Start by marking “Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)” as Want to Read:
Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)

Hometown Girl Forever

(Hometown #3)

Lizzie gave up her stressful job in Boston to embrace her love of all things country in Smithville PA. Her farm, a new job at the spa, and her pet alpacas are a dream come true, if only her meddling, matchmaking, socialite mother would back off.

Published August 11th 2016 by Augustine Press

To ask other readers questions about Hometown Girl Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hometown Girl Forever

Start your review of Hometown Girl Forever (Hometown #3)
Joan
Jul 11, 2018 added it
DNF at the start of Chapter 4

I am confused. A B&B that's a spa and also involves a farm with alpacas? Lizzie is running (or does she own the farm) but also helping out at the spa? There are huge numbers of women (only women??) helping out at the spa/B&B/alpaca farm/whatever and I simply couldn't keep things running straight in my mind.

The scene with Tara being nauseous was cut short and let me wondering what the heck was going on. There should have been a follow-on scene to give SOME explanation
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Reading this book takes me back to those days when there wasn't social media yet, no smartphones to get addicted with, no hours upon hours of eye strain over touch screens and such. Hometown Girl Forever makes me feel younger again, away from the bustle and hustle of the city, and feel at home with nature and experience such tender loving care of country people.

I love how Lizzie decided to leave it all behind her and started something that made her happy, useful, content and fulfilled. I love he
Coco.V
Feb 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/11/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

Elliot, a successful architect from Washington, DC, designed the new spa, but he certainly hadn't envisioned the exotic bohemian style manager or her intriguing, demanding mother. Small town antics and his inter
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-digital, romance
So I broke one of my cardinal rules and read this book out of order. It was on my KU, and it sounded cute! It is super cute, and now I want to read the rest of the series! If you love a quirky, small town, this a great book for you!
Susan Harner
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hometown Girl Forever ( Hometown Series book 3)

This series keeps getting better and better as you go along. I haven't laughed so hard reading a book in a long time. Elliott is so much fun and I can totally related to Lizzie's love of a VW. And the carefree way that she dresses. This is a must read. Enjoy!
Debra Webster
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Lovely story of redemption In a challenging family with a great romance and many funny moments. Read it in one setting.
Maria
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, small-town
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
A naïve heroine, with a hippie streak, and a conventional hero (an architect) fall for each other against the backdrop of a small town and in the midst of family drama with an overbearing mother.
I thought the romantic relationship developed too quickly and the hero lost his attractive aloofness too soon.
There was a lot going on with the heroine’s family and friends and, in my opinion, Lizzie and her mother’s problematic sto
Deb Blackbourn
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is The Country Better?

Once again, Ms. Fuller doesn’t fail to write an easy reading book. The cast of characters in Smithville keep growing. Lizzie moved from Boston, away from her helicopter mom’s watchful meddling. She will be working at he Inn’s spa. Elliott designed the spa. He is from Washington D.C. He arrives at the inn just in time to see the finishing touches on the spa & anxiously awaits the grand opening. Can a big city architect get along with Lizzie, who he thinks dresses like a gyps
Debra
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hometown Girl Forever is the third book in the Hometown Girl series, and my favorite so far. I loved Elliot and Lizzy's story. Elliot and Lizzy are attracted to each other right away, and the attraction just kept heating up as the story moved along. But for me, Lizzy's mother and all of the towns people made this book entertaining for me. There are only two more books left in the series, and I'm already hating the series is about to come to an end. So, on to Christmas in Smithville. :-)
Pat Allen
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

She needed to escape from her mother's never-ending interference in her life. High society pleased her mother's snobbish standards but she had Bohemian tastes. Elliot was everything her mother could wish for for her daughter, having come from snobish background himself. He, however, was so impressed with the wayward daughter's individuality. A fun relaxing read.
Mimi Davis Hopkins
Love of a Mother

This is a great romance story with all of the joys and sadness of life. The determination of a mother, the strong hand of a father and the desires of adult children trying to find their place in this life. Fascinating characters, great storyline and bits of humor that makes the reader keep turning pages. And still yet there is more to come.
Donnajo
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book.

Hometown Girl Forever by a new to me author Kirsten Fullmer. Took me awhile to get into this book but enjoyed the storyline and it had likable characters. I look forward to checking out more books by this author.
Samantha
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Smithville

This little town is wonderful. Love reading about it and all of the wonderful characters. The author makes me want to move to a smaller community, but I don't think I will take on alpacas.
Catherine Geist
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous

This story was such a great read,there isn'T words to describe it. It was well written . Elliott & Lizzie was such great characters, they it impossible to put the book down.The ending was a great surprise.Idefinitely will be reading more of this author's books.
Lindsey Garringer
Enjoyable read

Good book, nice length, relatable characters. It has a good pace to the story, no slow spots or too overly dramatic twists.
Sandra
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One funny great read!
Cally Walker
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somehow

Finding a way with parents makes finding a way with love look easy for Lizzie and Elliot they make it but barely. A fun story
Amy McStowe
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love that the characters pick right back up from book 1 Kirsten is one of those authors, that make you feel, like the characters are long list friends.
Pam Jackson-gorsline
Forever

This is a good story with many twists and turns that keeps you reading. The characters were complex and entertaining.
Reader43
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Growing up with no communication

Lizzie felt growing up she was a constant disappointment to her mother. With a move to a rural area in another state she started over on her terms. Only to meet a man her mother would love. A good read for those enjoying a sweet love story.
Kendra
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: tour-aquisition
Full review posted at Reader's Edyn on 03/08/20

Lizzy has been suffocated by her parents her entire life. Maybe not quite so much from her father, but definitely her mother. Desperate for the social circles she’s never quite been accepted into, her mother has groomed her to obtain everything she never had but always wanted. Years later, Lizzy is tired of it. All she longs for is a simple small-town life away from the stress and hustle of the city. To do this, she must make dramatic changes to fol
poppy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lizzie and Elliot's story was a great end to a superb trilogy.it was a fun clean read and held my interest all the way through.These two were super characters and were just so great and perfect for each other a great read I really liked it.
Jacki
Elliot
Part of a series: Hometown
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Robin Bryant
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Very nice story. Down to earth. Would be a good book for a young teen also. Can't wait to read the rest of the series

Sreepurna Datta
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This finale to the Shabby Chic Trilogy was just as cute and sweet as the first two books. In fact, I really want more Smithville stories, so a spin off series would be amazing!

In this last installment of Shabby Chic, Elliott stole my heary, and so did the Smithville folks. The appearance of the couples from the earlier books added to the “family” feeling.

The only disappointment her, to me, was Lizzie. She had all the wrong reasons for her decisions. But Elliot’s charm made up for everything

Sha
Sara Jo
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
An innocent love story that seemed better suited to the 50’s. The first interactions between the main characters seemed banal and out of place. Then to have them fall for each other didn’t really suit. The mother was a nightmare and had me wondering a lot about how old Lizzie was because she was such a doormat for someone who had supposedly been so successful. I thought there would have been more about the alpacas but instead it was a cast of thousands from the small town and a boring plot line ...more
Stephanie Bolen
The first book is way better

This one was average. Her mother reminded me of no one. Not one harridan comes to mind and I've known lots of bad mothers. She was too overblown like Neville Longbottom's Gran. Most hissing cats are either sweet and put upon as they issue their "you're worthless" insults, issue them matter of factly in a normal tone of voice, or shout and hit. They don't carry on because they know that doesn't get results. Now as for the rest of the problems with the story. Lizzie is
Patty
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learn to just be yourself

Sometimes escaping life and family challenges to start again somewhere else doing what you think you like doesn’t really address the problem. Lizzy leaves her well ordered life in the city as a CFO, well entrenched in society and her mothers expectations to live a simple life in the country managing a spa in a small town. Enter Elliot, an architect who worked on the spa and is now checking the final “vision” and viability of the project. Of course there are conflicts of
Anne Turnley
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Country girl?

Lizzie has changed her life, bought a farm, two alpacas and got a job managing a spa. All of this to get away from her overbearing mother. Very soon she meets Eliot, A city guy her for a little business. Can country and city come together?
Mary Lou
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written.

An easy read with interesting plot twists. Characters were realistic although the men were a little more love struck than most men. I skipped a lot of the thinking as it tended to be repetitive and boring. But all in all it’s a nice book.

• The Nanny Song
  • Love is the Answer, God is the Cure: A True Story of Abuse, Betrayal and Unconditional Love
  • Notice Me
  • Broken Promises (Past Imperfect Mystery Book 1)
  • Crossroads and the Dominion of Four
  • For the Love of Armin
  • The Unicorn Tree
  • Shot to Pieces
  • Be Still and Listen: Experience the Presence of God in Your Life
  • Finding Hope in the Darkness of Grief: Spiritual Insights Expressed Through Art, Poetry and Prose
  • The Awakening: Fate in Motion
  • The Creep
  • Dreams & Dew: Poems & Prose
  • She Said!: The Book of Quotes
  • Virgil the Hound: Against All Odds, One Hound Breaks Away From the Pack
  • Mistress Suffragette
  • The Feds' Folly: Who Stole 17 Trillion? (The Jones Series) (Volume 2)
  • The Octunnumi Fosbit Files Prologue
Kirsten is a writer with a love of art and design. She worked in the engineering field, taught college, and consulted free lance. Due to health problems, she retired in 2012 to travel with her husband. They live and work full time in a 40' travel trailer with their little dog Bingo. Besides writing romance novels, she enjoys selling art on Etsy and spoiling their three grandchildren.

As a writer,

Hometown (6 books)
  • Hometown Girl at Heart (Hometown #1)
  • Hometown Girl After All (Hometown #2)
  • Christmas in Smithville (Hometown, #4)
  • Hometown Girl Again (Hometown Series, #5)
  • Hometown Girl Memories (Hometown Series, #6)

News & Interviews