Start by marking “Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures, #13)” as Want to Read:
Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures, #13)

Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures, #13)

***MISADVENTURES ARE STANDALONE ROMANCES THAT CAN BE READ IN ANY ORDER***

Brooks Carter is wild, reckless, and the youngest stock car driver on the professional circuit. He’s the one everyone’s gunning for when they’re not hoping for his failure at every turn. But Brooks is too hot to be left in the dust by anyone. Even with masses of female fans, Brooks only has eyes for o
Kindle Edition
Published September 18th 2018 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about Misadventures with a Speed Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misadventures with a Speed Demon

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
3 Fast CROWNS

Misadventures with a Speed Demon was light and fun, and I found the story to be entertaining. It did, however, lack the wow factor.

Both the hero and heroine had their moments.  I enjoyed their conversations and their banter. I liked the flirting and the intimacy was hot. I found, though, that I did not seem to connect with them. I didn't feel the passion or the falling in love or the lust.

The story, similar to that of the characters was enjoyable, but it lacked a meaty conflict tha
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gah these misadventures books keep getting better and better.

When I seen Chelle was releasing Speed Demon I knew I had to read that beauty and I’m damn sure glad I did. It was fun, fast and super freaking sexy!

Brooks comes from nothing, he grew up not knowing his dad and his mum preferring alcohol over him, he had a shitty start and was determined to make his life better and the one way to do that, that stood out to him was racing. Nothing makes him as happy as getting behind the wheel did. Wit
Tpagirl
Misadventures with a Speed Demon by Chelle Bliss was the fifteenth book in the Misadventures series. The series was steamy novellas written by various best selling romance authors. They can each be read as a stand-alone.

Brooks Carter was the new kid on the block in the professional racing world. He was given a break by one of the best names in the industry, Ridley Racing. He had a tough childhood and has worked hard through the ranks to get this chance.

Faith Ridley was the daughter to Beau Ridle
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Nothing really memorable about this one but I kept chugging through it. The girl was kind of dumb though
Kayla Brunson
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arc, read-in-2018
“That’s exactly what I’ve been doing - falling in love with Brooks Carter.”

This was a steamy quick read from Chelle Bliss. I loved our two main characters Faith and Brooks. The chemistry was there from the very beginning and I was really crossing my fingers for a happy ending for them!

Now, there were times that I wanted to shake Faith! This girl can jump to conclusions faster than anybody I know. Some things could have been avoided if she gave Brooks the time to talk.

All in all, it was steamy
Under the Covers Book Blog
Oh boy, I was super excited to start this because I have been in the mood to read about race car drivers.  In my search I stumbled across this book and it's by an author I've been wanting to try for a while.  Let's just say that in the end I won't let this book discourage me from trying another book by this author.  However, I found it extremely irritating.

Let me clarify that.  I found the characters irritating.  This is definitely the type of new adult book that I'm usually not a big fan of.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Speed Demon by Chelle Bliss is book 15 in the Misadventures series. This is the story of Brooks Carter and Faith Ridley. This is a standalone book for sure, but it has been a great series so far so you might wish to read the others.
Brooks grew up with a hard and fast but the one thing he found he is good at and loves is racing. When he is picked up by Ridley racing it a step into the big leagues. Faith is to show Brooks around and help him get settled into what is to come for Brooks. Sparks fly
Naughty Mom Story Time
I’m a bit saddened. I’m a huge fan of Chelle Bliss and of the Misadventures series, but this book seemed to fall short for me. It took me too long to read (my usual is a day) and even then I had to force myself to keep going.

My initial thought was that it seemed familiar. Either to another book or something I’ve seen on TV or in a movie. Not the whole story, but part of the premise.

Then Faith and Brook gave into their ‘insta-connection’ way too soon for me. I still hadn’t connected with either
Brie
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
🌟3.5 STARS🌟
Exciting and sensual, Misadventures with a Speed Demon is an insta love, adrenaline fueled AND filled rush!

Brooks Carter is a wild card and so dang on cheeky! Not only is he known for dominating the circuit in racing, but he maneuvered his way right into my heart! This guy—this passionate, humble, at times boastful guy with the soft heart, and who came from nothing—this guy carried this entire book for me!

So why the 3.5 rating? Though I fell in insta lust with Brooks rather quickly,
Rose
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! I LOVED BROOKES!!!

In my opinion, this book was different than I'm used to reading from Chelle Bliss. Not bad different, just different. Brookes was a different kind of alpha, more in tune with his, and others, feelings. I liked that he wanted to fit in and be accepted. That, even though we knew he was cocky when it came to racing, he didn't let that bleed over into other parts of his life.

Faith was smart, cute, the ultimate daddy's girl. Even though she comes from money, she wasn't snott
Amanda Adams Steward
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY BOYS LETS GO RACING!! I loved this book. I was gifted this book by the author and I am glad to read it and review it. This is unlike any of Chelle’s other books to me. I’m a HUGE Nascar fan this book gave me butterflies and was so sweet. I will admit at times I guessed what was going to happen. I mean why else make statements. Brookes is a strong hero and is swooney and Faith she is a VERY strong heroine she knows what she wants and she goes after it.
Erin Lewis
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review of a Misadventures of a Speed Demon by Chelle Bliss (Misadventures #15)
The Misadventures Series is written by so many different and wildly talented authors and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
This book is Brooks Carter and Faith Ridley story and what a great read it was. It has it all sweet, sexy, romantic and altogether a story that hooked me from the start.
The was a fast quick paced read and well written. The chemistry between Brooks and Faith was scorching and
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
Misadventures with a Speed Demon is sort of mixed bag for me - I was sucked in by the prologue, it lost me a bit after that, but then I was all in. This is a case where I liked the hero much better than the heroine: Brooks is just a more sympathetic character, plus I feel like we got to know him a lot more than Faith and because of that she comes off as a bit spoiled and entitled. I love that he was the first to see that he wanted their relationship to be more than a fling and that he did not ba ...more
Melissa B
I have read and loved quite a few of these Misadventures books and this book was no exception! I was in love with this book, so much so, I read it within hours because I was so enamored with Brooks and Faith's story. Brooks is a sexy, gorgeous race car driver hired to join Ridley Racing which is Faith's family team. Faith is a beautiful, fiesty woman who definitely catches the eye of Brooks Carter. What happens when two people who shouldn't be involved just can't keep their hands off each other? ...more
Snow
when you read a book some time ago, and you don't really remember any specifics about it...
*facepalm*

I m not going to rate it, since I honestly can't say or justify any rating I could give just like that, it wouldn't be fair, I knew it was okay, but obviously in the sea of so many books, I got lost in translation...so, I'm gonna leave it at that...
Lynn Reynolds
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Faith Ridley belongs to a family that lives and breathes the need for speed. Brooks Carter also lives for speed. When these two first meet you can feel the sparks. If you’re one that likes/loves to watch auto racing, whether in person or on TV, this will feed into your need for speed.

Even though I like to read a book at a leisurely pace, this story had its own ideas. I grew up watching all the NASCAR races – it was a family thing. We used to have a local track and when my parent
Heather Miller
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick read. In this book we have Brooks Carter, who is a young man now on the circuit for stock car racing. A smaller company Ridley’s, has taken interest in Brooks Carter to come and race for them.

The owner of Ridley’s was once a stock car driver and now managers his son plus Brooks. Mr. Beau Ridley has done very well in the race car world, and his family has grown up wealthy due to that success. Beau’s son Roscoe, isn’t impressed with Brooks. They will be racing together and they do
Sassy Southern
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a flaming hot, quick read. The chemistry between Brooks and Faith was so genuine, that it really stole the show. These two couldn’t have come from more different backgrounds, but they each worked hard to achieve where they presently are in their lives.
This particular book was insta-love, with some of the hottest scenes in any misadventures book. I would have definitely enjoyed it even more if it was a full length novel.
My favorite part of this particular misadventures story was we got t
Lisa
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh do I love cars and men and this one is just as hot and steamy. Brooks is a hot up and coming driver who will melt your panties off. He has a new career that he is about to knock out. However one person is making him take pause in what is really important. Faith knows what she wants and her family has always come first. A tight relationship with her brother and father and a love for racing that rivals anyone. When Brooks and Faith meet sparks do fly, but sometimes you can't always get what you ...more
Kylee
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This latest addition to the Misadventures series is one that will have your heart racing and the rest of you purring like the engine of a race car. The attraction between Brooks and Faith is fast and fierce. It is a scary chemistry that will have both of them risking family and futures. This story will have you gripping every word like a tyre on a race car hugs the track. Misadventures with a Speed Demon is an instant attraction kind of love that will knock your socks off and have you standing a ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure about the book in the beginning. It was appealing to me and I took a break after a chapter to two trying deciding to take it seriously after a while. I am so glad that I decided to continue the book. The more I read, the more I was liking it and in the end, I loved it. It was quite tame for a misadventure and I was completely ok with it. It felt like a romance novel and I was shipping the main characters. The secondary ones were interesting characters and I wish that the author wou ...more
Heather andrews
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brooks doesn't need his woman to tell him twice, lLeave the pants there,” she says. I immediately drop them. Stalking toward her with nothing covering my body..." Brooks is quite the crude man, but da*n if it isn't sexy, “anyway, my balls are my business. Unless they’re in your mouth— then they’re yours.” I loved this book, I fell in love with Brooks.
Amanda Dubuque
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chelle does it again, another amazing 5 star book. Brooks and Faith's story is one you can't put down once you start reading it, loved it. Sexy race car driver falls for his boss's daughter. Lots of great sex and fast cars, great combination.
D.L. Gallie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun quick read. Nothing beats instaloveabd Chelle captured the love between Brooks and Faith perfectly.
I had a total dad crush on Mr Ridley, but he was nothing compared to Brooks **sigh**
I’d like to know more about Roscoe HINT HINT Chelle
Danny Jeffery
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Misadventures with a Speed Demon was a nice quick read. It was sexy and steamy and our leads, Brooks and Faith had great chemistry that really heated up the pages. The story flowed effortlessly, it was engaging and I was able to devour it in one sitting. An enjoyable read.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Brooks is amazing. And Brooks and Faith's chemistry is of the charts.
Taz Lozada
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good fast read. Insta attraction characters had some depth. Enjoying the misadventures series
Debbie Watson
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brooks and Faith's book set the pages on fire! My favorite book of the Misadventures books. A definite must read!
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Loved it!
Karen Arrowood
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
A quick, sexy but fun read
ACPL Online Book ...: I can't drive 55! 1 3 Oct 23, 2018 03:18PM

• Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures, #21)
  • Misadventures with a Master (Misadventures, #14)
  • Misadventures with a Country Boy (Misadventures, #17)
  • Misadventures of a Valedictorian (Misadventures, #7)
  • Misadventures of a Time Traveler
  • Misadventures with a Manny (Misadventures, #14)
  • Misadventures with a Rock Star (Misadventures, #12)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • Misadventures with a Professor (Misadventures, #15)
  • Constantine: A History Part 3
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #11)
Chelle Bliss, USA Today Bestselling author, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico. She's a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She's written over thirteen books and has three series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.
➡Chelle's Available Books: http://chellebliss.com/books