Start by marking “Flesh (Flesh #1)” as Want to Read:
Flesh (Flesh #1)

Flesh

(Flesh #1)

Ali has been hiding in an attic since civilization collapsed eight weeks ago.

When the plague hit, her neighbors turned into mindless, hungry, homicidal maniacs.

Daniel has been a loner his entire life. Then the world empties and he realizes that being alone isnt all its cracked up to be.

Finn is a former cop who is desperate for companionship, and willing to do
Published January 23rd 2018 (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flesh, please sign up.
Kimberly Well, The Walking Dead is based upon the comic The Walking Dead which has been going strong since October 2003. So....the writing for the TV series…moreWell, The Walking Dead is based upon the comic The Walking Dead which has been going strong since October 2003. So....the writing for the TV series came first. Flesh was released much, much later.(less)

Start your review of Flesh (Flesh #1)
Jennifer Leighton
I dont do horror.

Lets put it this way: If you wanted to torture me, strapping me to a chair and forcing me to watch any one of the bloody lets kill people slowly and painfully gore fests that pass for entertainment these days would be the way to do it. State secrets? Yeahtheyd be secrets no more.

Sowhen I first heard of Flesh in passing, I thought to myself, nuh-uh.

But I have to say, once I read the excerpt, I was hooked. Kylie Scott is an author who has an excellent voice. Her prose is clean,
Jilly
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
A smutty version of "The Walking Dead" where Rick and Darryl share a girlfriend. I don't mean it is fanfic, I just mean that if you watch or read The Walking Dead, but wish there was sex in it, this book is for you.

We have Ali, our girl who is afraid of everything, found by Dan, a super funny and likable character. They get together and are traveling during the Zombie Apocalypse when they run into a gang that wants to steal Ali and kill Dan. Luckily, Finn, an ex-cop, has been watching these two
Duchess Nicole
Buddy read with Tom, Sarah, and a whole buncha others. Erotic zombie post apocalyptic cray-cray....bring it on!!!!

************************************************
"Humans are social creatures. I didn't realize how much until nearly everyone was gone."

Ali has been hiding for months in the upstairs floor of her neighbor's house. (because zombies can't climb) Civilization has crumbled, and she has locked herself away in order to survive. When she goes on one of her rare outings to find food, she
Lise *friends don't flag*
I think I have a new favorite genre: Post-Apocalyptic Erotica

Flesh is a well-written, witty, action packed and highly erotic story of basic survival and raw gritty love. Daniel, Ali and Finn stick together and fight against these:

description

And soon form an unconventional relationship that includes a lot of this, but WAY steamier:
description

Daniel and Finn both love Ali and she loves them and the relationship the three of them have is the heart of this story. It moved me, I loved their commitment to one another and
Al George
Even though Zombies want to eat your brains, there's still time to explore your naughty bits

you in danger

Read for Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge - Zombie category

Series: Apparently so

Sexy times: Sex on a stick, on a roof, on a bed, in a garage with a Zombie overhead (oooh poetry).

Plan on reading more by the author: Oui!

Synopsis
Ally has been hiding out while the infected swarm. She's discovered by Dan and all he can do is think with his lower head and has decided he must have and protect her. He
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This popped up in my recommended books after reading Lick, and after reading the synopsis and seeing words like "plague" and "erotica" followed by "m/f/m", I clicked the "Download Sample" button and went in kinda like this...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this book surprised me! It did. For erotica, it's pretty well-written. You expect erotica books to be just snippets of weak story strung together by sex scenes, and there is quite a bit of sex in this book, but the story itself is also engaging, which kinda throws you
Ellen Gail

4 stars! Sexy, charming, and well written, but needs more zombies.

I like you cranky, he said. I like you cuddly.
Are you trying to be Dr. Seuss?
Only if you find his works sexually arousing.
She snorted. No. Not really.
Probably for the best.

Since the zombie-virus ripped humanity a new one 8 weeks age, Ali has been hidden in her neighbor's attic, slowing working her way into agoraphobia and in desperate need of a shower. She only leaves to scavenge for supplies. The zombies tend to be lethargic
Steph
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
2.5 Stars.

Grrr, I was so damn sure I was going to love this book. I don't really know what happened to be honest.
I kept finding myself skimming here and there too, which is never a good thing.
I wanted to rate this book higher, but as my problems with it piled higher and higher, I just couldn't. I have to be honest.

What I absolutely adored about this book was Daniel. He's such an amazing guy. I loved how he called Ali 'his girl'. *swoon*
I couldn't really see why he was so attracted to her
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Holy crap. This book was FANFREAKINGTASTIC

I've gotta be honest. I picked this up for its novelty. I've been known to like a post apocalyptic book here and there. I've enjoyed a few zombie books. Erotica has certainly taken up a good amount of my reading material lately. But all three together? How it the heck was that going to work out? As it turns out, it works out amazingly well.

I've got to give huge props to Kylie Scott. She managed to write characters that I loved almost immediately,
Malinda
5 stars

This is a great story. I've never read anything by Kylie Scott before but I'm so glad I read this one. I love the show The Walking Dead and the season just ended so I'm going through withdrawal. From the sound of this story it sounded like walking dead with sex and it kinda is. Very cool "Zombie Apocalypse" type story (although in the story they're called "infected" not Zombies).

The story starts out with Dan and Ali meeting. It doesn't go well at first because all Ali wants to do is
Angela
Jun 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to read shallow sex relationships
1 skinny, anorexic, starving, zombie dick star.

What did I expect when all that the main characters think about is having sex. Hellooo, Zombie freaking Apocalypse go get some freaking canned foods and run away to the country side! You're doing it wrong! WAIT, at least they had condoms. RIGHT? AM I RIGHT? PRIORITIES.

My reasons why I disliked this book so much:

1. Terrible writing. If you're going to write a Zombie book, do it right. If you're going to write an erotica, do it right. This writing was
Chappy
Wow...what can I say, I am now a huge fan of zombie erotica. The only thing that would have made it better is some boy on boy action in the threesome.
Paganalexandria
A super virus is released into the world that causes a zombie apocalypse. Ali has watched from her hiding place all her neighbors turn on each other in unimaginable ways. Can she trust the intentions of the two hot strangers Daniel and Finn that she is forced to travel with on the road to safety?

When I think of erotica zombies are the last thing that come to mind, so wasn't sure what to expect with this. I'm also not a big fan of ménage storylines in general, but being a fan of the Walking Dead
Cam *tactile seeker*

*Spoilers*

It'll sound shockingly surprising, but the threesome ruined it for me.

If I had to rate this book based solely on the first 40% of the story, I'd gladly give it no less than four stars.

Ali, the MC, has been hiding in her neighbors' attic for months, traumatized by the violence and death she witnessed, underfed from the limited supplies she'd brought with her and terrified to leave her relatively safe hiding place for the horrors of the outside world.

It's about two months after the
Pam
There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Its been months since the plague hit, Ali stumbles on Daniel at a suburban home and he is beyond thrilled to see her. No matter how happy Daniel is Ali is scared shitless and tries her best to get away from him.
That was not nice. Stop and think. I have done everything possible not to hurt you. I only want to talk to you. Youve shot at me, scratched me, kissed me, and now you start biting. Apologize.

Daniel knew that Ali was his and slowly
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
Okay, I just had to listen to this one when I noticed that it was available on Hoopla. I have liked Kylie Scott's writing and it takes place during the zombie apocalypse so I was more than a little intrigued. I mean it isn't every day you have the chance to read zombie smut. I wish that there were more zombie in the book and there was a whole lot of insta-love but it was fun.

Just in case anyone is wondering - my husband keeps telling me that I cannot have a boyfriend even in the event of the
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Walking Dead and zombie flicks

3.5 ~ 4 stars

Who would have thought a book featuring a ménage relationship set in post apocalyptic Australia with zombies running amok would work? Well until I read Flesh definitely not me!! However, in my never ending quest to find a read off the beaten path I decided to give it a try and Im so glad I did.

Flesh is well written, surprisingly funny (mostly due to hero Daniels witty banter and snarky comments), and emotionally charged. It comes across as a much steamier version of Walking Dead
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 3.5*

I may not sleep well tonight and I'll be eyeing my neighbors for a while but I enjoyed this zombie apocalyptic tale throw in a menage and I was a happy camper.
I liked Daniel and his sense of humor but honestly I'd have expected Finn as the guy in his twenties to be the laid back one. Daniel and Finn were both bossy as hell and Ali was a bit weak in the beginning but thankfully the guys settled down and Ms. Ali showed she could be a kick ass h. The romance felt more out of
Erica Ravenclaw
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK.

I'm going to take a breath here and compose myself.

OK.

This is this book and myself in gif format:
 photo aWZ6qmx_460sa_zps5c2aafbc.gif

I'm ready. Please be advised this 4 star rating has NOTHING to do with merit and everything to do with the enthusiasm with which I read this book. Thank you.

When I snagged this for free off a review blog I thought "hmm, this sounds interesting" and it was one of many freebies that Friday and mostly forgot about it. I was browsing my kindle one night and this gem was in the far back and decided
Andrea ❤Ninja Bunneh❤
If you are reading this and don't have a pervy heart, back slowly away from this review.
Now, if you were surviving the zombie apocalypse what would you want?
A) a nice big gun to defend yourself.
B) an endless supply of food and resources.
C) a great secret hidey hole where no zombie can find you and do some flesh munching.
Or
D) two incredibly hot horny guys who both want you.
Take your time thinking about it.

Times up!!!!!!
Now you have an idea of what this book is about. You guessed it. Zombies
Pam Godwin
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't read this for the world-building or thrilling sci-fi suspense. There is none. The plot IS the romance and the zombies are a just a stinky, moaning distraction from the MFM hanky-panky. In fact, the overall tone is light and playful. Despite the abundance of flirting and sex, it's light on the menage and not infected by vulgarity. Add to that imaginative writing, and you've got a wild cocktail of erotic, gory fun.
ShoSho
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elib, x-2015
It was more erotica and thriller and less (almost none) horror or zombies. It was Hot ♨ if nothing else.
Beige
2.5 stars - low on zombies and high on apocalyptic insta-love
Sadie Grubor
When I found out about this book series, I did a happy dance.

description

I am a HUGE zombie fan. From Resident Evil to Walking Dead, if it has a zombie in it chances are I've seen it or will be seeing it. And, yes, that includes made for TV crap that most people turn as soon as they see SciFi or Chiller channel. LOL

So, how could I not love a story that is like the Walking Dead, but with sexy times.

YES, Please!
description

The book starts strong and really does push you into a world of flesh eating infestation. Loved
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
This book just didn't work for me. It was well written but I just never really liked any of the characters except for Daniel. Ali was just a little too immature and her "rabbit" heart got old after awhile and I never liked Finn. He was arrogant and entitled and I didn't like the way he treated Daniel. The world building was just okay - I kept picturing "The Walking Dead' since this book described a world A LOT like that series. At first, I thought I was going to like/get the menage plot, after ...more
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not expect to enjoy FLESH as much as I did. Especially since, at this reading, FLESH only has mid range rating. I've found goodreads to be pretty accurate when it comes to scores. But there's always the exception.

I had to give this book a chance. Zombie apocalypse manage romance? Yes, please!

What I loved...good writing. Story had good pacing, multiple POV, drew me in, felt real, WAS NOT disjointed, didn't have cheesy lines. Thank you Kylie Scott.

I think most of the reviewers who gave lower
alicat ♡➹♡
Buddy Read with the MacHalo group.

This book was decent I didnt really feel like I learned much about who the characters were. It was all about their current thoughts and emotions.

The dystopian/zombie story was also ok. I did not feel that connected to the characters, and I feel bad saying this but I didnt really care what happened to them.

I was a bit put off by Daniel's instalove, which was literally instant love/desperation at first sight.

I get why she went for it, I mean she was lucky
L A i N E Y
Seeing as this is a sexy book, I was surprised by how good the writing was. From the very first page, I knew this will be a 'good read'. (lol)

I liked Daniel, with his hilarious commentary and witty banter but when Finn showed up, I just couldn't decide! Now I'm not one for 'the uniform' but despite Finn being a cop, I ended up preferring him over Daniel anyway.

This is probably not relevant to the book but I read this book in the midst of binging on The Vampire Diaries season 5, in which one of
SheLove2Read
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
3 months ago the world came to an end as we know it. A mutant virus was unleashed upon the world and humanity was reduced to the walking dead - zombies who only lived to kill and destroy other humans. Small groups of people, immune for reasons we don't yet know, survived the viral outbreak and live hand to mouth, trying to stay one step ahead of the horde - and those who have used this world changing event to reek havoc and misery upon others.

Ali has been hiding in an attic for the last 8
Anna

description

I never expected this to be as equally fun with other zombie books I've read because hello... it's adult erotica -- if you're leaning more on the action. One thing I've learned about erotic books is that they're more sexy and less plot, in which I have no complain if you're wantin' some hot lovin'.

description

Just to be clear, our protags are not zombies. In fact, they're most definitely alive who enjoys orgy. Note that these are a lady gone out of hiding from an attic; a middle-aged dude that vows to
Sisterhood of the...: Flesh Discussion 1 5 Jun 19, 2017 07:15AM
Vaginal Fantasy B...: * Post questions for our JULY 5th HANGOUT HERE! 19 364 Jul 05, 2016 10:23PM
Vaginal Fantasy B...: Flesh Casting 14 128 Jul 04, 2016 10:21PM
Buddy Read Zone: Flesh (Flesh #1) by Kylie Scott 353 79 Feb 13, 2013 04:33PM
Goodreads Librari...: Flesh series by Kylie Scott 5 171 Jan 05, 2013 02:22PM

• Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • Fight (NOLA Zombie, #2)
  • Run (NOLA Zombie, #1)
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • A Billionaire Dom (The Holden Brothers #3)
  • Surviving Passion (The Shattered World, #1)
  • Laid Open (Brown Family, #4.5)
  • Afterglow
  • A Billionaire Rebel (The Holden Brothers #2)
  • Dustwalker
  • The Lady and the Orc (Orc Sworn, #1)
  • Justice (NOLA Zombie, #4)
  • Honor (NOLA Zombie #5)
  • Six Months With Cerberus
  • Bad Beta
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • His Darkest Craving
  • The Ugly Dukeling: Cosmic Fairy Tales
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.

Flesh (2 books)