Start by marking “Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)” as Want to Read:
Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)

Misadventures with My Ex

(Misadventures #21)

Once, Eryn Hope fell fast and incurably for Weston Quaid. And he seemed to adore her too—until she learned their love was built on lies when he walked out on their wedding day.

Three years later, West has finally won control of his family empire and fortune, but it cost him Eryn—something he regrets every day. When business forces him to return to her life and temporarily s
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 196 pages
Published March 26th 2019 by Waterhouse Press

Start your review of Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
If you have by any chance read some of my other reviews you will know I have some pet peeves. One of them are the exes who add nothing to the story. When a book is 11 chapters and 196 pages long, I don't want to keep hearing about the other people one of the main characters has slept with. Not until chapter 8 anyway. Up to that point, I was thinking that if didn't get a line about how Eryn slept with other people the book would burst into flames or something. I don't understand why we had to rea ...more
Birty
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Typical Black Romance

Three years ago, Weston left Eyre at the alter, literally, and is now back in her life, and not in a good way. He now owns Eyre’s building which must close for required renovations. Guess what, for the price of paying her bills while her business is closed, West wants her to be his mistress because “he still loves her.” That’s the jest of the story. So if you like weak woman like that you will love this story.

Problems:
1. It’s all about the sex, over and over again. Eyre migh
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-love
One of my favorite books of the series! Considering that I know I enjoy Shayla Black's books in general AND that her other contribution to this series (Misadventures of a Backup Bride) got a five star rating from me, I'm actually surprised at how surprised I was to love Misadventures With My Ex. From the way that we meet West and Eryn, to the way that their past is revealed and their current situations grows - it was just great storytelling. I didn't want to put the book down! I even wanted to g ...more
Rhonda
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romance stories and this one was right up my alley. Eryn and Weston were a couple but when Weston suddenly leaves her, her life goes out of control. Now 3 years later, he knows he made a huge mistake and wants to win her love back. I couldn't put this book down and kept reading late into the night! Wonderful, wonderful story!
Raine
I didn't like it

I didn't like this over the top second chance at love drama. When we find out the reason the were torn apart it seemed pretty thin to me. And Eryn's insecurities are just so eye-rolling annoying.
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
This book is so good I just reread it in one day.

First I love Shayla Black not only is her writing great but she is a beautiful person. Team Wild gave us back up bride. Then Shayla mentioned that this book had characters from Misadventures of a Backup bride. I knew automatically I had to read this one asap.

Wow what a story. Poor West he had to give up the woman he loved for his family. Now he noticed he can't be happy without. Eryn has been unhappy for 3 years. Since the day she was supposed to
Nadine Bookaholic
What's better than a new Shayla Black book? One that is part of the Misadventures series, that's what. This series is so much fun, if you haven't read any of the books yet no worries you can start right here. Each book is a standalone, novella sized romance that takes you on a journey of a Misadventure. Here we have one with an EX so if the Second-Chance-at-Love is a favorite trope of yours your in luck.

Eryn and West have a complicated past, one more complicated than even Eryn knows. West broke
Eva Millien
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She thought he adored her and Eryn Hope fell fast and incurably for Weston Quaid, until he day be walked on their wedding day and readers can’t help but become caught up in West’s determination to win her back in this emotionally gripping misadventure romance. The characters are strong and real which makes it easy for readers to relate to them and the chemistry between West and Eryn is sexy and sizzles with lots of heat. Eryn is determined to protect her heart no matter how undeniable the attrac ...more
Lacie Romano
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angst, some humor, and all the heat one comes to love with Shayla Blacks books. A great addition to the Misadventure series that everyone must read!
Erin Lewis
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Star review of Misadventures With My Ex (Misadventures #18) by Shayla Black
Eryn Hope was left a shattered woman by Weston Quaid after he left her at the altar. Fast forward three years and everything is about to change and not necessarily for the better. Ms.Black had me from the first chapter, hook line and sinker; I really could not put this one down.
Thanks to his family West was forced to walk away from the women he loved and now it seems that fate is about to play another game of chance
Red Hot Romance Blog
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
I received an ARC in return for an honest review. I honestly thought I was going to hate this one. Being we weren’t getting flashbacks I didn’t think I was going to be able to connect with them. I was wrong! I totally felt their heartbreak. I loved West and Eryn together. Although, I was annoyed how Eryn believed his mother after what he told her. I understand the doubting but he told you she was going to try to break you up. She should have given him the benefit of the doubt and talked to him. ...more
Angela
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three year wait...

Eryn Hope and Weston Quaid
Eryn and West were set to be married. But Eryn found herself, jilted at the alter. West put his families business ahead of what should have been the happiest day of their lives. Eryn, never fully recovered from the devastation of that day.
Three years later, on the very day that should be their anniversary, he shows up, as the new owner of the building where her diner is located. West has good news, and bad news for Eryn...
This Misadventure made me smi
Cc
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chance, jilted, eh
2.5⭐️'s

On paper? Right up my alley. BUT..................in reality, angst was very superficial and, good grief, there was so much sex that if those scenes had been deleted this would have been about 75 pages long. Where's all the angsty, cheaty goodness that gives readers the chills? The feels? The anger? The loneliness? And then finanally, the redemption? Oh well, at least I borrowed from a friend.

Writing is decent, hence the 2.5 rating.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, quick read, the only warning for this book is be careful where you read it cause the hot sex scenes may make you blush and squirm!
So no to the airport, or airplanes!
Perfect for the beach or bedtime!
That said, if you’re looking for an easy, predictable second chance romance this it. Well written, my only issue with second chance romances is that sometimes there shouldn’t be one!
After what happened between Eryn and Wes, I’m not sure a second chance romance is what I’d be after...may
TheSassyNerdBlog
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-2019-reads
Once again, Ms. Shayla Black flaws me. Takes my breath away and throws me into a plot that I just could not get enough of.

Misadventures with My Ex was a fun, easy going kind of read, one that I could have easily finished in one sitting, but knowing there is an end to a book that I've fallen hard for, I always try and pre-long the ending.. It's both torture, yet rewarding. I put it down, telling myself I would at least let this read stretch out for a week.. FAIL.. within a few hours I had picked
Booklover Merci
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaded and bitter Eryn wants nothing more than to get drunk and wallow in self pity on the 3 year anniversary of being left at the alter by the only man she truly trusted and loved..Then in walks the devil himself Weston Quaid..Suddenly all the feelings of hatred and anger are being pushed to the side when her body betrays her with her want for him..A second chance love story full of steam,fear of betrayal that leaves you with the knowlegde that love truly does conquer all..Shayla Black is a visi ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have to prepare myself for the rant I'm about to unleash on this poor excuse of a story....deep breath....it sucked. That's honestly the only way I can sum this book up. Within the first few chapters, I could tell this book wasn't going to be a winner, but I saw how few chapters there were and I decided to try and finish out the book. Give it a real chance. Unfortunately, a few chapters later, I had to give up once I realized this book was a waste of reading time.

First things first: even the p
KFForever
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

I didn’t know what to expect when I started this one but what I got was the most delectable slice of chocolate cake. I adore second chance romances and this one checked all the boxes.

Eryn and West were supposed to get married three years ago, only West left her hanging and moved to New York. So much water under the bridge leads to all that lovely tension and salacious behaviours I have come to relish from this author. Through
Mary Mooney
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you are about to marry the man of your dreams but he walks away, literally on your wedding day? You don't hear from him for three years and then he shows up at your door. What could he possible want? Do you listen or push him away?
I love a second chance romance but I wanted to shake Eryn a few times because she was so wishy washy. She knew what she wanted and what she knew to be true but instead of asking questions to get the answers she needed, she would run and hid
Christine
May 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was not a romance, this was gaslighting.

West left Eryn years ago without explanation but he loves her still, even though he's slept with other women since he left her on their wedding day. So West's plan is to offer to pay her to be his mistress for six weeks in exchange for paying for her shop's rent and employees' salaries. Gee, Eryn tells him, this feels a lot like I'm a whore. Oh no, this isn't, West helpfully clarifies, because this sexual bargain is really about saving your business
Sol Mendez
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I was a little skeptical to read this misadventure, because personally I don't want any with an EX lol. So I gave it a chance and dived in. This story was great!

Eryn being left on her wedding day 3 years ago by West Quaid has ruined her towards relationships and men because she still feels for him. 3 years later as always on there suppose wedding date she puts on her dress and gets drunk, but that one day everything changes. Weston walks into her apartment and over hears all her confessions f
L
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Conquers All ... A Story of Regrets, Reaffirmation & Redemption

If you loved Ella's story in Misadventures of a Backup Bride, then you are sure to be enthralled by her sister Eryn's story. This book is so beyond sensational that I want to tell you in detail everything single thing that will have you turning the pages so fast you'll get a paper cut from your paperback or a hand cramp from your eReader. However, I don't want to ruin the awesomeness that is Misadventures with My Ex for you so
Lucii Dixon
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I didn’t enjoy the concept of this story at all. As you know, I love the misadventures books but this one made me angry and annoyed at the male character, West.

These stars are mainly for the writing style itself and once the mistress rubbish was over, I really started to enjoy it. Though I found Eryn to be a bit OTT and dramatic. She was more like a teenager than an adult and her attitude at times irritated me and made me roll my eyes. I did really love the ending though.

This author
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Looking for a powerfully seductive, slow burn, erotic second chance romance with ALL the feels? Than I suggest you pick up Misadventures With My Ex by Shayla Black! This story was, to put it plainly, SO GOOD! Sexy and sizzling with tons of feels and a romance that makes you believe in second chances, I DEVOURED every word in this book.

Shayla Black has always been a must read for me. But this book made my pulse jump and my heart swoon and my panties damp. I loved
Janet Rodman
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eryn Hope was in love with Weston Quaid. They came from two different worlds but their live was strong, or so Eryn thought. Weston skipped out on their wedding day with no explanation. She moved on … somewhat. Eryn opened her own business, a coffee shop that was successful, but her love life was not. Three years later West shows up to tell her that he owns the building her shop is located in and they must shut down for a period of time to make structural changes. Eryn is worried about her worker ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Misadventures with My Ex by Shayla Black is book 21 in the Misadventures Series. This is the story of Eryn Hope and Weston Quaid. This is a standalone book.
Eryn and West were set to marry but things and family got in the way, making West leave her. Now three years later he is back for business but also because he can't live with the one regret of leaving her. Enjoyed this hot, second chance at love story!
Marika
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
second chances are my favourite and this one was even sweeter as not only Weston left Eryn at the altar, but now, three years later, he is back and will do anything to get her back.
I admit I was a bit skeptic..he left her at the altar, I would have buried him lol..
I love Eryn tho..she is not a pushover, and while she still has feelings for him, she doesn't just roll over and do his bidding..she gives as good as she gets.
Entertaining, some drama, crazy hot!
Ashley Blaine
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! Steamy, heart wrenching, and all the feels. Read it super quick as I couldn’t put it down.
Destiny Sanderson
I loved this ❤️♥️♥️♥️♥️ so much this is a very good story and it is so sweet that you can pick up where you left off if it is ment to be
Lucy Leigh J
Jul 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’ve enjoyed past misadventures books but this one was so boring.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Misadventures in a Threesome
  • Misadventures with a Book Boyfriend #19
  • Misadventures with a Country Boy (Misadventures, #17)
  • Misadventures with a Twin
  • Misadventures at City Hall
  • Misadventures on the Rebound (Misadventures, #16)
  • Misadventures with a Master: A Misadventures Novella
  • Misadventures with a Manny (Misadventures, #14)
  • Misadventures with a Sexpert
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures #13)
  • Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Misadventures of a Time Traveler
  • Misadventures of a Curvy Girl (Misadventures #18)
  • Misadventures with a Professor (Misadventures, #15)
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Misadventures of a Valedictorian (Misadventures, #7)
  • Misadventures with a Rock Star (Misadventures, #12)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of nearly eighty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, much

Misadventures (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #1)
  • Misadventures of a Backup Bride (Misadventures, #2)
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Misadventures of a Virgin  (Misadventures, #4)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Misadventures of a Valedictorian (Misadventures, #7)
  • Misadventures of a College Girl (Misadventures, #8)
  • Misadventures with My Roommate (Misadventures, #9)
  • Misadventures of a Rookie (Misadventures, #10)

Articles featuring this book

Do you know who you'll be falling in love with this month? We've got suggestions… Every month, our team takes a look at the new romance books...
“You and I are ancient history, and nothing will change the fact you turned out to be an asshat whose best talent lies between the sheets.” 0 likes