Start by marking “Cinderella and the Geek (British Bad Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cinderella and the Geek (British Bad Boys, #1)

Cinderella and the Geek

(British Bad Boys #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
From Christina Phillips a sexy, new romance with a hero you won’t forget…

I'm not looking for love or a Happily-Ever-After because I know how that ends. I just need to concentrate on my degree and look after myself. But there's something about my boss, Harry, I can't resist. It's crazy since he's so hot and smart it should be illegal.
And then, just like Cinderella, I have
Published February 19th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Embrace)

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella and the Geek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderella and the Geek

☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was a really cute novel that I really enjoyed. Alice and Harry were cute together but I can see where many thought this story was a bit awkward. There were moments that it was a little annoying and they went back and forth but I think overall I really enjoyed the story.

I liked that they both were awkward nerds that didn’t know how to show their love for one another. The sex scenes and other parts made me LMAO! I also thought Harry was super sweet with a lot of his adorable gestures. Overall
Zoe
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, entertaining, and utterly charming.

A real light, pleasure to read.
Sionna
Feb 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
*I received this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I absolutely can't believe I read this whole thing. I'm so annoyed with this book...

[Slight spoilers]

So, anyone who has been reading my reviews should kind of know by now that I'm pretty lenient with romance novels I read. Yet, with this book there is no way for me to be kind.

Let me tell you that the biggest conflict between the couple is how they don't talk to each other. They both have assumptions about their r
Lauren
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
*3.5*

Cinderella and the Geek wasn't on my radar until I stumbled upon it in an Entangled email, but as soon as I saw the tagline and read the synopsis, I knew it was the book for me. I love Cinderella-esque books, especially when they involve a fake date turned real. Luckily, Cinderella and the Geek was a charming romance, perfect for anyone who has ever dreamed of a picture perfect evening.

Cinderella and the Geek introduces Alice and Harry. They're co-workers and friends, but they each have o
*The Angry Reader*
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
***ARC received for an honest review***

An adorable, awkward, realistic about two socially-strained individuals falling in love.

(This was like an NA version of the Sarina Bowen I read earlier this week. Kinda weird coincidence.)

"My social life's always been pretty dire. When I was at school there was the never-ending struggle to maintain an A grade average, and I'm so used to having my nose in a book it feels weird when I don't."

Alice, an assistant at Harry's gaming company, is determined to mak
Elaine
This is a really delightful contemporary romance, which takes the reader on a journey through the whole gamut of emotions! Having your dream lover as your boss - and him never looking at you in that way has proved too much for this young lady. She's about to leave her job, her boss and her romantic dreams behind her and go off to university......should she risk their friendship and brilliant working relationship to see if he can look at her in a different way? Then comes the opportunity to do ju ...more
Helen
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars https://greatreadsandtealeaves.blogsp...

My Thoughts

“He’s taking you to a ball. You’re going to have your very own Cinderella moment.”

You know the feeling, you’re between reads and really in need of some light entertainment - then this is the perfect book for you. A really cute read that contains some laughs and loads of sexy romance - just what was required for a quick, no brainer escapism. This is not meant to be deep and meaningful, it’s chick lit, light and fluffy.

A super easy read,
Bette Hansen
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read! Harry & Alice are wonderfully awkwardly adorable together. The witty banter and awkward moments between the two of them had me smiling all the way through the book. The two have been lusting after each other forever and with Alice leaving for university soon, she knows it's now or never. When the perfect opportunity to spend time with Harry presents itself Alice steps up to offer Harry her help. This leads to one epic, glorious nice together. Will they find a way to ma ...more
Robin Bielman
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so cute! The perfect mix of sexy, smart, and fun with a hot British hero!! Loved it.
Deanna from Deanna's World
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cinderella and the Geek is a sweet and sexy story between practical, organized Alice and gorgeous geek, Harry. As they navigate their feelings for each other outside of the workplace, sparks fly and emotions get entangled.

This is a departure from my usual read but because Ms Phillips is an author I trust, I decided to give it a shot. It doesn't not disappoint. Not only is it a sweet story but it also sizzles with sexiness as it deals with ambitions, career aspirations and personal desires. And i
books are love
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Harry and Alice are so adorable. Alice is the girl who has put her idea of a boyfriend off until after college. She wants to be someone her mom is proud of. Only this sweet, efficient smart as a whip girl has a crush on her boss. A boss she intends to have a before college fling with.

Harry is the geek whose heart was crushed long ago so he has shut that part of his life down. He is focused on his role play game and making his company successful. He is now
Samantha (WLABB)
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Take two awkward people with some baggage, put them in a fake date situation, and watch the sparks fly. That's pretty much what happened in Cinderella and the Geek, and it was a lot of fun watching this romance blossom.

Who?

• Harry, the RPG designer, who had put off romantic relationships after suffering a terrible breakup six years ago.

• Alice, Harry's office manager, who had little romantic experience, and was leery of relationships due to her father abandoning her family.

Wh
Megan
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Not a huge fan of this one. It wasn't terrible. Not at all terrible. It just was too awkward for me to read. Not the writing.. but the conversations and the characters in general. Which I do understand that it's what the author was going for but I cringed so much while reading this book. It was very real life awkwardness and Yeah just wasn't for me.

If you enjoy real life, awkward people getting together then this book is for you. It's also a workplace romance.
Júlia Rocha
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
*book provided via NetGalley*

A light and at points entertaining modern romance. However, when it could have been amazing, in turning points, it fell so so flat.
Tami
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: phillips-c, netgalley
3.5

Falling in love with your boss type contemporary romance.

This review is based on the ARC received from the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
NerdyBookishBeauty
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an adorable book. I enjoyed the read, it was super easy to get through and I would recommend for anyone needing something in between a books that shook your world.
Megan Westfield
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Cinderella and the Geek was an adorable story with a warm feeling I enjoyed being tucked into each time I picked up the book to continue reading. It had lots of elements of the Cinderella story (single parent household, rich/poor contrast, the glitzy ball), but it was more than that, too, with the author bringing in lots of other pieces of romance trope to build a unique retelling, such as twins, gaming, first love, office romance, and long distance relationships. My favorite part of the book wa ...more
Sam
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved everything about this story. There is something refreshing about reading a story about a geek who is completely out of touch and doesnt realise just how attractive he is. I picked this book up in the morning and had it finished by lunchtime. I loved Harry an everything about him. He is the perfect mix of hot and sweet. Alice was perfect for him. She wasnt some hot super model or some fame chaser. Both Harry and Alice both have issues and it was great too see how they over came ...more
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I hold open the door for Alice. As she walks outside, her perfume dives straight to my dick. Don’t even think about rising to the occasion. Too late.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Also, the quote I used may have changed or been altered in some way, but I am quoting from what I received.

This one started off so well, until my eye started twitching (which it is still doing). In all fairness, I don't think the
Sara
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Cinderella and the Geek is a fun, sweet, romance. The characters are endearing and you can't help but love them. If you want a feel good read this is definitely for you."
Treena
This reads like an in-between a YA and an NA story. And I really liked how awkwardly adorable Harry was. He's the one that carried this book for me. Go hot nerds!

But while I enjoyed the story, around the 65% mark, I found myself getting annoyed with both MC's because so many of their issues could've been avoided if they just had a proper chat. The 2 of them spent a lot of time assuming certain things. And you know what happens when people make assumptions, right? Most of the time, they're wrong
Kimberly
Feb 19, 2018 marked it as dnf
Shelves: contemporary, romance
DNF at 38%

I wanted to like this book, but I just couldn’t keep slogging through it. Over a third of the way in and it still felt like nothing was happening. If Alice and Harry had actually talked instead of constantly making assumptions (something that drives me nuts), this would have been a quick and ok short story. But between the slow pace, bland characters, and issues of believability, Cinderella and the Geek felt like a chore to read and I had to throw in the towel after five days of tryi
Bec_BookMagicReviews
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

Alice has had a thing for a boss for a while now, but she's never acted on it. However, with her leaving the company soon, she's determined to finally go after what she wants. Yet, just when things are starting to heat up and change between them, she finds Harry allowing old wounds to interfere in their relationship. Will Alice be able to convince him that he's the one she wants, or will they both walk away from their shot at happy ever after?

Stories encompassing a heroine that feels like Cinder
Rivka
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Crystal
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alice has worked hard in school her whole life and is finally ready for college. She’s been working for some video games developers while waiting for school to start. She’s had a kind of crush on co-founder Harry for awhile now, but hasn’t ever acted on it. She’s not that kind of girl, after having watched what her father had put her mother through. Alice’s bff has been pushing Alice to get out and date, but Alice seems shy and a little nerdy.
Harry, hasn’t really looked at Alice either. He actu
Fizza
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
It's a sweet romance novel. Story is interesting enough and characters are great. I loved both Harry and Alice. Geeks are my favourite heroes to tell you the truth, so I enjoyed reading about a love between "Beauty and the Geek." It's a must read if you're looking for a lighthearted HEA kind of story. I'm sure this one won't disappoint you.

Harry works a lot, basically his company is his home. Alice works with him so obviously she is off-limits. He can't have romantic thoughts for her. W
Sascha
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2

If you're looking for a cute love story to cuddle up with on a cold February night, Cinderella and the Geek is it.

Harry and Alice have been fancying each other for months but neither have acted on it until the time draws near for Alice to leave for university. Then, fortuitously, Harry is nominated for Sexy Geek of the Year award and needs a date. Who is the obvious choice? Alice, of course.

Alice gets to dress up, this is supposedly where Cinderella comes in, and she and Harry soon discove
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Alice isn't concerned with finding love or happily ever after. That's the stuff of fairy tales and she doesn't have time for that. Instead, she focuses on her job and acquiring her degree. Besides, she's young, so if for some reason she were to change her mind, there's plenty of time.

At least, that was how she felt prior to actually feeling as if she were Cinderella in her own fairy tale. There's a ball, a magical dance, and a week that felt like a dream. What started out as a fake
Lexi Divan
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I have a love hate relationship going on with this book. I thought it was good but sometimes the characters do some stupid shit and you can't help but wonder why. So it starts typical boy likes girl, girl likes boy and neither knows of each others feelings. When they do end up together, boy decides he doesn't want anyone to know he is with girl which reinforces girl's insecurities that boy doesn't fancy her all that much. That is the really dumb part where boy keeps girl away from brother since ...more
Celia
In this loose re-telling of Cinderella, Alice works behind the desk at a tech job which is co-owned by Harry. Harry also happens to be the guy Alice has been lusting after since the interview. Told from dual perspectives, we come to learn that Alice and Harry are mutually attracted to each other, and they also each have scars from their past that could dictate their future.

The attraction between Alice and Harry is truly one of the sweetest things. And I love the dual perspective the reader gets
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christina Phillips is an ex-pat Brit who now lives in sunny Western Australia with her high school sweetheart and their family. She enjoys writing paranormal, historical and contemporary romance but whether the hero is a fallen angel, tough warrior or sexy mortal, the romance will be sizzling and the heroine will bring her hero to his knees.

Christina is addicted to good coffee, expensive chocolate

British Bad Boys (2 books)
  • Once Upon a Player (British Bad Boys, #2)