Start by marking “August Sunrise (The Silver Foxes of Westminster, #2)” as Want to Read:
August Sunrise (The Silver Foxes of Westminster, #2)

August Sunrise

(The Silver Foxes of Westminster #2)

Industrial heiress Marigold Bellowes knows that marriage is just another business transaction. She would, seeing as she's been pursued by greedy men who only want her father's fortune for years. But she's determined to take her fate into her own hands and not to be a prize in a merger. So when she meets rising star of Parliament Alexander Croydon, she sees a merger that wo ...more
Published April 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about August Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about August Sunrise

Cheryl
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I liked the main characters of Alex and Marigold and enjoyed the changing phases of their relationship. This story moved along at a good pace and had many elements to it. There were times of heartbreak, danger from known enemies, help from familiar friends and a delightful toddler who will bring a smile to your face. Alongside this was the political aims of the day. Now for the next book in the series.
Angel
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Marigold Bellowes is a dollar sign for those seeking her hand in marriage, and she's well aware of the motives of those hoping to claim her vows.  But she's not your everyday cookie searching for just being a wife.  She wants to matter, and she wants the power of standing behind a man of power.  Alex Croydon is a man of power pushing womens' rights.  He has some heartbreak and a little baggage. Attraction is instant, a mutual friend introduces them, encourages the union, and well, that was that. ...more
Lori D
I was so looking forward to this second book of the Silver Foxes of Westminster because book one was fantastic. Well I was not disappointed and again, Merry Farmer has written a moving character study of Alex and Marigold's story. Alex is of course the Silver Fox in this story as an older hero who has a place in Parliament and has been fighting for the rights of women. Marigold is the daughter of a wealthy man and has many suitors asking for her hand in marriage, mainly for the money. But she is ...more
Jeene Hobbs
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A series of unfortunate events for adults

A whirlwind courtship and a roller coaster ride of highs and lows dominate this second novel in the Silver Foxes of Westminster series. I did read book 1 and it’s associated novellas prior to reading this one. But it stands alone nicely. I haven’t read the West meets East series which preceded this series so some character references are lost on me.

I am definitely a fan of Merry Farmer. If you have read her historical western romances, you will not be di
EzliOak
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I so much enjoyed the book. At times it was funny, at times sad, I was never bored :) But the ending was so very disappointing for me :( There was no punishment for the doctor, the driver was never caught, the thief was never caught. I understand that the Silver Foxes series has one evil man who causes a lot of problems and is not done, but in my opinion somebody had to be punished after the consequences of the accident.
The couple had HEA, but as reader I felt cheated with the hurt/comfort aspec
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
August Sunrise (The Silver Foxes of Westminster Book 2)

The love story of Marigold and Alexander. Marigold has turn down many proposal of marry because she thought the man wan to marry her because of her father's money. Marigold and Alex met in the halls of Parliament. He dismiss her because of who she is but when he found out that Marigold is interested in the right of women, he take another look at her. They marry and now someone is try to kill him. Will he be kill or will love win out? Great l
Bobbie Sue
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marigold and Alex

Marigolds and Alex are combustible from the start. They marry soon after meeting but it's not what either expects. An amazing heart wrenching story. Heartache brings them closer together and they form an united front to save their son. Well written, energetic book. Not a dull spot in the story. I cried, laughed and grew to love this couple. This series is a hit.
I really hope to see Lord Shayles and Turpin get what they deserve soon.
Bridget Lewis
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot in August

A whirlwind romance and an lusty infatuation gives way to intrigue secrets, carriage accidents shots, brothels of the absolute worse sort! Not to mention kidnapping and a diabolical politicians! This story is a page Turner with non stop action! Marigold is not sure of her life as wife to a powerful politician! Alex thinks he has a fertile wife but life can throw you a curve! Loved this!!
Betty Sotherland
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
So many twists and turns.

Although I enjoyed the book, I was a little disappointed in how it ended. The feeling of justice served was not there for me. I do know,however, in politics its not always justice that is served, but the leaders taking advantage of every opportunity to get what they can while the can.
JackEllena
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable romance.

I liked the characters very much.evil is what it is and there is enough to go around. However love makes the struggle worth while. I enjoyed this story very much and recommend it to anyone who likes romantic books. Thank you, Jack.
Colleen
Every now and then I succumb to the lure of reading historical romance. Not a big fan of said, I did think this one was well written with a good storyline. Not sure if I will continue with the Winterberry Park series.

Cheers
Jessie Mckissick
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book

Marigold and Alex sizzle from the moment they meet. Though it's one tragedy after another, they learn that love doesn't happen in three weeks. You get to know each other and beautiful love will come, even through tragedy and heartache.
Dee Jay
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting that given the situation after the accident, Marigold feels that her life is worth nothing. Women’s feelings haven’t changed in the century following.
Hoping to see that the prognosis is wrong in a following book.
Bonnie
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply the best...

A very awesome and Adventurous read!! Love the guessing and the hot level!! Just enough spice to make it worth your wild to read !! Keep writing more for this series !! Cannot wait to see what you having coming next !! Simply Amazing!!!!
Penny Albee
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful addition to the series!

August Sunrise is a wonderful follow up to the Silver Foxes series! It's one of those books you just can't put down until the last page is turned! Eagerly awaiting more of this series from a very talented author!
Carrie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Head strong love!

I love Merry Framer books in general and this is just another one of her great works. I enjoyed Alex and Marigolds love story of how they both being complex individuals with agendas make Love grow! Quick read! Can't wait until the next in the series.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Merry Farmer has created a fabulous addition to her Silver Fox series!

Read full review in the 2018 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Phylis
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-regency
August Sunrise book 2 The Silver Foxes of Westminster by Merry Farmer. Thoroughly enjoyed this witty, romantic, electrifying read. The pace of this book was fantastic and the adventure grabbed my attention from the start. My free opinion ARC Thanks.
Izzie d
A good story.
Cindy
One of the main things I like about this series is that not only are the male lead characters older, the lead females are also older. Not old old, but into spinster/on the shelf ages. They aren't flighty 18 year olds being matched by their parents to creepy old men old enough to be their grandfathers. They are women who, in the modern day, would be independent women.
Sharon
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Alex and Marigold /for womans rights
I enjoyed this captivating somewhat political story. This story has a satisfying and complete HEA.
Damaskcat
Jul 21, 2018
jean hazen
Sep 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Merry Farmer is a bestselling, award-winning novelist who lives in suburban Philadelphia with her two cats, Torpedo, her grumpy old man, and Justine, the new, feisty baby. She has been writing since she was ten years old and realized one day that she didn't have to wait for the teacher to assign a creative writing project to write something. It was the best day of her life. She then went on to ear ...more

The Silver Foxes of Westminster (7 books)
  • December Heart (The Silver Foxes of Westminster, #1)
  • May Mistakes (The Silver Foxes of Westminster Book 3)
  • September Awakening (The Silver Foxes of Westminster Book 4)
  • April Seduction (The Silver Foxes of Westminster Book 5)
  • October Revenge (The Silver Foxes of Westminster Book 6)
  • June Forever (The Silver Foxes of Westminster Book 7)