Start by marking “Down By The River: An Electric Eclectic Book” as Want to Read:
Down By The River: An Electric Eclectic Book

Down By The River: An Electric Eclectic Book

What happened that night down by the river?

When Shelby's best friend goes missing, she has to return to her hometown to search for her. As soon as she steps off the bus, she knows it is too late. Her visions are vague but the sense of foreboding is not.

What is Mary-Jo's boyfriend not saying, and why is Sheriff Rawden Hughes so convinced he is guilty?
Published January 26th 2018 by 34

To ask other readers questions about Down By The River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down By The River

Patricia Bell
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

This is the first story I have read by this author. For such a short story, it was very deep. The characters were relatable and real to life. I'd love to find out more about these characters.

Karen J Mossman did an excellent job of appealing to my emotions and keeping me on the edge of my seat. Only problem - I didn't want it to end.
Rush Leaming
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm from the "deep south" and this captures the nuances of fringe living well without being stereotypical. This could easily be expanded into a full novel.
Elizabeth Horton-Newton
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes good things come in small packages. This is true of Karen J. Mossman’s thriller Down by The River: An Electric Eclectic Book. From the first paragraph when Shelby steps off the bus, the feeling of impending doom is palpable. She has returned to the small North Louisiana town where she had grown up to reconnect with her childhood friend Mary-Jo.
It is apparent the girls relied on one another for support during difficult times. Mary-Jo had been writing letters to Shelby telling her about
Paul White
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A young girl returns to her hometown after a message from her estranged friend.
But there is a prevailing sense of sinister lurking in the air.

Really enjoyed this emotionally haunting and slightly disturbing tale from Karen J Mossman.

So much 'story' in a great novelette. Highly entertaining and highly recommended.
Another amazing Electric Eclectic book.
P.J. Roscoe
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a very short story. I did expect something longer, but as a short story, it's okay besides a few minor edits that need sorting. I guessed the killer, but it didn't detract my attention. It was a fine half hour read
Tina Graves
Jul 01, 2018
Ann Harrison
May 30, 2018
Karen Mossman
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
C.A. Keith
May 23, 2018
debbie l. slaymaker
is currently reading it
Dec 22, 2018
Karen is a multi-genre author and says she is working her way through as many different types as she can. "I've written two romantic/suspense novels and my last book was a thriller, but it is in my short story collections that I'm able to play with the different genres."

However, as an avid reader, she admits to not being as adventurous. I prefer my stories to have a little romance in them, but the