Jump to ratings and reviews

Dirty Dicks #4

Crazy Beautiful Love

There’s a fine line between love and hate…

Tess Walker is game for anything—except world-renowned photographer Beau Allen, the guy who inadvertently sent her life into a downward spiral. It has taken Tess years to find herself and become a person she can be proud of. Now Beau is back and making a play for her heart…a play she’s not sure she wants him to make. The more he pushes, the more her walls crumble, and Tess soon discovers that his sweet kisses and even sweeter words might be just what she’s been looking for in life.

And Tess Walker hates Beau Allen…

Beau Allen has it all: loving family, plentiful friends, and a job that sends him all over the world. What he doesn’t have is a home—or a reason to make one. Living out of a suitcase isn’t ideal, but he’s perfectly content. That is, until a beautiful woman barrels her way into his life and has him second-guessing everything. Tess is nothing like the women he’s used to and everything like the woman he wants. Grounded, strong, funny, sweet, and sexy. Did he mention sexy? Her curves make it hard for him to think, and his life’s mission soon becomes making her laugh and sigh and moan, because he really likes it when she moans. But Beau isn’t used to sticking around. Still, he’s hoping she’ll give him a reason to stay.

Doesn’t she?

259 pages, Kindle Edition

First published January 31, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

K.L. Grayson

26 books1,752 followers
I'm a mother and wife first, and sometimes I like to pretend that I'm actually a Nurse Practitioner, but I'm ALWAYS a writer.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
8 (1%)
1 star
2 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 143 reviews
Profile Image for Tracy  C.
537 reviews37 followers
February 13, 2019
As always, a solid sexy read by K.L. Grayson. I love when characters interconnect in a series; it's like extra epilogues! Tess and Beau we adorable together. I will admit to be being a bit irritated at the lack of communication. And then I realized, that is real life! I have done the same thing. Wanting to speak your heart but not wanting to be vulnerable, just in case it isn't reciprocated. I also really liked that the angsts was not heavy or prolonged! I can't wait for the next one in this series.
Profile Image for Christine (Shh Moms Reading).
1,295 reviews539 followers
January 31, 2019
A fun, heartwarming, crazy, beautiful love story! I love enemies to lovers stories. Despite Tess’ dislike, she couldn’t deny the chemistry, attraction and swoon-worthiness of Beau. 😍

As these two are circling around each other, getting to know each other, the good times, the humor, the unwavering friendship becomes something neither can walk away from.

I love Beau’s support of Tess... with her business, with her heart. Tess had a rough time growing up and he gives her everything she was missing... family and love. I loved their interactions, oftentimes finding myself smiling or laughing out loud. I love Grayson’s ability to give readers a feel-good romance that can pull you in for a little while and immerse you into this small town with characters you love and leave you with a smile on your face long after closing your kindle.

Another Grayson masterpiece... I can’t wait to read what she has for readers next!
Profile Image for Karen.
5,201 reviews52 followers
February 1, 2019
I am a sucker for a gal whose life has been a struggle and she's pretty tough in spite of it. Tess is that gal. Beau is a wonderful guy.
It's sweet.
Profile Image for Amy .
2,672 reviews
January 30, 2019
There’s nothing more exciting than seeing that K.L. Grayson has a new book coming out. Her words and beautiful storytelling have a way of captivating me and leaving me begging for more all at the same time. So, of course, when I heard Crazy, Beautiful Love was coming out, I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on it!

Crazy, Beautiful Love follows the story of Tess and Beau. Tess’s life has been anything but easy. Unbeknownst to him, Beau contributed to Tess’s downfall. But, Tess has been working hard to change her ways and become a better person. All is going well until Beau comes back into town. Despite her dislike for Beau, Tess can’t deny the pull she feels toward him. Little by little, Beau tries to break down Tess’s sky high walls. Soon both Tess and Beau discover there’s more to each other than meets the eye. Will their connection be enough to show these two what they’ve been missing? There’s only one way to find out….

Overall, I found this book to be a really enjoyable read. It had just the right sweet and swoon-worthiness that I was looking for. I loved the enemies to lovers/frienemies to lovers vibe that this story gave off. I found the characters to be a lot of fun and enjoyed that they kept me on my toes. I loved the chemistry between Beau and Tess. Tess was really sassy and I couldn’t wait to see what she would say to Beau next. And Beau was straight up swoon city, right out of the gate. He pushed. She pulled. And in the end, I couldn’t get enough of these two together.

Crazy, Beautiful Love is just that; a crazy beautiful story. I loved the romance. I loved the pull. I loved the swoon. I enjoyed that there wasn’t really any angst or over the top drama. It was just a straight up sweet romance that will give you all the feels and leave you with a smile on your face.

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Sheri.
776 reviews17 followers
January 31, 2019
I love when you think a book is going to go one way and it goes another. That's what happened with this book. I thought what happened in the past was one thing, but it turns out being something else.

Tess Walker runs a floral shop in Heaven, Texas, and struggles to make ends meet. She took over the shop for her grandmother, but is happy to be back in her small town. Her best friend, Mo, is getting married to an Allen, and one of the Allen brothers is Beau, world renowned photographer. Beau travels the world taking amazing photographs, but he hasn't been home much over the past several years. Now that his brothers are getting married, Beau is starting to realize how much he's missed with his family during his absence.

Everyone feels that Tess and Beau would be good together, but Beau doesn't realize that he did something that affected Tess's life dramatically. It wasn't at all what I thought it was. I found that refreshing.

There wasn't a ton of drama between Tess and Beau, which was nice. There was a whole story line at the end that kind of came out of nowhere, but it was really interesting and added to the story. Tess and Beau were a good couple. Watching them develop and grow together was nice to read.

Tess was incredibly strong. She had a tough childhood, but became a very strong woman. Beau had a loving family but was missing his foundation. Tess became that for him. I would recommend this book for sure.

Blog --> https://tvaddictedbookworm.com
Twitter --> https://twitter.com/tvaddictbookwm
Instagram-->https://instagram.com/tvaddictedbookworm
Profile Image for Nicole.
3,339 reviews42 followers
4.5 Stars
I love this series so much and this was a great installment to the series. It can be read as a standalone, but why wouldn't you want to read the previous books in the series. I instantly fell for Tess and Beau. They sucked me right into the book. I literally couldn't put this book down. Tess and Beau have a ton of chemistry. It gets pretty steamy between those two. This story has light and funny moments, but it also has serious punch you in the heart moments. It's a well rounded book in my opinion. Beau is just dreamy. He is top book boyfriend material. He has plenty swoon worthy moments that make you sigh
Profile Image for Laura.
2,218 reviews106 followers
January 8, 2019
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give me Books***

3.5 Stars

This was a quick read, and one that I really enjoyed. And, before I get into my review, a quick read is not a bad thing. I am not saying the book was short, or not developed, just that it was a smooth read, there was not a lot of angst, and I was able to just enjoy.

I liked Tess, the way she was trying to put her life back together and I loved Beau, how attracted he was to her, and why he couldn't figure out the reason she seemed familiar to him. It was interesting that the reader finds out her past as Beau does, so the moment is one that is shared and you can experience that feeling, the moment where you realize someone older, with more maturity, would have made a different decision.

I was a little worried the "reveal" wasn't going to ring true...but, it really did. And, it was also in line for the decisions I believe would realistically be made by people the age they were when the initially met.

I have read a couple of other titles by this author, and this one is one of my favorites in the series. I believed in the characters, the choices they made, the reasons they had for them, and most of all, I believe that they are together for the long haul.

I enjoyed and recommend this title.
Profile Image for TheGuideToRomanceNovels.
1,144 reviews326 followers
February 15, 2019
This is my first read by this author. I purchased the paperback because the BLURB really caught my eye & I was super excited to read it.

Mo & Clair's best friend Tess has always been like family. She knows she isn't blood but has never felt or been treated any different. When Beau comes back for his brothers wedding, he is confused at to why Tess gives him the cold shoulder. (IDIOT!) How can he forget what he did years back where it left Tess not only heart broken but SHATTERED, The worst part is, their spark never died. And Tess has a secret that might change everything,

Beau is a swoon-romantic sexy hero! I will give him that, there was not a moment I actually hated him (which is usual for me haha) so that was very sweet to read. Tess is a STRONG HARD-WORKING woman, that maybe just needs a break in life. A hard life she has lived. When it comes down to letting herself enjoy the fire...remember i said earlier she has a secret...yeah well you know what they say about secrets.

I am giving this a high 4.5 & would definitely recommend this! I can't wait to read more by this author!
H A P P Y - R E A D I N G
Profile Image for Tee loves Kyle Jacobson.
2,471 reviews170 followers
February 4, 2019
This story is an amazing roller coaster ride that will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. I could not put this book down for nothing when I started it. I first started reading it in the car on a ride then I could not put it down and I finished it that night.

Tess is a strong character that I loved because she was real with herself and she knew when she couldn't handle things and did not lie or try to fake it. She was real with Beau and that I loved most about her because they circled around one another but ended up telling each other how they felt and started working on a relationship.

Beau lord have mercy Beau I just adored him because he was living his life and having his fun until he met Tess and she changed his life. She made him want to settle down and stop doing the one night stands. She made him want to settle down and get a house and have that relationship that every woman dreams of having.

This is an amazing read and I recommend it so go on and one click it!
Profile Image for Thuy Taylor.
1,185 reviews11 followers
January 22, 2019
Beau and Tess have always felt this attraction to each other. While Tess fights it, dislikes him, has an attitude towards him when he's around, Beau is curious about her. He fights his attraction and want to know more about her, but in the end, his curiosity wins out.

Poor Tess, she's had a rough life. She's made a good life for herself, but keeps her heart locked up because she's been heartbroken with her heart in the care of family. She has this attraction to Beau but knows Beau won't stay around for long. He's a big worldwide photographer, and it would just be pointless to start something with him when he has no interest in putting roots down.

Their chemistry is scorching HOT!!!! I love reading how Beau is slowly falling in love with her. Everything he missed about her when they were apart. Its ADORABLE. So swooning. I loved seeing the other characters from previous book. The Allen boys are the best. Loved their story.
Profile Image for Kaitie.
915 reviews19 followers
December 23, 2018
Tess and Beau have stolen my heart, right along with every other character in Heaven, Texas. I love these characters and the family in this book and I can’t get my hands on them fast enough! Tess and Beau are perfection! I couldn’t put them down and had to know what happened. Right to the very end I was flipping the pages as fast as I could. Another outstanding book by Ms. Grayson. And I totally can’t wait for more!!
Profile Image for Phyl.
1,357 reviews15 followers
January 28, 2019

I liked Tess and Beau. This starts off as a love/ hate situation. I wondered what he could have possibly done to her to warrant such dislike. It’s not absolutely awful but it did cause issues in her life. Tess has had a horrible upbringing which sees her closed off. Beau sees all the good things about Tess and things are going well between the two. Beau is exactly what she needs, she deserves a beautiful love.

Profile Image for Lisa.
322 reviews5 followers
Crazy Beautiful Love 4.5 Stars
Tess Walker is the flower shop owner in Heaven Texas. She has a past that she has not told her friends about and is not so sure she wants to. However when Beau Allen comes home for an extended visit, they may complicate things.
Beau Allen is a handsome world traveling photography, he is great at what he does, but when he comes him for his little brothers wedding, realizes how much he seems to be missing out on.
I absolutely Love this story. There were a few heartbreaking, sad moments, but it never failed to repair the hurt as I kept reading. It was one of those books I could not put down, or when I did I was thinking about it. I Love All of the Characters and absolutely fell in Love with Heaven Texas and this whole series so far. It can be read as a stand alone, however if you have read the prior books it just adds to this already wonderful book. There were also a few cameos in this story from some of my beloved characters from other authors I have read, which made me excited to discover, almost like I had my own personal celebrity sighting. If I had to pick one thing I didn’t like about this book it would be the amount of sex during a section of the book, I don’t mind sex scenes, sometimes it’s just a little much for my personal taste. Overall though it was a wonderful read with a lot of emotions attached and I can not wait to see what happens next in Heaven Texas.
Profile Image for Erica.
1,312 reviews33 followers
January 31, 2019
I absolutely love this series, I eagerly devour each new addition to the series as soon as possible.
Introducing another Allen, Beau.
Yes he's as sexy as you would hope, he's not perfect, makes mistakes but Lord is he hard to ignore!
Tess we've met before, she's Mo's friend, flower shop owner and for some unknown reason she absolutely despises Beau.
Beau is a contract photographer, he goes where the job is. Hasn't been home in quite awhile but when he comes home things start to feel right, like maybe he should stick around for awhile.
Beau & Tess are volatile. She's holding something against him, he has no clue why she hates him, yet they are magnetically pulled together.
Tess has some stuff to get over, her childhood wasn't perfect and in her world Beau is part of that. Her growth in this book is my favorite thing, watching her figure out her issue, work through it and move on.
Then again Beau's refusal to give up on her and his love for his family......... okay so maybe there are multiple things that top my list and make this yet another book I love.
This can be read as a standalone but I recommend reading this entire series, it's sweet, sexy, funny and full of the most amazing family.
Profile Image for Ga Books LoverX.
2,187 reviews21 followers
January 28, 2019
5 stars from this girl!

I received this book as an ARC in return for my honest review. I was excited when I saw that I would have a chance to review this book. I enjoyed the others in the Dirty Dicks series and this book definitely lived up to it.

This is a standalone, but in all series, it is more fun to read the books that came before to know the secondary characters. We have seen Tess, our leading lady, as being full of heart but also a little closed off. We also saw our main man, Beau, as a somewhat absent brother gallevanting across the world as a super well known photographer.

Tess has had a bad taste in her mouth when it comes to Beau because she had met him before and basically put herself in situations where she never had to be around him, which was super easy when he was never home.

What did I like about this book:
Backstory about main characters and secondary characters.
Great plot delivery.
SOOO Much steam.
Likeable characters.
Just enough angst, not too much and not too little!

So again overall loving the story, and I highly recommend it for you as well! 4.5 outta 5 for guys!
Profile Image for Britt The Hatters.
1,414 reviews92 followers
January 7, 2019
Every time I get to read a new book in this series I start out thinking that no way it can get better than the book before. But K.L. Grayson raises the bar with every new addition leaving me in awe. Crazy Beautiful Love is exactly what this book is, crazy beautiful.
Both Beau and Tess on their own are characters that I adore, but together they are phenomenal. Tess with her sass towards Beau that hides a heart full of generosity and love and Beau with his absolutely swoon worthy loving ways *sigh* I was all heart eyes the entire time I was reading. There’s a sweetness between these two that takes on a whole new level with the amount of emotion that’s also there. Then that’s all topped off with some seriously explosive chemistry that brings deliciously intense heat to the pages also. Beau and Tess are one of my favorite couples of all time. Their frenemies to lovers story is loaded with pure beauty from start to finish pulling at every one of my heartstrings!
Profile Image for Garden Of REden.
1,162 reviews61 followers
February 9, 2019
**3.5 stars reviewed by Cassie**

The Dirty Dicks Series has been entertaining thus far. I had not read a “cowboy series” in a long time and this series sparked my interest in them again being surrounded by bull riding at the beginning. As we have gone through each member of the Allen family we have gotten that much more interested in who is to come next. Naturally, we have to be curious about the mysterious brother who travels around the world to take photographs. Not to mention Tess has been a strong secondary character from the beginning of the series and yet we knew little about her.

This book fits in nicely with the rest of the the series, but it was not my favorite. I really wish the story had more solid ground conflict wise to create tension between the characters. It had it’s intense and sexy moments, it had the ooey gooey sweet parts, and character’s grew slightly as they healed, but it just didn’t grab me like a few of the other’s did.
Profile Image for Jill M.
1,145 reviews72 followers
January 12, 2019
More Allens? Hell yeah! I was so excited for a new book by KL Grayson! And man she didn’t disappoint with this one. Can you say swoon worthy? These Allen brothers keep getting sexier and swoony with each new book.

I devoured this book. It was sweet with a whole lot of sexy. Beau is a smooth talker just like the other men in his family. He’s an alpha male with a sweet side. He’s more than the famous photographer. Tess is a reformed woman with secrets. But her secrets don’t define her. She’s sweet and caring with a heart of gold. These two had off the charts chemistry creating those steamy scenes to make you fan yourself. KL knows how to write sexy.

It’s a low angst, sweet story to make your romantic heart flutter.
Profile Image for Tanja OMGReads.
1,687 reviews39 followers
January 30, 2019
I'll be honest and say this story let me down a bit. The storyline has so much potential but something was missing for me and that is why I'm giving it a -4*!

As individuals I really liked Tess and Beau. She's been through hell and managed to pull herself up. She was strong, funny with a beautiful heart.
When thinking about Beau I can't help but find him sweet. And maybe that was why the chemistry (for me) never reached that sizzling hot levels I was hoping from the get go.

Overall I did enjoy myself while reading and I'm definitely going to pick up another book by this author. I'm hoping this one just caught me on one off my bad day.

***Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMGReads Blog***
Profile Image for Sarah.
353 reviews26 followers
January 22, 2019
Fast, easy read featuring one of Mo’s best friends (Tess) and another Allen brother (have mercy!)- Beau. I think that Tess is one of the heroines that I’ve most related to- she’s been burned by a tough life and has to be independent and closed off to get by. She’s emotionally unavailable. Beau is always traveling for his work (photographer). When his brother’s upcoming wedding brings him home for a short period, sparks fly.

I loved the chemistry between the two, and, once again, Tess is my gal. It was a quick, satisfying read- another win in the Dirty Dicks series.
Profile Image for Shameca Smith .
261 reviews
February 7, 2019
I think I say this every time Kirby releases a book, but I think I have found my favorite couple!!
I honestly feel like Beau and Tessa need another book or two because this story just flows so effortlessly that I don’t want it to end!
Profile Image for Franci Neill.
1,892 reviews76 followers
February 9, 2019
5 I love visiting Heaven, Texas Stars!!!

Finally we get Tess's story and I'm just giddy with how much I love Tess and Beau Allen together! Beau, the world traveling photographer has returned home after being away for a long time and he's got his sights set on seducing the beautiful florist, and Mo's best friend Tess...problem is, Tess isn't so keen on the idea.

Ms. Grayson does a wonderful job of reminding me why I love this town and these Allen men. Beau is tall, sexy and oh so swoony! He just can't understand why he's not Tess's favorite person, and when so much of the past comes out, I think I hurt as much as Tess did telling the story.

Once they get over the hurdle of the past, Beau and Tess finally act on the sizzling chemistry shooting between them. And oh my goodness is it HOT!!! He's quite the skilled man in this area and our girl Tess reaps all the rewards of it!!

This is a quick but very satisfying read and I love how Ms. Grayson has the ability to bring all her stories to life with characters that I love and swoon over in each and every book. I can honestly say Beau and Tess are my favorites from Heaven, Texas!!!
Profile Image for TheHappyBookHoe.
77 reviews2 followers
February 1, 2021
The title Crazy Beautiful Love definitely fits this book to a T. Overall, it was an unpredictable, easy flowing, and well-rounded read that you won't be able to put down.

Tess moves back into her hometown after a rough rollercoaster ride of a past and keeps that past closed off from her friends. Beau Allen unwittingly played a part in that past so Tess doesn't exactly welcome him back, not that he remembers her anyways.

This book was just a sweet, enemies to lovers feel good book which I enjoyed immensely. There were some moments that made me teary eyed, and there wasn't really any over the top drama to be resolved.

I LOVED the Allen family and I can't wait to read the rest of this series! I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves stories with feel good vibes to it and strong female characters!
Profile Image for Andrea Britton.
1,574 reviews23 followers
February 1, 2019
I think this one is my favorite!! I absolutely love the Dirty Dicks series and this book....ahhhhhh it’s so dang good.

Tess is a quiet one. Best Friend of Mo, owner of the flower shop Petal Pusher. Tess doesn’t bring up her past ever. And we follow along as her story unfolds. And while it’s unfolding to us we watch as her and Beau start a relationship. It isn’t going to be easy but it’s meant to be.

We watch as two people learn more about each other and we watch as they fall in love. We watch as Tess opens up to Beau and we watch as Beau gets his girl.

I’ve loved this series since the first book and they just keep getting better and better.

Highly recommended.
Profile Image for Carissa Janes.
1,434 reviews2 followers
February 3, 2019
Beautiful

I love KL Grayson's characters, especially her strong female leads. Tess is broken but healing with the help of her friends and their families, and she's getting better a day at a time. Beau (and the rest of the Allen men) is thoughtful, gentle, hardworking, and he doesn't let Tess get away with hiding her true personality. She learns to open up to him and watching the hate-to-love shift is a beautiful thing. But now I need to know more about Lilly!
473 reviews3 followers
Beautiful Story!

The author has written another beautiful love story. This book will take you on a journey that is filled with laughs, tears and serious chemistry. I love series that showcase new couples but give you a glimpse into previous characters happenings. Looking forward to more books by the author!
Profile Image for Lyndsay TC.
1,745 reviews
February 17, 2019
Beau and Tess....

For Tess this was an enemies to lovers story but for Beau it was a friends to lovers story which made their combined story very interesting. Their story was a lovely progression of love and while I was with Mo on the frustration of Beau and Tess admitting or in their case not admitting their love, it all turned out for the best.
Profile Image for Amber Behnke.
388 reviews
This book is Beau-itful

I don't know how she did it but K.I Grayson topped herself again! Beau is the perfect her. He is the strong man that heroine Tess needs as she figures out her life. Their love story is heartwarming. Five star read! Definite one click!
Profile Image for Tara Smith(Tara's Romance Reads).
577 reviews7 followers
February 1, 2019
Emotional, sweet, sassy , and oh so sexy

What an amazing book! Tessa and Beau's story is emotional, sweet, and oh so sexy. I loved these characters instantly and felt like I was walking this journey with them. Beautifully written!
Profile Image for Karen Creeley.
47 reviews1 follower
February 2, 2019
I live KL Grayson and I absolutely love this series and Crazy Beautiful Love did not disappoint!!!!! Beau and Tess’a love story is so sweet and touching. I wish there were 10 moreAllen brothers so this series could go on. Thank you KL for such a wonderful book and series!!!!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 143 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.