Start by marking “I Hate You, I Love You” as Want to Read:
I Hate You, I Love You

I Hate You, I Love You

There’s a fine line between love and hate. And these two can’t decide which side they’re really on. . . .

Poetry professor Naomi Price is loved by her students, happily works around the clock, and has credentials no one could deny. Except, it seems, for her arch-nemesis at Hainamor University. The man never has anything polite to say, and now the two of them are competing f
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 272 pages
Published October 9th 2018 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about I Hate You, I Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate You, I Love You

Cyndi
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story! Our heroine teaches poetry at a prestigious college our hero is a colleague who teaches creative writing. Their snarky back and forths are so much fun! Proclaimed enemies the two become in a contest to choose the winner of a teaching award. Forced to work together their hate takes some interesting turns. This isn’t your regular romance, this has heartbreaking back stories.
Wonderful story with wonderful characters. This book is hard to put down!
Christa
12/31/18 On Sale $1.99

“It takes the same amount of energy to love someone as it does to hate them.”

Naomi is an English professor working at her dream job, except she can’t stand one of her colleagues. Sebastian is another professor, a published author, and an asshole - just ask Naomi. When they are both nominated for an award with some serious perks, the competition is on. Unfortunately, there are a few events that will require them working together.

“You are a deplorable person. How dare you
Addie H
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it

There's clever, amusing, snarky burns and banter, and there's what is going on in this book.

Immature adults fighting like my 10 and 7 year old niece and nephew. It's immature, annoying to listen to, and you just want to leave the room.

It felt like someone read The Hating Game and thought they could write something similar.

description

Not even close.
Jacob Proffitt
This is an adequate romance with a stupid dark moment that is visible coming from miles away. Both Naomi and Sebastian have tragedy in their pasts that affect their lives and relationships. That they don't talk about, even internally. It's over halfway before you get details, but it isn't hard to figure out because neither the authors or characters are terribly subtle.

At least Naomi makes sense. She's in there trying to be a good person and kind to those around her. Sebastian is just a huge jerk
Jackie
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Perhaps it's because I'm a former English professor, and the setting of this book—a small Vermont liberal arts college—did not feel real. Or because I'm a former book editor, and the publishing details did not feel real. Or maybe it's because the book's romantic leads act more like squabbling middle schoolers than people mature enough to be charged with educating college students. Or maybe it's because the book is just not as funny as other enemies to lovers stories (such as Christina Lauren's D ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun enemies to lovers story as two college professors duke it out for top honors at their college. There is lots of snarky banter between Sebastian and Naomi and there is a nice slow build to their relationship as they spend more and more time together. There is definitely chemistry between these two but they are both stubbornly fighting it. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of reading with this lighthearted story. I highly recommend it.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
I've read nine chapters, and there's a lack of chemistry. The concept's great, but the execution is clunky. None of the characters feel real to me, and I'm bored when I should be shipping.
Juliana
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars.
I received a digital ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I Hate You, I Love You is a romcom book about two professors who clash from the start. It is a classic case of Hate at First Sight, a favorite trope of mine when done well. Let me start with the couple little things that made me rate it the way it did. The spark between them took some time to get going. They clashed and fought immediately but it made me wonder how they could really turn their feelings around. Why
Monique V
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was romantic in such an organic way that you don't doubt that the characters are in love. In fact this book was a little short becuase the authors could have elaborated on it and turned it into an epic love story that expands for many years!! I thoroughly enjoyed this novel with all the beautiful emotional moments that made me tear up at times and the great banter that made me laugh and want a relationship like the one they have!
Nadia
As some have mentioned before, it's got that The Hating Game vibe, except I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. The main conflict is predictable and I didn't care much for the hero's grand gesture. I didn't care much about the hero either.
Naomi, the heroine, she was a delight. The snark was also pretty good which made this book readable. It's a nice read, all in all.
Brianna
I Hate You, I Love You by Elizabeth Hayley follows two college teachers who can not stand each other - Naomi Price and Sebastian Blake. Naomi is this sweet poetry teacher whom everyone loves, except Sebastian, who is as grumpy as he is hot! These two have never gotten along and have barely tolerated each other these past few years, but are currently both up for the same award. Now, not only are these two competing against each other, but they also have to work together!

As I was reading this one,
Monique V
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you netgalley for a copy of this book!

This book was pretty good. I haven't read any book before with professors falling in love but since hate to love is my favorite trope ever I had to read this book. The characters are so likable and the romance takes time to develop but it develops into a very cute romance. I recommend you pick this up if you want a cozy fun read!
Janet
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Ok, so it wasn’t as good as The Hating Game, but this love/hate romance had surprisingly more depth than I expected going in. It also wasn’t heavy handed on the New Adult side of things, a nit picky concern of mine. Instead, the story could easily stand on its own. I’d say equal amounts of time were given to the love and the hate, although the transfer of emotions itself could have used a bit of work.
Peggy Jaeger
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Haters to lovers; enemies to friends; colleagues to life-time partners. I love stories that embrace these tropes. I HATE YOU I LOVE YOU encompasses them all.

When college professors Naomi Pride and Sebastian Blake find out they are both up for a prestigious university award, these rivals go into hyperdrive trying to one-up the other to ensure they are each the winner. Both are deserving and both know it. And both think the other…isn’t.

From her very first day on the job, when Sebastian embarrassed
Kristine
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.com...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

I am always game for a good enemy to lover story and the comedic relief that it often offers. I Hate You, I Love You sounded like the perfect book to get my fix.

I found this book to be average. I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. It provided me with a few hours of entertainment but there were a few things that
nick
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Who doesn't love a good hate-to-love romance? I could hardly resist a romance novel with a title such as "I Hate You, I Love You"! I'm so glad I gave this one a shot because it was so entertaining.

First of all, I loved how both these characters were college professors. I don't think I've ever read a romance novel between two professors, but it was great and now I want more. Sebastian and Naomi work for the English department at their university. Sebastian specializes in creative fiction whi
Antonella
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I love love love good enemies to lovers novel.
This one had its moments of greatness, some great banter and equally magnificent inner dialogue.
Other than those moments it was just an okay read.
Could have...should have....

And where is the epilogue?!

I love these ladies..check them out!
Will read more of Elizabeth and Hayley!
Ash
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Grade=B-
Romance Rehab
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
There’s nothing really obnoxiously wrong with this book. But it’s supposed to be a rom com. The cover is super rom com-y, and it’s listed in the rom com category on Amazon. But there’s one big problem with this as a rom com.

It’s. Not. Funny.

I’ve run into enough unfunny rom coms lately to suggest that, perhaps, authors and publishers are confused as to what a rom com is. See, folks, the “com” in rom com stands for COMEDY. If your book isn’t funny, it’s not a rom com. It’s just as simple (and com
arellih
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-na-chicklit, 2018
Took me A LOT to finish this as real life and hiatus happened. And I even received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review.

Here it goes:

Cute book. I liked it, though it had some steamy moments I didn’t see coming. I liked the back story. All in all, it reminded me a bit of The Hating Game. Still, 3 stars!
Laundry
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y'all. It took me 9 whole days to break my book slump. I don't know what it was, but thank the Lord for this book. I mean, obviously, with a title like that, I was absolutely enthralled. Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes. I totally forgot I had this badboy waiting for me on my kindle. And 3 hours after starting, I was finished and the slump had been broken. Booya!

Story Line: Let's talk about the setting of this gorgeous book. It takes place at a college campus in New England. I'm al
Candyce Kirk
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Reading this description I was pretty excited. I have been a big fan of enemies to lovers romances, because they have some great moments. In I Hate You, I Love You we meet Naomi and Sebastian. They're both teachers and since the beginning they haven't seen eye to eye. This only gets worse when they find out they're competing for the same award.

I loved the bickering between these two characters and it had me laughing out loud. It was clear even though they seemed to hate each other, there was som
LeeAnne
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, I wasn’t able to put it down once I started it and I’m giving 4 stars. Sebastian is a cranky English professor who has had a rough time in life after the loss of his wife and daughter. Sebastian is an extra large a$$ to Naomi, the Poetry professor whose office cubicle is directly across from his and Naomi equally despises him, despite the physical attraction between the two. To make a tough situation even worse, the two have both been nominated for an award at the col ...more
Liz
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I Hate You, I Love You by Elizabeth Hayley is an enemies-to-lovers romance with great banter and bickering! Naomi Price and Sebastian Blake both work for the same university and cannot stand each other. But when they are both nominated for the same award, all bets are off. But can you really hate someone you have so much chemistry with?

I laughed at their childish antics, but both were determined to win the award. There were actually times I thought there was no way these two would get over the
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
This story ended up really surprising me. I enjoyed the real feel of it and the emotions surrounding both the H and h's pasts. I thought the beginning was perfect in creating sexual chemistry through their hate for each other, but the story really got good when Sebastian and Naomi started to explore their true feelings for each other. As that got to know about each other and their respective pasts, their chemistry grew even more. I love enemies to lovers and this one not only tugged at my heart ...more
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't expecting this book to get so deep, but I liked it. The change from hate to love felt very organic and made sense once we learned the background of the characters.

I didn't like the change in POV. It was important, but it made no sense. We would get a lot of chapters with Naomi and suddenly just one with Sebastian. I wanted to see more from Sebastian side. I also didn't like how her friends just disappeared from the book.

But I really enjoyed reading this, there were some really funny an
Samantha Brody
I loved this. A LOT. It was cute and fun and just the sort of romcom-y, college professor-set romance that I adore (and listen, the rivalry and the banter and the Cute One entrancing the Grumpy One is all sorts of right up my alley).

What I didn't like? What I hate. Is that cover. So please ignore that when reading.
Amanda
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those hate to love stories that I absolutely love. But, this is my favorite one!!! I was so engrossed in the story. It went from a 3 star to a 4 star to a 5 star book! I fell in love with the characters. I cried, I belly laughed, I enjoyed myself. It was a pleasure reading this from beginning to end. Thank you so much to NetGalley for allowing me to review this book!
Ariel
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
This one was okay. I liked the premise, but didn't much care for the execution. The characters felt a little boring, there wasn't enough build-up from enemies to friends to lovers for me.
Jenny Bravo
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The sarcasm and the witty banter between Sebastian and Naomi is EPIC. I loved reading through this. The hot smut was lovely too. 😍🤣
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Deepest Well (Dominion, #0.5)
  • What Were You Thinking, Paige Taylor?
  • Packaged Husband (Trophy Husbands, #3)
  • Tick Tock (EOD, #1)
  • Teach Me Sweetly
  • The Older Man
  • Front Porches and Funerals (Swamp Bottom Novella #1)
  • Winning Ruby Heart
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • I'll Be Damned (Anna Wolfe #1)
  • Love Me Crazy
  • Edge of Temptation (The Edge, #2)
  • Souled (Souled, #1)
  • Amnesia
  • The Reigning and the Rule (Surviving Time, #2)
  • Saint Or Sinner (Bad Things #8)
  • Going the Distance
  • Gabriel (Elven Chronicles, #1)
Elizabeth Hayley is actually "Elizabeth" and "Hayley," two friends who love reading romance novels to obsessive levels. This mutual love prompted them to put their English degrees to good use by penning their own. The product is Pieces of Perfect, their debut novel. They learned a ton about one another through the process, like how they clearly share a brain and have a persistent need to text each ...more