Start by marking “The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel” as Want to Read:
The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel

The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel

He got what he'd always wanted ...
... then lost it.

Trying to find it again could cost him everything.

Abit Bradshaw finally made it back to school—only to be thrown out when a trio of con artists fleeced his school and blamed him.

His neighbor Della Kincaid can help. A former crime reporter, she knows how to chase down leads ... but she can't chase these crooks. Only one pe
Kindle Edition, 1, 267 pages
Published February 5th 2018 by Lynda McDaniel Books

To ask other readers questions about The Roads to Damascus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roads to Damascus

Start your review of The Roads to Damascus: A Mystery Novel
Jolie
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Roads to Damascus takes place four years after A Life for A Life. Abit (or VJ) is home after being expelled from The Hicks. A family of con artists takes his school for a large amount of money. They also set Abit up to take the fall. Abit decides that he needs to find them and their other victims. His journey leads him through Virginia and back to North Carolina. During this journey, Abit learns that not all smarts come from the brain and that there was a place in the world for people like h ...more
Cindy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Goodreads kindle giveaway

I was excited to win this book, as I liked the premise and was happy to be introduced to a new set of characters, in a trilogy no less! I read the first book and liked it very much, so anticipated being equally enthralled with this one. Sadly, it did not grab me in the same way.
I enjoyed the book, and might recommend it. I do want to read the final book in the trilogy (I'm no quitter!) But I just felt that there were too many circumstances that didn't seem believable to
Marissa
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

A thrilling read as it quickly moves along.

Abit Bradshaw finds himself searching what he is meant to do. As he tries on his journey with is friends through the District of Columbia to Virginia, and to his hometown of North Carolina7 . He will meet up both saints and sinners along his path, he must learn to navigate around them.
Joan
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good story about the Appalachian country, people, craftwork, cooking, and music with another bit of crime and the law (this time a nasty con job). I’m enjoying this series (including a short prequel) and just downloaded Book 3, Welcome, Little Children . . . I know I’m going to miss these characters.

Heidi Van keulen
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a Kindle edition of this book in a Goodreads giveaway. It is the 2nd book in a trilogy, and I will definitely go back and read the first. I don't know if I would quite call it a mystery; it was more of a coming of age story. I really enjoyed the narrator's voice. The characters were richly drawn, and the story was well-paced. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Robbin Rogers
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As well-written as the first, "A Life for a Life".

Great characters and well developed plot that holds together and pulls you into the next book. Highly recommended from someone who does a lot of reading.
Ola
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Appalachian Mystery series kept me turning the pages. The characters are so real I feel like I know them. You need to start reading the first one before reading this one though. That was "A Life for a Life". Looking forward to more in the series.
Dot Day
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pleasurable Road Trip

I am making my way through Lynda McDaniel s fiction. She has memorable characters, just enough suspense without murder, interesting dialogue woven together in her stories . Join me on my journey. You won't be disappointed.
Katherine
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Just plain disappointed...not that much of a mystery...more of a coming of age story.
Cathy
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was totally smitten by the first novel in this series. Abit, Della and Alex cocooned me in the Appalachian backdrop, and no sooner had I finished their first 'case', I was more than a little eager for their company again.

We've moved on four years, and Abit has returned to education, previously curtailed by his father due to Abit's 'slowness'. It all goes well until a spot of bother with a girl. Not the 'bun in the oven' sort of bother. Something a bit more serious: fraud and con artists. And
Dixie A. Link
rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2020
Carol Gorslin
Sep 13, 2019

• Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • Don't Lie to Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #1)
  • The Girl in Cabin 13 (Emma Griffin FBI Mystery, #1)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Bones (Irene Kelly, #7)
  • Blackthorn Manor Haunting (Addison Lockhart, #3)
  • Little Girls Sleeping (Detective Katie Scott, #1)
  • One Last Child (Tallman's Valley Detectives #1)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • The Water Rat of Wanchai (Ava Lee, #1)
  • Dark Pursuit (Emily Stone, #5)
  • Scene of the Crime (Chip Palmer Forensic Mystery, #2)
  • Maggie's Way (Montana Bound, #1)
  • The Ghost and the Halloween Haunt (Haunting Danielle Book 22)
  • A Deadly Web (Bishop Files, #2)
  • The Red Pole of Macau (Ava Lee, #4)
  • The Wild Beasts of Wuhan (Ava Lee, #3)
  • An Accidental Spy (The Accidental Spy Series #1)
I love writing page-turners--both fiction and non-fiction. And I love helping others to do the same, living into their dreams of writing books. I believe my success comes down to a respect for my readers. I know I am easily bored, so I work hard to engage and inspire my readers.

I got my start as a writer in the most unlikely place--a town of 200 people in the mountains of North Carolina. But livin

News & Interviews