Start by marking “Sinking in the Shadows” as Want to Read:
Sinking in the Shadows

Sinking in the Shadows

(Dating Trilogy #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The Dating Trilogy continues with Sinking in the Shadows...

She wasn’t looking for love.
She wasn’t looking for a happily ever after.
But Dating in the Dark gave her both.

Or so she thought.

Now with a broken heart and an unexpected surprise she doesn’t know if she’ll ever find her way back to both again.

Sinking in the Shadows is the second book in The Dating Trilogy and should
Published May 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Sinking in the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinking in the Shadows

Zoe
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic, angsty, and dramatic with a cliffhanger ending that will leave you pondering what will happen now!
Joy Novel Thoughts
WOW. Just... wow! I thought that the end of the first book was going to kill me. But the ending of Sinking in the Shadows has me on this strange cusp of reality. Almost like when you are in a dream and you keep trying to see something and you just can't no matter how many times try you just can't see it!

Sinking in the Shadow had my so frazzled with nervous anxiety, because I needed answers immediately. I needed a resolution. Desperately. I did get answers, but that didn't end to drama and slow d
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

When I was approached to read this trilogy, I knew nothing about the series or author. After reading this and the preceeding book, I have to say that I am not sure that the third book can redeem the series!

Once again, since is a serial
Sharon Betts
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This picks up right from the end of book one. Tinley is conflicted, Dakota is keeping something from her, and Merek also has his secrets. Some of those things are revealed in this book, but I have a feeling there's more to Dakota's story still to be revealed. And there's a huge cliff hanger at the end.
Written in third person (I have to admit something I'm less keen on), I enjoyed this book, there not too much drama - until the end - but there's still things to keep your interest. I hope there's
Steph
*Review for The Romance Reviews Coming Soon!*
Megan | A Page to Turn
This book had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish! I read Dating in the Dark over the weekend and finished this one in a day because I had to know what happened to Marek and Tinsley! I was shocked at all that happened in the last two books and I'm so excited to see what else is in store for us readers when book three releases in July!

Again, I really enjoyed this book being in third person, it was weird when I started the trilogy, but now that I've gotten used to the writer's style, I
FunUndertheCovers
Dating in the Dark will only lead you to Sinking in the Shadows!! More Marek & Tinley please!!Book two in this intriguing trilogy from Alexandria Bishop. She is leaving us again with another heart breaking, edge of seat cliffhanger. Book two continues with the life and relationship of Marek and Tinley. You are lulled into a sense of peace and complacency with the development of these characters only to have your heart dashed against the rocks of emotion. I am anxiously awaiting the third boo ...more
Amy
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another great book by Alexandria Bishop! I’m so glad this book picked up right where book 1 ended. I’m not always a fan of long recaps. I must admit that Tinsley annoyed me just a little, with her back and forth over Marek. But I’m so glad she finally came around to things. I absolutely adored Marek and Luna’s relationship! It was so amazing and I loved it! I also loved Tinsley’s birthday party - so awesome! I wish I would have thought of that lol. Dakota worked my nerves over big time - she ...more
Patty Di Palma
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By

I read Dating in the Dark and Sinking into the Shadows back to back to prepared for book 3 which is coming out later this month. I have mixed feelings about these books with some parts hitting the right notes and some completely off.

Tinley, an insecure yet hopeful call center employee, gets signed up for a "dating in the dark" speed dating event by her sister and best friend. Since it's paid for and she is looking for love, Tinley gives it a try. Three absolutely horrid dates later number four i
April
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Overall I enjoyed the book thoroughly. Tinley and Marek are realistic, fun, and likable with normal people issues that the reader can relate to with no problem. Marek is so very patient and tries to be the best person he can be even though he has a ton of responsibility on his shoulders on a day to day basis. He exhibits confidence while trying to give confidence to those he loves through his kind words and actions that are above and beyond his duty. The pop culture tv and movie references throu ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
The book was a little slow for me. I liked some parts, but others we drugging and it made things hard for me. I felt like Tinley took too much time to forgive Marek after what happened at the end of the first book. And speaking about that, am I the only one who found Mareks little girl annoying? I don't know if the author aimed for cute, but this is not it.

I would have liked to see more development when it came to the relationship these two had. I hope we will get that in the third and final bo
Stacy Garcia (Garcia Sisters' Book Blog)
Pam Curran
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I think that Alexandria is the Queen of Cliffhangers she does it so well! This is the second book in the Dating series about Tinley and Marek and this one is again full of surprises and unexpected twists. Tinley has to deal with a shock she received when she made an unannounced visit to his home and immediately she assumes the worst and suffers through all kinds of insecurities cutting off all contact with Marek. As he loves her Marek hangs in there, answers all her questions and helps her with ...more
Carol Seymour
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loralie
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life is changing fast for Tinley. She's falling for Marek, but it's moving pretty quickly. She meets two important people in his life -one not exactly who Tinley thought she was. And then Tinley has someone she'd like Marek to meet...kinda. Her sister Tara always has Tinley's back. There's Dakota, who we're still trying to figure out. I'm loving the shift in Tinley's life as she leaves her twenties, and so now I'm wondering what is going to happen next?
Astrid Rudloff
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily review an ARC.
This is the second book of the Dating series, the books should be read in order.
I really like the story, but Tinley's insecurity and childish decisions make life hard for the people who want to be there for her and made it hard for me to fully enjoy reading this book. There are some interesting turns and a major cliffhanger.
I liked the book and will definitely read the third part.
Rachel
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAH! I am not usually a fan of cliff hangers, but wow, Alexandria Bishop does it so well!! I am so in love with this series! I cannot wait for the next one!! Make sure to read Dating in the Dark before reading this one - you will be so lost if not. Another FIVE STARS for this author and her series!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the second book of a trilogy. OMG! She's done it again! Lulling you into a false sense of security, and then...(I can't tell you, you'll have to read it yourself). I cannot wait to read the next book in this trilogy. It's been really good so far, so I can't wait to see what is in store next.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Christina Reed
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Once again I love this book! It picks up right where the first book left off and carries you to another shocking stop. This book has bumps with the hero and heroine, but there is a secondary fight later with Tinley and Dakota. I found myself sucked into this story and unable to put it down. Now I’m dying to see how this series ends. The next book can’t come soon enough.
Danielle
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up right where Dating in the Dark stops and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I was happy to see how things are progressing for Tinley and Marek but I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sinking in the Shadows ends on one hell of a cliffhanger and I am anxiously awaiting the conclusion to this trilogy!!
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Oh wow. Tinley and Marek are just tugging my heart strings. Ahh this series is amazing. It finishes off just where the first book left off and again you will not be disappointed. But NO a cliffhanger like no other. Ahh I need more.

Very well written and great characters Alexandria.

Arc was kindly given in exchange for an honest review.
Kim F
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Shelby
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I thought book one left you hanging but book two... why must you do this to me. It started right where book one ended and I was full of nerves and all kinds of stuff! I can't wait until the next one
Kemberlee Snelling
Great second part

This was a great part 2 of this series. I am on the ledge waiting for the conclusion. I would recommend this light breezy read
Karey
Jun 12, 2018
Kara Griggs
Jun 07, 2018
stephanie
Aug 12, 2018
Amy Reads
Sep 15, 2018
Born on a small southeastern island in Alaska and raised in southern Oregon, Alexandria Bishop is a PNW girl at heart. By day, she goes to battle with a tiny dictator aka her toddler and by night, she can be found typing ALL the words of her contemporary romance novels accompanied by a glass of wine or two ;)

When she’s not in mommy or author mode, she can be found drinking copious amounts of cold

Dating Trilogy (3 books)