Start by marking “Fallout Girl (Hollywood Lights #5)” as Want to Read:
Fallout Girl (Hollywood Lights #5)

Fallout Girl

(Hollywood Lights #5)

From the #1 Amazon bestselling author of Entanglement.

Fractured family, deadly secrets, and a woman on the run in L.A.

The day she buries her mother, Miranda George jumps on a plane from North Carolina, telling no one where she's heading. She wants to disappear and start over. She arrives on the Los Angeles doorstep of college friend Daphne Saito, and even though Miranda ha
ebook, 1, 275 pages
Published May 7th 2018 by Blue Crow Books

Start your review of Fallout Girl (Hollywood Lights #5)
Sonja Yoerg
The best thing about being young is believing you can replace your supremely messed-up family with a group of friends. The worst thing about being young is figuring out it isn’t that simple—blood relatives or not, it’s always down to you.
Miranda, the Fallout Girl, escapes to L.A. after her mother’s death and falls into the safety net of friends who are more loyal than she can handle. Because Miranda is emotionally radioactive, or thinks she is, she blows up relationships like they don’t matter.
Susan Peterson
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Miranda hops on a plane to Los Angeles the day of her mother’s funeral, she doesn’t have much of a plan beyond crashing with her friend from college. She is running from something...from her family, from her past, from herself. Miranda is a fascinating character...on the surface she’s selfish and aloof, but it is clear she is hurting and broken. She is not very likable at first...Miranda doesn’t make it easy for anyone to like her, let alone love her, but by the time her story and her pain ...more
Sandra Block
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A dangerous, sexy, motorcycle ride of a story, which pulls off the feat of being both humorous and heartbreaking at the same time. Pryal brings us a strong, yet vulnerable heroine, and doesn’t shy away from the darker side of mental illness. You’ll be racing through the pages and rooting for Miranda the whole way.
Karissa Laurel
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading the Hollywood Lights series for a while, and I also read the prequel novella (How to Stay), so I'm well immersed into universe, and this is not my first time meeting Miranda George. While you certainly could read this story on its own and enjoy it, you'll miss out on a lot of depth if you don't read the other Hollywood Lights stories (and especially "How to Stay") first.

Don't let the cover of this book fool you. If you see that pretty woman in the bright yellow dress and expect
Janna
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
** I received this book from the publisher via the LibraryThing Early Reviewers program. **

I enjoyed this book. I guessed early on what Miranda's deal was, but that's what I do. ;)

Some characters I liked more than others; what matters to me is whether or not the characters are believable in their actions and reactions.

Fair warning to potential future readers: there is a scene about attempted murder, overdose, and a gun; more than one attempted suicide; talk about suicidal ideation; and a medical
Danielle
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
I received an advanced copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. WHOA! Fast-paced, well-written roller coaster of a book! Loved the dynamic of all the characters who say having all the money in the world leads to happiness! This isn’t the case for the George family.
Diane Perry
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Blue Crow Publishing for this book. I was not expecting this story. I thought at first I wasn't going to like Miranda, and she makes it difficult. But then the story unfolds and my heart grew for her. I love the story and the way the author brought mental illness to light in this book. Great job! ...more
poppy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth book in the series but the first one I have read and it easily read as a standalone. This was a really well-written book that deals with a tough subject in a really good way and very realistic but I did not like the Miranda and she never grew on me either I did like some of the others though. Overall it was not a bad read and I would try more from the series.
Chrissie Gerber
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am always hesitant to read stories about mental illness because very few writers can portray this correctly (as something we live with daily, not something to get over and be cured off). So, going into this book, there were some reservations about whether I'll find this book worth it.

First off, Miranda is that character that you'd love to hate most of the time, and, at the start of the book, I really did. I wanted to shake her so many times. But then you get to know her story and her backgroun
Sarah Jackson
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miranda George is on the run. On the run from her life, her past, her family, and herself. Following the death of her mother, Miranda takes off to Los Angeles in search of a place to hide. She seeks out former acquaintance Daphne Saito, an unreliable college friend, in the hopes of finding someone more messed up, vain and selfish than herself. After all, who’s going to notice another damaged person hanging out with the ‘beautiful people’ of LA? Much to her surprise, old friends Daphne and Greta, ...more
Rebecca
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Based on the description of this book and the cover, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Fallout Girl is so much deeper than it initially seems. It covers mental health and suicide in a way that is deep, real, and sometimes hard to read. It certainly could be a trigger for some people. But, the writing was superb-it was obvious that the author knows her stuff-and the plot pulled you in from page one. Fallout Girl is a great book, but certainly not your mindless beach read. I will defin ...more
Debra Oliva
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miranda goes to Los Angeles after her mother’s funeral with no plans; she ends up crashing with a college friend. She is running from her dysfunctional family and from herself because she has always put her family first and herself last. She buys herself a motorcycle, moves in with an aging star, and tends to chase off her friends.
She finally starts to realize that she matters too and makes up with the guy she likes only to find the aging star having a heart attack.
I think this book holds a mirr
Rachael Carter
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book from library things in return for my honest review.
I have not read the first 4 books of this series. not sure if it would help or not.
But this was a good read. it could be a trigger due to it being about a mental health disorder.
But it's about a girl who comes from a wealthy family. she gave up her own life to take care of her mother who was bi polar. she came to learn she was as well
her life is a huge roller coaster ride that would have ended if she didn't love her brothe
Christie Sitterly
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katie Rose Guest Pryal’s characters are mesmerizing! They are larger than life but have problems that make them so relatable to the reader. Guest Pryal is not afraid to delve into the darker side of the human condition, tackling topics such as suicide and bipolar disorder. I truly enjoyed this continuation of Miranda’s story. Brief mentions of situations that occurred in previous novels of the Hollywood Lights’ series guarantee that I will be reading the books that I have missed!
Michelle
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: librarything
I received an Early Reviewers copy of Fallout Girl from LibraryThing. I enjoyed the book, but I did not like Miranda. I definitely did not like her brother. Even after I found out why Miranda ended up where she did, I struggled to find anything to change my mind about her. Fallout Girl is the 5th in a series, but it’s the first one I’ve read, so it’s not necessary to read the others.
Noreen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Book rated at 3.5
Miranda and her brother Charlie live the life of luxury but it's hardly a wonderful life. Running from the death of her mother and a diagnosis, Miranda moves to LA to escape. The story will take you on a wild ride of money, Hollywood living, risk taking, secrets and family vs friends.
Heidi
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
It is not the kind of book I read but it was sent to me as a freebie.
It is readable but that's about as far as it goes.
I found the characters stereotypical and quite unlikable.
Lauren Faulkenberry
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I love: a fast-paced, thoughtful plot, strong, well-defined characters, and a huge heart. I've read very few novels that portray a character with mental illness as a whole person, and don't focus entirely on the illness. Pryal has woven a dynamic, humorous, heartfelt story that shows us so many facets of Miranda. Complex and captivating, this story will stay with you long after the last page. I'm a big fan of the entire Hollywood Lights series, but this might be my favor ...more
EruditeAF Literary Symposium
I always feel bad when a book has serious subject matter and I don't love it as much as I feel I should. Such is the case with this book. We have a main character who is dealing with untreated bipolar disorder and a whole range of other life issues that have really beaten her down and left her running from her life in North Carolina out to LA.

My first issue with this book was the timeline and pacing. Everything happened way too fast. Serious relationships were formed...friends were considered "
Carrie
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this book directly from the author via the Bloom with Tall Poppies Writers Facebook page. Thank you! Relatable characters, great story, perfect ending. The author interview at the end was also a perfect postscript to this amazing book.
Megan
Jun 11, 2018
Amy Impellizzeri
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A vulnerable, fresh story of the jagged nature of love and life. The jet-setting characters are at once exotic and compelling, but with her raw truth, Pryal takes us on a journey far beyond the Hollywood lights her story is set under.
Lauren Bauer
Aug 31, 2018
Em
Jun 02, 2018
Katie
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cheryl
rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2018
Blue Crow Publishing
Aug 23, 2018

• Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24)
  • The Season of Silver Linings (Sweet Lake, #3)
KATIE ROSE GUEST PRYAL is the author of novels, including ENTANGLEMENT, CHASING CHAOS, and FALLOUT GIRL, and nonfiction, including LIFE OF THE MIND INTERRUPTED: Essays on Mental Health and Disability in Higher Education and EVEN IF YOU'RE BROKEN: Essays on Sexual Assault and #MeToo. She writes for CATAPULT, the CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION, and other magazines. She lives in North Carolina.

(See m

Hollywood Lights (5 books)
  • Entanglement (Hollywood Lights #1)
  • Love and Entropy (Hollywood Lights #2)
  • Chasing Chaos (Hollywood Lights #3)
  • How to Stay (Hollywood Lights #4)