Start by marking “Broccoli & Broomsticks (Nocturne Falls Universe)” as Want to Read:
Broccoli & Broomsticks (Nocturne Falls Universe)

Broccoli & Broomsticks

(Nocturne Falls Universe)

Aria Ricci wants the last three months of high school to be as uneventful as possible, which isn’t easy when you are powerless in a family of magical witches and live in Nocturne Falls, GA, a haven for paranormal beings.

Her plans implode when a zombie infects her brother, Gio, and a cute hunter wants Gio dead. Aria will stop at nothing to find a cure, but things go from i
Published February 14th 2018 by Sugar Skull Books

To ask other readers questions about Broccoli & Broomsticks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broccoli & Broomsticks

Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is an entertaining, quick story in the Nocturne Falls Universe. The author has crafted a story with interesting and vivid characters, a bit of a mystery, and romance. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Broccoli and Broomsticks by Jennifer Fischetto

From the Nocturne Falls Universe Kindle world. A town of paranormals that celebrates Halloween every day.

Young adult. Zombies of the non-violent variety and a hunter. Vegan zombies. Witches. First attraction, learning young love.
A short mystery style novella. With a funny tag line: No hood, no entrance.
Cute.
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this book is part of the Nocturne Falls Universe and is written by Jennifer Fischetto. The Nocturne Falls series is written by Kristen Painter and I was so happy that these new books by new authors were asked to write a story in the town. Nocturne Falls is a town that celebrates Halloween every day of the year and also a place that paranormal’s can live and not have to hide what they really are. Aria Ricci comes from a powerful family of witches, the problem is she doesn’t ...more
Niken Widyastuti
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have to admit that among all of NFU books (and I’ve read them all), I like this one the least. I skipped so many chapters because I didn’t find it compelling.

The way the story wrote was good, flowing effortlessly. However, the story itself was just lacking. The main characters were okay, yet the supportive characters were not supportive at all. They’re so annoying to the level that I didn’t want to read about them. Unfortunately, the supportive characters parts were quite a lot, thus the skipp
Heidi
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book of Jennifer Fischetto in Nocturne Falls was for me an interesting story. The story was a mix of Kitchen Witch meets Van Helsing meets Warm Bodies. This is a standalone book, although the use of people and locations in Nocturne Falls was well done. The story is unique and only felt a little preachy about being vegan. I was confused about the female lead in the book for the first two to three chapters as it wasn't readily apparent she was female. The zombie scenes were more humorous ...more
Miranda Beazley
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aria is from a family full of witches but her powers never came in. Which makes life tough being the only normal in the family. But when her brother Gio is bitten and turns into a broccoli craving zombie she’s determined to keep him alive and stop the cute hunter who’s determined to put an end to him.

This book was different, but really enjoyable. I mean zombies that eat broccoli over brains. Vegan instead of carnivore was actually a lot of fun to read and have a little giggle over. And of course
Chantal-Lise Mirman
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Late Bloomer

Fun YA wacky paranormal adventure set in Nocturne Falls, where being “normal” is NOT the norm. When Gio turns into a Broccoli-eating zombie, his younger sister (the only member of her witchy family yet to manifest any powers) tries to find a cure. Hijinks ensue as Aria conducts her initially clandestine investigation, drawing in a cute zombie hunter, friends and an eccentric grandmother. Matters get complicated before Veggies ultimately save the day. Lots of humor, a scare or two and
Christine James
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun read about not so scary zombies

I enjoyed this book. It gave an interesting and unique spotlight on cruciferous vegetables. The characters were great. The only thing that bothered me was, she put off telling her mom what happened. Until mom found out. Since I'm a mom, and not a teen, this bothered me. It was explained in the story line. So it's just me. About halfway through the plot picked up and it became a real page turner.
Great addition to Nocturne Falls Universe.
Lisa
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books in the Nocturne Falls Universe. It sucked me right in from the very beginning and held on tight. This author has such an amazing imagination. What a neat idea to do with zombies! While the characters were in high school, it read like a grown up read also. My favorite part was how funny it was. I couldn’t stop laughing at the clever humor added.
Denise Snider
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is a part of the Nocturne Falls Universe series. It features Aria and her family who are earth witches. Aria’s brother gets turned into a zombie and she ends up meeting Malik who is a hunter. Through some simple twists and turns Aria discovers her powers as well as the cause of the zombie infection.
Hsu Lee
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC - I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are hones
Aria's brother Gio is infected byh a zombie.
This book is Aria's journey in finding a cure for her brother.
I loved the storytelling + the characters
The storytelling + the character's build were awesome!
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute and funny!!!!

Part of the Nocturne Falls Universe, a fun read about a young no powers witch , her witch filled family, zombies, and hunters make for a very fun exciting adventure!!!
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! Nice quick read and very entertaining
Was fun to have a story about almost zombies!! Nice romance throughout as well and the family themes through tour were very down to earth even though they were supernatural beings well worth reading
Heather Beyer
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast paced read with light humor and romance.

It was well written with an interesting character pool centered around Aria and her family. Interesting concept by having a broccoli loving zombie! Hopefully we’ll see more from this author in the NFU!
Kate
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s always great to visit Nocturne Falls. This is a cute romance that involves zombies and vegetables.
Suzan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book, it was a fun read. I liked the pairing of Malik and Aria!
kelly west
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow first zombie story worth reading.

I avoid zombie stories like the plague. This one is short, to the point and has a decently happy ending. Well done.
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute book. It is a young adult version, but i really enjoyed it -- even though I am not a broccoli lover.
Pilar Seacord
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story. It was cute not tense and rather amusing. The end felt a bit abrupt.
Melanie Katsapis Malcoon
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the stories about Nocturne Falls. Kristen Painter, l've read about everything she's written. Love her imagination. Feels like l'm right there witnessing the story. Love her writings.
Jeanna Shaver
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Really enjoyed the characters. Look forward to reading more for her.
Myriam
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kristen-painter
Two and a half stars for the effort.
This is the first book in the Nocturne Falls Universe from this author and I am not sure that I want to read more as I was unable to complete this book. I have never rated a book this low and I hope I never will again. And I will explain why. But firstly I would like to clarify trhat there is nothing wrong with the author's writing style, it is the content and the opinions the author conveys in her writing that made me drop the book like a hot potato.
It start
Jun 05, 2018
carol a rollag
Mar 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I write dead bodies for ages 13 to six-feet-under.

Nocturne Falls Universe (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Close Encounters of the Alien Kind (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Invasion of the Alien Snatchers  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)