Start by marking “Whiskey & You (Kings of Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiskey & You (Kings of Texas, #1)

Whiskey & You (Kings of Texas #1)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  322 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
Whiskey and You
Sometimes it’s the hero who ends up needing a lifeline…

Jack Jarvis York is a ruthless and vindictive oil tycoon who knows no boundaries when he’s been double-crossed. Debtors beware. He’ll slit your throat for a nickel. And make no mistake, he will collect.

You never screw with a man’s pride, money, or oil. It’s Texas Law. Unwritten, yet gospel. They don’t ca
248 pages
Published March 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Whiskey & You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whiskey & You

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

🥃WHISKEY & YOU 🥃 Is a full length Contemporary Romance/Dark read by H.J. Bellus. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ In this we meet Jack and Navy

PAST: Jack Jarvis York knows more than anyone else what it was like to be raised dirt poor, moving from run down hotel to hotel his mother barely having two pennies to rub together he knew what it was like to go to bed on an empty stomach. It’s not until a kindly man takes pity
Leonor
You know when you had just finished reading an awesome book and you think you may have found another one but the reality comes crashing down HARD? Well that just happened to me. I was high on my happiness after reading about an amazing hero when I crashed down so hard that my butt hurt!

Safety gang gals, this book it's not for us!
the spoiler a bit graphic.. Don't click the spoiler tag if you don't want to know.

(view spoiler)
Rejane
EWWWW.. que nojo.
Every day I notice that it can get worse. This, described in Leonor’s review, it’s just sickening.
And it’s romance. Who knew??😒

#Free in #KindleUnlimited

#TheKingsOfTexas Series
[image error]
PointedlyBlunt
Promiscuously cruel “cowboy” hero that tortures the heroine by sleeping with OW.

Nope.

Never gonna happen.

*Do people actually find men like that attractive? ‘Cause I don’t get it.*
Kimberly
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A total emotional read by Bellus. This one really takes the cake! It is packed full of heat , solid emotions and suspense that will leave you clutching your kindle waiting to see what is next! I loved Navy and J.J., The love they have is simply off the charts. Deep emotional scars and healing at its finest. Loved every single page! Anoth must read by HJ Bellus! “I like the taste of whiskey on your lips. It feels like home.”- Navy to J.J
Kylee
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just like the first sip of whiskey there is that familiar burn that you crave and brings you to life,then it turns to heat that warms you from the top of your head to the tip of your toes as it flows through your body, this is how this story made me feel. Whiskey and You is slightly different from what we have seen from HJ Bellus but believe me this book shows us just how talented this author is. Theirs is not a conventional love story so don't think hearts and flowers think pain and despair. JJ ...more
Tammi
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I swear every book I read by this author is better than the last. This book broke my heart! It was reminiscent of the old tv show Dallas and I was a huge fan.
JJ had a sad upbringing but a stepfather came into his life and showed him how to be a man. And he turned out to be one hell of a man!!!
Navy was living a horrific life, the stuff that nightmares are made of but JJ came into her life and helped her become strong and feel loved.
Then you have little Belle her interactions with everyone in th
Iwona
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book emotionally broke me!! I was captivated from the beginning. HJ Bellus has wrote a story that put me on a emotional roller coaster. My heart broke, my soul ached but the sun found moments of joy and laughter. It was amazing. I couldn’t put it down. Navy’s story took me for a heart wrenching ride. Hearing what she went through. Ugh.. Going from a beaten and broken spirt to the girl who lives was amazing. JJ had his own battered life he went through. Helping Navy comes second nature for h ...more
Krystle
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have no words. This book destroyed me. I truly don't remember crying so much over a book and then smiling.
Bellus weaves a heartbreaking story, that has parts that are hard to read. She paints such a vivid picture of these characters lives, that your heart breaks for them. You won't be able to express all the emotions that this book makes you feel.

Now, onto the story.......
J.J. is a fixer, a saver, a millionaire maker, and is still a broken little boy looking for someone or something to crumbl
Siobhan
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t quite sure what I had been expecting from Whiskey & You, but whatever ideas I had in my mind were nothing close to the story H.J. Bellus delivered.

I will be completely honest, I was a little bit unsure about this one during the first couple of chapters. I wasn’t crazy about our male lead, and I was waiting for the good stuff to kick in. A handful of chapters in, however, things picked up and refused to let up. Before I knew what was happening, I was addicted to this one, turning pag
Evan
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phew....where do I even start. I'm keeping this vague because you need to experience this for yourself. I loved this book. It's raw, brutal, and it'll tug at your heartstrings and have you cheering for JJ and Navy's happy ending.
Watching these two characters change, and grow, all for the better is quite the journey. Sometimes I wanted to throat punch JJ, and shake Navy, but when you know what they've both gone through you can understand how they became the people they were when we first me them
Mandy Fellows
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To say I loved this book is an understatement. I started it late at night and got about 4 chapters in and had to go to bed. This damn book kept me up thinking about what was going to happen. Woke up at 3:00 in the morning and had to finish it. It has been a long time since a book has sucked me into every character so deeply. Momma Faye is the best. I'm gonna start using a wooden spoon. Sooo looking forward to what's going to happen to the Kings of Texas next!!
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow,a read I definitely was not expecting! I was engrossed from start to end. This was a very emotional read...one that you will definitely not forget and linger with you after reading(in a good way)
Michelle
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arc
This book is NOT for the faint of heart. It is hardcore, in your face, one of the most emotional reads HJ Bellus has ever written. There is so much pain and anguish and love. My heart is sad to know this storyline truly does exist in our world today, and HJ does a great job on giving us a little hope and a HEA for at least one life out there. My favorite line is : “You’re becoming my silence.”
Samantha Payne
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I have read a story about a Cowboy 🤠 and have enjoyed it. But just a heads up this book is not for the faint hearted, it has moments in it that will have you breaking with the characters.

‘Whiskey & You’ is a beautiful story that is filled with many emotions, grief, heartache, sadness, fear, but also love and happiness. J.J and Navy’s story will have you ripping your heart out from the pain and suffering to wanting it back in so you can enjoy the happiness with them.
Kelly Stripling-stephens
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HJ Bellus is going to have to stop writing for a while. I don’t think my heart can take another book of hers.

Who am I kidding??!! I need more now!

Whiskey & You is a beautiful love story filled with grief, sadness, hurt and so much heartache. Navy’s story was difficult to hear, but her transformation with the patience and love from JJ was absolute perfection.

Throw in Faye and Kemp and once again, HJB has written a book with characters you feel like are family and you want to know everything
Lucky
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome but just a heads up it is not for everybody in the universe.

Whiskey and you is an amazing read filled with a roller coaster of emotions, Navy's story was bloody heartbreaking and will really be difficult for others to read, so guys make sure you have your tissues close and at the ready just letting you know. Bellus, JJ was amazing, he is a ruthless oil tycoon who crosses lines all the time when he is being double-crossed. He is a mean man with an endless wild streak who wil
Penny Layne
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
JJ York is a man whose life started out rough. But he grew into a man who knew what he wanted and took it; at all costs!
When he bumps into a rival and his wife, JJ decides this man will pay.
Navy is Jordan's wife, but when he throws her over to JJ to pay off a debt, she swears her life is over. A scared, shell of a woman, it takes Navy a lot of convincing from JJ and those he surrounds himself with that she is safe with him.
When Jordan said he would come back for Navy, he wasn't exaggerating...h
Konny
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whiskey & You gutted me. HJ Bellus is one of my favorite authors and every time she releases a new book, Im giddy.
After The Flight of Hope I had high expectations on Whiskey & You. And I was not disappointed.
Meet Jack Jarvis York. Hes a ruthless oil tycoon, a selfmade man, rough around the edges and called The King of Texas.
Hes in-famous for colecting his debts, every time and every where. What starts off as a trade-off between two bitter men turns into life threatening disaster. JJ take
Tiblu
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J.j. Isn't as bad as I thought....

I was turned off by j.j. From the get go,the sex scene in the office and the f/f turned my stomach but I thought that’s ok,it won’t be like that once the heroine gets in the picture ....
I know this ain’t no Disney movie and that’s f I n e with me,but one of my rules for a book is once the H finds his h and starts to crave her,unless it’s just about literally life and death he.doesn’t.cheat....
And to me it’s cheating when he crawls out of bed w/the h after soothi
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Well...HJ Bellus just made my Heart Beat a little too fast while reading Whiskey & You!!
Then she makes it want to Stop all together.
There will be some Swooning but ohhh she isn't done there,
she will make you feel like you are going to have a Heart Attack. lmao

Soo yess, this book will give you all the feels and lord have mercy, I think she loves ripping your heart out, stomping on it and then slowly starts to help your poor Heart start Beating all over again!! lol

Sooo when you first meet J.J
Denise Van plew
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually so far what I have read from this author loved because it consumed me. This I thought for sure would do it too. When I opened it and started with J.J. I was going slow in it. I was starting to not be too sure because it was not starting out that I liked him too much. When Navy comes into the picture I keep going to see because I have a feeling this author is being sneaky with us readers. As the story keeps going I am now in it for her I want to see her story with all the nooks and cran ...more
Tara -Sexy Book Divas
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I like the taste of whiskey on your lips. It feels like home.”

A total emotional read. This book is packed full of heart, emotions, and suspense; all of this will have you hooked from the start. You will be guessing to see what happens next and you’ll be surprised.

J.J York isn’t who you think he is. Yeah he’s a billionaire cowboy who drinks whiskey. But he’s more then that. He’s got a heart but doesn’t like to show it.

Navy is wife of a Mexican cartel. But she is given to JJ as payment..so we t
Katie Stern
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone loves a cowboy. But what if this cowboy isn't your typical cowboy? JJ York is a cowboy billionaire that you don't want to cross. Growing up not knowing when or if he would eat again, to being rich and having more power than most could ever dream JJ is a force to reckon with. But every thing that goes up must come down. And in JJ's case learning to love could be what brings this larger than life cowboy to his knees.

Navy is a broken sparrow who is lost in a world of demons and pain. Until
Heather andrews
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will start out by saying that the blurb made me nervous I kept going back and forth do I want to read this? Can I give this book a chance?And I realized that Heidi doesn't really lead us astray when she writes, so I gave it a chance and in the first couple of chapters I've realized I fell in love with these boys, they surprise you and aren't what I was thinking at all. I just instantly fell in love with J.J the actions he goes through are ones to protect those he cares about and I loved that n ...more
Ali Crawley
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say this is a book hangover waiting to happen. I was going to start it the night I received it but decided to wait until morning and thank goodness because I read it in one day. Such a heart wrenching yet heart warming story of strength, survival, love and self sacrifice that I'm still thinking of JJ and Navy and wishing I could live in their world just a bit longer. Can't wait for the next Kings of Texas story!!
Kimberly
Mar 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/