Start by marking “It Ends with Her” as Want to Read:
It Ends with Her

It Ends with Her

He started the game. She’ll end it.

FBI special agent Clarke Sinclair doesn’t give up easily. She’s spent years tracking serial killer Simon Cross, forced to follow his twisted clues and photographs across the country. Clarke knows that Cross selects only redheaded women and that he doesn’t target another victim until Clarke discovers the previous one.

He’s never broken patt
Published May 1st 2018 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about It Ends with Her, please sign up.
Brianna Labuskes Hi there! Thank you for your question! I completely understand your hesitancy with that topic. There is a brief mention of an animal being killed in o…moreHi there! Thank you for your question! I completely understand your hesitancy with that topic. There is a brief mention of an animal being killed in one chapter, so I will warn you of that. Take care of yourself, that's the most important thing!

All the best,
Brianna(less)
Danielle Achterfeld It says that it is a stand-alone; however, it reads as it should be part of a series.

Start your review of It Ends with Her
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
At first I was up and down with this book, but then I got into it!

Clarke Sinclair is an FBI Agent with her friend Sam. They have been looking for the serial killer, Simon Cross for some years now.

Now he's back and sending things to Clarke. Will she be able to capture him this time before he kills another girl or girls?

This book has two POV's. One is in the present with Clarke. The second POV is of Simon and his past. It shows how he turned out the way he is; although I think it goes deeper th
Marina
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
There are three POVs
1) Clarke – the main (and not very likeable character) – whose chapters were long and rambling.
2) Adelaide – a child.
3) Bess – a victim. (These chapters were much more exciting.)
I found the ‘serial killer v FBI / cat and mouse’ plot over-complicated, the relationships unlikely and the whole set- up quite improbable.
Liz Barnsley
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Ends With Her is a really excellent crime/psychological thriller with a serial killer vibe, lifted by it’s main protagonist Clarke, an FBI agent with a mission, whose divisive nature and intriguing background really make this one truly addictive.

The story itself is twisted and clever, a cat and mouse game that Clarke must win – by the time we meet her, it does feel like we are in the end game with horrific murderer Simon Cross – I loved this because there was no whodunnit to worry about, we k
Bridgett
Aug 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm going to write this review as I'm reading the book.

13% through -- Wow, this book is slow. I keep trying to sit down and read it, but get bored and find something else to do. I think Clarke is supposed to be interesting, but her story is tedious instead. I'd rather read more about Bess and Adelaide. Status: Not impressed.

27% -- To say the relationship between Sam and Clarke is dysfunctional is the understatement of the year. And it's so uninteresting. Do we really need all these flashba
Joey R.
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.0 Stars— “It Ends With Her” was a Kindle First selection that I thought sounded interesting so I decided to give it a try. I never read Brianna Labuskes before, and I admit to being impressed with her ability to build suspense and to include several plot twists throughout the book. The book is told from the perspective of three different characters: Clarke— the FBI agent whose life mission is to find the serial killer, Simon, before he kills again. Bess— one of Simon’s currently kidnapped vict ...more
☙ nemo ❧
this was mega predictable which is why i can't give it more than three stars, but the writing and characterisation were both very good. good characterisation and psychological insights can be pretty rare in thrillers, so that was a pleasant surprise. ultimately, though, i can't fully enjoy a book if i guess pretty much everything that's going on.
Jody McGrath
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this psychological thriller. Most of the twists and turns were not giant "aha" moments. They were easy to see coming, but that didn't distract from the great plot and honest gritty characters. I read this entire book in one sitting, so I don't agree that it was slow at all. I was really impressed with the pacing. Having it switch from certain POVs and certain times, really fueled the story instead of confusing it which so many other books do. I highly recommend this one!
Jenny
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, crime, mystery
"It Ends with Her" is about two people and their obsession with each other. FBI Special Agent Clarke Sinclair was involved in chasing serial killer Simon Cross with the help of her partner FBI Special Agent Sam Gallagher. However, finding Simon Cross was not as easy as Clarke and Sam thought after he changed his pattern by taking two girls together. The readers of It Ends With Her will continue to follow the twists and turns of FBI Special Agent Clarke Sinclair and FBI Special Agent Sam Gallaghe ...more
Suze
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
IT ENDS WITH HER

I usually love thrillers, this book has a lot of action-a scavenger hunt, and a couple of very determined FBI agents. The plot was good, my problem with the book was the characters. Both Sam and Clarke seemed incomplete, and not very likeable. When I love a book, it is because of the characters- this book not so much.

Kevin Dowson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read as a Kindle First pick for April.

Okay, so I had a few issues with this book, particularly in the early stages. Those issues primarily centred around Clarke, the main protagonist. She was clearly a basket case with so many psychological issues I just wanted to shake her...very hard. But more importantly, wouldn't the FBI require psychological evaluations for their agents? I'm pretty sure they would, and equally sure an alcoholic, self-harming basket case with major anger issues would never m
Alaina
So good!

It Ends With Her was a really good mystery book. It kept me guessing every little thing. I honestly wanted to figure things out before I read it and I enjoyed every page.

This book follows FBI agent Clarke Sinclair. She is chasing a serial killer and the entire time you are wanting to know how these two are connected. THE ENTIRE TIME GUYS. Or it could just be me. The killer is always steps ahead of her and her team.. well, until the day he isn't. The killer has changed his MO and Clarke i
Debbie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

So the beginning of this book was a bit touch and go for me. I'm okay with the slow revealing plot but I had trouble finding something to hold on to that would carry me forward in the story. The characters were not very appealing to me and at times annoying. Part of the plot was to figure out the connection between Sam and Clarke, and the lack of information and background made it more difficult to connect to them. Too much was kept from the reader which would have helped explain their
Pat
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story, I’ll be looking at the author’s other books.
Katy Askeland
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A page turning thriller

I chose this book as my Kindle First selection for April, as there was no other book I was remotely interested in. I'm glad I did.

While this may be Brianna Labuskes first novel, she is clearly an accomplished writer. The descriptions were thorough, sentence structure was good and it was well edited. I flew through the pages pretty quickly and it kept me up at night much later than I had wanted. To me, that is the mark of a great book.

So, why did I give it four stars instea
Beatrix
If there was anything in life that was predictable, it was the rage men felt when women mocked them.

I wanted to start with that quote, I feel it's so powerful, it really got me thinking. The book, among other thing, deals with the topic of domestic abuse. However, at its core, It Ends with Her is about an FBI agent Clarke trying to catch a serial killer who is somewhat obsessed with her. I loved the title, btw, it totally fits.

I'll admit that the beginning was a bit tricky for me. It starts
Brigid Keely
May 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I got this book as part of an Amazon First Reads deal and was excited to start it. I haven't read a thriller in a while and the blurb sounded good. However, I didn't make it very far into this book before setting it aside.

The protagonist is deeply unlikable, and not in a "if it's a man it's ok but if it's a woman it's unlikable" way. She is a walking cliche... brilliant student who bombed to become a desk jockey alcoholic who also self harms, dragged back into action by an older mentor guy for r
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
FBI agent Clarke Sinclair is chasing a serial killer. She and her partner, Sam, are being led around the country on a scavenger hunt of sorts, following cryptic clues the killer leaves for them. It seems they are never quite in time to save the victim, but the latest string of clues is different - he's changed the game and it is personal to Clarke. Clarke must battle her own internal demons and past if she wants to win.

This book was excellent. I didn't particularly like any of the characters, b
Bev Youngberg
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly enjoyable if you like twists!

I went into this book hesitantly. At first I thought it was another “bad a$$ female agent” novel, but once you dive into each character, you find each has their own flaws that compliment one another perfectly. A truly great novel highlighting the impact of child abuse, the psyche of the abused, and how it gnaws at them for the rest of their lives. I recommend giving this novel a chance if you want a thriller, mystery and a good puzzle.
Chris Steeden
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
‘Three girls were dead, brutally murdered because they happened to have red hair and bad luck.’

‘He was fastidious, bordering on perfect, and far too brilliant to do something as amateur as show up at his victim’s funeral. He’d led them on a countrywide scavenger hunt and hadn’t left a single fingerprint or fleck of DNA behind…’ Simon Cross is a serial killer. Trying to catch him is Special Agent Clarke Sinclair.

So begins another novel with a clever serial killer offering up clues to the FBI. Th
Literati Literature Lovers
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark Thriller

I hate when reviewers say that a book is hard to review, but this one is because a review could ruin the plot and the many plot twists.
The book revolves around three characters Bess, Adelaide, and Clark. Clark is a FBI agent who is chasing a serial killer targeting curly redheaded females. The killer happens to be winning the game he is playing with Clark and the F.B.I.. The book is written in three distinct timelines, and switching between the three female characters. All three e
Christine Lowe
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Unsympathetic Protagonist, Serial Killer Portrayed as Genius

I found myself getting more and more annoyed with the female protagonist, Clarke Sinclair, the longer I read. I found her self destructive and incredibly unsympathetic. I don't know if that's what the author intended but there was nothing I read that made me like her in the least. Her FBI partner, Sam Gallagher, was there to save her from herself. There is a lot we learn about Clarke's motivation as the book proceeds but it did nothing
Eve
Romantic Suspense > Serial killers > FBI
This book was frustrating, choppy and disturbing to read. I didn't care about the main character Clarke. She sounded so insecure, depressed and wimpish. She was cutting herself, wallowed in self pity, was self-destructive. I doubt someone like her would last long in this kind of job. Okay, she had really horrible childhood but people who seek help from the FBI want professionals not someone who is danger for herself and others.
It also felt like I was thr
Michelle Willms
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to describe

This is one of those books that leaves the reader emotionally drained. The characters were real, the story filled with every imaginable emotion, and the action non-stop. The writing is so intense, I became a part of the story, awakening at the end feeling a huge sense of loss. This is a book worth your time.
Amanda A
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
D.J. Adamson
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
“He’d led them on a countrywide scavenger hunt and hadn’t left a single fingerprint or fleck of DNA behind, and they thought he’d make the most basic mistake in the book?
The postcards that promised false hope if only the FBI could solve the clues in time. The relentless countdown that ticked away the seconds until the next deadline. The dead girl as the final prize in a twisted scavenger hunt Clarke had never wanted to play in the first place.”

A reluctant FBI agent takes on a serial kille
Lynn (Smile24k)
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish we could do half stars. This book is 3.5 stars IMO.

Basic plot - FBI agents are hunting a serial killer who likes to play games with his kills. He sends the FBI clues to try and find his next victim before he kills them. But the agents are always a day or so behind in figuring out the clues. The main agents are a woman by the name of Clarke and her older partner Sam, who is more like a mentor/father figure.

Clarke is a troubled young woman with a lot of emotional issues. I never grew to l
Heather
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
It kept me intrigued and I couldn’t put it down for the most part. The ending irritated me a bit.
Jessica Ambler
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Rounding up to 3.5. I figured out most of what would happen pretty early on but extra points for making Simon truly creepy. So much so that I had to put the book down a couple of times.
Megan
It was hard to get into the story in the beginning, but I slowly became interested. I found Clarke's sections the hardest to read. I'm not sure if that's because of the secrecy of her past that was slowly being revealed or because she just wasn't a likable character. The ending was good, in that it wrapped almost everything up, but I did find it hard to believe that it would've unfolded that way knowing all we know at the end.

Content: (view spoiler)
CrazyCat (Alex)
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did not see that coming. The ending. It took me be surprise, made gasp, and that is a good thing when it comes to books.
"It Ends With Her" is told in three pov, Clarke, Bess and Adelaide. It's hard to read about Adelaide's life, her loosing her parents at a young age, going into foster care, meeting a boy who is a master manipulator. It is also heart breaking to read about Bess, being abused by her boyfriend and her struggle to break free of him. But, the hardest parts, are the ones about Clar

• Lies That Bind Us
  • The Thinnest Air
  • Trespassing
  • A Killer's Mind (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #1)
  • What Have You Done
  • I Will Never Leave You
  • The King Tides (Lancaster & Daniels, #1)
  • Her Last Word
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • River Bodies (Northampton County, #1)
  • Rapid Falls
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
  • Silent Victim
  • Whisper Me This
  • Cold Waters (Normal, Alabama #1)
  • Thin Air (Jessica Shaw #1)
  • A Killer's Wife (Desert Plains, #1)
  • Don't Even Breathe (Maggie Novak, #1)