Start by marking “Don't Go Through Life Naked: How to Clothe Yourself in God's Power to Walk Through the Challenges of Life and Step into God's Promises Every Day” as Want to Read:

"Let the words of Don’t Go through Life Naked sound a clarion call to arms for you. Choose to clothe yourself in the power of God’s mighty armor, which is His Word straight from the Bible. Your life depends upon it."
Dr. Thelma Wells (aka Mama T)
Founder, A Woman of God Ministries
Women of Faith Speaker

"Every Christian needs this resource.”
Pat Layton
Author of Life Unst
Published January 23rd 2018 by Susan B. Mead Ministries

To ask other readers questions about Don't Go Through Life Naked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Go Through Life Naked

Anne Watson
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a list maker. I make lists of things to do, to buy, people to visit, and more. One thing I have never put on my list, though, is to kick the enemy out of my life. By not taking a proactive approach to him, I never see him sneaking in and thus allow him to wreak havoc unopposed. Don't Go through Life Naked is the equipping and inspiration we all need to sharpen the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God and stand battle-ready against his schemes. Through her compelling story, her zest ...more
Jeanette Fallon
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don't Go Through Life Naked by Susan B. Mead

What do you expect when picking up a book with a title like this?  I wasn't so sure myself.  I did enjoy the message that was shared by the author.

I love Ephesians 6:10-20 about wearing the armor of GOD and being prepared against the enemy. This book reminded me about the importance of reading the Bible daily and the power of prayer.

Many years ago I was going a relative's wedding.  I was going to see someone who caused me much grief years ago.  I worri
Kristen Tiber
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every believer should read this book

This is a great book for every believer to read. It shares the importance of being clothed and armed with God's Word every day. It reminds us that we have an enemy and educates the reader on how to deal with him. I was encouraged and challenged by reading this book. Susan has a great way of connecting with the reader and I loved the stories she shared!
Michael Wilkinson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Incredible guide

As I read the title of this book, I thought this was exactly what I needed to get through my day at work sometimes. Susan didn’t disappoint, reminding me of the armor of God and keeping my focus on Him. This is good book for an Christian looking for encouragement throughout the day. Glad I read it.
Phyllis
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don’t Go Through Life Naked: How to Clothe Yourself in God’s Power by Susan B. Mead

The focus of this short book is to equip Christians to not just survive the attacks of Satan, but to understand how he attacks and how to fight back. The author shares some personal experiences, Bible verses and reflection questions to this end. In many ways, the book reads like a conversation with a friend.

Overall, the author does a good job in covering this. She also makes it very clear that the promises of Scri
Deana Dick
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally a book that talks abut spiritual warfare. I don't hear very many pastors preaching about such an important part of a Christian walk today. Everyday the enemy is there with his tricks just waiting to take you out. He is subtle but so effective if we are not ready. A small argument with a spouse, an unkind word from a friend or an unfounded accusation can take you out.

The author does not pull any punches and I love that she is very direct with readers. I was floored when I saw the words s
Susan Shipe
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From Chapter 1 to Finish, this 100+ page book is packed full of practical Biblical Truth. Susan has done the hard work and it is evident. Having buried her young adult son and walking through the doubt and despair of belief with her elder son, Susan has learned a thing or 93.

Ms Mead takes us from the Garden all the way to the expected return of the Lord Jesus Christ. Teaching us with experience and the truth of God's Word. Some of my favorite chapters: Hell's Angels; Intimacy; and, Giving Up Mo
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This book is quick and to the point. None of us should go through our lives naked - seems like a simple statement, right? And of course the moment you see that you will question what the heck the book is talking about. The Bible tells us to put on our whole Armour of God. It is really the only way we can shield ourselves from the dangers that loom around us. When we don't put this on, well, we are naked in my opinion. And who wants to live life like that? I enjoyed the author's short chapters th ...more
Joan
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
The title may be humorous but the topic is not. We have an enemy and we need to be prepared to do battle, clothed in the armor of God. Mead shares the lessons she has learned through her own spiritual battles and other experiences. She includes thought provoking questions at the end of each chapter for discussion or personal journaling.

I was a bit surprised when I read that Mead did not have a plan to clothe us in the armor of God. (Loc 880-896/1004). She does suggest we daily renew our mind by
Jennifer  J.
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Susan B. Mead has done a wonderful work with this book with the title that should turn more than a few heads! Don’t Go Through Life Naked is succinctly written in Mead’s unique voice that is simultaneously inspiring, uplifting, encouraging, cajoling, and tenacious!

Each chapter concludes with reflection questions that provide the reader with an opportunity to explore the chapter’s topic and personal application – something not to be missed. This is an urgent and impassioned plea to choose to be
J.E. Grace
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't Go Through Life Naked is a powerful book presented with love and honesty. It is filled with insightful and inspirational truths every believer should be reminded of.

The book teaches us to put on God's armor and to renew our faith daily with the word of God. In these times, we need to be immersed in the word more than ever. We are all in a Spiritual battle and need to be reminded that God has equipped us to be victorious. We need to know the truth so we can replace the lies with truth. We n
Bree
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A calling to know more of the Word of God and to find ways to prepare yourself for trials. I found the book to be a quick but complex read as it poses questions after each chapter for the reader to truly reflect upon. I did think that I would have seen more suggestions on how we should armor ourselves, but that can truly come from a passionate relationship with God.
I was provided a copy of this book for a book tour. I voluntarily chose to read the book and reflect upon my review to share. This
Janice Sisemore
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Don’t go through life Naked

You cannot tell what book is about from the title. Of course, that is true with a lot of books but really this one. Very informational and a book that would be good to read several times to get the full extent of it. I liked the part in the book where it says “ For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go”. The book talks about the Armor of God, being ready to meet Jesus when we die. There is some really good points in the book. I received an complementary
Elizabeth
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don’t Go Through Life Naked: How to cloth yourself in God’s Power
By: Susan B. Mead
Don’t Go Through Life Naked is a very powerful book that is packed with uplifting Bible scriptures to help us in our daily lives. The author tells us about her personal experience and engaging the enemy. Provides us with strong spiritual weapons that will clothe us in the power of God’s armor and promise everyday. A great book you can read again and again.
Enid
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book will provide you with encouragement on how to go through your day fully clothed in God's word. It's an easy read and full of encouragement in how to use the Word of God as our daily weapon to get through our day and most important of all how to go through our life fully clothed, not naked -spiritually that is.
Great read for a great price!
Disclaimer: I was given an advance reader copy in lieu of an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Leeann
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good book for a new believer to help them understand the reality of the spiritual battle in which we are fighting. A great reminder for the seasoned believer as well. It encourages us to step up to the battle by reading and memorizing God’s Word, praying for guidance and strength, and putting Christ first in our lives. Also emphasized the fact that Christ could come at any moment and we need to be ready so we’re not embarrassed at His coming.
Alicia Beck
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review
Don't Go Through Life Naked may have a strange title, but this book will be one that you will want to reread again and again. This is a guide on how to use the Word of God to help us in life's battles. This book is very encouraging. This book is not a hard to read book. The author did a great job with the writing of this. I would highly recommend this book. Disclaimer: I was given a complimentary copy of this book but all thoughts and opinions are my own honest ones.
Melissa Henderson
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Encouraging, uplifting and inspiring. This book gives examples of how to live our lives full of faith and grace. By clothing ourselves in the full armor of God's love and power each day, we are able to show love and mercy to others. Even when trials and tribulations come our way, there is hope found in the Word of God. Great book to give as a gift. I will read this one again and again. I received a complimentary copy of this book and this is my own personal opinion.
Virginia Winfield
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This author tells how she uses bible verses to “clothe herself in God’s power”. She uses some humor to discuss some serious subjects. This was interesting. I received a copy of this book from Celebratelit for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
D'anah
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting

I highlighted so many parts, not much left without highlights. The book was what I needed at the time; to remind me to keep "clothing" myself in the armor He has provided. Would definitely recommend this book yo anyone who needs reminding of this.
C.
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed Susan’s writing style and her information. Great resource for inspiration and educational references as she highlights and recommends scriptures for additional information. It was enjoyable & a book I could listen to again.
Becky Schaffer
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting

This book is an easy read. It is uplifting and encouraging, full of verses to put in your back pocket for future use. I would definitely recommend it.
Jacob Phillips