Start by marking “Lady Gone Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lady Gone Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #2)

Lady Gone Wicked

(Wicked Secrets #2)

Nicholas Eastwood is finally about to get everything he ever wanted. As a reward for his service to the Crown, he has been offered the title of marquess. All he has to do is stay scandal-free until the papers are signed. There’s just one problem: His ex-lover, presumed dead, is remarkably alive.

Adelaide Bursnell is determined to right her wrongs. She will be a dutiful dau
ebook, 1st Edition, 225 pages
Published February 26th 2018 by Entangled: Scandalous (first published February 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Gone Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Gone Wicked

Ana
Overall, this was a nice read, but the heroine's guilt over feeling lust felt a little excessive and that made the ending a little unsatisfying.
Krystal
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this is considered book #2, you do not have to read the first in order to understand and enjoy this one. Yes, this story does feature characters we first meet in Twice as Wicked, but that is all. This book stands alone on its own.

I have to say I enjoyed this story, even if the "man has feelings for woman, but will set them aside to help her find a better man" story-line has become one of the most popular in this genre. I feel like given the past history between these two gave them anot
Jas
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was even better than the first in the series. The characters were interesting. I really felt for Nicholas and was infuriated t that everyone tried to downplay the lifelong hurt he felt after being tossed aside by his family. Plus how do you not love a heroine who tries to hide and read in the middle of a ball? I would have liked more about their initial attraction in the past but I still loved this unusual take on a second chance romance.
Angela
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to the Wicked Secrets series. So, we were all lead to believe that Adelaide might have died but she comes back and needs to become respectable before scandal catches up with her. Nicholas needs to maintain his respectability so he can get his reward from the Crown. I love Ms. Bright’s writing style. It is engaging and funny. Secrets, misunderstandings, and cake fights, this story has it all. Seeing Nicholas try to maintain control over his feelings is the highlight of the story ...more
Brenda
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Janet
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Nicholas Eastwood is finally about to get everything he ever wanted. As a reward for his service to the Crown, he has been offered the title of marquis. All he has to do is stay scandal-free until the papers are signed. There’s just one problem: His ex-lover, presumed dead, is remarkably alive.
Adelaide Bursnell is determined to right her wrongs. She will be a dutiful daughter and loving sister. Most importantly, she must marry before her scandal catches up to her. Nicholas was once her
Jenea
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Gone Wicked is the second book in the Wicked Secrets series. The first book introduces some of the characters you’ll meet in this one, but it isn’t necessary to have read to read this installment. Of course, I would definitely say read it, Alice and Nathaniels’ story is a great one!

Adelaide Bursnell was believed to have died during childbirth as well as the child. Her family mourned her, her sister Alice set out to avenge the wrongs done to her sister. Now that Adelaide has came back out of
Candy Briggs
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miss Adelaide Bursnell is a twin, she fell in love with Nick, and had a baby. She was sent to a convent to have her baby. Nicholas Eastwood was a twin also, but he was a spy and soldier for the crown. Adelaide was thought dead for a year and half, until she went to see her sister and she was visiting her fiancé. Nick had gotten Adelaide pregnant over two years ago.
I believe this is a unique kind of story. How often do you read about a spy, the spy does not spy any more. Meets the girl, he ruine
Isha Coleman
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be careful what you wish for, because it may come back at bite you in the end. Maybe someone should have warned Nicholas and Adelaide before their scandal began. Both have tragic pasts. Each has so much love to give but doesn't think they deserve to receive it. Victims of circumstance. Can two disillusioned hearts turn heartache into happily ever after? Amidst the scandal, betrayal, pain and darkness, lies a haunting tale of courage, hope and redemption. Unforgettable in every way.
wonderfullyweird88
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
My Rating: 3.5 stars

I have not read the previous entry in the series, but this is not a problem for me as the author has crafted a story that stands perfectly well on its own.

Nicholas Eastwood is the black sheep of the family. Thanks to his heroism in war, he is to be rewarded with a title that surpasses that of his father and older brother. All he must do is remain scandal-free while the House o
Karen Waller
Interesting, well written story. It did have a few places that the story dragged on. These story fillers could have easily been omitted. Over all good read #NetGalley #LadyGoneWicked
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
I received this ARC from NetGalley and voluntarily chose to write a review.

Objectively speaking, this was a decent book, worthy of at least 3 stars. However, from a personal point of view, this book was extremely disappointing, especially since I loved the first book in the series. It's really hard to root for a love story between two characters who are absolutely unbearable. Mix that with a trope that I absolutely despise, the *drum roll* (view spoiler), and
Bec

Nicholas Eastwood can't believe that Adelaide Burnsell is alive. Clearly, her death was a rumor to make sure their shared past remain buried, but now she needs his help in order to avoid a scandal. Will Nicholas be able to convince Adelaide to take another chance on him, or will she walk away from her chance at happy ever after?

Having loved the first book of this series, I couldn't wait to read more about Nicholas, especially because of how tense things still are between Nicholas and his family.
Lauren
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, romance
Last fall I had the pleasure of reading an early copy of Twice as Wicked, the standalone "prequel" to Lady Gone Wicked. While Twice as Wicked primarily focused on the blossoming relationship between Alice and Nathaniel, it also introduced the tumultuous, scandalous love affair between Alice and Nathaniel's respective twins - Adelaide and Nicholas. Therefore, when I caught wind that Lady Gone Wicked would focus on them, I couldn't wait to dive in. I hoped a happy ending was in store!

The result?
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

If there is one thing I’ve learned about secrets over a lifetime, it’s that they very rarely remain secret. Adelaide was learning this lesson first hand. She’d given her heart, and more to the one man she believed would never let her down… until he did. Nicholas also knows the harm that secrets can bring to a life, most directly to his. After all, he’s made a career of secrets… learning others and keeping his own close to his heart. He’d loved one lovely lady and once
Debra Martin
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miss Adelaide Bursnell has a big problem. She was sent away to France in shame to give birth to her child, fathered by Nicholas Eastwood. A torrid love affair with the soldier/spy left Adelaide with child and alone, but everyone thinks she died in childbirth. Nick never received her letter telling him of her condition and he believed her dead as well until he meets her outside his family home, a family who sent him away when he was 12 years old for pushing his twin brother and heir out of a tree ...more
Julie
Although this is considered book #2, in the series, you don’t have to read the first.
It does feature characters from the first book “Twice as Wicked” but it doesn’t really detract from the book.

Nicholas is a spy and soldier for the crown. But he’s a rogue and the black sheep of the family. And he’s finally come good, if he can stay out of trouble he will be given the title of “Marquess” and he will be able to hold his head up high in society again, but there is trouble coming round the corner..
Fizza
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It's such an interesting story about two people who love each other, but have no idea how to show it. So, they just end up hurting each other, and themselves, in the process. However, there may be a way for them to be happy even if they can't be together.....

Adelaide was betrayed once and now she cannot trust Nick. Although, she is in need of his assistance so she will accept that much from him. It's not that she has forgotten about what happened between them, it's just that there is
Lux Lewis
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two set of twins, falling in love. Second chance in love. Secret baby. Revenge. I could name various tropes to fit this narrative.

Nicholas and Nathaniel Eastwood have parents whose paranoia of fratricide made them banish Nick from their home when he was 12. Their family history is steeped with the infernal crime and wouldn't want history repeating itself, thus the banishment of the spare to save the heir.

Nick has rendered his services to the Crown and has been offered the title of marquess as h
Lesley
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I made a huge mistake in starting to read this book prior to going to sleep. I intended to only read a chapter or two and ended up finishing it at 4am! Nicholas Eastwood, rejected and abandoned by his family when he was twelve, has a need to be loved but doesn’t believe that true love exists. His experience leads him to believe that love can easily die. Adelaide on the other hand has a heart as big as the ocean but knows the shame of being a ‘fallen’ woman due to believing her seducer loved and ...more
Deb Diem
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Gone Wicked is my first book by Elizabeth Bright, but won't be my last. Ms. Bright has given us a book that is well-written. Her characters are phenomenal. Nick was thrown away by his family at the age of 12. He has earned his way in the world and is now awaiting a title. Adelaide is an unwed mother, sent to a convent when her parents discovered she was pregnant. Adelaide and Nick's story is loaded with drama, secrets and sizzle. I enjoyed reading Lady Gone Wicked and look forward to readin ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Lady Gone Wicked by Elizabeth Bright is book two in the "Wicked Secrets" Series. This is the story of Nicholas Eastwood and Adelaide Bursnell. I have read the previous book but this is easily a standalone book.
Nicholas is ready to get his reward for helping the Crown he just needs to maintain a scandal free existence until the deal is set. But then Adelaide comes forward who was thought to have past but now is here. They were once very close but now Nicholas has offered to help her find a husba
Hailey Grant
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I *hate* the secret baby trope. Hate. It. And I'm still giving this 5 stars.

I don't even know where to start with this. The scenes between Adelaide and her father broke my heart. I loved the complicated, deep bond between Adelaide and her sister Alice. The epilogue wrecked me in the best possible way. I keep re-reading it, and then going back to the scene where Nick talks to his dad, and then I cry happy tears.

And then there's Adelaide. Somehow the author pulled off a sex-positive book with a no
Amanda
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This showed up on my kindle at midnight and the first thing I saw was the Mary Oliver quote. "Oh, I'll just read a chapter," I thought to myself. Hahaha, no. I stayed up until 3 am and read the whole thing. I couldn't put it down! This series gets better and better.

Lady Gone Wicked isn't quite as lighthearted as the first book in the series. The humor is still there, but there are scenes that are absolutely heartwrenching. If you like Tessa Dare and Sarah MacLean, you'll probably like Elizabeth
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable read! I didn't read the first one and you definitely don't need to, but I think it would have enriched this book a little more. This story is well written and flows good. Nick and Adelaide had really good chemistry. They were a little maddening at times, but I think that just made me want to read the story more. I could have used a little more detail at the end, but the epilogue was great. Overall, an entertaining read with a little bit of steam.

ARC provided by NetGalley.
Cheryl
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are quite a number of secrets that both Adelaide and Nicholas have in this story. They obviously have an attraction for each other but are held back by their secrets and the feeling of being unworthy. There is also the connections with their families and the interaction between them all. This was an entertaining read, as the secrets slowly unfold throughout the story.
I received a copy and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Cheryl
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maria Dariotis
Wow!!! What a delightful read, secrets, betrayals and passion! I loved loved Nicholas and Adelaide their story is one of betrayal in love, and feelings of unworthiness. Emotions will leave you reading well into the night turning the pages for their HEA.
Stephanie
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No, I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying. OMG, that epilogue! Highly emotional, which I wasn't expecting after the first book in the series, which is a lot lighter than this one. I can't wait for the next in the series!

Wicked Secrets (3 books)
  • Twice as Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #1)
  • Wicked with the Scoundrel (Wicked Secrets, #3)