Start by marking “Regret (Twisted Hearts Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Regret (Twisted Hearts Duet, #2)

Regret

(Twisted Hearts Duet #2 )

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  204 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Four simple rules when you’re a woman in denial:

1. Don’t stalk your father’s best friend online.
2. Don’t talk to him via Messenger.
3. Definitely don’t go to his house.
4. And whatever you do, don’t tell him you’re still in love.

I’ve never been one for doing what I’m told.
Published February 28th 2018

Jos
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

What a perfect sequel. I adored Belle and Zeus even more in this book. Again, the writing and storyline flowed beautifully and I loved that it all played out "maturely" lol. I thought for sure this could have gone "wrong" in a lot fo different ways BUT this author truly surprised me!!!!!!!

Belle and Zeus.......loved these two!!!!!! Can't wait to read more by this author:)
Max Henry
Mar 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
AVAILABLE NOW!
An angst-filled tale of love against the odds.

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2HS5V5q
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2t1nmgy
Julie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story. Regret is the conclusion to the Twisted Hearts Duet and well worth the wait, Max Henry has done an excellent job of bringing Belle and Zeus’s troubled journey to a brilliant ending with heartfelt emotions, desire and joy.

I enjoyed the duet immensely and that’s how it must be read, with Desire, as it’s not a standalone. It’s a duet not to be missed, and I highly recommend it!
Renee
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Regret is the second book in Max Henry's Twisted Hearts Duet. You have to read Desire first or you are going to be so lost.

Four simple rules when you're a woman in denial. 1. Don't stalk your father's best friend online. 2. Don't talk to him via Messenger. 3. Definitely don't go to his house. 4. Whatever you do, don not tell him you still love him. I have never been one for doing what I am told.

Regr
Nova
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Regret is the conclusion of a Belle and Zeus’s story and I can tell you that this book is brilliant. You need to have read Desire before attempting this book. I didn’t think that I could Zeus any more than I did well this book proved me wrong.

Belle is returning home after three years spent in Colorado learning her craft as a tattoo artist, she has everything planned out wanting to start up her own tattoo studio and getting a place to live with her age appropriate boyfriend Damien. Thinking that
Samantha Payne
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC Reviewer

Coming home after 3 years with mixed emotions has Belle struggling to figure out what she wants to do. She has life goals she wants to accomplish like having her own place to live, her own studio to tattoo out of and happiness. But is it Damien or Zeus the one that can make that all happen?

Zeus has been a shell of a man for the last 3 years ever since he let his dove fly free, what will happened when he finds out she is back home. Will he be able to stay away like John warned him?

O
Qubra Mageman
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No words! I didn't know it was possible to love Zeus more than I already did.

He really does try putting everybody's happiness before his as he feels thats what they all need. Then he has this light-bulb moment.... MY HAPPINESS IS JUST AS IMPORTANT!

Max has drawn every bit of emotion with this one! older man - younger woman! The trials and tribulations they face. But in the end LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
Clare
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading part 1 was looking forward to read this one, It popped up on my kindle and i dived right in, This was a great story and really liked it, These are must reads from Max.
Vera M
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Regret in the conclusion of the Twisted Hearts duet!!
Desire must be read first!!
The conclusion of Zeus and Belle’s story was one of beauty!!!
All the emotions I felt were torn from me!!
Max Henry is absolutely amazing!!!
I laughed, cried, I wanted to freak out, but ultimately I feel in love with Zeus and Belle all over again!!!
A must read!!!
Hanan
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Regret is the conclusion to Belle and Zeus’ forbidden love story.
Three years have past since they’ve seen one another.
But neither time nor distance can diminish what’s in their hearts.
While Belle has finished her three year apprenticeship and has Damien in her life,something is still missing for her.
Zeus has been at a standstill for the past three years.
His life as been on “hold.”
It was amazing to see these two characters grow and own their feelings.
Ms. Henry did an outstanding job showing the
Callixta
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
2,5 *

J’avais lu le premier opus de ce duo et, j’avais trouvé le déroulement de l’intrigue relativement crédible étant donné le thème de cette romance : une jeune femme tombe amoureuse d’un ami de son père. Nous sommes dans ces histoires interdites autant par la différence d’âge que la proximité des deux héros toute leur vie. Pas facile d’expliquer aux yeux de la société qu’un homme qui a toujours été là depuis votre naissance peut devenir l’homme de votre vie.

Si le premier tome avait été une heu
Donna
WOW!!!
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review! . . .I literally read this in a day I could not put it down!!! This book is a must have must read!!! Where to begin. . . first not a Damien fan but I'm biased to Zeus 🕊 . . . I went through every realm of emotions in this book . . .laughed, held my breath, wanted to b*t*h slap Clerice. . . was teary eyed and my jaw spent some quality time on the floor . . .
It's obvious the time apart has had an effect on both of them and they have both
Diary Of Book Fiend
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Regret picks up three years after the ending we were left with in Desire. Belle's work visa for apprenticeship in Colorado is ending and she is preparing to go back home. Only she isn't going home alone, she has plans to take her boyfriend home with her....

"Do You want this?"
"What?"
" Do you want what we have to continue when we get home?"

We find that Zeus has not had an easy time after saying goodbye to Belle.... John decides to show up at the garage to let Zeus know that Belle is arriving back
Lani
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Favourite duet of 2018 by far!!!!! The agonising wait for 'Regret' is finally over. ( There was barely a 4 week wait between books, lol). After the gut wrenching ending of 'Desire', Belle is back home after having the work experience of a lifetime and now she is trying to continue her dream. Zeus has been living a stagnant existence since sending his Dove away to live her life. Now she's back, his life has a purpose, he wants his life to have colour and joy, that is all in the form of his Belle. ...more
Shannon Caswell
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that I was able to read the second book in this series and let me tell you- A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! The first book Max Henry wrote, Desire, was good but Regret is amazing! Seriously, I devoured this book in two days. That being said it is a series but I do think that you could possibly read it as a standalone since you will get the idea that Belle is not supposed to be with her dad's best friend, Zeus. I know, I know, dad's best friend? Don't worry because while he is older than Belle, h ...more
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Hooray it’s finally here! I’ve only been waiting forever for this release! Ok, so that is a major exaggeration, I’ve only been waiting a few weeks, but it felt like forever. I am in love with the way Max writes her books! They speak to my soul, they pull me in, they hold me captive from start to finish. And the emotions! Oh, the emotions take you over, they make you feel everything the characters feel! Regret is Book 2 in the Twisted Hearts duet. We met Belle and Zeus in Desire, the tale of Forb ...more
Robyn Corcoran
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Max Henry continues to smoothly take her readers on the journey of Belle's life with this second book.

Three years has flown by for Belle where she has learnt how to be a tattoo artist in Colorado. The next step is to go back to New Zealand, home to her dad but also where Zeus lives as well. Not easy for anyone.

I enjoyed the little twists and turns in the storyline which really added an element that kept you mulling things over and waiting for the unexpected. This author has a wonderful skill in
Kaitlyn
So that’s the end. I guess I can be happy with the epilogue. Would I have read even more into their future? OF COURSE. I loved them together. The story progressed very naturally even I feel I wanted them to be together from the second they saw each other when she got back from the states. The book takes place three years later, and Belle I saw returning to New Zealand to begin her life. She planned to bring her current boyfriend Damien it has her but he decided he wanted to travel more then com ...more
Scarlett Ian
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes Yes YES to everything about this book! This picks up 3 years after the events that ended Desire – so I would recommend you read that first to completely follow this one. If you do not, it’s not the end of the world because the author does a great job of bringing the reader up to speed with events. Belle is back home after a 3 year apprenticeship in America. She’s supposedly moved on from Zeus but that first look at him brings it all rushing back. Her father has built his friendship with Zeus ...more
Domini
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Duet!!!

I am seriously loving the writing direction Max is taking of late. She’s a talented writer and just keeps getting better and better.
I was dying to read Regret after Desires ending, I mean I was on the each of my seat with anticipation. Regret didn’t disappoint!
Belle has obviously had a great time doing her apprenticeship in the States, honed her skill and talent and is ready to go home. Damien is for all intents and purposes her boyfriend but you don’t feel any spark with them.
Zeus
Marnie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Old emotions emerge from the depths: REGRET. 5 stars.

A beautifully written and heartfelt story of forbidden love that made me question, what constitutes forbidden love between two people who live for each other, who’s hearts beat for each other, and, without whom the other is only half of a whole??? I think Max Henry answers it here.

Regret picks up three years after the end of Desire. Belle, with the aid of Zeus, has realised her dreams of being trained as a tattooist under the guidance of a muc
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
So bittersweet to get the conclusion to this couples story. If you haven't read Desire then I highly recommend you do in order to enjoy this book. This book takes place 3 years after the first one ended and Belle is coming home.

With Belle coming home it rekindles the love she thought she was moving past while away but realizes never left. Not only that but causes Zeus to start spiraling. He tries to stay away but they both need the closure they never had 3 years ago. With that comes more than th
Lisa Hill
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The follow up to Desire, this book picks up as Belle is finishing her apprenticeship in Colorado and preparing to move back home.

At the last minute, her boyfriend Damien decides he’s not coming home straight away, but will continue to travel for another few weeks. So Belle is faced with returning home alone.

It soon becomes clear that although she’s tried to move on emotionally, Zeus is still occupying the main space in her heart. Just as she does in his.

The tension, angst and longing Belle fee
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Regret is the second book in the Twisted Hearts Duet, so you MUST read Desire (Book 1) FIRST! Three years have passed when Belle comes home, and she's trying to figure out what she wants to do. Zeus hasn't been the same man for the past three years, as he's been heartbroken, since he let her go, even though he knew it was the right thing to do. But now that she's home, will he still be able to leave her alone? This story has brought out all of my emotions, as it has been heartbreaking, because t ...more
Lisa Staples
I have been waiting rather impatiently for this conclusion to Max Henry's Twisted Hearts Duet and Regret is everything I knew it would be! Whilst you may guess at the conclusion as to where this story will go, the journey is no less sweet, heart breaking, tortured and stunning.

Having spent 3 years overseas realising and honing her career dreams, Belle returns home more mature and driven but no less emotionally adrift than when she departed.
Zeus too, not surprisingly, has not moved on and his res
Brenda Travers
Max has done it again:

I fell in love with the storyline of This Twisted Heart Duet, let’s not forget the loveable leads Belle & Zeus. I was captivated by their story their battles and their tenacity to fight for each other in Desire. Whilst the road to their relationship was rocky I still hoped they would find their way back to each other.

Regret is the second instalment in the series and I couldn’t wait to see how their story unfolded. Max did a great job in packing emotion throughout this
Donna Wright
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic conclusions to this fantastic duet, I was left reeling and heartbroken when
Desire ended and I really wasn't sure what direction Regret would head in but rest assured Max Henry didnt disappoint. She repaired my heart and I finished this book with a happy heart.

I was engrossed in this taboo story, that really wasn't taboo in my opinion. It really is a heart and soul love story. I can't explain enough just how beautiful this story is. Amongst the beauty there is complete bitterness
Crissy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a great conclusion for Zeus and Belle's story. I fell in love with both of these characters from the very beginning and even though there was a huge age difference between the two, I wanted this couple to make it work. Cerise is up to her old hateful tricks and I hated that John brought her back into Belle's life knowing what her feelings towards her daughter were. I was done and over with her from the very beginning and would have enjoyed this story if she had disappeared in the f ...more
Anne Milne
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful conclusion to the Twisted Hearts duet where Belle and Zeus are reunited but it’s not an easy road for our couple.

The ending of book one left me sad angry and confused 🤷♀ why Max why ??

Belle returns after three years away and although her chosen career path was the right one for her she doesn’t know where she fits at home. Seeing Zeus again brings out all those suppressed feelings for both of them.

I liked how Belle has matured into a strong young woman and although we didn’t see her p
Natalie Miernicki
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!! This book was the fabulous conclusion to the heartfelt emotional roller coaster that was the love story of Zeus and Belle. Regret picks up three years after their heart wrenching split... Belle is back from America with renewed purpose and a passion for her art, Zeus the dark, brooding alpha seems stuck in the past, he hasn't been able to let go of what they had and soon comes to realise that when it comes to their love regret has no place and he goes after the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey where her motto holds true:

Love never comes easy.

When she's not lost in an alternate world - fuelled by coffee and

Twisted Hearts Duet (2 books)
  • Desire (Twisted Hearts Duet, #1)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99