Start by marking “Broken” as Want to Read:

Broken

(The Drazen World)

I’m broken.

Beaten. Desensitized. Subhuman.

I’m a psychology grad student. I know all about repressed trauma. I know the dangers of burying your suffering, letting it eat away at you until you’re nothing but a shell.

I also don’t care.

This is my nightmare, and I’ll decide when I want to wake up.

Deacon Bruce claims he can help me, and it’ll only take one night.
He offers
Kindle Edition
Published January 25th 2018 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

Torie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: published-2018
I loved this book so much!

Jacqueline was numb. After some really bad stuff happened she met Deacon. He was wanting to help heal her by making her feel pain. Could that work? Would she be willing to do what he said to try to be able to connect with her feelings again?

This is the first book I have read that Bree Dahlia has written. I will be looking up more of her books especially the ones connected to this one.
Elaine Wilson
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a short read, but it was still worthy of five stars in my eyes, because Bree Dahlia broached a subject that a lot of authors either tend to stay away from, over dramatise, or simply get it wrong.
Miscarriage.

When I first realised what Jacque's issue was, I wasn't sure if I wanted to carry on reading.
You see I know, first hand, what it's like to lose your babies.

The feeling is horrible. You feel useless, because the one job that is solely yours and yours alone, you couldn't even manage th
Kayla Eklund
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I haven't liked a lot of the Kindle Worlds books that I've read, but I did greatly enjoy this one. There was something different about it that I really liked. I thought that the author captured Deacon's character really well.
Meg K
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emotional

Broken is a story unlike any I’ve read before. It’s a brief glimpse into Jaque. One event that changed her life.

Reading it, I almost felt the emotions she was going through. There were parts that were downright uncomfortable but added to the overall effect of the story. There is a lot of dark here. It was a very interesting read!
Crystal Gray
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow

I don't even know what to say about this. This author and series are me to me. I'm going to have to check both out. This novella was a quick dark read.
Lailani Ramos Metzler
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Completely unexpected amazingness

So I gave this Novella a 4 star rating because it's amazingly short and it feels more like a short story. However, it's content is pure gold. I love this Deacon back story. He's such an intriguing character and now I want to know more. I loved how much detail the author was able to pack into those 50 pages. I absolutely thought it was brilliant how she tied the end of her story with the beginning of CD Reiss' Forbidden. Just wow. Great story. But yes, a little to
K. Nilsson
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His eyes say, let me hurt you. It will be ok, I promise.

Deacon Bruce was the exorcist of emotional pain. His silent seduction wasn't just through his eyes, but his fingers, the tone of his voice, the promise of relief. He wasn't dispensing a mercy beating to a willing masochist. No, Jacque's pain was purposeful, dispensed by someone who took sadistic pleasure in the doing.

Sadism is hard to understand on its own but Bree portrayed Deacon as a well-meaning sadist. Pardon me while I stifle my gig
Linda
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am volunteering to leave a review for an ARC of this book. Wow. This was a very, very interesting short story. I was absolutely captured from beginning to end. A very interesting therapy indeed. One that works for Jacque. Deacon must be quite the therapist. I hope despite the reason for the book, Bree can continue this. I know Jacque is working, but really, I want her to go to the hospital and nurse Deacon back to health, and that they can have a HEA together. Through the dark, I really felt t ...more
J.M. Kelley
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing short story, packed with lots of raw, dark emotion. Jacqueline is a broken woman and Deacon has a very unconventional way of putting her back together again. Jacqueline appears in Bree Dahlia's Transforming Julia Series. Deacon Bruce appears in CD Reiss's Forbidden Series. Putting these two characters together was ingenious. The story is a well written, unique and creative, bringing the characters and setting to life. Ms. Dahlia is a new Author to me and I can't wait to dive into the ...more
Jami Merrick
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic. So much story pack into a Novella but it’s not crowded or muddled. Clear, beautifully written characters that fit so well together, I can’t wait to see where they go. Incredibly sexy, a bit dark, but not too much. Sometimes the only way to rid ones self of internal pain is to externalize it, a lesson learned by Jacqueline one night after meeting an intriguing stranger. Again, can’t wait for the next book! I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review.
Ann (Fanni Ann)
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first introduction into the Drazen World and my oh my, this story from Bree Dahlia is really good. It's well written and the characters are awesome, Deacon really knows how to pull emotions, not just from Jacque but from the reader too.

I received a copy and voluntarily leave my own thoughts
Terri Oconnell
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic
I loved this quick story and the entertaining way it explains how Jacqueline became who she became. It was also another look into Deacon’s mind. He sure knows how to pick the right person to fix. Ms. Dahlia’s writing brings the characters and setting to life. Highly recommend this quick read.
Tina
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mystery man Deacon offers up his unique form of therapy to psychology student, Jacque, who is in deep emotional pain. She needs help but is in denial until he made her feel. Deacon Bruce taught her a lesson she won't forget.
Doreen Frantz
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this read. Loved CD Reiss Drazen World and to find another book set in the same world…awesome. And this book did not disappoint. Grab it today…you will not regret this!
Sandra Ceravolo
Mar 20, 2019
Bree Dahlia
Jan 29, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
description
Tiffany
Feb 11, 2018
coralito ramirez
Feb 12, 2018
Bree Dahlia is an unconventional romance junkie. Her stories range from lighthearted to sizzling with that satisfying happily-ever-after ending and a touch of the unexpected. She favors themes of friendship, forgiveness, and unconditional love with alpha characters and eccentric tastes.

Her next book: The Solemn Vow is releasing July 11

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Bree-Dahlia/e/...
Facebook: https

The Drazen World (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Run (Run, #1)
  • Unraveled
  • Release
  • Color Me Wicked
  • The California Limited
  • Girl in Bath (Girl in Paris, #1)