Start by marking “Black Ruins Blood (The Elders #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Ruins Blood (The Elders #2)

Black Ruins Blood

(The Elders #2)

I thought coming to the Black Ruins Forest would give me the answers to the questions I so desperately needed. Instead I have more questions and no answers.

Now here I am trying to figure out how to destroy the oldest and strongest dragons who are the Elders to become the next ruler of Zilo. No problem, right? Yeah, not as easy as it sounds.

The forest will only keep us a
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published February 24th 2018 by Zombie Cupcake Press

To ask other readers questions about Black Ruins Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Ruins Blood

Nikki
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Black ruins blood picks up right where Book 1 left off. It was so adventurous and such a fun ride. This book was exactly what I was hoping for in book 1. I enjoyed the dragon training so much and I cracked up when she kept yelling in everyone’s mind and couldn’t figure out how to tone it down or direct it. I also found it extremely interesting how her Dragon and their selves were different souls and could communicate with each other. We also got to see more of the other forest shifters, which I ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Black Ruins Blood Picks up where they left off. It kept my eyes glued to the pages to find out what was happening next. Can’t wait for the next book to come out.

Dariya has learned more about her powers. She has also learned that even though you take down one evil there is still more out there, almost seems like more than she can handle. In the midst of everything, her best friend Kira finally shifts and gets bonded with her true mate. Kira’s shifter animal is one that has not been
Carrie Pack
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
it was a fantastic book I loved that dariya and the dragons and kira all have become a family unit and she learns to let people into her life and she becomes better for it. but dariya still has so many obstacles in her way and with the help of her friends she must over come them all to one day be ruler
Arceli
*I have received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, I really liked reading this novel. It was a great follow up novel to an already awesome first installment. This novel has a lot of action and twists and turns. I really liked how the heroine took charge in the novel and embraced her destiny. Instead of usually getting a whiny heroine, I got a super spunky fun girl. In addition, I really liked the slow-burn romance in the series. It is always a great way to add a nice touch of swe
Jamie Kocurek
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I felt like I was picked up ad dropped in the middle of Zilo! Karen really just picks you up and drops you in the middle of everything going on!
Jennifer Zamora
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a continuation of Black Ruins Forest. You do have to read these in order, and know this is a serial not a series. That being said, they are a really fun twist filled, YA set. The characters are overall wonderfully developed and easy to fall in with. You will find yourself really wanting to either smack some characters while wanting to hug others.
In this book the groups has been led to the forest where theyre supposed to get answers. Instead they find themselves with way more questions.
Maria Arnold
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black Ruins Blood is another amazing book to the Elder Series!

Picking up where Black Ruins Forest ends, the gang that Black Ruins Forest would provide all the answers they needed. But all it brought was more questions with than answers. Hiding from the Elders, Dariya and the gang seeks answers in how to destroy the Elders. I absolutely love this book. The characters continues to grow, with great chemistry between them. Talk about one roller coaster of a ride! A definite must read!
LEAH ANN
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it - Need next book!

I am so loving this series!!! I love shifter book and especially dragon shifters! Dariya and Kiernan are my favorites and the chemistry between them is smoldering. I love all of the main characters. Some make me laugh out load and some make me roll my eyes and shake my head. There two parts in this book that had me in full on tears. I am so looking forward to the next book!
Georgia
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of Karen Dubose's The Elder Series and it's even better. This book picks up where the first book left off. The characters and the storyline are gteat and couldn't put it down. A must read.

Shweta Beriwal
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd thrilling book is as amazing the 1st turned out to be.

With a host of new characters along with the much loved older ones, this book was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Darya's growth as an individual is beautifully shown.

I hate that the book ends at a cliff hanger and can't wait for the next in series to come in.
Deborah
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black Ruins Blood is the second book in the Elder series and was amazing! I enjoyed every moment of this story and once I started reading I couldn’t put it down. This is a fast paced easy read full of twists and turns, action packed, funny and romantic. I cannot say enough about this writer and I highly recommend her. I can’t wait to start the next book in the series!
Tanya
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She thought going back would give her the answers she needs but she ends up with more questions. She has gained a huge family but even more enemies. She will need to kill a Dragon to keep them all safe. What will she do? Can she keep them all safe? See if she can

Valarie Venuti
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only complaint I have with this book is it ended to soon!! Omg !! I love it! karen does such a fabulous job with her writing. Her stories are quite amazing and you never want them to end. Dariya Kiernan and the rest of their pack are just amazing and i cant get enough!!
Felicia Semmler
Fast paced and action packed. Book 2 picks up right where book 1 ended and its go go go from page 1. This world is intense and hard to put down. I can’t wait to start book 3 and see what else is in store for the pack
Staci
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very deep character perspective.

Lots of information for anyone just at the cusp of adulthood. Inpossabile to take without the help of many friends. Some from the most unexpected sources.
Pam
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by this author! It picks up right where the first 1 left off. The depth and details in the characters, events, and the family bond is amazing. Can't wait for the next book in this series!
Dawn Massie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An easy, fast paced read that makes you want more! Lots if twists turns and excitement that makes you want to know whats next! Fantastic series!!
Charlotte
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters. Great story. This has some extremely mild sex stuff, but nothing explicit. Good for ages 14 and up.
KaSondra Palomino
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The series is amazing, the characters are relatable so much action and adventure. I am sad that it is over.
Patricia Egan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story line is addicting, the characters are interesting and you just want to keep reading to see how everything comes together. I almost cried towards the end. You will have to read to see why.
Chantel Small
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story.

I really enjoyed the love/soul bond of the characters in the story. And when she founds out about their little surprise. The paranormal love story is great. The hybrid feature gives and other world feel. The battle scene is great. Also when she feels the power of Jax that he has been hiding from everyone. Great paranormal story.
Anna Lyman
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG. Second book is amazing. Watching Kira figure out her dragon, screaming in everyone else's brain, trying to control her emotions especially her lust for her love which everyone else could feel. She is absolutely amazing. She is a true leader and the trials she and her dragons face to put her where she belongs always keep you on the edge of your seat. Cliffhanger hell. On to next book.
Kara
Mar 22, 2019
Scarolet Ellis
Black Ruins Blood by Karen Dubose is a wonderful story to read. This is book number two in this series that I am falling so in love with. It has stron characters and a wonderful story line and I can not wait to see what comes next.

Amy Vantries
Colette Samimi
Apr 22, 2019
Maria Varley
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series and doesn't disappoint. Dariya has been on the run and has finally found her shifter animal however she somehow gets a sosw of magic everyone thought extinct can she handle it and learn to control it? Kira also shifts for the first time and has everyone shocked at her animal since the Elders killed them all. To top this off Dariya also ends up with more evil to sort out before she can go defeat the Elders.
If you want to find out what's happened since the la
Kalli Bunch
Onyinye Akpanisi
Feb 27, 2018
Carl R.
Feb 27, 2018
Karen grew up outside of Chicago with her mom, dad and two older brothers. Being the only girl and the baby was hard when your brothers thought it was a good idea to make her the guinea pig. They both were in wrestling and they used her to learn new moves. Fun for them not so much for her. Family means everything to her and she wouldn’t have changed a thing.

She traveled a lot and has finally sett

The Elders (2 books)
  • Black Ruins Forest (The Elders #1)