perform at your very best.

I distill this wisdom into Good Life Blueprints simple, concise, and actionable books you can use to optimize different areas of your life.

> Click here to check them out! <