Start by marking “Flow” as Want to Read:
Flow

Flow

To ask other readers questions about Flow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flow

Start your review of Flow
Jason Pangilinan
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Came at a good time in my life- just what I needed to reinvigorate myself after a couple of weeks of being in an existential rut. Perfect for New Years. This book has a lot of great ideas on how to give meaning to life. If nothing else it sheds light on why one can be miserable despite living a life of relative privilege. It has two primary faults: (1) so much information! It feels like a primer, in that every chapter could have been its own book. It requires your full attention (which, I am now ...more
Mert Alemdar
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kitap hayatımızın içindeki "Flow" mantığını kurgusunu çok güzel anlatıyor. Oldukça akıcı ve anlaşılır dilde yazılmış. Hayattan örnekler verilmesi çok hoş olmuş. Hayatımızdan keyif almak zevk almak için nelere dikkat etmeliyiz. Sevdiğimiz işte çalışmak neden önemli. Sevmediğimiz işte çalışınca hayatın bize nasıl zulüm olabileceğini iyice anlıyorsunuz. İşini seven insanların ortak özelliklerini dinlediğinizde sevdiğiniz ve size uygun olan işi yapmanın önemini daha iyi kavrıyorsunuz.
---------------
Simona Garbarini
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
per motivi inspiegabili non tradotto più in italiano, l'ho letto in una vecchia edizione di Frassinelli. L'autore identifica nell'impegno, nella capacità di porsi obiettivi e di raggiungerli, nel badare non al proprio scopo ma all'armonia universale il termine ultimo della felicità umana.
Proprio bello.
Una sorta di Bibbia laica, diciamo
Christen
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A must read book... very inspiring and motivating, however it is unnecessarily wordy. By the end of the book I found that I had trouble finishing it because i lost the reason to. Despite this, it was a very eye opening and it’s lessons on happiness is something I’ll never forget.
Kristoffer Kjær
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Virkelig god og inspirerende bog. Har meget fokus på happiness og joy, og hvordan dette bliver opnået i dagligdagen. Specielt kapitlerne til og med "The Flow of Thought" kapital 6 er virkelig gode. Læs gerne disse kapitler igen.
Phil
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting concept but I felt that for a lot of the second half of the book, Csikszentmihalyi was just writing for the sake of writing.

Once the idea of flow was introduced and what the steps were to reach that mindset, it started to become more of a chore to finish the book.
Joe Petsche
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In depth about all things flow. I found there to be many disparate subjects that are actually related to flow. I love the ideas here and hope you do too.
Caden Kyler
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
fantastic.

very unique style of writing; for such an academic text it kept me rapt with attention throughout the entirety of the book.

highly recommended for many a-ha moments.
Lili
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
miserable to work through but interesting
Don Aitken
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
An interesting look at how to achieve peace and happiness. This is one of our Mazatlan Bookclub selections.
Kristi
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed-it
Originally written 30 years ago, this book didn't age well. The parts I enjoyed - snippits, really - weren't worth the hours of reading.
Cynthia Frongia
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Love the concept but I found it to be repetitive and slightly boring. As though I was reading a biology textbook
Morten
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Motivation in Book-form
Calum
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5
Vitali Green
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This should have been essay-length, but still worth working through.

He basically talks about gamification decades before everything became gamified.
Ryan Amaro
Dec 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility
  • Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
  • The Widow (Kate Waters, #1)
  • The Marshmallow Test: Mastering Self-Control
  • Prepared: What Kids Need for a Fulfilled Life
  • The Girl Who Lived
  • The Scarlet Letter
  • Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
  • Be Here Now
  • The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety
  • The Awakening
  • The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
  • Inner Engineering: A Yogi's Guide to Joy
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day
  • Forever and a Day
  • London Rules (Slough House, #5)
  • Dictator (Cicero, #3)