Start by marking “Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)” as Want to Read:
Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)

Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)

Once, Eryn Hope fell fast and incurably for Weston Quaid. And he seemed to adore her too—until she learned their love was built on lies when he walked out on their wedding day.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 196 pages
Published March 26th 2019 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures with My Ex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures with My Ex

Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
If you have by any chance read some of my other reviews you will know I have some pet peeves. One of them are the exes who add nothing to the story. When a book is 11 chapters and 196 pages long, I don't want to keep hearing about the other people one of the main characters has slept with. Not until chapter 8 anyway. Up to that point, I was thinking that if didn't get a line about how Eryn slept with other people the book would burst into flames or something. I don't understand why we had to rea ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-love
One of my favorite books of the series! Considering that I know I enjoy Shayla Black's books in general AND that her other contribution to this series (Misadventures of a Backup Bride) got a five star rating from me, I'm actually surprised at how surprised I was to love Misadventures With My Ex. From the way that we meet West and Eryn, to the way that their past is revealed and their current situations grows - it was just great storytelling. I didn't want to put the book down! I even wanted to g ...more
Birty
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Typical Black Romance

Three years ago, Weston left Eyre at the alter, literally, and is now back in her life, and not in a good way. He now owns Eyre’s building which must close for required renovations. Guess what, for the price of paying her bills while her business is closed, West wants her to be his mistress because “he still loves her.” That’s the jest of the story. So if you like weak woman like that you will love this story.

Problems:
1. It’s all about the sex, over and over again. Eyre migh
Rhonda
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romance stories and this one was right up my alley. Eryn and Weston were a couple but when Weston suddenly leaves her, her life goes out of control. Now 3 years later, he knows he made a huge mistake and wants to win her love back. I couldn't put this book down and kept reading late into the night! Wonderful, wonderful story!
Nadine Bookaholic
What's better than a new Shayla Black book? One that is part of the Misadventures series, that's what. This series is so much fun, if you haven't read any of the books yet no worries you can start right here. Each book is a standalone, novella sized romance that takes you on a journey of a Misadventure. Here we have one with an EX so if the Second-Chance-at-Love is a favorite trope of yours your in luck.

Eryn and West have a complicated past, one more complicated than even Eryn knows. West broke
Eva Millien
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She thought he adored her and Eryn Hope fell fast and incurably for Weston Quaid, until he day be walked on their wedding day and readers can’t help but become caught up in West’s determination to win her back in this emotionally gripping misadventure romance. The characters are strong and real which makes it easy for readers to relate to them and the chemistry between West and Eryn is sexy and sizzles with lots of heat. Eryn is determined to protect her heart no matter how undeniable the attrac ...more
Raine
I didn't like it

I didn't like this over the top second chance at love drama. When we find out the reason the were torn apart it seemed pretty thin to me. And Eryn's insecurities are just so eye-rolling annoying.
Lacie Romano
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angst, some humor, and all the heat one comes to love with Shayla Blacks books. A great addition to the Misadventure series that everyone must read!
Erin Lewis
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Star review of Misadventures With My Ex (Misadventures #18) by Shayla Black
Eryn Hope was left a shattered woman by Weston Quaid after he left her at the altar. Fast forward three years and everything is about to change and not necessarily for the better. Ms.Black had me from the first chapter, hook line and sinker; I really could not put this one down.
Thanks to his family West was forced to walk away from the women he loved and now it seems that fate is about to play another game of chance
Angela T
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three year wait...

Eryn Hope and Weston Quaid
Eryn and West were set to be married. But Eryn found herself, jilted at the alter. West put his families business ahead of what should have been the happiest day of their lives. Eryn, never fully recovered from the devastation of that day.
Three years later, on the very day that should be their anniversary, he shows up, as the new owner of the building where her diner is located. West has good news, and bad news for Eryn...
This Misadventure made me smi
Lauren Orr
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
I received an ARC in return for an honest review. I honestly thought I was going to hate this one. Being we weren’t getting flashbacks I didn’t think I was going to be able to connect with them. I was wrong! I totally felt their heartbreak. I loved West and Eryn together. Although, I was annoyed how Eryn believed his mother after what he told her. I understand the doubting but he told you she was going to try to break you up. She should have given him the benefit of the doubt and talked to him. ...more
Maria Angie Mendoza
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, quick read, the only warning for this book is be careful where you read it cause the hot sex scenes may make you blush and squirm!
So no to the airport, or airplanes!
Perfect for the beach or bedtime!
That said, if you’re looking for an easy, predictable second chance romance this it. Well written, my only issue with second chance romances is that sometimes there shouldn’t be one!
After what happened between Eryn and Wes, I’m not sure a second chance romance is what I’d be after...may
Cc
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: jilted, second-chance, eh
2.5⭐'s

On paper? Right up my alley. BUT..................in reality, angst was very superficial and, good grief, there was so much sex that if those scenes had been deleted this would have been about 75 pages long. Where's all the angsty, cheaty goodness that gives readers the chills? The feels? The anger? The loneliness? And then finanally, the redemption? Oh well, at least I borrowed from a friend.

Writing is decent, hence the 2.5 rating.
Izzie d
Mar 28, 2019 added it
Shelves: second-chance
This is my first book in the misadventure series.
I wasn't keen on the ex talk.
During the separation they have both been with others and it is commented on frequently, even if it's not details, I found it distasteful.
TheSassyNerd
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Ms. Shayla Black flaws me. Takes my breath away and throws me into a plot that I just could not get enough of.

Misadventures with My Ex was a fun, easy going kind of read, one that I could have easily finished in one sitting, but knowing there is an end to a book that I've fallen hard for, I always try and pre-long the ending.. It's both torture, yet rewarding. I put it down, telling myself I would at least let this read stretch out for a week.. FAIL.. within a few hours I had picked
Merci Velez
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaded and bitter Eryn wants nothing more than to get drunk and wallow in self pity on the 3 year anniversary of being left at the alter by the only man she truly trusted and loved..Then in walks the devil himself Weston Quaid..Suddenly all the feelings of hatred and anger are being pushed to the side when her body betrays her with her want for him..A second chance love story full of steam,fear of betrayal that leaves you with the knowlegde that love truly does conquer all..Shayla Black is a visi ...more
KFForever
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

I didn’t know what to expect when I started this one but what I got was the most delectable slice of chocolate cake. I adore second chance romances and this one checked all the boxes.

Eryn and West were supposed to get married three years ago, only West left her hanging and moved to New York. So much water under the bridge leads to all that lovely tension and salacious behaviours I have come to relish from this author. Through an
Mary Mooney
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you are about to marry the man of your dreams but he walks away, literally on your wedding day? You don't hear from him for three years and then he shows up at your door. What could he possible want? Do you listen or push him away?
I love a second chance romance but I wanted to shake Eryn a few times because she was so wishy washy. She knew what she wanted and what she knew to be true but instead of asking questions to get the answers she needed, she would run and hid
LBlalock
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Conquers All ... A Story of Regrets, Reaffirmation & Redemption

If you loved Ella's story in Misadventures of a Backup Bride, then you are sure to be enthralled by her sister Eryn's story. This book is so beyond sensational that I want to tell you in detail everything single thing that will have you turning the pages so fast you'll get a paper cut from your paperback or a hand cramp from your eReader. However, I don't want to ruin the awesomeness that is Misadventures with My Ex for you
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I didn’t enjoy the concept of this story at all. As you know, I love the misadventures books but this one made me angry and annoyed at the male character, West.

These stars are mainly for the writing style itself and once the mistress rubbish was over, I really started to enjoy it. Though I found Eryn to be a bit OTT and dramatic. She was more like a teenager than an adult and her attitude at times irritated me and made me roll my eyes. I did really love the ending though.

This author
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Looking for a powerfully seductive, slow burn, erotic second chance romance with ALL the feels? Than I suggest you pick up Misadventures With My Ex by Shayla Black! This story was, to put it plainly, SO GOOD! Sexy and sizzling with tons of feels and a romance that makes you believe in second chances, I DEVOURED every word in this book.

Shayla Black has always been a must read for me. But this book made my pulse jump and my heart swoon and my panties damp. I loved
Marika
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
second chances are my favourite and this one was even sweeter as not only Weston left Eryn at the altar, but now, three years later, he is back and will do anything to get her back.
I admit I was a bit skeptic..he left her at the altar, I would have buried him lol..
I love Eryn tho..she is not a pushover, and while she still has feelings for him, she doesn't just roll over and do his bidding..she gives as good as she gets.
Entertaining, some drama, crazy hot!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Misadventures with My Ex by Shayla Black is book 21 in the Misadventures Series. This is the story of Eryn Hope and Weston Quaid. This is a standalone book.
Eryn and West were set to marry but things and family got in the way, making West leave her. Now three years later he is back for business but also because he can't live with the one regret of leaving her. Enjoyed this hot, second chance at love story!
Janet Rodman
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eryn Hope was in love with Weston Quaid. They came from two different worlds but their live was strong, or so Eryn thought. Weston skipped out on their wedding day with no explanation. She moved on … somewhat. Eryn opened her own business, a coffee shop that was successful, but her love life was not. Three years later West shows up to tell her that he owns the building her shop is located in and they must shut down for a period of time to make structural changes. Eryn is worried about her worker ...more
Ashley Blaine
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! Steamy, heart wrenching, and all the feels. Read it super quick as I couldn’t put it down.
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I am a big fan of Shayla Black’s work, but I was fascinated to see how she could bring me around with this particular storyline. People who disappear out of the life of someone they love (in this case were about to marry) are difficult to redeem in my opinion. So I did start with a fair degree of skepticism.

As we get the story from both sides, it is easier to have some understanding of West’s unacceptable behaviour, and
Tracy Ashley
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read from one of my go to authors that I did not want to put down. It is a second chance romance and I am not always a fan of those. They must be well written and believable for me to truly enjoy them. Not only was this one both of those but holy s*!# was it hot! Eryn was left on the day of her wedding to West, 3 years ago he had his reasons but she never really found out what they were and he never contacted her. She has never got over him, but now that he is back with bad news ...more
Avid Reader
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures #18) by Shayla Black
4 stars
M/F Second Chance Romance
I was gifted an ARC by the author.

This is the second book that I've read in the series and they were not in order. However, Eryn is present in the previous book that I read, which was Misadventures of a backup bride.

Eryn and Weston (West) have history. We are thrust in to the story with Eryn not having a very good day. She's commiserating about the fact that she was left by a man she thought really love
Linda Dunn
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances

I was looking forward to reading this Misadventure by Shayla Black. Eryn Hope has lost all faith in ever having her HEA. The love of her life or so she thought, jilted her at the alter. She has floundered in her relationships since Weston Quaid. He is a hard act to follow. The man was amazing in bed and knew how to play her like a fiddle. She gave him her heart and love and he kicked it to the curb by making a business choice over their love for each other.

Weston's one and biggest
Sandy S
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 26, 2019

Three years later, West has finally won control of his family empire and fortune, but it cost him Eryn—something he regrets every day. When business forces him to return to her life and temporarily shut down her livelihood, of course she’s furious. But their chemistry is s
  • Misadventures with a Master (Misadventures, #14)
  • Misadventures of a Time Traveler
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend
  • Bull of the Woods (Frisky Beavers, #5)
  • Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks #2.5; Big Sky #4.2)
  • Soaring with Fallon (Big Sky, #4)
  • Axed (Extreme Risk, #4)
  • Nothing Without You (Forever Yours, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.4)
  • Hissy Fit (The Southern Gentleman #1)
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Their Second Chance (The Thalanian Dynasty, #3.5)
  • Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • Misadventures with a Country Boy (Misadventures, #17)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Filthy Lawyer
  • Lost and Found (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #2)
  • All Stars Fall (Seaside Pictures, #3.5; Big Sky, #4.5)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than sixty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, muc