Start by marking “A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)

A Merciful Secret

(Mercy Kilpatrick #3)

A pair of ritual murders could expose Mercy Kilpatrick to something terrifying: her own past...

Raised off the grid by survivalists, Mercy Kilpatrick believed in no greater safeguard than the backwoods of Oregon. Unforgiven by her father for abandoning the fold for the FBI, Mercy still holds to her past convictions. They're in her blood. They're her secrets - as guarded as
Audible Audio
Published January 16th 2018 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about A Merciful Secret, please sign up.
Jon I would recommend reading them in order. Each book is good on it's own, but the author refers to events from the other books often enough to spoil the…moreI would recommend reading them in order. Each book is good on it's own, but the author refers to events from the other books often enough to spoil the other books if you haven't read them. It also will help you understand many of the personal relationships in the book that aren't given as much introduction in this book as they would be if the reader is not expected to have read the first books. You wouldn't be lost though. (less)

Liz
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I’m becoming a bit of a Goldilocks with audiobooks. And the formula that’s just right for me involves a steady pace and a straight forward plot. This series fits the bill, although this book was not as strong as the prior two. While I really enjoy Mercy and Truman and it warms my heart to see their developing relationship, I felt there was too much of their looking longingly at each other. It detracted from the story and made me wonder if I was listening to a romance novel or a mystery.

The plot
Maureen Carden
You can take the girl out of the family circle but you can’t take the prepper out of the girl. Mercy Kilpartrick is an FBI agent who has a hidden cabin in the woods and is a secret prepper. On the way back from a late night visit to her cabin she almost runs over a child desperately seeking help for her dying grandmother.
Morrigan Sabin’s grandmother, Olivia, isn’t just dying, she has been slashed to death and Morrigan has been alone with her. Her mother, Salome, left before the crime and Morriga
Linda Strong

FBI Agent Mercy Kilpatrick is not only a dedicated agent, she is also a 'prepper' ... a person who believes a catastrophic disaster or emergency is likely to occur in the future and makes active preparations for it, typically by stockpiling food, ammunition, and other supplies. Raised off the grid by her survivalist parents, this way of living is something very normal for her.

She has a cabin deep in the woods where she goes every chance she gets. It's in these woods where a young girl hails her
Tulay
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story.

Author created characters we care great deal what happens to them and that makes us read this series. Knifed and killed two completely different people. Mercy and her boyfriend police chief Truman, finds many family secrets.
Anita
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is a really, really great mystery. It has a lot of layers and a lot of secrets to uncover to get to the baddie. Just a great old school mystery. Sorry you romance fans, the romance that is here is the cozy variety, but the mystery is off the charts good.

Mercy is flagged down in the middle of the night, near her hidden, prepper, mountain cabin, by a young girl whose grandmo
"Avonna
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MERCIFUL SECRET (Mercy Kilpatrick #3) by Kendra Elliot returns you to Mercy Kilpatrick’s world of rural central Oregon. This series gives you intriguing mystery/suspense plots and a view into the world of preppers, survivalists and anti-government sovereign citizens.

FBI Special Agent Mercy Kilpatrick is surprised at night on a rural road close to her hidden cabin by a young girl who flags her down from the side of the road. Mercy is led through the woods to a cabin where the girl’s grandmother
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I really loved this series when it first came out in 2017; giving A Merciful Death (book #1) 4 stars and A Merciful Truth (book #2) 5 stars. I'm also a big fan of Kendra Elliott and I've enjoyed a number of her books.

With that said, this book just didn't work for me as well as the first two in the series. I was actually hugely disappointed. Most of the disappointment is due to personal preferences. I don't like 1st POV and I don't like hopping POVs. These personal preferences definitely impacted
kimbacaffeinate
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying this series from the rural setting, to tidbits about preppers included in these suspenseful and deadly cases. As Mercy is returning from her cabin in the wood, a young girl jumps out in front of her car. She lives in a remote wood cabin with her grandmother and mother. The mother isn't home, but the little girl's grandmother dies as Mercy tries to aid her. The killer in a rage slashed the poor woman with a blade. When a similar murder occurs the FBI steps in.

This was a fanta
♥Rachel♥
I'm addicted to this series! I can't wait to start the next book! Review, maybe.
Kara
DNF.
Not interested in reading about the H having wanted to screw OW in this story in the past.
It could easily have been any other male character in the series who had a past with Salome, but it ruins Truman for me to read about him lusting over OW, even if it was forever ago.
Melanie
4.5 Stars!

A Merciful Secret is even more action-packed and exciting than the first two books in the series with an intriguing case for Mercy and some great development for the characters.

Mercy Kilpatrick was raised in the backwoods of Oregon by a family who believed in being prepared for the end of the world. Now an FBI agent, Mercy still believes in being prepared but hasn't held on to her father's distrust of government agencies. Late one night after leaving her hidden cabin in the woods, Merc
Kathy Martin
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercy Kilpatrick is on her way back from checking on her wilderness cabin when she almost runs down a girl. Morrigan is desperately searching for someone to help her grandmother. When Mercy gets to their isolated home, she find the grandmother dying after a brutal knife attack. Being out of cellphone range she takes Morrigan and drives to somewhere she can get reception before going back and waiting for the police. Morrigan's mother Salome is away from home and can't be contacted.

Meanwhile, boy
Jean
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to the series! This is the 3rd book in the Mercy Kilpatrick series but it can also be read as a stand-alone.

Mercy Kilpatrick is an FBI agent trying to repair the damage with her estranged family. Raised within a family of preppers, she has a soul-deep need to always be prepared in case of TEOTWAWKI, the end of the world as we know it. She has a secret cabin where she goes to stock supplies for an emergency. On her drive back home from the cabin, she almost hits a young gi
Luli
You can find this review in English below.

**Esta reseña es de una ARC recibida gratuitamente y sólo refleja mi opinión personal sobre la historia.**

Esta es la tercera entrega de la serie y es necesario leer las anteriores para disfrutar completamente de la historia. Aunque el suspense es independiente en cada una, las relaciones entre los personajes son una continuación de los libros anteriores.

Fantástico suspense, sutil romance y el siempre omnipresente drama familiar, aunque en esta entrega, t
Debby "Piene Raven"
Total fan of Kendra Elliot and finishing up this series is going to be great. This was a really, really good mystery thriller with a bit of romance mixed in. It has its share of secrets, twists and turns and as mentioned quite a bit of mystery that keeps you listening/turning the page to the end.

Mercy is flagged down in the middle of the night by a young girl to a mountain cabin where her grandmother lay dying. The woman eventually dies and Mercy is determined to bring the woman's killer to just
Dawn
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Mercy Kilpatrick book but I'm so hooked. I cannot wait to go back and read the first two books.

A crazy web of secrets and pain and death. This book is both three tragic ending of lives and relationships and the beginnings of new ones.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Sophia
A third installment in a series to which, frankly, I'm addicted, brings Mercy and Truman into contact with a gruesome pair of murders that get them tangled up with modern-day witchcraft. The case nudges Mercy a little bit further along the path toward Truman who is trying to be patient as she works through her fears. I clicked on the audio and settled in for yet another story to have me holding my breath and working out the case right alongside a wonderful group of characters.

A Merciful Secret i
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Well, better than I anticipated. And better plot wise than the books before. The villain was slightly predictable. I’d excluded that person for that simple fact. But hey, I was wrong which is a good thing. I enjoyed it for the most part. And now I’m really interested in seeing where things go.
Rabid Reader
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thrilling start to this story sets the stage beautifully for the rest of the exciting, suspenseful tale. When two seemingly unrelated victims are killed in a similar manner, Mercy and Truman find themselves drawn into the hunt for their cruel murderer. With hints of the supernatural, this tension filled story will defiantly keep you guessing. It has lots of breath holding, on the edge of your seat moments, great twists and plenty of action. It is my favourite of the Mercy Kilpatrick books so ...more
Caitlyn Lynch
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercy Kilpatrick is no ordinary FBI agent. Raised by a family of doomsday preppers, her life's philosophy boils down to Be Prepared… for anything.

So when a terrified young girl stops her car on a deserted road through deep forests in the middle of the night, Mercy reacts a lot better than most in the situation would. At least, until the child leads her to an isolated cabin where an old woman is bleeding to death from multiple stab wounds.

Soon, Mercy is embroiled in a tangled web of murders, tryi
Book Him Danno
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Merciful Secret is a must read book for everyone who has read one story by Kendra Elliot.

This is the 3rd book in the series and readers can start with book 1 or book 3 either way the author is able to pull readers in and covers the last two book quickly without taking away from the current story.

A Merciful Secret is well paced story that is told from different points of view each one building hooking readers in keeping them wanting to know all the secrets everyone is hiding.

Kendra Elliot does
Diane
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being a "prepper" means you have to be ready for anything and everything - including witches?

Another great read by Kendra Elliot. Mercy is opening up more to her boyfriend the sheriff and to her niece that is living with her - she would do anything to protect them!

While Mercy is heading up to her secluded hideaway, a young girl comes running out of the woods, she's covered in blood, but not her own. It's her grandmother's blood and the wounds are nasty!

I don't want to give out too much about the
Pamela Shropshire
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is only getting better. I originally was intrigued by the premise - Mercy Kilpatrick, daughter of a family of preppers, leaving home at 18 and eventually becoming an FBI agent. Bet that doesn’t happen much IRL, right? But the crime/mystery portions are surprisingly good, and I’m very much enjoying the growing romance between Mercy and Eagle’s Nest hottie Police Chief Truman Daly.

Patrizia
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Come mi piace questa serie! Amo come prosegue la storia fra Mercy e Truman e non vedo l'ora di leggere altro.
Ben costruita anche la parte mystery di questo libro, dove hanno un ruolo non secondario anche personaggi di altre serie dell'autrice, tanto che vorrei leggere anche le loro storie.
Melissa Borsey
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series featuring Mercy Kilpatrick, an FBI agent who owns a cabin that she maintains as a place she can live in and be prepared for any disaster thst may occur. On the way back into town from her cabin a little girl runs in front of Mercy's truck and leads her back to her home in the woods where her grandmother lays dying from knife wounds. With the help of her boyfriend, Police Chief Truman Daly, Mercy has vowed to find the murderer and keep this little girl safe! This is a ve ...more
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I was happy to continue the  Mercy Kilpatrick series.  This feels more  crime/ mystery suspense than a romance. There is kissing but the sex is off page. I've enjoyed the world-building of this small town in a rural mountain area with many survivalists. The preppers are fascinating to me and c
Reen
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Book 3 of the Mercy Kilpatrick series and I do recommend reading the books in order. Mercy is on her way back from her wilderness cabin when she almost runs down Morrigan, a bloodied young girl, on the road. The girl is distraught and looking for help for her injured grandmother who is dying from a vicious knife attack. Morrigan's grandmother Olivia, and her mother Salome, are know as backwoods "witches" and many feel there is a supernatural connection to Olivia's death. When another see ...more
marilyn
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the series about Mercy Kilpatrick, a FBI agent, raised by a family of survivalists. I've enjoyed all three Mercy books and look forward to future books about Mercy and Truman. Mercy is involved in the search for the murderer of two very different types of people, while also continuing her prepper lifestyle that must allow for her job as a FBI agent. With the help of her Police Chief boyfriend and two character from books in other series, Mercy must to unravel the myster ...more
Teresa
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! This is the 3rd book in the Mercy Kilpatrick series. Just like all the other books in this series I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! 😁 Being raised off the grid by survivalists has helped Mercy become a better FBI agent. Leaving her cabin one evening Mercy is stopped by a girl who takes her to her grandmother who has sustained several knife wounds. Mercy must find Morrigan's mother and find out who killed her grandmother.
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Black Diamond (Wilds of the Bayou, #2)
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers, #1)
  • Wild Ways (Justiss Alliance, #2)
  • Before the Dawn (Killer Instinct, #2)
  • Quieter Than Killing (DI Marnie Rome, #4)
  • Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
  • Defenseless (Somerton Security, #1)
  • Gone Haunting in Deadwood (Deadwood, #9)
  • Up Close
  • Swan Loch
  • Cut and Run
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 6 million books. Get a free insider's guide to Kendra's books at www.KendraElliot.com.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS: HIDDEN, CHILLED, BURIED,

Mercy Kilpatrick (6 books)
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • A Merciful Silence (Mercy Kilpatrick, #4)
  • A Merciful Fate (Mercy Kilpatrick, #5)
  • A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick, #6)
“Nothing heals a broken heart like an animal.” 0 likes
“The fact that she physically exists outside my body is one of the miracles of motherhood. How can she run and play in my sight when she is part of me? When I feel every heartbeat, every scraped knee, every moment of her joy? She is my daughter and I will protect her with my dying breath. As my mother did for her.” 0 likes