Start by marking “Two Can Keep a Secret” as Want to Read:
Two Can Keep a Secret

Two Can Keep a Secret

Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery's never been there, but she's heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows.

The town is picture-perfect, but it's hiding secrets. And before school even
Expected publication: January 8th 2019 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Two Can Keep a Secret, please sign up.
Emery nah, just similar themes i suppose. also the theme song is based upon the quote about two keeping a secret if one is dead. but i agree it sounds…morenah, just similar themes i suppose. also the theme song is based upon the quote about two keeping a secret if one is dead. but i agree it sounds similar but knowing how one of us is lying took ideas from the breakfast club and gossip girl but stayed original i'm sure this will too!(less)
King of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Wicked King by Holly BlackDescendant of the Crane by Joan HeChildren of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi AdeyemiTwo Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus
YA Novels of 2019
690 books — 621 voters
King of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Wicked King by Holly BlackA Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid KemmererThe Seduction Expert by Saya Lopez OrtegaThe Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Best Books 2019
453 books — 338 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen McManus
Apr 16, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Can confirm that this book does, in fact, exist.
Chelsea Humphrey
Jun 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Chelsea by: Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Raise your hand if you need this right now. 🙋
شيماء ✨
ok but can they keep it as faithfully as the whole state of Tennessee when Hannah Montana told them she was actually Miley Stewart and they told her sure we’re keeping your secret and the secret never got out? Doubtful
Sabaa Tahir
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD OMG. My review would just be endless fangirling, so I'll keep it short and say that Karen McManus is a plot twist genius and you must read this one.
Gwen
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here's the thing: I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of YA thrillers as an overall genre, but there's something about Karen McManus's work that pulls me in and keeps me frantically flipping pages until the end. Definitely part of it is the characters, who are given just as much weight as the plot. But there's also how the overall tone strikes an uncanny balance between dark and light, seriousness and levity, respect and irreverence, that is so exactly the teenage way.

Also: while I loved Ellery
chandler ainsley ❁
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
but will this one not use mental health as a plot twist? stay tuned
Abbey
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
We have a cover and it's so pretty!! It's going to look so nice next to my copy of One of Us is Lying!

Also, the date moved up from February to January yasss! 🙌🏻
Andrew
Jun 14, 2018 marked it as not-out-yet
this is a gorgeous cover
Gaia
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***INCOHERENT FLAILING***
Jamie
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
McManus does it again! Certainly no sophomore slump with Two Can Keep a Secret! I absolutely loved this story of a town with dark secrets that are seemingly resurfacing again. Twins Ezra and Ellery are staying with their Nana while their mother is doing a stint in rehab - however, they don’t know much about their mother’s hometown, where her twin sister was killed years before and when they move to the town and hear of other murders, they start asking questions, but what happens when they hear t ...more
emi
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
I didn't know this was going to be a thing until now but yes please
Laura Kendrick
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars on the cover alone <3
Tina Christopher
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, suspense, ya
Wow! Tight writing, intriguing characters, and so many plot twists you end up a pretzel at the end of the book. Compelling and at times reminding me of Scream this was a fabulous read.
And that last line will haunt you for ages.
Cassie
Jun 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
I NEED this right now! One of Us Is Lying was one of my favorite books of 2017 and now we get to kick off 2019 with this devilishly delightful sounding book.

Caleb Roehrig
SO GOOD. I read so many thrillers that it’s rare I find one that really keeps me guessing, but this one did. Emery and Malcolm are great characters, the mystery is layered and compelling, and the suspense only goes up and up and up.
Solana
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought that with 3 separate murders/disappearances introduced in the first 2 chapters it would be too much story for the length of the book, I was wrong.

I'm pretty sure I suspected everyone at least once throughout the book and I was still guessing until pretty much the very end.

Another excellent read from the author of One of Us Is Lying.
Tasha Louise
Jun 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
Really looking forward to reading this, absolutely loved One Of Us Is Lying
Kathryn G.
Jul 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
I wanna read this book so hard!! I LOVED One Of Us Is Lying and I can't wait to see what else this author can do!! Is it January yet?!
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019
I hated One of Us is Lying but I want to give the author another chance. Not that many YA mystery/thriller authors out there and it was her debut. We shall see.
Lauren
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I never thought I’d like this book more than ONE OF US LYING but I did!
Julie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Karen McManus's books because they ALWAYS KEEP ME GUESSING. My brain was constantly churning as I flew through the pages, coming up with theories and potential suspects. I did guess the suspect about halfway through and was so proud of myself when I found out I was right! This is an engrossing, fast-paced, twisty-turny read that is quickly becoming a hallmark for Karen's work, and I am so here for it!
Annie
Jun 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
if one of them is dead
Daniel
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Super fun, albeit predictable, and easily munched up in one sitting (it just took me three hours). Reminded me of those trashy teen murder mysteries I loved in the 90s.
Jonne
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
If one of them is dead ;)
De Wey (KingofSeelieCourt)
Hi, I need this in my life btw.
I think I enjoyed this book more than One Of Us Is Lying, which I didn’t think was possible! McManus kept me guessing until quite literally the last page, and her settings/characters are always really well done and so absorbing. I can’t wait for the next one!
Nikola
Jun 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
by The Pierces
Outlandish
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not actually a fan of Riverdale's but it's a Karen M. McManus book so YEAH!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!! *SCREAMS*
Amy
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Many thanks to NetGalley and the Publisher for providing me with an eARC of this title for review. All opinions are my own.

Holy cats, was this a good one. All the stars to this fast-paced mystery/thriller (almost slasher flick-feeling) roller coaster of a book. I picked this up because I wanted to see what McManus would do after her debut One of Us Is Lying , which is a good book on its own, but in my opinion, this is where she has really started to shine as an author. The story is tightly packe
Ellimai
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-release
yayyy omg I loved One of Us is Lying I cant wait for this!!!
Hi, and thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page! I don't visit this site often, so the best way to reach me is via my website at www.karenmcmanus.com, or on Twitter, where I'm @writerkmc.

------

Karen M. McManus is the New York Times bestselling author of the young adult thriller One of Us Is Lying, which has been translated into 38 languages worldwide. Her second book, Two Can Keep a Secret, will