Start by marking “Blood Crossed A Piper & Payne Supernatural Thriller Book 1” as Want to Read:
Blood Crossed A Piper & Payne Supernatural Thriller Book 1

Blood Crossed A Piper & Payne Supernatural Thriller Book 1

(Netherworld Paranormal Police Department #1)

She never wanted a damn partner...

Meet Piper Shaw. She's one of the Netherworld Paranormal Police Department's toughest. She's also an immortal, and she's got one hell of a chip on her shoulder.

Meet Reaper Payne. He's an actual reaper. Yes, one of those guys who ferries the dead. Unfortunately, he broke a rule of his order, and it was a doozy. His punishment is to dwel
Kindle Edition
Published January 25th 2018 by Crimson Myth Press

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Crossed A Piper & Payne Supernatural Thriller Book 1

Noah K.
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun new characters that Ian Dex fans will enjoy.

Piper and Reaper Payne may share a world with Ian Dex, but the retrievers have a much different job than the Vegas PPD.

Piper is a bit more grounded and realistic, but she is fun and engaging in her own way. She also reads like a real person, instead of being a mix of badass woman stereotypes.

I like that this companion series brings something new to the universe, while still being comfortable to existing fans. Also, Reaper is a blast.
Denise King
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the Ian Dex world. I have read, and enjoyed, all the Ian Dex novels. That being said, I Love Piper and Reaper, they have surpassed Ian and his crew in my affections. Piper is a highly efficient lone wolf Retriever (think Marshalls to Ian Dex's police detectives), who gets stuck with a new partner who she feels she will have to protect instead of doing her job. His glowing eyes, and previous life as a grim reaper are constantly getting on her nerves. Then the poor girl is furthe ...more
Sonali Chakravorty
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Once again, Kindle Unlimited hit pay dirt. I came across the series when crusing for something to read and found a gem. A paranormal police force story - saasy main female lead, a reaper partner and interesting side kicks. Throw in an arch nemesis, some cool powers on both sides, a bit of a mystery and a humor laced partnership and you have a hit on your hands.

I liked Piper. she takes life with a dose of humor, there is no central romance or insta love she is mooning over and has a cynical, sarc
Amy Robertson
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new series by Logsdon and Young set in the Paranormal Police Department universe where the Ian Dex series grabbed me hook, line and sinker! This story is about different characters-bounty hunters-charged with finding rouge paranormals and bringing them back to the netherworld for justice (if they can get by without killing them first). Piper, the main character, does not want to be part of a team, does not want a partner and really doesn't want to mentor anyone, especially the ones she ...more
Natalie Fallon
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastically funny paranormal police department series
This fantastically funny urban fantasy series about Piper and Payne from the Netherworld Paranormal Police Department is linked to, but still works if you haven't read, the Ian Dex series which started with The Merging. The humour is there from the start and the Netherworld team are all the better for being fun, sarcastic and neither perfect nor pc. There is a great mixture of laugh out loud humour, action and storyline in this first
Maryann Sims
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a look a different part of the PPD. Piper and her partner Payne, or Reap as he is better known, are Retrievers for the PPD. Dealing with Sups that don't return to the Underworld for regen.
Piper is the old hand in the business and is having a hard time with Reap who use to be a Reaper, and has a few secrets. Other than his glowing eyes, and Piper search for sunglasses to help him not glow so much. This introduces Pecker a goblin that is full of surprises. And the biggest fight or whether
Scott
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great new adventure in the PPD world

A great new series based in the PPD world with Ian dex books.
This is a more mainstream book with less Ian dex humour to the forefront but just as much skill whilst being slightly darker and more focused on an Ian dex antithesis. The underworld has many a runaway and its up to the PPD sub department of Retrievers to catch them. This has more magic and a strong female lead with an interesting rookie partner with expanded powers but less grit.
An excellent additi
Kathy
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
The writing isn't bad, and the dialogue is reasonably decent at moving the story along, but the lack of character depth an superficial world building leave me cold.

Please see my full review here: http://www.morebooksthantime.com/bloo...
Emma Fearon
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am impressed!

I was recommended this book by someone who knew I like Orlando Sanchez's books. What a great find! It is quick paced with good characters, there's no big, hard slog explanations about this fantasy world. Instead it carries you along on the adventure.

Highly recommended!
Carolyn Fielding
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First in a new series from John and Christopher and I think this will be another hit like the Ian Dex books. Piper is a Retriever for the Paranormal Police Department and she has a new partner: he's a Reaper - which has some unexpected consequences. A great mix of humour and suspense, this is a partnership that I can't wait to see develop in the next book.
Karsyn
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Same world as the Ian Dex series, the Retrievers are part of the Netherworld Police, rather than a city, like Dex is.

Enjoyable, but NOT as good as the Dex series. Ian and EQK take the cake in that series, they are so funny. A couple of giggle worthy moments in this book, and a good story but the characters just aren't as good yet. Still, solid enjoyable book!
Larry Tushman
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book 1 set in the PPD universe. Enjoyed the new cast of characters. Full of action, hilarity, and questions as new partners try to figure each other out in the midst of unraveling the villain's scheme. A worthwhile read.
Wende
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new series for me

Amazon did me a great service by recommending me this book. It was funny and snarky. Just what I needed. It is a fun and quick book to enjoy on a quiet Saturday morning.
Michelle
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Greatfun

A well written book. The first in a series also connected to the Ian Dex and Mark vedis books. I found in funny, full of snark and action. Looking forward to reading the rest!
Liz Urbancic
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
And guys with powers good guys with powers lot of action

Story had a lot of action but maybe not enough story line so the jury is still out on the series. Reaper was interesting. Kind of reminded me of the movie RIPD with vampires and werewolves.
Chris Hutchinson
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun Read

John Logsdon on his Facebook Page asks who of his characters is my favorite? Well as of right now it is Reap. He has popped up in my genre feed multiple times. So why not was not disappointed in the least.
Shelly
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun new characters in the Ian Dex PPD world! If you enjoyed Ian Dex Series, you will like this one just as much! Main character is a female, Piper, this time who gets an strange and unwelcome new partner. Let the adventures begin.
Jan
Shelves: finished
A new spin off series that is just perfect, Piper and Payne, what a combination!
Another fast paced, funny and enjoyable story that draws you in and won't let go.
This is another set of characters which goes perfectly with Ian Dex and co.
Looking forward to the next in the series
Sarah Jones
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I read this after reading the Ian Dex books based in the same world. I enjoyed those greatly and was worried these wouldn't live upto the same level - i was wrong! Gripped from the first chapter til the last!
PJ Lea
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
📚📚📚📚📗

A fun and very messy book! Messy as in things that go boom, that is. Having a reaper on the team is a great idea, I really enjoyed it.
Jcad6169
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Perfect series for beach reading. Light, entertaining, not too long. Though the stories are good enough to leave one wishing they were longer! Highly recommended.
Mapscat
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action

This series hasn’t failed to disappoint yet. Good characters and interesting stories make this an exciting and fast paced universe!
Lindi Bassett
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

It was a fast read but very interesting! Action packed so if that’s your ticket this will fit the bill!!
Shelley Olds
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and humorous. Great tension and otherworldly. We read all three of this series and wanted more! Very quick reads
Amanda
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun entry

A fun entry in the PPD stories. Quick story that's obviously building into something bigger. If Reap can turn the high beams down!!
Angela McLean
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

I really enjoyed reading this book. Just read all night. Looking for the next one to start right away. Might get some sleep now.
Dick SantaCruz
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Series

Lots of interesting characters. Action is non stop. I like reaper with his unique powers. Pipper is a little over the top, but likeable.
Sheila Pettrey
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, enjoyable, has some unexpected plot twists.
Karen
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liked this one

Great book, I'll be reading the next one. Would like to know more background on the characters. Give it a try.
Sam
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid start

Off to a good start. While the story is short it develops well. The characters almost the same path. More to learn about them, but you don't feel rushed to know it all.
  • Demon Moon (Prof Croft, #1)
  • Angel Eyes (Wildcat Wizard #4)
  • A Proper Hellhound: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Blaze Ignites (Scourge Survivor #1)
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • Thresher: A Deep Sea Thriller
  • Phoenix Rising: A novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Mass Hysteria
  • Heart Search (Celta's Heartmates, #10)
  • Escape from Dead City
  • The Broken Sword
  • Slimer
  • Scorpion Strike
  • Kill Hill Carnage
  • Alpha Underground Trilogy
  • Fire Sorcerer (The Sentinels #1)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com.

Netherworld Paranormal Police Department (5 books)
  • Bane's Edge A Piper & Payne Supernatural Thriller Book 2