Start by marking “Label Me Proud” as Want to Read:
Label Me Proud

Label Me Proud

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
We’ve been best friends since we were five: Beau, Masyn, and me.
But nothing’s as simple as it seems.
Relationships change and so do people.
Especially now.
With Beau getting married, and a new girl in town, it’s time to confess.
I’m in love with my best friend.
…And I think I’m too late.
328 pages
Published March 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Label Me Proud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Label Me Proud

Paige
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, new-adult, romance
3.5 “Best Friends” Stars

Label Me Proud was a sweet friends to lovers story. With just a bit of angst, it shows the power of friendship, love and realizing what the heart wants.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books.
Sofia Lazaridou
Mar 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: worst-hero-ever
While reading a book, I usually hate the heroine, but in this case, I couldn't stand the hero. He was an immature little boy. He was also dense and an idiot. Who the heck thinks that oral doesn't count as sex? I am supposed to believe that he had feelings for Masyn all this time because he didn't insert his stick into women? Masyn knew all about him taking women to the bathroom at the place they were hanging out. And he wondered why people thought of him as a manwhore. Also, he was paying Peyton ...more
K.  Ramjohn
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing page-turner by Stephie Walls, Label me Proud is a best friends to lovers story. This novel had me hooked until the very end. Best friends all their life, this is the story of the lives of Masyn Lee and Beau. Yet the story is not so simple or straight forward as it seems.
This novel is about the importance of friendship, family, knowing what you want in life, being happy with the life you have and so much more.
I loved the characters, both primary and secondary.They were relatable
Cyndi Becker
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Label Me Proud is a wonderful friends to lovers story that struck all the right chords and filled my need for a small town romance It's the 3rd book by Stephie Walls that I've read and I'll admit I had some anxiety going into it. Would it be a story of unrequited love or perhaps a love triangle ? For sure I knew that whatever was to come would pull at my heartstrings.

Masyn is anomaly in the small town and Lee is not the only guy that's noticed. She's built a persona she's happy with, but can com
Siobhan
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Label Me Proud is my first Stephie Walls book, and I’ll certainly be back for more. Although Label Me Proud wasn’t quite a solid four-star rating, it was so close I had to round it up, and I’m curious to see whether the author’s other work will grab me as much – or even more than – this one.

From the very start, I was sucked into Label Me Proud. The story starts off with drama, and leaves us desperate for more details of the characters, pulling us deep into the relationships and the different asp
Carina Adams
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was coming off the book hangover from hell when I was given the opportunity to read an early copy of Label Me Proud. I love Stephie’s tales, but I was worried that even her brilliant words wouldn’t pull me out of my funk.
I’m so happy I was wrong!
I loved Lee and Masyn. As I edged toward the end of the book, I dreaded reading because I didn’t want their story to be over.
I won’t summarize this novel for you, but I will tell you that you need to experience it yourself. Add this book to your TBR
Chrissy
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
3 1/2 Stars

If you’re looking for a sweet friends to lovers romance, then Label Me Proud by Stephie Walls just may be the perfect book for you.

Lee, Masyn, and Beau have been best friends since childhood, and now that Beau is about to get married, it’s making it harder for Lee to hide his feelings for Masyn that he’s hidden for years. Watching Lee and Masyn together was intriguing, from an outsider looking in, you’d think they were an item already, she is al
Nancy Reads
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LABEL ME PROUD is one of the best “Friends to Lovers” book I have read. Three best friends: Beau Chastain, Lee Carter, and Masyn Porter (girl). I am going to explain why the girl is named Masyn! “She has three older brothers. Her mother had given up hope for a girl by the time she arrived. She planned on the name Mason, so when she got pink instead of blue, she switched the O to a Y.”

Beau, Lee, and Mason grew up together as the best of friends in the small southern town of Harden Georgia. Did ev
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

Lee, Masyn, and Beau have been best friends since they were five years old. While Beau is planning on getting married to an outsider, Lee is forced to deal with his feelings for his female bestie Masyn.

This story was amazing from the get go. It’s all about protecting your family and friends. The friendship between Beau, Lee, and Masyn is genuine and heartfelt. They would go through amazing lengths to save one another. Lee proves to be the hero of the day for Beau. While there is m
Zilpha Owens
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Childhood friends to lovers is one of my favorite reads. I love the dynamic and growth of the characters, the realization that there’s more to the relationship and figuring out how to get there and make it work. Stephie Walls’s writing is smooth and expressive. Right from the start I liked Lee Carter. He’s sweet and caring and loves Masyn Porter to his core. Masyn is independent, beautiful and protects her heart. There’s a familiarity between them that only a true closeness and deep connection c ...more
Liz
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Label Me Proud by Stephie Walls is a friends to lovers story full of friendship and family and history. It was at time a bit frustrating, but Lee has always wanted Masyn, but can he cross the lines of friendship?

Happy reading.
K.K. Allen
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a REFRESHING and SWEET romance. Label Me Proud was exactly what I needed when I picked it up. A best friends to lovers story about two childhood friends guarded when it comes to loving each other as more than friends. I'm a total angst lover, so while this story gave me "sweet" it also gave me the best kind of frustration ever, haha. I'm so glad this was my first Stephie Walls book!
Ana Rita
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This lady is the bomb creating romantic and breathtaking stories that will capture you heart in a sec. Each and every book has the ability to hook me up, to make me cry, to make me laugh, to make me blush and so much more.
You can think that the stories can become repetitive but you're so wrong. Each book is unique in their own way and you will fall in love with the characters.
Stephie Walls is the goddess that I was talking about. Her writing is simple yet powerful, super detailed and engaging
Jackie
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Label Me Proud is a MUST READ blue collar friends to lovers romance. Stephie Walls can take a subject that seems overdone and give it a perfectly fresh take Every. Single. Time. “Everything about being with Masyn was natural. Other than hiding how I felt about her, things between us were always perfect.” She creates such quirky, relatable characters and nails small town life! “There wasn’t a soul in this store that hadn’t known us since childhood, and the rumor mills would start churning out sto ...more
Renee
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

We have been best friends since we were five: Beau, Masyn, and me. But nothing's as simple as it seems. Relationships change and so do people. Especially now. with Beau getting married, and a new girl in town, it is time to confess. I am in love with my best friend . ...And I think I am too late.

I love a friends to lovers story. They are probably some of my favorites and Label Me Proud is one of my
April Symes
Label Me Proud is a sweet friends to lovers story. Lee, Masyn, and Beau have been best friends since they were five years old. Beau is planning on getting married to an outsider; Lee is faced with dealing with his deep feelings for his female BFF Masyn. This story will grab your heartstrings from the moment the story starts. I don’t want to give the plot away for I want everyone to read and find out who ends up with whom for this is an awesome story so what I will say is that I love the dynamic ...more
Tamara
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, read-in-2018
No matter what Stephie Walls writes, she can do no wrong!

Label Me Proud was a touching friends to Lovers story, the kind where everyone else can see what the main couple doesn’t - that they’re perfect for each other.

Masyn, Luke and Beau have been joined at the hips, from the moment they were born, but there was always something a little different between Masyn and Luke than there was with Beau.

Watching them work out how they felt about each other was at at time disastrous and heart warming in ot
Jeannine Colette
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Congratulations to Stephie Walls on another FIVE STAR ROLANCE! If you're looong for romance, suspense and sweet, Southern charm then you'll love LABEL ME PROUD!!! 💙💙💙
Denise Levendoski
Thank you to Stephie Walls and Goodreads.com I won this book in a Giveaway.

This book was an easy fun read, I really liked the blue collar theme. True testament to wherever life takes you, your friends always stick by your side and have your back. You may not like their questions but they have your interest in their heart. And sometimes what you feel can never be, is your fate.
Krista
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Label Me Proud is the story of Lee and Masyn. Two people who have been best friends since they were 5. This book made me laugh, want to throat punch a rich biatch, and smile. I have to say it was so refreshing to read a story about a blue collar worker who is comfortable in his skin. While his best friend Beau comes from money, he's not an alpha about it. The story was so well written, and I want to move to Hardin too!!
Tricia Mccoy
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a first for me. I won this as an advanced reviewers copy to leave an honest review and I had never read anything by this author before. Now, I can't wait to read more. I honestly loved Lee and Maysn's story. It was full of drama, some suspense, love and laughter. A best friends turned lovers story like no other. I can't imagine being in love with someone for so long and not telling them and living every day like you didn't. But in the end, everything happens for a reason. And the ending. ...more
This isn't your typical romance novel. There is no billionaire, or prince charming. There is no outstanding off the wall circumstances going on. This is a very sweet love story, a friends to lovers, small town romance. And, unlike most romances, this one is told from HIS point of view!

Lee and Masyn have been friends since kindergarten, along with their side kick, Beau. Lee has had feelings for Masyn for years, but thinks there is no way that she could ever feel the same way for him. They are bes
Terra Drynan-Werder
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Stephie Walls!!! I loved this book and the characters and that down home southern feel that the book had. I want to pick up and move to Harden to be friends with these characters and live in this perfect small town. This book wasn't as heartbreaking emotionally as some of Stephie's other books, but it was still full of ups and down, twists and turns and lots and lots of emotions. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Emily Goodman
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Label Me Proud is one of the best friends to lovers stories I've had the pleasure of reading this year! Walls creates an addictive tale about two childhood friends afraid to act on their obvious love. These two tiptoe around love for years until one big wedding sets everything in a whirlwind.

This was my first book by Walls. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed every moment in this story. The angst, temptation and hope she created kept me fascinated with each and every page turn. Her characters w
Rebecca Abrook
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!
I think the thing I liked the most was that the story was from Lee's point of view. So many books now are dual POV or the female point of view that I love the male perspective in this one.
Lee is typical small town boy and Masyn a small town girl and their way to each other is all the more mixed up because of the history they share with each other.
It was a great story with enjoyable secondary characters (I'd like to hear Beau & Peyton's story!), some very emotional moments
LaTonya
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-own
Childhood best friends to lovers such a Fantastic story by Stephie Walls. I absolutely loved this story. Stephie Walls doesn’t disappoint at all.
Shaylene Sunday
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Label Me Proud by Stephie Walls was amazing. I absolutely loved this book. I love the friendship and how close Masyn, Beau, and Lee are. They are always there for each other. This book has it all Southern charm, love, family, small town charm and even some heartbreak. This trio of friends is something I would be to be in. they are funny and the things they say can be comical. I couldn't put this book down great read.
Annette
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!! I’m just going to say I loved this book. With all it’s southern charm and the personalities of these 3 best friends I found that this book had me reading nonstop and enjoying every moment that involved Beau, Masyn and Lee. I loved how deep friendship, love and family ran in this book. The interactions between them were hilarious and I just couldn’t get enough. The small town vibes and their history had me wanting for more. During the most important, difficult times in their live ...more
Sarah  G
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Mason and Lee were perfect! This book is sweet and funny. I wasn't able to put it down.

I really hope Beau gets his own story...
Angela James
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Lee and Masyn and Beau! This group is hysterical and I wanna be in their tribe. Seriously fabulous friends to lovers story with some great romantic comedy interwoven throughout the book! These three amigos all deserve the title of clueless #1, #2, & #3 at different points in this read...lol I cheered when they each had their aha moments and I wanted to reach into the pages and shake them when they were being dumb and I smiled or cracked up at their antics continuously...I got ver ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Stephie Walls is a literary whore - she loves words in all forms and will read anything put in front of her. She has an affinity for British Literature and Romance novels and an overall love of writing. She currently has eight novels out, four short stories, and two collections; all provocatively written to elicit your imagination and spice up your world. She has another novel on its way to booksh