Start by marking “On A Whim (A Novella)” as Want to Read:
On A Whim (A Novella)

On A Whim (A Novella)

I'm in hiding.

As a bestselling BDSM author, I know all too well the danger of letting people get too close.

I've spent my entire life keeping people at arm’s length, until her. Kiki Smith is simply supposed to be my new cover designer, but before I know it, she starts breaking down the walls I've worked so hard to erect.

She's unlike any woman I've ever met and before I’m
Published February 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about On A Whim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On A Whim

Start your review of On A Whim (A Novella)
Christina
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars - 3 Flames

My My My! If you're an avid reader and maybe even stalk, I mean follow, a few Authors, you're going to LOVE this book. This could be a true story for all I know (looks over at the author with a grin - yep, I'm gonna start rumors).

Kiki is a virgin mother. Totally weird, right? Yep, but that's her story to tell you. She's also a very well known book cover graphic designer for authors. Between juggling her career and a five year old daughter, her libido has finally caught up to
Coco.V
Mar 14, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/14/2020)! 🎁
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.
This is a quick little read but packed full of hotness, secrets and some laughter.
Kiki is a graphic designer who designs book covers for authors. she has a great career and a wonder family. However, because of her small family she is guarded, protective, and not willing to put her heart out there again. really she has the greatest friend a girl could want. Chaz is her BFF and he only wants the best for Kiki. He had me cracking up in this story
Bloggers From Down Under
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review *
* Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under *

A HUGE fan of J.M Walker, the excitement when On A Whim fell into my kindle was no surprise.
J.M has never failed in her ability to capture me from the very beginning to end with her words and her novels.
And J.M has done it again.
On A Whim....Guys what can I say other than this was absolutely fantastic.

We meet Kiki.
A single Mum, nearing thirty, independent and very successful, Kiki has everyt
Gayle
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And J.M has done it again.
On A Whim....Guys what can I say other than this was absolutely fantastic.

We meet Kiki.
A single Mum, nearing thirty, independent and very successful, Kiki has everything she could ask for. Working as a graphic designer, designing book covers for authors she's happy. But
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Whew! For such a short read, On A Whim packed a hell of a sexy punch. Bo Layden. B. Vesper. He's both. He's a best-selling BDSM author. He's a cover model. But no one knows he's both, thanks to some stalker fans in his past who harassed him. And he's never been tempted to tell anyone his secret until he meets Kiki, his new cover designer and the woman he's intrigued by before he ever meets her in person.

I loved On A Whim. Kiki and Bo are seriously sexy together from their very first interaction.
Fawn Michaels
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I absolutely loved this story! Author falling in love with his cover designer what more could you want! Oh yeah, hot kinky sex to go along with it! Bo and Kiki are absolutely wonderful. Being new characters in JM's world, they don't disappoint. They are hot, sexy and all the above! This was an amazing story! And I can't wait to read what is in store for us next!

I voluntarily agreed to read this book and this is my honest review!
Erica
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On a Whim may is a quick read with a heat level that's off the charts.
Model/writer meets cover designer and sparks fly.
I love, love, LOVED this novella from beginning to end.
The author packs quite a story into such a small package, I was glued to the pages and wished I had more when I got to the last page!
Fast paced, well written and sexy as hell? Yes please.
Kellie
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 4.5⭐️

I’m not sure I’m a fan of novellas as I don’t feel like we get a whole lot of time to get invested in a storyline and this one just seemed to be about nothing more than sex.

While it was a HOT read, I was left wanting that little bit more. The storyline seemed far too predictable to me but overall I did enjoy the book.
Janneke Wolbers
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not dissapointed

As always JM Walker does not disappoint.
Awesome fast read. Would love to read more about this one.
Hopefully there will be more like these soon
Amber
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
holy hotness, I loves B and Kiki, this was a hot fast paced read that I could not put down!
Jennifer Scarn
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun, light hearted read. Sexy characters with sass and chemistry. Really enjoyed this!!
Kelly Marie
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh holy hotness! Yes please! This is a fun but HAWT read. Kiki is a virgin mother who is a graphic designer. (you’ll have to read the book to find out why *haha*) and she is contacted by B. Vesper to design new covers. She fangirls so hard! While Kiki is working with B’s model, Bo, things start to get flirty and then really hot. Neither of them seem to be able to control themselves but they both have secrets. Some are a little more severe than others. As it is a novella it is a pretty short read ...more
Stephanie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Got to love a story that is based in our beloved book world! This is a story of author and cover artist falling for each other. I loved that we got new characters from JM and I feel in love with them all! If you love JM, this won't disappoint. And if you have yet to read her, get ready to fall in love with her and her writing!
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the authors for an honest review.

Hot little read from one of my favorite erotica authors. JM can do a “quickie” very well. *snickers* She gets you hot and bothered plus actually deliver a fun story to go along.

Kiki is a mother and book
CAW
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, to me its a refreshing new view of romance. The main character is a Romance author who is male and book cover designer who is female. I know there have been many male romance writers but this is the first time I've read a romance about one!

I found the book to be refreshing, entertaining, and as an avid reader of JM Walkers I always love the depths of her characters. Even the side characters grasp my interest and I would love to read more about Kiki's world and friends. J.M. Wa
Penny Layne
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect, sexy quick read

Kiki is a cover designer, a single mom and an almost 30 year old virgin.
Bo is a BDSM author looking to reinvent himself by redoing all of his covers. When he looks for someone new, he stumbles upon Kiki.
Since trust isn't something that comes easily to either one, masks get put on to hide their true selves and their true feelings.
Professionalism is always hard when feelings become involved.
But when those masks need to come off, where does that leave a cover model, an
Lynne Garlick
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yummy!

Another quick HAF read by this author! Bo has had his fingers burned, as an author he has been screwed over by a cover designer and needs a new one.
Kiki's details get emailed to him by a friend and they start chatting via messenger. There appears to be a spark between them and once they actually meet.....Flames!!!
Be still my heart!!
Julia Gerard
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whole lot of HOT in a little book! I loved this story, because it seemed very realistic! Kind of reminds me of a book signing I went to! Kiki and B start out very professional, they just worked well together, then Bo the cover model steps in and the heat turns up! An Amped up quick read you don't want to miss!
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot & sweet!

This is the first book I’ve read by JM Walker and it definitely won’t be the last.
I loved the premise of the book and devoured in a only a few hours.
Kiki & Bo were entertaining. Seeing them meet, flirt, and finally fall in love was awesome!
Elaine
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For a quick read it was hot and sexy as all hell!! JM Walker sure knows what she's doing when it comes to writing this little number.
Indie author falls in love with a cover designer and cover designer falls hard for the indie author what more could you want!
Shari Tomlinson
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much more than 5 stars! Could not stop reading

In true JM Walker fashion she nailed this one! The chemistry between the two was off the charts, surprised my kindle didn't explode. If you enjoyed Torn or Parker Reed series you will love this smoker!
Amanda
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely Steamy!

OMG this is so good! I was addicted from beginning to end. Kiki and Bo are so hot together. The love scenes were very steamy and I enjoyed the BDSM scenes very much. JM Walker doesn’t disappoint!
Mona williams
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
this was a really great book! he knows not to let anyone close to him. only she seems to get up close and personal. only hes keeping a big secret that could destroy everything. read to find out what happens.
Cheri Innis
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This secret boss thing getting to know someone and having it turn into a hella relationship. Good girl wanting to be bad and a bad boy wanting to be good for her. Meeting in the middle romance forever love. You want to read this! Love her books check them out
Cindy Hoage
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Novella made my heart happy!

This is a beautiful love story with a dark twist.....BDSM. I enjoy Jo's books. She had a way of describing everything so that you are able see with your minds eye and feel with whatever emotion she wants you to. I highly recommend this book.
Jacqui Foster
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Another great book by this author, i really enjoyed reading about Military and Bo, him introducing her to his world of BDSM,
Becky Hedge
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On A Whim

Excellent book. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Excellent story line kept your interest and attention making it hard to put down.
Sophie Koufes
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun read about a graphics designer with trust issues who creates book covers for authors. Author B. Vesper & his cover model Bo are about to go on there first signing but there is one problem. Author B. Vesper has a secret that is difficult to reveal due to his past trust issues. When B. Vesper (Bo) becomes a client of single mom Kiki a whirlwind of desire explodes between these two. A cheery, sinfully delicious, packed with humour, & a bit risqué story that keeps you captivated until the end. ...more
Tracy Reeves
Mar 16, 2018

• Like a Boss (Like a Boss, #1)
  • Her Mountain Brothers
  • Hunter
  • Timber (The Mountain Man's Babies, #1)
  • Wrecked: Luke & Marie (Savage Trust #1)
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
  • Beauty and the Boss (Ranch Boys)
  • Survival of the Richest (The Trust Fund Duet, #1)
  • Love Bites (Tails from the Alpha Art Gallery, #1)
  • Flesh and Blood (The Vampires of Shadow Hills #1)
  • Fighting For Your Touch (Fighting, #3)
  • Keep Me
  • Dex (Impossible, #12)
  • Rowena's Key (The Golden Key Chronicles, #1)
  • The Perfect View
  • How We Fall
  • Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1)
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Single Dad (Blind Date Disasters, #4)
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who hit USA Today with Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology. She loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron