Start by marking “How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone” as Want to Read:
How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone

How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The internet was never intended for you, opines Brian McCullough in this lively narrative of an era that utterly transformed everything we thought we knew about technology. In How the Internet Happened, he chronicles the whole fascinating story for the first time, beginning in a dusty Illinois basement in 1993, when a group of college kids set off a once-in-an-epoch revolu ...more
Published October 23rd 2018 by Liveright

To ask other readers questions about How the Internet Happened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How the Internet Happened

Jenna
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a surprisingly fun book to read - Brian has a really accessible writing style. I did not expect to read this book in it's entirety when I picked it up (I dip into a lot of books for work) but I flew through the 400 pages. Check it out if you loved Halt and Catch Fire.
Casey Lau
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
People have written about this era in pieces but no one has written about it in one book and I think it gives a good overview into this time even if you lived through it like I did. I wonder what the kids born in 2018 will think of it in 2038. A time capsule for sure and a well written one.
✰☽✰Raeleigh✰☾✰
I never know how I'm going to feel about non-fiction books when I pick them up, whether I enjoy the subject or not. They can often be dry, boring, slog-of-a-reads. That wasn't the case for me with Brian McCullough's How the Internet Happened.

McCullough takes us through the history of the internet from the founding of Netscape by Marc Andreessen and Jim Clark all the way to the present day and the ubiquity of smart phones, which didn't hit their stride until 2007 with Apple's iPhone.

McCullough'
✰☽✰Raeleigh✰☾✰

McCullough'
O2k
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Got a little snow around the dot-com bubble other than that I enjoyed.
Howard
Oct 26, 2018
Abdullah
Igor
Yorky
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2018