Jump to ratings and reviews
Navy SEAL Ritt “Lancelot” Knight’s has been tapped to join the deeply-covert, highly-classified military unit known only as “The 13”. With his experience and knowledge, Ritt must pull together a team of eleven men from special operations units within each branch of the military, and one CIA operative to combat a new global terrorist threat.

CIA agent Riley Bray doesn’t mind stepping on toes to ensure her operations are successful and her men unharmed. When the operation falls apart, her boss is placed on the hot seat to answer for the deaths of innocent people. Riley’s position with the agency is also in jeopardy—and perhaps her very life.

Sent to observe the operation, Ritt works alongside Riley to investigate who leaked intel that led to the disastrous operation. When terrorists take over the Syrian compound, Ritt and Riley must work fast to regain control. But allies turn into enemies, and the mission is to kill Riley at all costs.

How much can one couple face before their luck runs out and one of them ends up dead?

126 pages, Kindle Edition

Published January 21, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Anne L. Parks

29 books148 followers
Born and raised in the Rocky Mountains, Anne L. Parks has spent the last 28 years moving all over the United States. Married to the Navy – well a Commander in the Navy – Parks has lived in various locales throughout the United States. She currently resides in the Washington D.C area. When not writing, she spends her time reading, doing yoga, mountain biking, and keeping track of four kids and a very spoiled rescue German Shepherd. And drinking wine.

Author of nine novels (Tri-Stone Trilogy, Return To Me series, and Strangers) and four novellas that have been published in anthologies, she loves to create stories with mystery, plenty of twists and turns, and loaded with suspense.

With a military husband, it was only a matter of time before she broke into the military romantic suspense genre, where she feels right at home amongst highly trained, somewhat jaded, ready to take out terrorists alpha males and the strong, brave women who love them. Parks first military romance, MIA, went to #1 on Amazon’s Kindle World. Thirteen more books will be released in her new series, The 13. Two other series are being planned.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (<1%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 42 reviews
Profile Image for Deanie Nelder.
1,131 reviews12 followers
April 28, 2020
Navy SEAL Ritt "Lancelot" Knight has flown to Jordan to interview a CIA analyst to join his new top-secret team featuring members from all branches of the military (and the CIA). While the man he's supposed to talk to is a pompous idiot unsuited for the job, his second in command, CIA analyst Riley Bray is smart, highly prepared, and devoted to keeping the people under her supervision safe -- everything her boss isn't. But when an op goes bad, Riley's set up to take the fall. Can Riley and Ritt figure out whose the mole in the CIA before she gets sent to prison for treason?

If you look at my "read" list, you'd know that I love military romances, and this is a particularly good one. Parks balances the romance, suspense, and action well in a book that's entertaining from the first page to the last. Riley is the kind of tough, intelligent heroine women need, while "Lance" is the strong, perceptive man women dream of. Great book.
Profile Image for Vickie Chaisson.
637 reviews5 followers
September 29, 2018
Wow if you like kick ass military men and women fighting terrorists this book is for you. This book includes one of the strongest female characters in Riley that I have read in a long time. Riley is a CIA analyst who believes in country first, loyalty to her team and herself last. She fights for what she believes in and if that includes takuing down the bad guys better yet. She is mission focused and has never lost a man. When a mission goes awry and she feels responsible she has to find out who betrayed them. The character development in this suspense filled book of traitors, military teams, and government red tape and and hierarchy is well thought out and tight. This is the second book in this series and a very faced paced read. Lance is the Navy Seal tasked with finding the last member of the super secret off the book team known as The 13. When the Riley and Lance meet the sparks are off the chart and a true suprise to the both of them. The story of how they find the bad guys and build their own relationship will keep you on the edge of your seat. I finished this in one sitting and am ready for the next book in the series. This writer entices her readers with strong characters, storylines and amazing writing skills. Well done.
Profile Image for Karen Voitik.
2,890 reviews
February 2, 2018
>Book Review – Special Forces: Operation Alpha: Ritt
>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 2nd in the “13” series and ends with an HEA. Lance (Ritt) is part of a team of 13 special ops. There are only 12 on the team, so far. Lance travels to Jordan to recruit a CIA analyst for spot #13. Dix is said analyst, but the impression he gives to Lance is not a positive one. Dix’s second in command, Riley seems more suited to the job. There is a lot of action as Lance watches an op go bad and the fall out hit Riley.
>The action is exiting, creating a real page turner. The relationship between Riley and Lance seems to happen way too fast, especially since Lance is considering her for his team. Ignoring the quickness of the relationship, the actual relationship is hot. The setting keeps a reader on edge, as danger is everywhere. Some of the bad guys are a continuation from the 1st book, keeping the series holding together.
> This book is appropriate for an adult audience. I am giving this book 4 stars. I had a slight issue with the editing. Wrong words were used that should have been easy to catch and correct. This is a great series, please invest in a good editor.
Profile Image for The Book Junkie Reads . . ..
4,813 reviews140 followers
February 7, 2018
Intense action, drama, jealousy, treason,

Lance and Riley had a start that could be considered challenging. She made an impression and kept making on. She knew of honor, protection, respect, duty. She knew that she would never put someone else's life on the line. She just cound not say that for all the members of the team. When thngs all go down she gets accused of something she would never do. Lance finds that he's willing to stand by this woman and help her to prove her innocence. Along the way they find each other and something more to be greatful for.

We have some intense bad guys, jealous pricks, spies, and spoiliers. There was enough at the end to have me dislike Dix for more than just the obvious during the read. He was a grown ass man acting like a spoiled rotten child.

This was a good read.
839 reviews2 followers
April 11, 2018
If you are charmed by military action & adventures and plots this will keep you on your toes.

Ritt Knight call sign Lance is a U.S. Navy Seal with the responsibility to pull together 12 subject matter experts from all branches and a CIA analysts. So he is observing the recommended CIA operative before final decision. His gut tells him know way but he came highly recommended, so he observes and test on a mission. His deputy seems more qualified and more heart and driven and accountable for "the men under her watch". The fallout of the mission disastrous and create more intrigue. Through it all there is a budding romance but if the commander wants her to work for him business n pleasure shouldn't mix, right... lots of action, life & death, terrorists, and romance. Violence 2, sex2

More opinions and reviews please check out my blog: my2centsbookreviews.com
Profile Image for Nutnut1(Lornajean Ford).
986 reviews2 followers
January 23, 2018
I received this ARC for an honest review

Commander Ritt "Lance" Knight is sent to observe a possible addition to his team.
Whilst there he meets Riley Bray 2nd in command to the guy his Interested in.
Whilst observing his asset he finds himself drawn to the feisty red head Bray she seem smart loyal and intelligent. After an op she is oposed to goes wrong and she is thrown under the bus by the assets Ritt is observing. It is obvious the mission was compromised but by who?
Is he wrong about her? If not then who is leaking information to the enemy.
This is another awesome read you so will not be able to put this down

Profile Image for Teri.
3,919 reviews31 followers
January 23, 2018
Nothing and no one is what they seem in this CIA/Seals novella. OK we know it's all black ops and special stuff and this author does a great job of keeping the intrigue and action on high. Bray is full of piss and fire and passion for her job and her men. When everything she stands for is questioned she is happy that she has Lance on her side to make it right, if he can.

Great story but much too short. We need more of these two but I think I say that often with this author. She has a habit of creating characters you want to know more about and gobble up their story. She writes books that have passion and energy and feels.
Profile Image for Dmcl.
827 reviews13 followers
January 24, 2018
Ritt by Anne L. Parks is another action packed romance, second in The 13 series. It is a fast read set in the desert of Jordan and centers around a failed mission that reveals a plot from a burgeoning territotist group based in Russia. CIA analyst Riley and Navy SEAL commander Lance (Ritt) expose this plot while discovering that their admiration for one another is more than just professional. As usual, author Parks shows her great love of country and the men and women who serve to protect it by writing a novel that presents them in a real and compassionate way. Highly recommended.
I received a complimentary copy from the author.
Profile Image for Sandie Grise.
236 reviews5 followers
January 23, 2018
I received this book as an ARC and this is my HONEST review...

Holy Hotness! This is my first time reading a book by author Anne L Parks and it certainly won't be me last! I was riveted to the the story and quickly gobbled up the story page by page! It was AMAZING!!!

Riley Bray- what an astounding well written female lead character. She's a take no prisoners and no BS kind of woman...got to love her! Tom Dix (her boss), that man needs a good beat down. And we have Ritt, oh that man is mm'mm m'mm good!

Profile Image for Michelle.
578 reviews4 followers
January 29, 2018
Anne L Parks has done it again, another great read. RITT is in Jordan to observe Dix for possibly joining The 13. While there he meets Riley during an OPS meeting whether a mission should be a go or not. Dix sends the SEAL team on the mission even though Riley tries to get him to see something is wrong and to stop the mission. Upon arriving at the location all hell breaks loose. Now Riley with the help of Ritt tries to find the traitor among them. This is a quick read filled with action and suspense.

I received this ARC for an honest review.
Profile Image for Terra Oenning.
2,511 reviews
October 17, 2018
you are looking for a military suspense and romance book that will keep you on the edge of your seat than here is a book for you. Commander Ritt"Lance Knight " is looking for a new member for their team 13 when he meets Riley Bray and works along side her to see who is betraying them and giving away precious Intel. This book is absolutely so good and keeps flowing with the storyline and characters are well matched which is so good when they fall for each other. Absolutely love this book and it will keep you wanting more from this couple.
Profile Image for Rellim.
1,446 reviews24 followers
March 23, 2019
4.5 Stars. I really loathe insta-love and this is the second in a row for this series. However, I adore strong, intelligent, competent heroines and we definitely get that in Riley. Lance (it’s his call name and what is used in the entire book ~ so I’m not sure why the author went for Ritt as the title 🤷‍♀️) was a great character and appreciated Riley for more than just her physical attributes. The story was well paced, the action was perfect, and it contributes nicely to the overall arc of the series. I’m looking forward to the next one.
1,563 reviews2 followers
February 13, 2020
Ritt is in Jordan to see if Dix would be a good fix for their team. He is not impressed from the get go but is impressed with Riley. She knows what is going on and cares about the team.
When Dix refuses to pull the team even though he knows it is a set up, Lance knows for sure now. When they lose a man, Dix tries to set up Riley.
Lance works with Tex to find out who is behind the set up. Has Lance found the perfect person for their team?
879 reviews2 followers
January 24, 2018
Great characters and an intriguing action packed plot will keep you engrossed and wanting more at the end. Creative, edgy. and compelling,…it is a delight! This is my honest, voluntary review of an advanced reader copy of this book.
80 reviews
January 25, 2018
Loving this series

Can I say I loved this book. Its not only the Alpha male in this story. Its that kick ass female Riley. The book also has a mystery in it. Can you figure out who the bad guy is. You have to read it so see if your right.
January 27, 2018
A great book, a must read

Two people find love through this story. War, death and deception a long the way. You’ll recognise characters from the Stoker kindle family.
A great plot from start to end and it’s a You just have to read this one.
Profile Image for Tammy.
1,320 reviews6 followers
January 28, 2018
Holy what a ride this book takes u on, loved every minute of it. Riley is a strong fierce independent woman, knight is all alpha male seal. Together they make one fierce couple. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Profile Image for Ashley .
1,065 reviews2 followers
January 28, 2018
Great read by Parks! I loved the action and suspense of this novel as much as the romantic parts. I would definitely read more in this series to see how everything connects!

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Profile Image for Nancy Bodie.
1,125 reviews1 follower
February 1, 2018
Loved it!

What a well written story! It was action filled, fast paced for a quick read! This was a storyline that lets you experience a full range of emotions with these great characters!
Profile Image for Connie McElfresh.
259 reviews16 followers
February 4, 2018
Wow this book keeps you on the edge of your seat. This author has you going with so many elements of surprise. I can see this book as the beginning of a great series. I was gifted this book for a fair and honest review
143 reviews
March 23, 2018
Awesome

Rift and Riley are great together. This is a great start to the 13 series! I love how it starts with all the action and keeps you going thru the whole book. Now I can't wait to read the next one! Great author!
Profile Image for Vickey Mcgee.
748 reviews
March 23, 2018
Wow!

This is a very well written action packed story from the author. Cia analysis is being framed for a failed mission which cost a SEAL'S life. The terrorist organization is trying to take the embassy. SEALS to the rescue. Loved it! Anxious for the continuation.
October 3, 2018
Great continuance of the series!

We're learning about the team a little bit at a time, and getting to really know the characters. As the stories progress, we find out how they are interconnected in a web of events. Flaherty is the guy to watch closely.
Profile Image for Teresa.
642 reviews
March 8, 2019
Military themed romance

This was a good action and drama packed military romance. Riley, the female lead, was super cool. The books main SEAL, Ritt "Lance" Knight was such an awesome character too.... sexy alpha man with the right stuff to compliment Riley's assets.

482 reviews1 follower
February 10, 2018
Special Forces: Operation Alpha: Ritt

This book keeps you on the edge of your seat and the ending why. Now we need another one to find out how it ends.
Profile Image for Belinda .
903 reviews2 followers
March 22, 2018
Action packed fast-paced story that keeps you guessing and does not disappoint. It will make you hungry for more stories about "13" and what the future holds for Ritt and Riley.
240 reviews3 followers
October 2, 2018
RITT is another hit. This is the second book in The 13 series. This book has everything, suspense, drama, backstabbing bosses, and a HEA for Ritt and Riley
Profile Image for Sarah Justi.
383 reviews11 followers
October 3, 2018
Wow the thirteen! Riley is tough as nails, she would be a great addition if he was the for her. But how the outcome. Can't wait to see what happens next.
May 30, 2020
Chandra 's Review

I truly enjoyed reading this book it was intriguing romantic mysterious and loving! I would definitely recommend this book to read!🙌🙌😊😊
Displaying 1 - 30 of 42 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.