Start by marking “The Good Doctor” as Want to Read:
The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
I live in the hospital, working 18 hour days.
My entire life consists of running from patient to patient until I meet her.
The girl that is afraid of her own shadow.
She starts out as a patient, but thoughts of her consume me.
One phone call leads to me meeting her amazing little girl which changes everything.

With the help of my new partner in crime, I set out to try and
ebook
Published February 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Good Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good Doctor

1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the blurb and it intrigued me. What I didn't expect was to be in tears right from the beginning and I knew that I was going to need comfort food because it was going to be one of those stories.

From the first moment Adam sees Isabel he's intrigued by her and despite their brief encounter he thinks about her for a while. Well fate seemed to be on his side and Isabel is put on his radar, this time for a while.

Isabel just could not find the strength to be strong for her and Sophie until she
Mayurakshi Paul
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Good Doctor a sweet love story that will pull at your heart strings and make you feel really good and positive. It would make you feel, that good is still present and even if you have been in darkness for long, light will always be there at the end of the tunnel and you would be able to come out of the darkness to have a beautiful tomorrow.

Enough of philosophical words!!!!! Coming back, I would like to talk about the three awesome characters of the story, those are Isabel, Adam and Isabel's
Liz
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such an emotional read. Warning, it touches on emotional and physical abuse, however. Isabel and Sophie are amazing characters. And Adam, Adam was perfect. This is a quick read with lots of emotions.
Sassy Southern
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely a “read in one sitting” book! This book is as sweet as the come, and you get suckered into not putting it down-it’s that good.
A mother and her child have spent most of their life in a very hard way. It isn’t until they meet Adam, the perfect gentleman, that they really truly catch a break.
The love story between Adam and Isabel is truly heart warming. Though the characters have been through so much, they are still able to find themselves within each other, and it really fills your hea
Jennifer Miller Molstead
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It runs you through every emotion. And makes you realize that there are good people everywhere.
Lisa Gonzales
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and let me tell you, I loved it! You have someone who was in a domestic violence relationship and we all know there is nothing good about that. Til the girl meets the man who can probably herlp her and her daughter she decides to trust him. Its very hard going through something like that but the author turned it around and made it into the good, that you can overcome anything you just need that one person to believe in you and faith and trust.
Jenny Prose
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars Book
This story is going to tug at your heartstring because of the topic. This book touches on tough subjects such as abuse. Isabelle is a married military spouse who has taken the abuse, that is until her daughter Sophie gets hurt. A chance meeting with her new doctor, Adam causes an instant attraction, and need to protect both Isabelle and Sophie. I love the relationship that forms between Sophie and Adam. This story made me smile and cry all at once.

Andi Jaxon
Apr 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

**Excerpt**

“Hey, Sophie, Do you like ice cream?” I ask.

I look over at Isabel and give her a wink because I have an idea. I kneel in front of Sophie, so we are eye level.

“I like ice cream, why?” she answers.

I can’t help but chuckle. There is not getting anything past this one, Isabel is in trouble when she gets older.

“Well, I need to go to the store before we head to my house. I was hoping you would help me pick an ice cream flavor?”

“Ice Cream? For after dinner?”

“Yes, but you have to be good and
Holly *Confessions of a Lit Chick*
I cannot continue reading this.
This book is supposed to deal with the physical and mental abuse of a woman and her child.
I'm sorry, but any Doctor who has sexual attraction instantly to a woman still actively being abused and is aroused by her, actually makes me feel ill. Also, the hero keeps going to touch her, and this was their first meeting!! Her hand, her shoulder and every single time she flinches, surely as a professional you'd know not to approach someone this way?
I can't continue, way t
Teresa
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about finding yourself and finding help, love and happily ever after in a place you weren't even looking. This story deals with a very difficult subject. Abuse is one thing that should never be tolerated but its so hard to walk away from. I can attest to this. Waling away and starting again is the hardest thing you will ever do but it will also be the best start to the rest of your life. Watch out for triggers but so worth the read. An emotional rollercoaster that ends in an HE ...more
Kendra
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't read doctor or military romances nearly enough. *swoon!*

I adored many aspects of this short book. The character stood out to me and Adam warmed my heart in so many ways. I loved the romantic tale between the characters. Each of them has a way of pulling your strings and just hooking you into the story. I read it like no one's business; it was one book I could not put down!

Jaxon does a great job at weaving this tale. There was only one thing that bugged me about the story, but I can't say
Lisa Marie Barrera
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! JUST WOW!!! Another Awesome Book by Another New Author for me Andi Jaxon!! The moment I read the Blurb- The Good Doctor, I was intrigued and wanted to know More! Gotta warn you though, it does deal with emotional & physical abuse but so worth the read. Isabel and Sophie's story is So Beautifully Broken but has All The FEELS you ask for in a book! Adam has you swooning over his chivalry and melts your heart strings for his passion to a woman he first laid eyes on. Nothing I ever read be ...more
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Heartwarming!

This story is sure to pull at your heart strings. Domestic violence is an ugly thing, but Andi Jaxon took something horrific and told a beautiful story. You can’t help but fall for Adam and everything he does for Isabel and Sophie. Isabel’s transformation from fragile to strong is one of the high points of this story and a testament that anyone can change despite their circumstances. My favorite part of the book is Sophie. She adds levity to this intense read and is really the eleme
Kayla Bellamy
Such a good book! It shows that even in the worst situation, good can come and rescue you!

Adam is the perfect sweet patient man, every girl hopes to find. Isabel is determined to protect her daughter, no matter what. And Sophie... Sophie is a kind heart who just wants a daddy who loves her.

Never stop fighting! And read this book!
Nicole Brown
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book takes you through a one sitting read story that will leave you asking for more. The love between the characters is beautiful and heartwarming. This is a unique story. It takes a battered wife and child and throws them in with a savior that is worth loving time and time again. I don't want to give too much away so I will just say that this book is worth the download and read. Andi Jaxon's characters are wonderful and clearly written and you will keep turning the page for more.
Marnie
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bravery, survival and love.

Andi Jaxon has done well to portray the transition of surviving a violent and abusive relationship into the development of being able to accept all that is normal about love and family.

Our good doctor, Adam, works within a military setting, meeting an exceptionally beautiful and fragmented young lady, Isabel, who is to be one of the centres new patients, due to the reassignment of her husband. She’s fearful, and Adam can’t help but be intrigued by her beauty or the fra
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
The Good Doctor by Andi Jaxon is a short, quick read with an emotional punch. The story touches on physical and emotional abuse. It was both emotional to read and sweet when the right man shows a woman they way they are supposed to be treated.

Dr. Adam Patterson works long hours. His life consists of helping his patients. It is his calling, though the work sometimes weighs on him. Isabel and Sophie Alexander are just trying to survive. The wife of Captain Jason Alexander, a man highly regarded i
Jessica
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had so much potential it simply did not live up to - doesn't mean I didn't like it (I did); I just felt it was too short and should have been longer to fully make it more a novel. I would categorize this as a novella.
Isabel and her daughter, Sophie, are mentally and emotionally abused by Isabel's husband/Sophie's dad. (Isabel is also physically abused.) Adam is the doctor at the hospital where Sophie and Isabel go. When he sees Isabel, he is instantly attracted to her and knows she is
Sashi1959icloud.Com
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a gut wrenching book that Andi Jaxon wrote. A true love story. It made you cry from beginning to end and laugh at times as well. Isabel a victim of domestic violence, her daughter Sophie whom she protects at all costs and Adam who teaches Isabel what love is again. A very special doctor who rescues them and loves them regardless.
Keri Loves Books
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
A story of overcoming domestic abuse.

Isabel has been abused by her husband for years, now left beaten down and in fear, she must do whatever it takes to protect her daughter, Sophie.

Luckily, Adam steps in to help Isabel and her daughter start a new life. This is their story of starting over abd finding real love.

The story had great potential, it just fell short.
Sandrad2012yahoo.com
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book, but it only ended up being a 2 stars for me. The writing is a little novice and not easy to flow through and read. Some aspects of the story are cheesy and unrealistic. I love the story concept but I just don’t think it was executed well.
Amanda Williams
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely perfect. Great storyline with amazing characters that you will immediately fall in love with. I laughed, I cried and I fell in love. This was absolute perfection in a book and definitely, this years must read!
Lori
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enrapturing one-sitting read!

This is a story that will pull at your heartstrings and make you want to appreciate what you have. Domestic violance was all Isable and her daughter Sophie knew, until there was Adam. Get ready to cry.
Taylor Freeman
Mar 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars.
Tianna✸loves books✸
Surprisingly nice. But unrealistic.
The H JUST falls in love with the h and it was too unrealistic to believe. The h who suffered domestic abuse from her husband, JUST leaves him when the H tells her to leave her husband and stay with him. It's all so quick and unrealistic.
Susan Herlocker
Mar 27, 2018
⚓ Basil ⚓
rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2018
Raised in California, I’m a crunchy mom, save the whales and the rain forests, hippy. I married a sexy man in uniform who let me spawn and am now raising a mutinous army of hell raisers that I created myself, all while he defends our country. I drink too much coffee until it's late enough to drink too much wine and am sexually frustrated for your freedom. If you see me online, I'm probably sitting ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)