Start by marking “The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel” as Want to Read:
The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel

The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel

Abit is back! Four years after that fateful summer in "A Life for a Life," Abit Bradshaw faces the biggest challenge of his life in "The Roads to Damascus," the much-anticipated second book in the Appalachian Mountain Mysteries trilogy. When a family of con artists fleeces his school and casts suspicion on him, Abit, with the support of his friends Della Kincaid and Alex C ...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 267 pages
Published February 5th 2018 by Lynda McDaniel Books

To ask other readers questions about The Roads to Damascus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roads to Damascus

Jolie
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Roads to Damascus takes place four years after A Life for A Life. Abit (or VJ) is home after being expelled from The Hicks. A family of con artists takes his school for a large amount of money. They also set Abit up to take the fall. Abit decides that he needs to find them and their other victims. His journey leads him through Virginia and back to North Carolina. During this journey, Abit learns that not all smarts come from the brain and that there was a place in the world for people like h ...more
Cindy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Goodreads kindle giveaway

I was excited to win this book, as I liked the premise and was happy to be introduced to a new set of characters, in a trilogy no less! I read the first book and liked it very much, so anticipated being equally enthralled with this one. Sadly, it did not grab me in the same way.
I enjoyed the book, and might recommend it. I do want to read the final book in the trilogy (I'm no quitter!) But I just felt that there were too many circumstances that didn't seem believable to
Marissa
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

A thrilling read as it quickly moves along.

Abit Bradshaw finds himself searching what he is meant to do. As he tries on his journey with is friends through the District of Columbia to Virginia, and to his hometown of North Carolina7 . He will meet up both saints and sinners along his path, he must learn to navigate around them.
Joan
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good story about the Appalachian country, people, craftwork, cooking, and music with another bit of crime and the law (this time a nasty con job). I’m enjoying this series (including a short prequel) and just downloaded Book 3, Welcome, Little Children . . . I know I’m going to miss these characters.

Heidi Van keulen
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a Kindle edition of this book in a Goodreads giveaway. It is the 2nd book in a trilogy, and I will definitely go back and read the first. I don't know if I would quite call it a mystery; it was more of a coming of age story. I really enjoyed the narrator's voice. The characters were richly drawn, and the story was well-paced. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Katherine
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just plain disappointed...not that much of a mystery...more of a coming of age story.
Cecilia Honn
Melissa
Vernon Luckert
Jamie
Feb 15, 2018
I love writing page-turners--both fiction and non-fiction. And I love helping others to do the same, living into their dreams of writing books. I believe my success comes down to a respect for my readers. I know I am easily bored, so I work hard to engage and inspire my readers.

I got my start as a writer in the most unlikely place--a town of 200 people in the mountains of North Carolina. But livin