Start by marking “Stone Unturned: A Legend of Ethshar” as Want to Read:
Stone Unturned: A Legend of Ethshar

Stone Unturned: A Legend of Ethshar

(Ethshar #14)

No good deed goes unpunished!

When Morvash of the Shadows, a journeyman wizard, discovers some of the statues in his uncle’s house are real people turned to stone, he sets out to do the right thing. But turning them back is a bigger challenge than he anticipated....

Darissa the Witch’s Apprentice wants to help a prince of Melitha defend their homeland against an invasion.
Published January 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Stone Unturned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Unturned

Jeremy Reaban
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Back to what makes Ethshar my favorite series. It's usually something of a low key series, but the last novel (Relics of War) was so low key that nothing ever happened except a guy and his sister walking in his woods to talk to a half-demon and constantly turning up their palms.

But this, while still fairly low key, actually features things happening. Essentially a wizard moves into his uncle's house (who is renting) and discovers some of the statues are people turned to stone. Being a nice guy,
Ymar Solamo
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Starganderfish
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another ripping great Ethshar yarn

I've been a fan of Lawrence Watt-Evans for more than 25 years, ever since I stumbled across his first Ethshar novel "The Misenchanted Sword" in my school library. Since then I've tracked down pretty muchvery one of his books and I eagerly await each new release.
Ethshar is a classic fantasy world with magic, monsters and some really great storytelling. Light hearted and fun, they still make you think.
Stone Unturned has some new ideas and new writing techniques f
Uri Margalit
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LWE is back in top form!
Plenty of magical hi-jinx action, interesting characters and viewpoints.
Feels like a return to his epic tales of old instead of a novella.
The story and events there off adds too his world lore instead of just being set in the world.
I love the details about how wizardry works (more please?)
Let’s face it Ethshar is great but we come for the misenchanted swords, pocket universes and flying castles.
Lyle Blosser
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have
A wonderful tale, and fitting addition to the Legends of Ethshar universe. The author wove together a number of seemingly disparate threads into a seamless tapestry involving multiple types of magic and believable characters who readers will be happy to root for. The Ethshar world is so large and rich that one hopes there are a large number of these stories still to be written.
Allen McDonnell
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent addition to Ethshar!

It had been a few years since I caught up with my Ethshar reading, and this is the last of the books I had shelved. This novel recaptures the fun, with twists and turns, hardship and adventure that made me fall in love with Ethshar when I got my hands on the first novel, The Misenchanted Sword
Stephen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another excellent Ethshar volume.

Great story weaving, excellent character development. Wish it were the first in a multi volume work....oh right it’s not the first it’s the latest in an illustrious line of writing.
Vitaliy Hristyuk
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good story!

So far my favourite Etshar story was With a single spell... But this one at least rivaling it. Good and engrossing story!
Noah Sturdevant
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy new entries in this series. The changes in perspective were a little confusing at first, but eventually, it all made sense. Maybe my fault for not paying enough attention.
Nina Usherwood
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A typical Ethshar novel. Fun, light and fast read. I love the series
Tom Coonradt
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Fast read, witty and fun. My second favorite, with a single spell is still my favorite, but I will gladly return to this one. A couple twists I didn't see coming.
Howard Brazee
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun fantasy in the author's Ethshar universe. Characters are likable, the magic and the plot was interesting.
David Houston
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read. Not quite as wonderful as some of the earlier Ethshar books, IMO, but well worth the price and the reading.
Eric Mcelveen
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fun read
Mike
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Right up my alley: a book full of magic-users, with a (main) protagonist who's simply motivated by doing the right thing, because he's a good person.

The author describes this series as "light-hearted," and if by that he means "not dark and tragic and full of angst" then I endorse that description. It's refreshing to have sword-and-sorcery tales that aren't packed with antiheroes, and I will be checking out the rest of this series (which consists mostly of standalones that can be read out of ord
Andrew Clough
John lawless
May 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add book to series 3 12 Oct 20, 2018 11:20PM

Ethshar (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Misenchanted Sword (Ethshar, #1)
  • With a Single Spell (Ethshar, #2)
  • The Unwilling Warlord (Ethshar, #3)
  • The Blood of a Dragon (Ethshar, #4)
  • Taking Flight (Ethshar, #5)
  • The Spell of the Black Dagger (Ethshar, #6)
  • Night of Madness (Ethshar, #7)
  • Ithanalin's Restoration (Ethshar, #8)
  • The Spriggan Mirror (Ethshar, #9)
  • The Vondish Ambassador (Ethshar, #10)