Start by marking “Blood Mines” as Want to Read:
Blood Mines

Blood Mines

Tanya’s life was turned upside down when her son, Steve was attacked by renegades and she had to dig deep facing her worst fear to save them both.
It is the year 2048, 30 years after a devastating quake had changed Gauteng’s geographic features. The effects of the acid water, that covered most of the area, was visible to everyone but the government. The silent death crawli
Paperback, First Edition, 299 pages
Published January 22nd 2018 by Self published

To ask other readers questions about Blood Mines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Mines

Wanda Hartzenberg
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Time for my review.

On the positive side I found the basic premise of the book intriguing especially since we had a very weird experience a few months ago due the the very issue discussed in this book.
BUT...
I did not like the main character. Not from the start. And as the book continued I liked her less and less. Also the love interest. If you, or you, or you, anybody use the world sweetie, darling, angel or any of ten equally disgusting terms I will make them eat dirt. Worse still, if them do s
Lynn Worton
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review 3.5 rounded up to 4*

This is an intriguing post-apocalyptic thriller set in South Africa. I enjoyed it.

Tanya is an interesting character, though I found her to be a bit annoying to be honest, and too trusting to boot, to say that she lived in a virtual war zone (even though there isn't a war as such). She and her son Steve live on a plot of land that is threatened by the acid water that has polluted the land when an earthquake devastated the area around Gauteng thirty years previously. The
Corri Badenhorst
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blood Mines is full of pain, desperate hope and a need to survive. A blink of the reality of life currently in South Africa combined with fiction and romance. It is definitely not for sensitive readers for it is an eye opener for reversed racism and the possible outcome of it. Where current generations have to suffer for their forefather's mistakes even if they want to live in harmony and peace.
I have to say Blood Mines had me in tears and in a desperate feeling to reach out. The author had the
Scott Richards
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Set in a post-apocalyptic South Africa of 2048, where corruption, pollution and vigilante militia are rife, Tanya and son Steve are attacked on their rapidly deteriorating farmstead.
Water is scarce, contaminated by cyanide and other chemicals over spilling from abandoned mining operations, exacerbated by earthquakes.
She and her son are rescued by a group of individuals known as The Phantoms (much like Fremen in “Dune”, stockpiling underground lakes of fresh water).
There are unexpected plot twi
Lynelle Clark
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Feedback on this book is quite amazing.
Thanks for all the support
Alice Malt
Jun 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure why this book gets such positive reviews and, to be honest, couldn't finish it.
Too many plot holes, too many ideas thrown into the mix, and I'm always more than a little anxious when an author reviews their own work, as in this case.
The language of the story-telling, and phrases used by some characters are abrasive, but particularly the fake, patronising endearments used, and the men trying to get into Tanya's pants, or so she thinks.
The whole "feel" of the story irritated.
How can w
Lynelle Clark
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Review received from Antoinette Lourens:

The Author succeeds in moving me along on a journey into the future. It is about a very relevant problem, water, a very scarce commodity. A problem that exists already. It is a storyline that captures your imagination and can very easily be made into a movie. The Author is talented and achieved her goal, namely drawing attention to a future water shortage and contamination. The storyline is captivating, strong and surprising characters and sometimes quite
Alice Malt
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2018
Rosemary De Jager
marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2018
McPhaul M.
marked it as to-read
May 07, 2019
Dedicated author. Hopeless romantic. Loves a good ending.
In my spare time I read and write reviews and help with promotions on my blog. I am a member of a few Touring Hosts that range from Romance, Thrillers, Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical, Horror and Inspirational books.
I had the pleasure to review a new website for authors, a magazine with a difference and reviewed a few non-fiction books.

My