Start by marking “Esher (Guardians of Hades, #3)” as Want to Read:
Esher (Guardians of Hades, #3)

Esher

(Guardians of Hades #3)

Prince of the Underworld and Lord of Water, Esher was banished from his home by his father, Hades, two centuries ago and given a new duty and purpose—to keep our world and his from colliding in a calamity foreseen by the Moirai.

Published March 24th 2018 by Felicity Heaton

Start your review of Esher (Guardians of Hades, #3)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Action. Rage. Peace.

ESHER is book three in the Guardians of Hades series by Felicity Heaton.

WOW. Esher has some serous demons to deal with. He’s struggled and now we finally get to learn what caused this split in him and made him dislike humans so much. I liked Esher. Liked the struggle he has being around mortals and how his mood affected the weather. Their’s a lot of depth to Esher. Learning what truly happened to him to make him struggle so much, well that was an emotional moment to read.

Julia
I'm an absolute sucker for a tortured hero and felicity Heaton does them soooo well. Loved Eshers story, he was so perfect <3 This was definitely a more Hero driven story and there was a lot more emphasis on his character. Towards the end, the heroine sort of became a secondary character and I was totally fine with it. Esher was the one that interested me the most and I'm 1000% satisfied with his story. I hope Keras story is next!

Safety:
Hero was celibate for approx 600 years or so, and even
I love a tortured hero so I've been looking forward to Esher's story ever since Felicity Heaton started the Guardians of Hades series. We never knew much about his background from previous books but we do know he has serious issues and has a bad history with humans in general. His brothers help him keep his powers under control but he definitely has a dark and dangerous side that they're all wary of. We find out a lot more about what actually happened to him in this book and its easy to ...more
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
This series is AMAZING!!!

It's like an epic adventure in every book. Felicity is exceptionally talented at making the story all you can think about, even when you're not reading it, and really making you part of the adventure.

I was particularly interested in and curious about Esher when I met him in previous books. While each brother has his own "power," which comes with its own hindrances, Esher's was particularly incapacitating, and I couldn't wait to see how Felicity resolved that for him.

I
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series! I absolutely love the characters and the storyline. I enjoy learning more about each of the sexy sons of Hades and seeing their stories.
Esher’s story was powerful dark and thrilling. The story was fast pace and left me begging for more. He’s so passionate, dark, sexy and determined.
I enjoyed the different twists and turns the story took and of course seeing the sexy men kicking butt with their destined matched mate.
I can’t wait to see whose
Tracey
Esher the guardian who has a huge dislike of mortals, finds his love interest!

I admit Felicity Heaton is one of my go-to authors when I know I want an easy to read but thoroughly enjoyable pnr romance. This is her latest series, Guardians of Hades, where the band of brothers guard the gates to hell and fight demons to keep both realms safe.

Back to this book... I liked Esher, the way he was disgruntled when he had to be around mortals, and if he was in a bad mood made it rain or worse - yes he
Annmarie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Esher (Guardians of Hades, #3) by Felicity Heaton is everything I hoped it would be. As a son of Hades, Prince of the Underworld and Lord of Water, he is sent to the mortal realm along with his brothers to guard the gates to the Underworld. This has been my favorite book in this series so far. Esher has a darkness inside him that threatens to continually challenge him and breach the surface. Aiko was the perfect compliment to his character. "Light to his darkness." I enjoyed her thought process ...more
Ashley Couch
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always, another great book. I wasn't sure I would like Esher, because he has a serious problem with humans, but after reading his story, and his backstory, I sympathize with him. Aiko brings out his good side, and he realizes not all humans are evil. It's still a struggle for him, and you can see that through the amazing story that Felicity writes. I also love that his brothers are supportive of his relationship with Aiko. In the past that hasn't always been the case with the brothers and ...more
Elizabeth Neal
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: I highly recommend reading this series in order.**

Esher is the Prince of the Underworld and Lord of Water. Two centuries ago, Esher and his brothers were banished by their father, Hades. Now the siblings work to keep both worlds, theirs and ours, safe by not allowing a prophecy the Moirai foresaw to happen...that of the two colliding. To do this, they must defend the gates to the Underworld from the daemons encroaching on his home and destroying it. Due to his past, Esher hates all
Petula
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Esher is one of the princes from the Underworld sent by their father to protect the gates between the realms and preserve both as they should be. It's very difficult for Esher to live among the humans, some of whom tortured him. He has form of PTSD that makes him especially dangerous . His element is water. His moods can drastically effect the weather.
Aiko is a medical student who also works as a waitress. The almost deserted late train is not the best place for a woman alone. She does have a
Kelly
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not saying any of Hades' boys are the poster children for being well-adjusted (although Callisto seems to have things fairly well under control, but given how tumultuous their lives are that could change at any time, really), but Esher DEFINITELY had some issues he needed to address. His hatred of mortals, for one (a justifiable hatred, as it turns out, but still an issue he needs to address seeing as he's charged with protecting mortals from VERY BAD THINGS).

That hatred gets a little
Gucci 35
Love the Guardians Of Hades

Esher is the third story in Felicity Heaton Guardians of Hades. Seven Alpha brothers banished by their father Hades to help guard the two worlds from colliding. Esher is Prince of the Underworld and Lord of Water.
Well Heaton gives us on the edge of your seat adventure that will pull you in and wanting more.
I have been interested in this character since Ares. Heaton does not disappoint and she makes you fall for this broken beautiful character. Guardians series is a
Rachel
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great add to the series. What I like so much about this series is these Hades guys aren't perfect, which in itself is perfect because it's realistic that way. I loved Esher and Aiko, when they met it's what you would expect butting heads. Rather he likes it or not Aiko is exactly what he needs to give him more of a human side, while Esher grounds Aiko. Amazing adventures, and you won't be able to put it down. We got to see some side characters and a hint at some things that might be ...more
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
**review to post soon**
*Flora*
I'm breathless; what an emotional ride! You can read my full review on my WordPress blog, Flora's Musings...

So, what did I like about it?
I am already a big fan of Felicity Heaton’s other series and love her writing style! Her world building is amazing; it’s her mix of fantasy and reality that captures my attention right from the start. I love that her characters are never black or white, good or evil but a complex mix of positive and negative traits and emotions which always makes them feel more
Bex 'n' Books
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having taken a personal back from reading PNR, I dove head first into Felicity Heaton's "Esher" hoping I'd feel the magic only PRN and fantasy romance can offer. I'm so pleased to be back and escaping inside beautifully written prose and being swept away into Heaton's world of demons.

With a fabulous combination of heat, wit, and snappy dialogue, "Esher" was perfectly paced. There's also a great series arc evident working alongside the passionate romance of Aiko and Esher. Heaton, as always, has
Dmcl
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Esher, Book 3 in the Guardians of Hades series, is a testament to the transformative power of unconditional love. Esher, damaged, vengeful, wounded and embattled, finds the light to balance his dark side in his little butterfly Aiko. She joins him and his brothers and their mates to vanquish the minion of a powerful enemy they know nothing about. Will they achieve their purpose and prevent the destruction of the world, or will they fail and open the gates of Hell for their enemy? Can they ...more
Jennifer Dunski
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I received this as an ARC and giving my honest opinion**

I'm loving this series and Esher surprised me! I was very curious how Felicity was going to bring this dark God to light.....and was not able to put my Kindle down. Felicity's mind is a wonderland of beauty and darkness that can make a story grab your attention so you're so enthralled you become lost in her stories.

Book 3 of Guardians Of Hades -

Hades sends his six son's out of the Underworld unto Earth to protect the gates to the
Sandy S
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 24, 2018

Together with his six brothers, he fights to defend the gates to the Underworld from daemons bent on breaching them and gaining entrance to that forbidden land, striving to protect his home from their dark influence.
Lynn Worton
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Guardians of Hades series. I loved it!

Esher is a wonderful character. I love a tortured soul and Esher fits this mould easily. He is the middle child of seven siblings born to Hades and Persephone, and has power over water. Banished by his father to live in the mortal realm to guard the gates to the Underworld, Esher lives in Tokyo with one of his brothers. Due to an event in his past he struggles with his dark impulses to hurt the humans in his city, so he avoids
Cynthia
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Guardians of Hades is the lastest series by Felicity Heaton, where the sons of Hades protect the gates of Hell and both realms from deamons who wish to control or destroy the world.

Esher in particular, hates his job and the humans he has to protect. With his element being water and the hold on his power so frail, Esher's mood swings always put smile on my face because it rained and rained to match his mood. While all the brothers have their weakness and past, Esher's makeshim vulnerable and
Bianca78
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Six sons of Hades, banished from the underworld, are tasked with guarding the gates between earth and the underworld. Each brother is assigned an earthbound gate and must reconcile his personal struggles with duty. Book three tells the tale of Esher, guardian of the Tokyo gate. In short, I love this series. I like the premise and the storytelling. The series is quite simply exceptional paranormal romance.

Esher’s
Vanessa Brown
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly did not think I would love this book as much as I did. Esher, the hero, was complicated and came across as, perhaps, too damaged for their to be someone, out in the world, to love him warts and all. As a Felicity Heaton fan, I should have known better. Heaton wrote a wonderful, strong, smart and loving heroine, Aiko, for Esher, and their love story felt natural in its build up. It totally drew me in. I was rooting for them all the way. This was one of those books I did not want to ...more
Claire
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-arc
I really loved the first two books in this series, so I was looking forward to this. I wasn’t disappointed I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this.

This story follows Esher and Aiko. Esher is the troubled, volatile brother, with an intense hatred of humans. This changes though when he comes to the rescue of the lovely Aiko.

I loved learning more about Esher and his past, and what made him the way he is now. I also enjoyed watching him grow and change throughout the book.

Aiko was sweet but
Jenn
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Esher
Dark, deadly and broken. A danger to mortals and daemons. He liked to kill and didn’t care what species they were as long as they stayed far away or they would die, they were all the same to him.
We start our story on a dark street, raining falling heavy, not a night to be out alone, not safe. Esher and his brothers guarded Hellsgate, anyone being it human or daemon died if they got too close. He was hurt, bleeding, bested by a daemon female. He didn’t care until he met her on a train.
Naurarwen
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book. This has not affected the content of my review in any way.

It's been over a year since the last Guardians of Hades book came out and it was so worth the wait. We have met Esher before in the previous books, including when his brothers brought their mates to his mansion. Not much has changed for Esher, he is still determined to take out all daemons, still hates humans and still recovering from his injury from the wraith blade.

You are thrown straight into the
Daria
Esher - Guardians of Hades series book 3, Felicity Heaton does it again adding another great book to a great series.

I love the world the she has created with the series you never get tired the good and evil thing.
A full length story that kept you amazed and entertained with a good mix of heat, detail and story. I loved Esher of course and Aiko is just awesome they suit each other well.

Esher thought he could keep going on as he as been forever, that bottled up hatred that oozed well see fate
Melissa
MK
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"He gazed down at Aiko.

What would he do for her?

He would destroy the world."

"She would never let him go.

He would never be alone again.

She would always be there for him.

Forever."

"For her, he would fight the darkness and he would win. He would vanquish his other side and destroy it for good, would become the complete male he had once been."

Just how romantic are the quotes I posted. Has me giddy like a teen again.

Look, as an Asian woman I'm a sucker for romance novels that used Asian characters. I
Sportochick
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read
Tormented Esher comes alive in this Book 3 of the Guardians of Hades series. Author Felicity Heaton warms up the pages of this book with shy Aiko drawing Esher to her while he tries his hardest to not hurt her in his anger against mortals.

The flow of the story is consistent and the vivid descriptions in the book will fully immerse the reader in the fantasy of this paranormal romance. Watching Esher deal with his dark side was realistic and I felt compassion for his struggle and reasons behind

• Wicked and Wild (Bad Things, #7)
  • Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7)
  • Tessa (The Mate #2)
  • Forbidden Temptation (Lee County Wolves, #4)
  • Saint Or Sinner (Bad Things #8)
  • Viktor (The Protectors, #13)
  • Redson (VLG #10)
  • Quintus (Immortals of New Orleans, #9)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Hunger Awakened (The Feral, #1)
  • Ronan (The Protectors #12)
  • My One and Only (Bewitched and Bewildered #10)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)
  • Claiming Jade
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Lie Close To Me (Lazarus Rising, #5)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan

Guardians of Hades (3 books)
  • Ares (Guardians of Hades, #1)
  • Valen (Guardians of Hades, #2)