Start by marking “Vlad-Handing (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries, #5)” as Want to Read:
Vlad-Handing (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries, #5)

Vlad-Handing (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #5)

4.78  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Vlad Newsome isn’t exactly known as a people person. He’s really more contentious than convivial.

But something’s changed with him, and Flo and Agnes are suspicious.

Vlad’s suddenly “peopling”. He’s shaking hands and even curving his thin lips upward at times in a terrifying imitation of a smile.

Could it be he’s turning over a new leaf? Is he facing a life-changing event t
Published February 28th 2018 by Electric Prose Publications

To ask other readers questions about Vlad-Handing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vlad-Handing

Gabrielle Hashimoto
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Silver Hills book I’ve read and it read well as a stand alone novel. Vlad Newsome, the manager of Silver Hills Singles and Seniors Retirement home, is not a friendly guy. In fact, friends Flo and Agnes think he’s more like a reprehensible creature of the night. When Vlad suddenly seems to be getting friendly with everyone, Flo and Agnes are sure he’s up to something and they’re determined to find out what it is. When a dead body is found and Flo and Agnes see Vlad’s car racing ...more
Sue
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Vlad-Handing is book 5 in the Silver Hills Cozy Mystery series. It is set in a singles/retirement residency (think 55 and older) filled with an eccentric cast of characters. This time around, Flo and Agnes find themselves trying to prove that manager Vlad Newsome, who many consider a reprehensible creature of the night, is innocent of murder. The only problem is that these ladies are a not 100% sure that Vlad isn’t the murderer.

Flo and Agnes are two ladies that you would love to call your friend
Barbara
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Fantastic Whodunit! Once again the author has written a funny storyline involving the gang from the Silver Hills Seniors and Singles Residents and two very suspicious murders.

Leave it to Flo and Anges to decide something is afoot and stick their noses into solving another crime at the detriment of the local police department. These two ladies may be a bit eccentric but one thing is for sure they pull out all the stops and laughs to get their man or to prove one of their own isn’t guilty
Helen Callahan
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vlad-Handing is book 5 in the Silver Hills Cozy Mystery series. Two senior citizen sleuths protecting their retirement community. Solving mystery and mayhem. Causing some too. With a revolving cast of other characters. The residents and staff include some zany, caring and even a few demented individuals. This book/series has...Laugh Out Loud humor!!! Creative storyline(s)!!! Clever action and suspense!!! Page turning unpredictably!!! The author, Sam Cheever, will keep the reader entertained, on ...more
Judy Johnson
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is only one word for this series and this book! AMAZING! Flo and Agnes are at it again in the latest installment of adventures at Silver Hills! This laugh out loud cozy mystery is a book that once you start you just can't put it down. If you start it at bedtime, you will be lacking in sleep! Although you can read this book as a standalone, you should really start this series from the beginning and get to know the ladies! They give a new meaning to aging and retirement! Full of characters t ...more
Helen Callahan
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vlad-Handing is book 5 in the Silver Hills Cozy Mystery series. Two senior citizen sleuths protecting their senior and singles community. Solving mystery and mayhem. Causing some too. With a revolving cast of other characters. The residents and staff include some zany, caring and even a few demented individuals. This book/series has...Laugh Out Loud humor!!! Creative storyline(s)!!! Clever action and suspense!!! Page turning unpredictably!!! The author, Sam Cheever, will keep the reader entertai ...more
Pete
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this brilliant Silver Hills series of books by Sam Cheever, I personally prefer these to Sam's Romantic suspense books (perhaps because I'm a mere male!)

The characters are superb, and I really love that they act consistently through the series, portraying two of the managers as possible vampires is also a hilarious running gag.

In this book Vlad and Morty need the assistance of the Silver Hills team to prove their innocence in a murder investigation. As usual Flo, Agnes and their fr
Molly
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Booksprout
If you enjoy mysteries with action, adventure and humor, this is an hilarious read.

I also like their funny animal companions, and the glimpse into their single but dating or involved world - so hard with lifetimes of experience and baggage, but so funny when its someone else's clumsy adventures and encounters.

A fun and funny read that explores friendship, family and love in a variety of dynamics.

Tanya
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
he was never a people person but all of a sudden that is what he is acting like. they do not believe this is really a change of heart for him. they believe something is going on and he is up to something. what is he up to? will they find out? can they show him up? a woman is murdered and he is a suspect. did he really do it? who did it? see if you can find out before the end

Sharyn
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like to laugh out loud, read Vlad-Handing! Once again, our heroines Flo and Agnes are investigating a murder. This time, Vlad, night manager of Silver Hills, is suspected of murder, and what's even worse TC is missing! Who, what, when, where and why? The answers are in Vlad-Handing.
Linda
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the Silver Hills Cozy Mystery series written by Sam Cheever. The main characters are middle aged women who are pretty much fearless. They live at Silver Hills and they always seem to have a murder to solve. Accused this time is Vlad Newsome, a man who they are not exactly fond if! Flo and Agnes are fun characters to visit! I look forward to their next adventure.
Stephanie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book for this author but it won't be the last. I like the way this author writes its a funny story. Here Vlad iis trying to be nice and then someone dies what's a vampire to do. Go to flo and Agnes to dolbr the crime.

Alexandra
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is not as much funniness in this story as I expected and always love in this series. It is quite cruel and hard to the girls I adore and I bit my nails reading it, really afraid for them. And the last sentence? Oh my, I can't imagine what will happen next. But I will be there for the ride, that's for sure!
Nadine
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These are really cute books....lots of laughs!! I love the banter between Flo and Agnus. This one kept me on my toes guessing. These books are quick reads but they come out more often than other series books. Happy Reading :)
Lynn
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Hilarious

This book, like the rest of the series, is absolutely hilarious and impossible to put down. If you haven't read it, you should.
Karen
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fun and enjoyable murder mystery is well written and very entertaining. The cast of characters is quirky and addictive. I loved it. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Barbara  Miller
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Kristi
Jun 21, 2018
Mary Lou Webb
Jul 01, 2018
USA Today Bestselling Author Sam Cheever writes romantic paranormal/fantasy and mystery/suspense, creating stories that celebrate the joy of love in all its forms. Known for writing great characters, snappy dialogue, and unique and exhilarating stories, Sam is the award-winning author of 50+ books and has been writing for over a decade under several noms de plume.

Website: www.samcheever.com
Faceboo
More about Sam Cheever

Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries (7 books)
  • Flo Charts (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries)
  • Dose Vidanya (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Freezer Bernie (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • Christmas Grift (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #2.5)
  • Bad Haircult (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #3)
  • Naval Gazing (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #4)