Start by marking “Death at the Seaside” as Want to Read:
Death at the Seaside

Death at the Seaside

Nothing was going to ruin Castle’s holiday.

Except for the mocking laughter of the dead.

Castle was anticipating a lovely break at the seaside. His glamorous film star mistress was even joining him.

However, an unexpected encounter leaves Castle reeling. There’s a chance that someone knows his darkest secret and no matter what, he’s going to have to deal with it.

All his life,
Published January 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Death at the Seaside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death at the Seaside

Peter
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Turbulent
Death at the Seaside is a sinister story of the shocking consequences when a man’s destructive past and tormented mind, finally shatter. The story and plot are interesting and well-structured, accepting it as a novella. It was also intriguing to find the main characters dislikeable, yet appealing, if only to see them get their comeuppance.

Larry Castle is a big man, an ex-soldier that at one time people would have described as handsome but is now podgy. His attitude and ego continue to
Bill Lynas
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb characterisation lies at the heart of F R Jameson's excellent novella, in which we find a very unpleasant Londoner & his mistress at a seaside holiday camp in the 1950s. It's rare to read a story where the two main characters are so vividly brought to life that, despite the fact that I dislike them both, they pull you right into the heart of the tale.
I've read some of the author's previous work before, but this story kept me thinking about the characters long after I finished reading
F.R.
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My new novella, ‘Death at the Seaside’ is now out and is 99p/99c on KIndle, and on Kindle Unlimited. Just click here and you’ll be taken straight to it.

Here’s my introduction.

I first wrote ‘Death at the Seaside’ in 2002.

Back then I was watching a lot of ‘The Sopranos’, and quite clearly was inspired by an overweight man with criminal tendencies and an eye for the ladies. Although in my head the protagonist, Larry Castle looks a lot more like Ray Winstone than James Gandolfini.

Once finished thoug
Jeannie Lawson
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of "Death at the Seaside" through Voracious Readers Only. I was sucked in from the first page and could not put it down til the last page! The descriptive writing and glimpses into Castle's past kept me turning the pages. The ending did seem just a little forced, almost as if he ran out of paper. All in all, I enjoyed this book very much!
Jen
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holidays are meant to be a relaxing affair, but when an unexpected phrase is uttered by someone who shouldn't know it the holiday becomes anything but restful in F.R. Jameson's Death at the Seaside.

To read this, and other book reviews, visit my website: http://makinggoodstories.wordpress.com/.

Larry Castle was planning to thoroughly enjoy his holiday at the seaside, passing the time with drinking, eating, and spending time flirting and cavorting with lovely ladies while waiting for his film star
Gwen Schwartz
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

I really liked the authors writing style. The characters came to life through the thoughtful writing. Twists and turns that kept me interested and fully engaged in the story. You now have a new fan F.R. Jameson. Thank you so much for offering this great book for free.
S.A. Krishnan
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting and short mystery. The characterization and the detailed picturesque of the world is perfect as the story unfolds. Enjoyed it!
Todd Simpson
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Story, I loved it. There are some characters that I enjoy, and Larry Castle is definitely one of them. I like that he’s unpredictable and a little bit delusional. F.R. Jameson has done a brilliant job with this unique and clever plot. I certainly didn’t predict some of the things that happened, and I also like the Authors easy and fluid writing style.
The world was truly Larry Castles oyster, and he was certainly prepared to take his share and then some. To say that Larry was confident in
Robin Bell
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit short but an interesting read - will look for other books by the same author....
Billie
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing was going to ruin Castle’s holiday, except the mocking laughter of the dead…
Larry Castle was anticipating a lovely few days at the seaside. Basking in the sunshine, canoodling with his mistress and playing the big man visiting town. However, a chance encounter leaves his confidence reeling.
There’s a possibility that someone knows his darkest secret. The thing that made him, but which could equally break him. No matter what, Castle is going to have to deal with this problem. Otherwise it
Bonnye Reed
Jun 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
TheFussyLibrarian
Jeannette
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justice

This was a very suspenseful novel. I disliked the main character from the beginning and he seemed to be without redeeming qualities.
Linda L Foster
Mr. David Roberts
Apr 22, 2018
Blair Hodgkinson
Aug 04, 2018
F.R. Jameson was born in Wales, but now lives in London with his wife and young daughter. He writes both historical thrillers and supernatural thrillers.

His books are, at the moment, mostly sorted into two different – but complimentary – series. The first, ‘Screen Siren Noir’, currently comprises of three novels: ‘Diana Christmas’, ‘Eden St. Michel’ and ‘Alice Rackham’. All of which tell the stori