Start by marking “The Newlyweds (Cake #4)” as Want to Read:
The Newlyweds (Cake #4)

The Newlyweds

(Cake #4)

You thought their story was over… but a love like theirs has no end.

Fate doesn’t own Jake McKallister. At least, that’s what he tells himself. Life is better than ever. He’s at the top of his game, performing to sold-out crowds the world over. He has his health and a solid, fun-loving family to keep him grounded.

And he got the girl - the beautiful, quirky girl he’s just
Published February 27th 2018 by J. Bengtsson

To ask other readers questions about The Newlyweds, please sign up.
Rachel you don't HAVE to read 2 and 3 since this book focuses on Jake and Casey. However, the outcomes of book 2 and 3 will be a bit spoiled since they talk…moreyou don't HAVE to read 2 and 3 since this book focuses on Jake and Casey. However, the outcomes of book 2 and 3 will be a bit spoiled since they talk about their siblings and they make appearances.

I read this before I read 2 or 3. I wasn't missing pieces of Jake and Casey's story. I am now going back to read 2 and 3. I mean, they are romance novels, so you kind of know they will have a happy ending and get together at the end. So its not like what it reveals about 2 and 3 is too surprising. (less)

Paige
5 “Changes” Stars

I laughed SO HARD while reading this book. I swooned SO HARD while reading this book. And I fell in love all over again SO HARD while reading this book. It was one I was so looking forward to and Ms. Bengtsson delivered perfection.

This is what happens in Jake and Casey’s HEA. Life. Love. Happiness. Pasts. Futures. Family. Heartbreak. Soul Mates. If you loved the beginning of their story, this addition is like the perfect extended, extended epilogue. I love this series and these
Whitney
The Newlyweds is actually the sequel to Cake. You technically don't have to read The Theory of Second Best or Fiercely Emma before jumping into this installment, but you definitely need to read the first book.

One reoccurring question that keeps popping into my brain when trying to review this book is: Was this book really necessary? In my honest opinion, it really wasn't. Don't get me wrong - it was awesome to see Jake and Casey tie the knot, visit with the McKallister gang, and catch all of J.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I had great apprehension about reading Cake: The Newlyweds despite the fact that I loved the first book in this series where Jake and Casey met and fell in love. I always worry when authors do a follow up to a book where the couple was left in a good place because I am very much a lover of happily ever after and I know when there is a follow up book that means something goes wrong and given the hero’s past, this made me extremely nervous. So, I have to give credit where credit is due…J. Bengtsso
Kim Carter
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
J. Bengtsson delivers with another installment of the McKallister family...Jake and Casey...tying the knot! I just happen to fall upon CAKE as a suggested read and I devoured Jake and Casey and the Kyle and Kenzie and recently Emma and Finn. Jake has been through so much in his life...to say he is one lucky man to have found his soulmate in Casey is an understatement. She is kind, caring, funny and patient. In the beginning of The Newlyweds, I
Krystal Gaddis
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Loved loved loved. This was an awesome return to Jake and Casey's story....including the wedding that did not disappoint('Assbutt' now has a permanent place in my insult bank. Thank you for that little gem).

I don't want to spoil it for anyone but just like the previous books, this one will have you laughing out loud one minute and close to tears the next. There was no shortage of Mckallister/Caldwell family shenanigans.

We get a nice little update on Kyle and Kenzi throughout the book but also
Lover of Romance
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Cake: The Newlyweds is a continuation of the first book Cake. Now I did skip ahead a few books because I really wanted to read this one so badly here. I fell in love with Jake and Casey. It starts out with seeing our two lovebirds enjoying being newly married and all twitter patted. For Jake and Casey, life couldn't be better. Jake is busy with his tours, and Casey has a great job that she is loving . We see them get married and go on a del
Ann
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
CAKE PERFECTION!
If you are like me and fell in love with Jake and Casey in CAKE and wanted more, you will absolutely love CAKE The Newlyweds! This fourth book in the series is a seamless continuation of CAKE!

While reading CAKE, we all hoped and rooted for mega-rockstar Jake to experience love and happiness with Casey especially after learning about the horrors he experienced when he was 13 and we were rewarded after many a heart stopping event with the engagement of Jake and Casey (yay)! In thi
RentasticReads
PERFECTION!! Jake and Casey’s story has finally come full circle and it was just as beautiful and captivating and brimming with emotion as the first book, if not more. I adored every single second of it, most especially the last few chapters. This book not only made me swoon and fall in love all over again with Jake McKallister, but it also made me see and understand better the entirety of his story. Of everything that truly happened to him during that horrific kidnapping. I loved the fact that ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Even though it’s been years since I first read Cake, it still stands as one of my all time favorites. That means getting more Jake and Casey was like someone handing me chocolate, tequila (so wine lovers, I prefer tequila), and the library from beauty and the beast all at once. I was just a little excited. Obviously. I love these two so hard. Still full of that sarcasm and wit that keeps me cracking up and the irresistible romance between Casey and Jake, there’s a deeper more emotional story tha ...more
LaDonna
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Roller Coaster Worthy Electrical p for Cake: The Newlyweds

Like all of the other books in this series, The Newlyweds is a beautiful ride of heart wrenching agony and hold your sides tears of laughter. To me, this is not a standalone - at the very least you need to have read Cake: A Love Story. I recommend the others as well, not only for the insight into the trauma of Jake's childhood, but for the frolicking laughter and the sweet love stories of Kyle and Emma.

It feels like it would be entirely
Karen
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read them all....and if you haven't read the first book you are missing a bunch of what makes Casey perfect for Jake to form "Cake". Casey is wonderful in ways Jake deserves. Jake is perfect (famous rockstar) except he isn't.

These books are a must read. If you love strong women who partner with their soul mate. You laugh, you cry, but you will appreciate the life of those whose life is changed by horrible life experiences...and everyone is effected....just how?! wow.

You'll enjoy their fami
Alyson Santos
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet journey. Fans of Jake and Casey’s story will love experiencing this deeply satisfying next chapter in the lives of their favorite dynamic couple. Loved watching them grow individually and together!
Sowmya Dnavis
ARC provided in exchange of an honest review.

This book is everything I expected and everything I surely did not expect.

Surprised right from the 1st chapter.
The twists and turns, the pause, laugh out loud, cry a river, curse the author. You have all these and much more in this book.

Strongly suggest to read or listen to the previous 3 books before this so you catch up on the updates of all your favourite characters.

I love that J's books are always story told from both the main characters and has
Melissa Rene
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
While this started somewhat slowly, it picked up and galloped right off into comedic territory. There are some serious issues here that get addressed - but so many of the scenes were just laugh out loud funny. Joe Arden handled the narration so well; these scenes wouldn't have been nearly so entertaining without his excellent narration.

Andi Arndt also added some spicy snark to the lively banter between Casey and Jake. All in all, this was a great read and the perfect conclusion to Jake and Casey
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
I'm writing my review for Cake: The Newlyweds by J. Bengtsson on three hours of sleep. I fell asleep reading it and I woke up determined to finish it, not wanting to put it down made that easy. I'm in love with Jake and Casey and getting the continuation of their story had me feeling complete. I'm hoping that y'all have read the first book Cake: The Love Story and were introduced to this funny, sexy and very much in love couple. They have ghost from the past and life's unexpected moments that ca ...more
Viviana Izzo
I love this series and listened to all of the previous audiobooks. When I learned that J. Bengtsson had written a fourth book that circles back to the original couple, Casey and Jake, I immediately thought "oh awesome novella"! Turns out it a full length book! I was also a wee bit apprehensive to listen to this because the first time around with Jake and Casey was so perfect, I didn't want to be let down.

I did enjoy this audiobook overall! We got to hang out with the awesome McKallister family
Melinda
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cake: The Newlyweds (Cake Book 4) by J. Bengtsson

I was so looking forward to reading this book and right now I don’t even want to write a review. So I’ll be brief. I didn’t really enjoy this at all. I found this follow-up to Jake and Casey’s story very underwhelming and oftentimes, boring. I wish the author had just left their story where it had ended and given us snippets of the characters throughout the other books of the series. I didn’t particularly like Casey or her thoughts and actions in
V Nerd

Gah, i love this series so bad!!

Jake and Casey are just such a wonderful couple to read about.
As usual this book is laugh out loud at points and close to tears in others.

I was so glad that Jake managed to get his Happy Ever After as what he went through when he was young was so sad.

Casey was just as fun as ever, and i want to be part of the family, her mother talking to Luke about his sexual habits is hilarious.

I would suggest that you read all of the books in the series before getting to this o
Katie Valdez
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Cake series, the only thing I didn't like was the beginning, (is written in media res) because I didn't get Cassey the last time I read about her I felt so related and suddenly I was like WTF is going on with her? haha
But if you keep reading you can understand where she's coming from, I absolutely related to her in some scenes I won't mention in order to save you from my spoiling lol

Monique
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you haven’t started this series yet, it is really best to go back to the start and do a binge read of all four books. Sometimes it is the best way to get the full effect of everything going on. This one especially because you will want to experience how these two fell in love before they actually become newlyweds.

I am glad that there was a fourth book to bring the series to an end and have it come full circle, starting where it all began, at a wedding. To me it was like I was attending a fam
Yvonne Wood
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Didn't think I would enjoy another Jake and Casey storyline but this book was hilarious. I love the interaction between them. The bachelor party and dad's famous honeybee story was so funny. Great treat. Thanks J.
Mary
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It was a little hard to get started and definitely had a tragic middle, but it was so good and ended up happy. Definitely recommend this entire series. It’s at the top of my all time favorites. ❤ ...more
Brandy
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not as good as book 1 or 3, but better than 2. Nice to see Jake make peace with his demons.
Christy Almeida
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been more than anxiously awaiting Cake: The Newlyweds by J. Bengtsson for months now and I couldn’t help myself- I pulled an all-nighter and now have a Jake and Casey hangover! Damn! I’m gonna need a Cake: the Marriage Years next. ☺

Cake: the Newlyweds is a follow-up to the Cake: A Love Story. And if you haven’t read Cake: A Love Story, then please, please, please go one click that right now and enjoy. You can thank me later.

Cake: The Newlyweds- I honestly thought it would be like an extend
Shannon
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PerfEct

I was confused at the ending of this book. Slater was the first born??????? Someone help me......... I am so confused
Harlow Layne
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jake and Casey! Cake! I laughed. I cried. I swooned. This was a roller-coaster that I didn't want to end.
I can't wait to see who the next book in the series will be about and I know I'm going to love it.
Kristina
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I simply adore that McKallister family! Loved this catch up with Jake and Casey and their life after the wedding. Thank you for keeping things realistic and so funny, while also digging deeper into Jake’s—and now Casey’s—difficulties in life.

And that ending was perrrrfect! 😍
Leila
I’m sorry, I really wanted to love the continuation of Jake & Casey’s love story but I just didn’t. I’m a bit jaded when it comes to weddings...I really don’t like them. So, when the first quarter of the book is wedding related I just lose interest.
There was serious foreshadowing in the first chapter and I kept reading into every character...is this the one that somethings going to happen to? Do I bother getting invested more just for something bad to happen?
As much as I loved the f
Kimberley
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I don’t want to spoil anything, but it was so great to return to Jake and Casey’s continuing love story. I wouldn’t have wanted to experience their wedding and newlywed adventures second hand! Through triumphs and tragedies, Jake and Casey’s love story grows even stronger. Thank you for sharing more of Cake’s life adventures, Jill. What an awesome gift for us all! ❤
"I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review."
A professional stay-at-home-mom for twenty-one years, Jill started her writing career in 2016 after reading a really bad rockstar romance. Although she had no previous writing experience and no desire to become an author, Jill was convinced she could write a better story. And so began Cake: A Love Story. She wrote the novel for fun and added every single thing she’d ever wanted to read in a romanc ...more

Cake (4 books)
  • Cake (Cake, #1)
  • The Theory of Second Best (Cake, #2)
  • Fiercely Emma  (Cake #3)