Start by marking “The Bodyguard (Kisses and Crimes, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bodyguard (Kisses and Crimes, #1)

The Bodyguard

(Kisses and Crimes #1)

I woke up this morning with everything a woman could ever live for.

A beautiful home. A sexy-as-sin husband.

My only issue, you might ask? I don't remember any of it.

***

It's not every day you wake up to the man of your dreams.

Literally.

Last night, I went to sleep and met a stranger in my nightmare. Today, I wake up to him in my bed.

He calls me his wife. I call "Bull."

Until I
Published September 28th 2016 by Wrye Writing

To ask other readers questions about The Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bodyguard

Start your review of The Bodyguard (Kisses and Crimes, #1)
Coco.V
Jan 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/25/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
All I have of him are flashes of memories, vivid nightmares.
But when I wake up to last night's dream man in my bedroom, who do I believe? My head... or my heart?

________________________________________

Daniela Bishop has everything to live for.

A beautiful loft in the south of France. A gorgeous albeit brooding man who looks at her as if she’s his last meal.

Too bad she doesn’t remember any of it.

A life she never knew with a lover she doesn’t recognize?

It
Liz
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Say hello to Dani.
Is this your first time meeting her?
Good. This is Dani’s first time meeting her, too."

Daniela wakes up one morning on the sound of rain pouring outside her window. Only she doesn't recognize the pillows or the bedsheets or the floor. Or the gorgeous tattoed man who just came out of the bathroom. And out of her dreams. She was just dreaming about him.

"I don't know how an imaginary man has suddenly come to life. I don't know how a dream has become real. And i certainly don't wan
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Fool's Gold is the first novel in the Kisses and Crimes series and what a fucking start! I have read all of Natalie's books and I have loved each and every one of them but I fell in love with this book. It was everything I expected in a Natalie book times two. I was hooked from the very first page until the very last. This is Dani and Bishop's crazy story...

Who am I? Where am I? And who the hell is the sexy man with golden eyes with only a white towel around his waist? Those are only a few quest
Denise Vasak
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I wanted to like this book. It had the elements that should have made it work, but it just never got off of the ground. I felt like I was reading a series of thoughts that were never followed through to conclusion. The author starts with amnesia, but the abandons that theme (without a lot of explanation) and then moves to the next thought which is abandoned half way through and so on and so on. There are so many "twists" which are really just random, abrupt shifts in direction.

The plot was slopp
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
Fool's Gold was one of those books that I was so completely excited to read. I was first hooked with the blurb and cover of the book. I said to myself that this is the book I have to read asap. I was so drawn to it. When I was able to get my hands on it, I was not disappointed a t all. Written by Natalie E. Wyre, Fool's Gold is a compelling story of intrigue, action and emotion. I was totally in awe of the story.

Fool's Gold is one of the stories you simply have to read. I do not want to talk a l
Courtney LaSalle
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Natalie E. Wyre and It isn't the only one I have, I own many, so I have to ask myself.... Why did I wait so long? Dani and Bishop are absolutely amazing! This is the first book in a romantic suspense series and Natalie was definitely on point.

I am NOT a fan of romantic suspense, I have high anxiety so not knowing what is going to happen or any mystery in a book kinda of makes me nervous, but this short novel had me on my toes and enthralled the entire time! I absolutely
Samantha Ortegon
When I find out Natalie E. Wyre has released a book, I one-click it as soon as I can. I became a fan of her writing after reading The Games & Diversions Series and just like I knew she would, Natalie out did herself with Fool's Gold.

Imagine waking up and having no memory of who and where you are. That is what Dani Bishop wakes up to, well she also wakes up to a very gorgeous man who she is married to, so why does she want to run away from him? With dreams and memories confusing Dani, she has no
Ayekah
Well WOW! Natalie does it again. The start of a new series and she's off and running with this one.
This story starts in France where we meet Dani who wakes up one morning with no memory, a man who tells her he's her husband, Bishop and that she's not safe. Dani doesn't remember anything.
She doesn't trust Bishop, when he does leave her he locks her in the house which he's turned into a fortress. He's helped by his friend Jackson "Jax" both seeking information and then he's dealing with Dani who
Aimee
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite liked this story. The plot was complex with lots of lovely plot twists. The reason I have only given this story 3 stars is not because I didn't like the concept; however, I think that the execution needs some work. If this story had been edited for content more effectively it would have deserved 5 stars. One example of this is when a character says one thing like (paraphrasing) "He should have done his job and killed your father." And two lines later "We wanted your father where he belon ...more
Ashley Jasper
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it

Well I can say with one hundred percent honesty that my first read from Natalie Wrye had more twists and turns than I ever expected. The Bodyguard started with a literal bang and I just had to know what happened.

I liked how things kinda went in reverse for Bishop and Dani and that I was playing catch-up trying to sort out all the pieces. Much like they were. I could feel the tension in their back and forth. But I could also feel the love they had for each other.

This book was intense and from one
Andrea Mccormick
Hard to follow

While I love this storyline, at times I felt like it was hard to follow all the characters. There is a lot of information that is given to you in this book, there is a lot of information that is not given to you until the very end, which is great, but at times I felt as lost as Dani.
Christa
Apr 21, 2018 marked it as unread-freebies  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
I’m such a sucker for amnesia storylines.
Brenda .
Apr 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got this as a free book and I had hopes for the book. So didn't pan out. I only read a few chapters and sooooo didn't like the characters. Just horrible abrasive characters. Definitely not for me. ...more
S.P. Aruna
The amnesia premise was hard to swallow, and so this suspenseful romance naturally fell a bit short
Priscilla Robinson
Great storyline

I really enjoyed the storyline although it was a little confusing to read. I’m not sure if it was because the story included memories which were clearly outlined I should add but it would get confusing sometimes by the narrative being spoken.
Meiwilli
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The Bodyguard or Fool's Gold?

Fool's Gold is probably a more accurate title...you know, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

Good morning stranger...

Dani Bishop, aka, Daniella Maria Gabriela Gafanelli, wakes up to amnesia and a half-naked hot man in her bedroom who claims to be her husband. Not only does he look good with his washboard abs, dark hair, and chiseled features, he can cook too! But something seems amiss to Dani--what is she recovering from?! When Dani finds out th
Helena Rizzuto
Natalie has done it again!! She's twisted and bent my mind and I've never been happier to have it done!

That being said...... this book is freaking epic!! From the plot (which is legit going to leave you going holy !!!!) to the characters.... FYI.... Bishop is MINE! This book is guaranteed to kidnap the reader and leave them with one epic book hangover and begging and pleading for the next book.

With a very well planned out and executed story line, I found myself spellbound with Dani and the way
Jamie
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really struggled to get into this book. It is well written but it felt like it took a long time to actually get into the real depth of the story. I enjoyed the story but really struggled to keep going. Really intrigued by Dani and her story and filling the holes that were left empty by her amnesia.
The Dark Newsletter.com
FREE
→ Free for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

dark

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

cover

BISHOP
I’m not the good guy in this story.

Technically, I’m the bad one.

Because men who kidnap their wives aren’t exactly ushered to the front gates of Heaven.

And the fact that she doesn’t even remember me? Well, that just ensures my one-way ticket to Hell.

My one saving grace: I’ll do anything to make sure my wife Dani is safe after the attack that left her without a memory.

I’ll lie. I'll st
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
→ Free for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

dark

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

cover

BISHOP
I’m not the good guy in this story.

Technically, I’m the bad one.

I’ll lie. I'll st
BookWorm
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I took a chance on this because it was free and I have to say it wasn't as terrible as I feared. There were some good twists but it was a bit all over the place.

Dani gave us glimpses of being a strong badass woman but then she would go off and get drunk. For someone on the run and who needed to stay alert it made no sense at all. But Bishop and Dani seemed to really have a strong connection which was nice.

I don't think I'll be reading any more of this series (well unless they're free, maybe).
Janet
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

I could not put this book down. The intensity, confusion, and breath holding scariness was a wild high.

Dani doesn't know who to trust. Bishop says it's him, but how does she really know? So many things don't add up, but one thing does, and it shouldn't, and that's the raging lust between them.

Bishop is a strong alpha you just want to crawl into. Dani is a strong willed woman who blocks and challenges Bishop at every turn. I loved their chemistry and the race to see if Bishop is w
Little Red
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book totally puzzling and not sure it was by design or an unhappy accident. I failed to warm to the characters and the story line bounced a little too much for my liking. I almost gave up at 70% of the way through but dug my heels in and read to the end. It all ended pretty anti-climactic and I didn't feel the suspense in the way I am sure the author hoped. This was a free book from Amazon. ...more
Mario Venditti
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spicy Intrigue

Spicy intrigue kept me reading and left me wanting to know more about the characters. Didn’t care for the title but couldn’t think of a better one. Hope to see more of the main characters in the rest of the series. And I will definitely continue reading the series. Four stars for plot. Five stars if there was more details in their surroundings and as it emerges- her family.
Cindy Hardegree
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wild ride into the mesmerizing world of crooked FBI agents, the mafia and diabolical political figures where two people find the love they need to survive. Well written, albeit at times confusing as the story reveals the deceit played out on the Bishop's. Great book with a surprising ending. I received this book as an arc and voluntarily am submitting my review. ...more
Kerry H
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More twists and turns than a road through the French Alps.

The first few chapters were a bit confusing but, please, give it time because it becomes a tightly woven plot of intrigue and seduction that slowly unravels. There are more twists and turns than a road through the French Alps, never knowing what's around the next corner! A very entertaining read!
Lucy Roderick
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling!

WOW!! Five stars? We need more! Natalie Wrye is one accomplished writer! I've been lost with Bishop and Dani from the first page. My heart was beating above normal until the end! So much danger amongst these two so devoted to each other. You won't regret this one!
Amanda
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime-romance
Short review. I struggle a little bit at the beginning because it was confusing but once the book found it's rhythm I really enjoyed it. There are many twist and turns throughout the book that will make you unsure of who to really trust. ...more
Rock Chick
Apr 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Clueless female lead.

Plot had potential, the story wasnt engaging.
Donnie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Great story constantly changing to keep you interested to know what is going to happen next. Looking forward to the next book.

• Her Devoted HERO (Black Dawn, #2)
  • Crossed (Crossed, #0.5)
  • Witness (Guardian, #1)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • Rodeo Man (Cameron Cowboys Book 1)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • The Dark Knight's Captive Bride
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • SEAL for Her Protection (SEALs of Coronado, #1)
  • Rescue (Second Chance #1)
  • Burn So Bad (Into the Fire, #3)
  • Justice Inked (Cowboy Justice Association, #7)
  • The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)
  • Payback (Vigilante Justice #1)
  • Broken Pieces Series Box Set (Broken Pieces, #1-3)
  • Her Guarded Hero (Black Dawn, #5)
  • The Billionaire Deal
  • By the Light of the Moon (Rise of the Arkansas Werewolves, #1)
Natalie Wrye is a reader, writer and tequila lover best known for writing suspenseful big city romance and characters whose HEA's you'll love rooting for.

A notebook hoarder whose books have been featured on USA Today's HEA and PopSugar, when she's not watching Netflix re-runs or yelling at college basketball games on TV, she's usually crafting sexy suspenseful stories about hard-bodied, take-charg

Kisses and Crimes (3 books)
  • The Investigator (Kisses and Crimes, #2)
  • The Imposter (Kisses and Crimes, #3)

News & Interviews