Start by marking “Suddenly Forbidden (Gray Springs University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Suddenly Forbidden (Gray Springs University, #1)

Suddenly Forbidden

(Gray Springs University #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  3,310 Ratings  ·  475 Reviews
I thought he'd always be mine,
even when I was forced to say goodbye.

We were never meant to let go,
but it happened anyway.
Too bad I didn’t know someone was waiting to take my place, or I would've held on a lot tighter.

Two years later, we were exactly where we'd always planned to be.
I'd kept my promise.
He'd forgotten all about his.
Not only had he moved on, but the pe
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 295 pages
Published January 24th 2018

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Suddenty Forbidden (stand-alone). Star-crossed lovers meet again when their love suddenly has become forbidden!

“Sadness encompassed me, washing over my head like a bucket of ice water as it dawned on me that he wasn’t mine to stare at anymore.”

Books in Gray Springs University series are stand-alones:
Book 1: Suddenly Forbidden
Book 2: Bittersweet Always
Book 3: Pretty Venom

Suddenly Forbidden (stand-alone) opens up to College freshmen Daisy June Daniels, Dais arriving at school in hopes
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Suddenly Forbidden stole my heart, and it’s still holding it captive. I’ve tried to tell two different people about this book, and both times, I teared up like a little bitch. Let’s see if I can make it through this review without a full on sob fest. Here goes nothing!
“I’m gonna marry you someday, Daisy June.”

photo giphy-152_zpsqhle9abf.gif
Daisy and Quinton, best friends and childhood sweethearts, grew up together, shared every first, and loved each other before they even understood what that meant. Life, a known bitch,
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SUDDENLY FORBIDDEN: Is a standalone full length romance novel by Ella Fields. I’ve read two other books by this author which I really loved so I was super keen to get my grabby little fingers on this book.

In the ’Prologue’ we’re introduced to seven year old Daisy and eight year old Quinn.

Commiserating over a headless rooster that her childhood friend Quinn Burnell was helping Daisy bury was the same day that she realised that Quinn had first stolen a small piece of her seven year old hea
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“This thing called love didn’t work like that. It never played fair”.

A lot of times I talk about my state of mind and how I felt while reading a book. I go into the emotional part, with all of my feelings whether it’s hurt, anger, frustration, joy, or just plain old love and I lay it out there. This story shouldn’t be any different right? I’m going through the emotions as I write this but do you know I feel right now, in this exact moment? Fucked the hell up! I’ve been on a rollercoaster r
Paige
5 “First Love” Stars

Angst lovers rejoice! Ms. Fields has done it again. It hurts so good. A second chance romance that will make your heart race, your emotions go haywire and leave you oh so satisfied.

Daisy and Quinn were childhood sweethearts. But as with life, especially for young people, it got in the way. And as teenagers are wont to do, both made decisons that may have seemed necessary at the time but really maybe weren’t the ones they should have made. Now two years later, they are thrus
Nazanin
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3 “the moon and the stars” Stars

Well, I had a huge characters issue with this story and I should admit the writing was really good but still I didn’t like any of the characters!! I didn’t like Alexis it’s obvious, for what she did was so so wrong but I feel more pity for her! I mostly hate Quinn! (view spoiler)
NMmomof4
2.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm definitely a minority on this one, as this was frustrating for me. The reason for physical separation was understandable and couldn't be helped, but the reason for them not communicating for two years was not understandable for me. I was waiting for a big reveal to explain that somehow they were sabotaged and that would explain why both of them just seemed to give up on their epic love, but it never came. I always feel like I need that understanding when reading a
Karla
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

Nothing better than an author who gets you to break your own dam rules lol!
Like I said before I'm not a fan of love triangles but once in a while I find myself getting caught by a plot and for me this one definitely got my attention. I really appreciate that this authors blurb was so upfront.

This book grabs you right from the start, the emotions you feel with Daisy and Quinn were so intense. There was no doubt how much these two were meant to be with each each other. I loved those
Malene
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading her previous three books Ella Fields still manages to render me speechless and emotional to the core with her flawless and captivating prose and her well developed characters. I devoured Suddenly Forbidden like there was no tomorrow.

I established a connection with Daisy June and Quinton very early on. Ella Fields lays a strong foundation for Daisy and Quinn in the first couple of chapters and I was immediately invested in them and their story. The switch between past and present w
Hanne
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Daisy and Quinn were best friends since they were little and they became a couple when they were in high school. They were inseparable. They were a solid couple and they wanted to be together forever, but then Daisy had to move to a town far away from Quinn’s home. It devastated the both of them. They tried to make it work, but they broke up after a while.

A few years later, Daisy goes to the university she and Quinn always planned to go. She hopes that Quinn is also going there and then maybe sh
Jen
4.5 Gut Wrenching Stars

"You and me … like the moon and the stars, we’re permanent.”

What an emotional rollercoaster. This book wrecked me in a wonderful way and even though I do my best to stay away from young NA books, I'm so glad I gave this a chance. You know what? Sometimes you just need a good book cry.

Given Ella Fields is a new to me author, I wasn't sure what to expect as far as the quality of writing goes, but I was emotionally invested throughout the entire story.

As an FYI this book do
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Daisy and Quinn. I tell you. These two. They were determined to try and break my heart from the very beginning of this story. My chest was hurting from around the 5% mark and didn't settle down until the epilogue. I absolutely loved every second of this book.

Ella Fields totally nailed the NA genre. She captured the tummy butterflies, the pain, the confusion, the guilt, the genuinely overwhelming emotion of teenage love perfectly. This Story is Wow! Simply Wow! Daisy and Quinn's love story is eve
Fre06 Begum
Bev
5 stars and then some ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book!! I'm in absolute awe of Ella Field's genius, I really and truly am. I cried on and off pretty much all the way from the 20% mark, my god does this author know how to pull the feels out of her readers, my gut was in knots. If my hubby said "it's only a damn book" one more time I was going to punch him. For reals. The feels I get from EF's writing is just .... I have no words. I'm sitting here trying to write a review and I've got goosebumps just thinking abou
Jeannine Allison
4.5 stars!

Some facts:

- I don't gravitate toward books with cheating.
- I don't seek out books with love triangles.
- Angsty reads make me nervous as fuck.
- Second chance romances are super dicey for me.

Another fact:

- I LOVED this freaking book! And yes, it had ALL four of these things.

I don't hate cheating, love triangles, angst, or second chance romances, I just haven't found many authors that can pull them off. So the fact that Ella was able to combine all four and make me fall so deeply in love
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4.5 “Moon and Stars” Stars

Young Love, First Love, Forever Love......sometimes love begins to bloom at an early age. It’s love pure and simple. It’s love that Daisy and Quinn know will last the test of time.......until distance separates them.

This story is told in past and present tense in the beginning. Daisy, the sweet, quirky girl who loves to draw, and Quinn, the sweet, protector, football star are kids who grow up together. They are inseparable and form a forever bond. But in present tense,
Serena
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

I beta read this book last month, and I'm STILL thinking about it. My heart literally aches when I think of this love story. Y'ALL GONNA DIE WHEN YOU READ THIS ONE. Just sayin'. GET READ TO FEEL ALL OF THE EVERYTHINGS. DIE ALLLLLL THE DEADS. SWEAR ALL THE SWEARS ( you may even invent some new words). AND MOST CERTAINLY, CRY ALL THE TEARS.

Ella Fields has become one of my favourite authors of all time. She's so good at delivering gut punches you won't even know what hit you.

BLURB

I thought
Jan
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, sports, young-adult
**** 3.75 Stars ****

Available on kindle unlimited.

The MCs are sweethearts. At 16 her family moves away breaking her heart. They grow apart. He spends a year playing hard and getting drunk until finally he gets in a relationship again. With who? the heroine best friend.

Da bitch had an eye on him the whole time and was only waiting for the right moment to jump on his bones.

Three years later, the three of them bump in each other at college. The heroine sees da bitch and him together. Gone are her h
Kristen
1.5 Stars

This book so did not work for me...at all. Interestingly enough, what didn’t work for me had nothing to do with the cheating aspect (hero/heroine cheat together) of the story. In fact, that aspect didn’t bother me at all. I’d actually have to care about the characters for that to happen. What bothered me was everything else. It felt like one annoying “New Adult/Young Adult” cliché after another. Oh, the redundancy. And don’t get me started on the spineless hero and doormat heroine.

I a
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Second-chance Stars!

Suddenly Forbidden by Ella Fields is, I believe, my third book I’ve read by this author. Her artistic prose is what lured me in but her storytelling skill is what has made me an auto-reader. Of the books I’ve read, they’ve varied quite a bit in tropes. One a bit ‘older’ with a cheating component (that I personally love), the next a bit more darker and grittier. Here, with Suddenly Forbidden, we’re gifted with a New Adult second-chance romance.

photo B2B51347-F549-4908-99A7-8E80F60D8ABD_zpsnlk3hvfw.jpg

Quinn and Daisy grew up in
Dri ✰
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
★ 2 stars!!! ★

Quando li a sinopse desse livro, mesmo com o aviso no final, fiquei intrigada porque queria saber como essa situação se desenrolaria...

Masssssss, infelizmente essa história não funcionou pra mim. Eu simplesmente não caí de amores pelos personagens, o comportamento deles e atitudes não me convenceram.
Não consegui sentir aquele tipo de amor profundo e verdadeiro entre a Daisy e Quinn.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

Wow! I was not expecting the angst that came with this book and even though it's a predictable New Adult book, I was sucked right into Quinn and Daisy's story.

Quinn and Daisy lived right next to each other and grew up together. We get a few chapters of events in their young lives that were very sweet especially when a young Quinn tells Daisy he's going to marry her.

Unfortunately, when they are 17/16, Daisy's father gets a new job and they have to move nine hours away. Both are heartbroken
KceeReads

My dear friends, please bear with me because as I write this review my sanity has left me already.

I'm just a madwoman typing words as raw as my feelings at the moment. K, let's do this!

Quinn Burnell and Daisy Daniels have loved each other for the longest time. Everyone around them knows that eventually, they'd end up together. They have that what some of us call "once in a lifetime" kind of love-- something permanent and irreplaceable. Until fate decided to screw up the perfection they have. Y
Chelsea
DNF @ 85%

It has all the right ingredients for an angsty read.

- First love that is lost

- Betrayal

- Miscommunication

And Lastly...

- Cheating

So how come I didn't feel anything at all?

description

I'm actually very excited to read this but as I finished my last book, other books that I'm waiting for, released as well.

I contemplated whether what to read next but this book won me over. Hoping it wouldn't disappoint me... I was wrong.

I cannot feel any connection between Quinn and Daisy...How deep their love i
The Book Bee
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: 5+ STARS
"Funny how emotions and lust could blind you and make your focus narrow to only right then. Right now. Forget what could happen after."

Pssst.....you guys!!! I'm telling you......if you haven't read Ella Fields yet, you need to. She's new, but she's already made a name for herself. I am on a mission now to have as many of you grab her books that I can convince. Seriously, she needs to be your NEXT read. I 'met' her through my blog when she was recommended to me, and I am so glad
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I CANNOT. CANNOT. CANNOT. Say enough wonderful things about this book. I finished in less than 24 HRS. I could not stop. I thought i loved this author before this, but now after. Whole other league she’s in now. Phewwwwew, what a freaking ride. I can’t even describe the feels and emotions and pretty much every single crazed feeling I could have felt while reading this book.

LOVED THIS BOOK.

Addicting isn’t even the right word. I’m so obsessed.

Utterly.

It’s been hours since I’ve closed this book
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Suddenly Forbidden took me to a rollercoaster ride that rendered me speechless. It's just so hard to convey my emotions into words. All the FEELS and MORE - it's all over me. I am in love with this story and I am in love with Ella Fields' words. She's a brilliant writer and her works is easy to get into. Tagline alone and I was hooked, it was so hard to put the book down. I was drawn to the feels of this journey. I maybe rooting for something sexy, but Gahd I was impressed how Ella managed to ca ...more
Mysza
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
***** 5 stars *****

That was some angst galore.

One of my favourites ever!
Na
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

"You and me ... like the moon and the stars, we're permanent."

With her fourth book, Ella created something beautifully heartbreaking. I really enjoyed her Surface Rust duo and already knew she had a great talent to touch our hearts. But with Suddenly Forbidden she did so much more!

"And underneath the stretch of dark skies, we were each other's stars."

Reading this book was like being in a constant heartache. At least I'd say for the first 2/3rd. My heart broke right at the beginning and
Carla Bulian
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Primeiro livro que leio dessa autora! Gostei muito dessa história, principalmente por me lembrar de meus tempos de faculdade. Tempos onde temos muitas dúvidas, incertezas sobre relacionamentos, futuro, amor. Mas que no fim, tudo se resolve.
Adorei.
Ella Fields is a mother and wife who lives in the land Down Under. While her kids are in school, you might find her talking about her characters to her cat, Bert, and dog, Grub.
She's a notorious chocolate and notebook hoarder who enjoys creating hard-won happily ever afters.

Stalk her here:

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/authorellafields/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorellaf...

Twitter:

Gray Springs University (3 books)
  • Bittersweet Always (Gray Springs University, #2)
  • Pretty Venom (Gray Springs University, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Hold On My Heart
    $4.49 $0.99
  • One Day
    $6.99 $2.99
“I’m not scared. You and me … like the moon and the stars, we’re permanent.” 12 likes
“The moon and the stars. It didn’t seem right for one to exist without the other. Yet here I was, being forced to do so anyway.” 7 likes