Start by marking “Flash Drive” as Want to Read:
Flash Drive

Flash Drive

Every Sunday afternoon for almost a year she strolls into the parking lot where you work and drives away in a car share. Every Sunday evening she brings it back. Until one day, when the car comes back, but she doesn’t. A stranger wearing cargo pants and an attitude shows up in her place. After he leaves, you find her bag and all her possessions in the trunk. You realize th ...more
Published January 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Flash Drive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flash Drive

Start your review of Flash Drive
Sheila Walker
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
You have to know her story to understand her

Alex Ryan sits on the bench each break having a smoke, every Sunday?like clockwork Chantel arrives to collect a hire car Ryan is still there when she comes back. Then one Sunday she didn't come back so Ryan makes it his duty to find her. Ricky her son through adopted gets involved and together they are both recovering alcoholics as is Chantel. At this point it was going zigzag he had everyone down as a suspect. Then the first murder happened and Ryan b
Charles Mooney
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book with a cliche ending

The story centers on Ryan, a guy that works for a timeshare in Montreal. He has become obsessed and enamored of one of the customers Anne. Turns out, her real name is Chantal Dorval, and she and Ryan share many of the same problems. Both are recovering alcoholics, both are divorced, and both are trying to build relationships with their grown children. Chantal is kidnapped, and Ryan suspects the worse. Of course, the police suspect Ryan. Who really is behind Chantal'
Lorraine
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Flash Drive was an AWESOME read!!

Flash Drive, from start to finish was a can't put down read!
Ryan works at a taxi company and works the afternoon/night shift. He takes a few breaks at night, smoking his cigarettes and watching the parking area. One night he needs Chantal, as she leaves her share car in the lot. One night, Chantal's car is returned, but not by her. Ryan takes it upon himself, to find out what happened to her. Mayhem abouts all around him, in his search for her.
If you like myste
Gene Archdale
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting book

This book starts out slow. You read a wonder what this is about and where it is going. Ryan works at a taxi service as a dispatcher supervisor. Every Sunday he sets on a bench outside the office smoking. This woman comes by every Sunday the same thing every Sunday. One Sunday she does not return like normal. Ray starts looking for her. He is the only one who is looking for her. You read on to see if he finds her and why she disappeared. Slow but good.
Joanna
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun novel to read. As with Foster's other works, the reader can sit back and enjoy the ride as he paints the picture and draws the plot. This novel is fast-paced and action-packed, without compromising character development or verisimilitude. The reader will be kept guessing until the very end, and will be satisfied when all the loose ends are tied up, and all the questions are resolved - and there's a happy ending to boot!
sharon check
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loser or lover.

Ryan gets pulled into a strange convoluted search for the beautiful woman he sees on his work breaks. Except one day she doesn't show up. The author is wonderfully creative in telling this tale and I was hooked after the first few chapters. The characters are fascinating and the twists and turns many . I liked everything except how hard Ryan was on,himself. I recommend the book to every mystery lover.
Joanne Fish
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Don't bother

Messed up woman with lots of "fu@k buddies", the authors words, not mine, goes missing. Main character tasks it upon himself to find and rescue her. In the meantime we're treated to reading het diary. Boeing. I think the author has some issues better left unexplored. This book is so bad I deleting it off my device.
Boots S
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
When Alex Ryan sees an attractive woman return a rental car to a car park each Sunday for a year, -- same time - and one week she doesn't show up, but the car does, he begins to worry about her. They have only spoken a few words in that year, but he feels an attachment to her and begins to search for her.
Bill
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
every Sunday, Ryan watches her leave the share car . He works at a taxi company and wants to get to know her better. Then one day a strange man drops the car off. No one believes that she is missing.
Ryan is able to find out her real name and other things. In the end things work out well, although Ryan, the mystery lady, and Ryan's friend, Lucy are almost killed.
Joseph P. Pascucci
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Enjoyed the interesting and novel approach of this story. An amateur beats the police detective trying to stick him with th h as murder he did not commit while investigating the disappearance of his friend. Good pace and character development make for an exciting book.
Vivian
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual type of read, but it was damn good. As a commuter, I can relate to the protagonist’s intrigue, somewhat. Seeing the same people everyday. Inventing a life for them; guessing, at least.

~ Alex Ryan saw her everyday. They made eye contact until one day, they introduced themselves. Anne, is her name. Or so she said. She arrived everyday at the same time. Until the day she didn’t.
Rita
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy book to read that kept me interested throughout the book. The plot was unique.The author wrote in a way that was remarkable. I loved the characters and how they interacted with each other. The ending was unexpected and interesting. I do want to read much more from this author.
Kathleen Quinn
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An unforgettable tale

This book has it all; a down to earth hero, a wide assortment of characters you'll really care about and a great ending. The ending is something that will shock and surprise you. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Diane
Nov 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Did not even get through one fourth of this book. Anyone with crap for brains would have called the police before doing anything this idiot did. One more book on the shelf about very unlikeable people. I’m just glad it was free.
Daniel Deitch
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

An interesting tale with lots of adventure and just about the right amount of human interest. The title really has nothing much to do with the story and any allusion it makes to the content is minor but apart from that it is a decent way to spend an afternoon.
Rick Lacy
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good tale - captivating!

First time in a while that I found a novel novel.
Not a retread but a NEW story. Very well written. Written such that the writing never distracts from the tale.

A very enjoyable book. Thank you.
Greg Dryer
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining read.

I enjoyed the story, the characters, and pace of the writing. I was a little disappointed with the ending but not enough to detract from my overall enjoyment. I gave it 5 stars. While not perfect, it was heads above other books I’ve read recently.
Stephen F. Johnson
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great Canadian thriller

I liked everything about this book. The characters, setting, plot and action. They were all believable. It was a joy to read. I'll be looking for more from this author!
Michael Altieri
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I give very few 5 star ratings. This book deserves it without any doubt in my mind. The characters are great and the story is very believable. Somebody should write a screenplay for it.
Barry Edstene
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Think Elmore Leonard, Foster does it well. This is with out a doubt the best mystery I have read this year. It is a compeling mystery so I will not say anything about the story. That is for you to find. I hope you will find it as engrossing as I did.
J Barkess
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.
I would have given it five stars but I found the last few chapters a bit silly and I didnt like the way it inexplicably changed from 3rd person to 1st.
Kathy Robinson
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read
Lost

An interesting story of how one person could and would take it on himself to search for a woman whom he is sure has disappeared although he really knows nothing.about her. When no one believes him, he still won't quit.
Jennie Akeson
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A veritable mystery

One of the best mystery stories I have read in a Long time. Excellent character development. Memorable plot. I highly recommend this book.
Tana
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Worse read

This was the worst read of my life! Very Amateurish. Kept repeating lines! Very poorly put together! Glad it was free!
Allyn Nichols
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Had me guessing until the end.

Great story, not too heavy with likeable and unlikable characters. Good edgy fun from star to finish. Well worth a read.
Giro
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was breath-taking. The story caught my attention, and I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. It is easy to read, with captivating characters and vivid descriptions.
Beverlee Henderson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.

Couldn't put this book down. Stayed up all night reading. Turns and surprises right to the end. Very enjoyable, get this book.
Gail Roberts
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Minor complaint

Great story but he referred to Lisa Simpson as Gracie Simpson TWICE or do the characters have different names in Canada?
Cynthia Clinton
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable story! Engaging and memorable.
Gerald Hodgman
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost 5 stars

A good read no sudden surprises just things hidden around corners. No flash bang terrorist stuff just good writing.Solid. Recommend

• The Advocate's Homicides (The Advocate #8)
  • IN Doubt (Redemption Thriller #9; Ivy Nash Thriller, #3)
  • The Luck Theory
  • Who Killed Anne-Marie?
  • Switch
  • Insatiable (The Sydney Rye Mysteries #3)
  • Kill Game (Kill Game #1-3)
  • Everett
  • What She Saw (A Beyond The Veil Prequel, #1)
  • When the Past Came Calling
  • The Violet Hour
  • What Has Mother Done? (Thea Browne Mystery, #1)
  • Flight of the Crow (Tony Crow Mystery, #1)
  • Corktown (Abby Kane FBI Thriller #1)
  • Friends From the Edge
  • The Girl on the Burning Boat
  • The Breathtaker
  • The Last Rainmaker (Jack Widow, #9)
Peter C. Foster is a Montreal author, writer and erstwhile taximan. Semi-retired, he lives a quiet life in the Deep East End of the city, sipping quality wine at the Café Chabot and grilling Portuguese chicken on the barbecue.