Start by marking “Good Luck Charm (Holiday High, #2)” as Want to Read:
Good Luck Charm  (Holiday High, #2)

Good Luck Charm

(Holiday High #2)

Connor is Kerri’s good luck charm, but is he lucky enough to win her heart?

Basketball star Kerri “Killer O’Connor” knows she’s bad luck, and she's tried everything to keep it from ruining her life -- a rabbit's foot, a horseshoe, her dad's lucky shirt -- she's never without one.

Published March 1st 2018 by Lounge Chair Literature

To ask other readers questions about Good Luck Charm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Luck Charm

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Cute YA

This is a cute teenage, high school story. The characters are true to their age group and felt just like I remember high school feeling. I liked the quirks of the main character.

Content: swearing, profanity, a couple crude comments, sexual comments
Lola
This book was so much fun to read! My previous book that I read seemed to help me out of this weird reading mood I was in, so I decided to pick up another contemporary romance book. This book was exactly the type of read I was in the mood for. It was fun, sweet, cute and romantic.

Good Luck Charm was well written, the writing flowed well and I easily got sucked into the story and wanted to see what would happen next to Kerri and Connor. It was a lot of fun to read. Kerri has the worst luck ever
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2019)!💝

Blurb:
Connor is Kerri’s good luck charm, but is he lucky enough to win her heart?

When her dad gets hurt in a freak accident on Friday the 13th, Kerri is sure she’s to blame, but then a boy shows up wearing her father’s old sweatshirt, and Kerri’s luck suddenly
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, safe
I enjoyed this one more than the first. For me I was able to connect with the characters better and I felt they were better fleshed out. For me the characters in the first were superficial but these two felt real. Their relationship, therefore, was more believable. Kerry was the quirky girl I expected and Conner was a sweetheart who I wished every teen girl could find and fall for. The story flowed well and at a good, believable pace.

As with all of Kellie’s stories it’s safe and light on the dra
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
I am not having the greatest luck at the moment with romance novels. This time, I gave YA contemporary romance a try, and as much as I loved this cover, I had issues with the contents.

I'll start off with the positives. Like I said, the cover is super cute, and I like the style across the series. I also liked the premise of a girl who believes she's cursed with bad luck. It gave me Just My Luck vibes, and I love me some old school Lindsay Lohan. (Also, hi, it had McFly in it, and I was BIG into M
Mandie
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 5-star
Good Luck Charm is a wonderfully fun, romantic comedy! I love Kerri and Connor’s story! It will keep you entertained from the beginning page to the last.

I read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the author. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Rissi
Apr 12, 2019 added it
Good Luck Charm by Kellie McAllen | Book Review

STORY | A lucky charm is something Kerri O’Connor cannot survive without. Her lucky rabbit foot is never far from her, nor is her lucky sweatshirt, which she needs for every basketball meet. But then, her dad is involved in a freak car accident, and Kerri’s luck seems to change for the worse.

Then, she meets Connor Murphy, a fellow classmate who happens to be wearing the lucky sweatshirt her dad lost! In a series of “bad luck” events, Kerri becomes
Helen
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It is funny and romantic, with teen angst and crushes, but also covers real life, as it deals with a family that pulls together when facing problems. There is also superstition, practical jokes, romance, and competition, and other problems encountered in high school. Another story by Kellie McAllen that keeps moving her up on my favorite author list. Her characters are charming, with their quirks and joys, or so irritating that I know they will reappear to reveal more of thei ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC copy of this.

I enjoyed this one too. However, I wasn't a fan as much in this one of Mia. It was like she was always too busy with her boyfriend to bother with her friend. I did like Connor and was glad that he finally came to his senses about Mallory. I just hope in the next book Jake is more likable. I get he's a prankster but sometimes he takes it too far.
Chelsey Ellice
Adored this book. Again loved the relationship turn in to a need to a wanting to hang out together. Wish they were honest with each other sooner but that would have ended the book sooner
Sara Oxton
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Luck Charm by Kellie McAllen a lucky charm of a five-star read. This is the second book in the Holiday High series and this time it’s the chance of Kerri ‘Killer’ O’Connor Basketball star extraordinaire and she may be a star on the court but deep down she believes that the only reason she is a star is due to her good luck charms, as Kerri has some of the worst luck possible. She really belies that she needs all of the good luck charms she can get her hands on, rabbits foot, horse shoe, a lu ...more
Teresa
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Holiday High 2
Connor is Kerri’s good luck charm, but is he lucky enough to win her heart?

When her dad gets hurt in a
Jennifer Hernandez
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to reading this book. Kerri was my favorite character from the previous book, so I was happy to get to know her better. The characters were fun and felt real, except for Mia and Austin from the previous book. Their PDA is always ridiculous. Kerri and Connor's romance was sweet and slow, the only aspect that felt contrived were the ways to get Connor to be her good luck charm. One thing that made this a really great, different read for me was Connors point of view. It ...more
Jana
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, on-blog
4/5

This is the second book in the Holiday High series and I liked it better than the first.

We met Kerri in the first book, she is Mia’s best friend, but Connor was new (to us and the school).

Kerri had really bad luck, like unbelievably bad luck, but then Connor comes around and when he is with her, her luck isn’t so bad.

I liked this book better than the first because I liked both Kerri and Connor (if you remember, I did not like Austin. And the little he is in this book confirmed my opinion).
Stephanie Smith
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic sweet romance comedy. This book is laugh out loud funny, but also a really nice story of friends, romance and navigating life and relationships at high school. We first met Kerri in the Holiday High book one (My Fake Valentine), as the quirky best friend. We get to know and understand her better in this book, and the vital part that luck and superstition plays in her day to day life! Connor is new to the area and the high school and is yet again trying to make new friends, and ...more
Topsues
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kellie McAllen at her best again... I enjoyed the first book in this series and this second one is just as good....In a lot of this authors books she can make you believe it’s a YA self help book, as to me a lot of her stories always have this underlying feeling that if her fictional characters can get through, then why can’t you, that’s how much reality this author can instill into you....This storyline had a great supportive family around the main character, but even with that, it didn’t stop ...more
Jennifer Louise
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I really just adore these books. What's not to like? romance set around some of our favourite holidays of the year, heart-happy first love stories we wish could be our first stories!

Good Luck Charm picks up after my Fake Valentine in the same setting moving from a focus on Mia and Austin to Kerri and Connor. Kellie McAllen, again, nails totally relatable and lovable young characters that make you root for them in every way possible.

I actually think I liked the story of this book better than the
Samantha Silensky
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started off slowly reading this, in my spare time, a page here, a page there. I only got maybe 2 chapters in, in as many weeks. Then today I had the real urge to buckle down and read it. I remembered how much I love the first book from this series, so I had high hopes for it. good Luck Charm didn’t disappoint either. I finished reading it within a few hours and it was perfect. I loved Kerri, she’s relatable, funny, and a believable mix of girly and Tom-boy. The dialogue and thought process of ...more
Melinda
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the book overall, I like how Kellie writes and I also like high-school stories. Kerri is adorable with the attempt to fight with bad luck. It is almost too much, but knowing where it comes from, I fully can understand her. I'm glad she has a book on her own, because she is a real heroine, strong and capable, and not only the tiny mouse best friend of the popular girl. Connor is a real nice guy, however a bit blind :))) It is nice how he goes with the flow.
I would have loved the ending to
Noëlle
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
'A funny, dorky, mood reading series you will come to adore.'

'Good Luck Charm' picks up right where 'My Fake Valentine' leaves us. (In my opinion you can read the books lose if you want, but it is better to read them in order)

I hoped that there be more after 'My Fake Valentine' and that actually happened and it made me so happy! Once again Kellie goes full out with sticking to a festive feelings. I never heard of an idea for a book series with a theme like this. It makes it more amazing.

Persona
Sairaika Naidoo
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A charming read!

Connor is Kerri’s good luck charm...
But is he lucky enough to win her heart?

A story about bad luck and good luck charms. A story about finding love. A story about overcoming your bad luck.

Absolutely adored this fun, flirty read that has wonderful characters, especially the hero, and has a perfect ending to this charming read.

So many elements I loved that made it relatable to the real world - finding it in you to believe yourself is the most important and I loved how it was hand
Roger
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My fifth read/listen from author Kellie McAllen. No fantasy this time, instead another real-life story of teens and the challenges of friends, dating & growing up in high school. If you’re old enough think of all the Eighties movies in this setting. From the opening pages to the inevitable conclusion this excellent story thoroughly entertains, a nice touch was including characters from the first book in this series. So well-written with wonderfully engaging characters and a storyline that an ...more
Julia David
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kerri constantly has bad luck. Her dad is usually her good luck charm, but he is in an accident and can't be at her basketball games. How will she take her team to the finals if she doesn't have her good luck charm? Then she meets Connor. When he is around her luck changes ever time. Connor is a good guy, but he has his limits. After obsessing over another girl for a long time, he finally is realizing just how special Kerri is. But, does she see him only as a good luck charm or could there be mo ...more
Jenifer
I love this book and not just because Mallory is a red head and very unlucky a lot like myself. I really loved the all the characters in the story not just Mallory and Connor. I loved how Kellie included little things in the story to really show Mallory's Irish background. It really is a cute, fun story where the characters grow into there relationship instead of the insta love. It's also nice to see the average girl end up with the average, even though he is exceptionally wonderful, guy. I real ...more
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Be My Good Luck

I have enjoyed reading about Kerri and Connor. Boy, I would not want to relive those high school days not that mine were bad. Kerri doesn't even know how cool she is and poor Connor hasn't got a clue. Let me take that back about Connor he has a clue but still does not know what to do. This mash up of characters has kept the story on it feet with the absolute zaniness of school and home life.

Even though this is a more YA book I really enjoyed the story. You are never to old to thin
Sherry Westendorf
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is very superstitious and when everything goes bad on Friday the 13th she is sure she is proven right. Things get even worse. Her dad gets into an accident. In walks this hot guy who brings her luck. He wants her and agrees to hang around and help her. She likes him but is convinced he likes someone else. Now he has his work cut out for him to get her to know it is her he wants. This is fun, amusing, hot, exciting and so much more. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Stephanie Villere
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Good Luck Charm, book 2 of The Holiday High series written by Kellie McAllen. This is a sweet little teenage book and I really liked it. The characters are sweet and totally relatable. You will be wanting to shake them both before you get to the end. It’s a tale of secret “like” and lucky charms and basketball....lots of basketball. ;-)
I’m ready for Jake’s story next! I can’t wait to see what happens to him!!
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kellie McAllen’s Good Luck Charm (the second of her Holiday High Series books) is, quite simply, fun. It’s very much character focused but the characters here, Kerri, the “kooky girl with the crazy superstitions” and so sweet Connor, who she decides is her “lucky charm”, are just superbly done and a true pleasure to follow along. Totally relatable while totally outlandish. Hard to pull off but well done here.

Highly recommended.
Summer
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A charming and fun read! I enjoyed this "bubble gum" book. If you want to get away to that awkward, happy, sad, scared, passionate place that is high school, this is the story for you.

It was nice to touch base with other charming characters from book one [Mia and Austin from My Fake Valentine (Holiday High Series Book 1)] but it was a fresh story with new people to fall in love with.

Do I recommend Good Luck Charm? Yes, I definitely do!
Juliana Ignácio
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The reading is fun and sweet.
I was anxious to read this book, since Kerri had caught my attentio since the first book.
Connor is new to the area and school, and is trying to make new friends.
When Kerri's father is in an accident and she believes Connor is her lucky charm, he agrees to help her, and things get pretty interesting from there.
I loved this story and to be able to see the characters from the first book.
I highly recommend the reading.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Perfect League (Briarwood High #3)
  • Save Me
  • Stage Kiss (Mountain Creek Drive #1)
  • Runaway Girl (Runaway Rockstar Series Book 1)
  • Love Between Enemies (Grad Night, #2)
  • The Promposal (The Ugly Stepsister #2)
  • The Almost Boyfriend
  • Foul Play (Barlow Sisters #3)
  • Dating on the Dork Side
  • Perfectly Summer (Perfect #3)
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • Ninja Girl
  • My Sort-of, Kind-of Hero
  • Meet Me There (Ridgewater High #1)
  • Keeping Kinley (Books of Dalthia #5)
  • Sixteen Kisses: A novella
  • Royal Ball (Pimpernel #2)
  • The Law of Tall Girls
Kellie McAllen is a USA Today Bestselling author who has her nose in a book whenever she can. When she's not reading or writing, she's usually hanging out at the beach, guest judging on DWTS (from her living room), or watching cute cat videos. She lives in North Carolina.

Holiday High (3 books)
  • My Fake Valentine (Holiday High, #1)
  • April Fools' Joke (Holiday High, #3)