Start by marking “Exile of the Seas (The Chronicles of Dasnaria #2)” as Want to Read:
Exile of the Seas (The Chronicles of Dasnaria #2)

Exile of the Seas

(The Chronicles of Dasnaria #2)

Around the shifting borders of the Twelve Kingdoms, trade and conflict, danger and adventure put every traveler on guard . . . but some have everything to lose.

ESCAPED
Once she was known as Jenna, Imperial Princess of Dasnaria, schooled in graceful dance and comely submission. Until the man her parents married her off to almost killed her with his brutality.

Now, all she k
Published September 4th 2018 by Rebel Base Books

To ask other readers questions about Exile of the Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exile of the Seas

Douglas Meeks
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When we left Jenna, Imperial Princess of Dasnaria at the end of Prisoner of the Crown she had made her escape and had no idea of the future since she pretty much did not know anything about anything (women being purposely left ignorant of most things not concerned with marriage in Dasnaria).

In my review of Prisoner of the Crown I said "we seriously need Mr. Miyagi to help her" and guess what , we got one who teaches her the basics of how to fight and be someone more than herself and sets her on
Marta Cox
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
The second book in Jenna’s journey sees her learning to leave behind the naive, trusting girl she was and learning to embrace her own power. A chance meeting with Kaja, a warrior priestess sees Jenna realising just how little she really knows about the world outside barred walls and indeed just how she will struggle to ever fit in. If honest at times she is pitiful but that’s essential to the story as Jenna has to discover her own strengths and how to harness all that she can be.
Jenna’s travels
Blodeuedd Finland
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
To be honest, from this titles I expected more sea time and maybe pirates, I mean sea is in the title too.

Anyway, Jenna is fleeing her evil husband and she knows she needs to learn tot take care of herself. Not easy for a woman who do not know what money is, or anything else.

She meets a friend (ohh name dropping, nice!).

And moves further and further away. She learns to fight, and I am certain she will learn to love again too. Gosh, I sure hope so!

But, it is a novella, and I do feel like book 1 a
Jen Davis
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I tackled the first installment of this trilogy, I wasn’t entirely sure how I felt about it. All of the other books I’d read from Jeffe Kennedy were fantasy romance and Prisoner of the Crown was… not. It chronicled the Princess Jenna’s early life and descent into an hellacious marriage to a sadist who reveled in abusing her. Then it followed her as she made her escape and sailed away from the only life she ever knew. It was the first act of her story and it was very difficult to read.

This s
Melanie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, 4-5-stars, z-2018
Review originally posted at BooksOfMyHeart.net.

In this second book in the The Chronicles of Dasnaria series by Jeffe Kennedy, we continue on the journey of Princess Jenna who is hiding from her abusive husband, which takes her out of the only land she’s ever know, Dasnaria.

This book picks up right where the first book, Prisoner of the Crown, ends. Jenna is aboard Valeria. This is the first time she’s really alone. So far, on her trip, she’s at least had her brother, Harlan. But he staye
Julie Fine
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored the first in this series, and may have even loved this one more. The storytelling is lush and vivid, some parts, particularly the peeks into Jenna's psyche, so beautiful and raw, they make your heart hurt. I love the world building, the introduction of new characters and new locations that do so much to help Jenna find and channel the strength within herself. I can't wait for book 3!!
Alison
Three and a half stars.

I haven't read the first book in this new series which may be the reason I didn't feel connected to this story. Okay, I have no looked up the first book and it was clearly all about Jenna and her husband - I would recommend reading that one first because I definitely felt that I was missing a lot of the story.

We first meet Princess Jenna of Dasnaria on board a ship, she has run away from her abusive husband and is fleeing her homeland. Having been brought up in a seraglio
Visionary Druid
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jenna, former Imperial Princess of Dasnaria, has escaped her cold homeland and abusive husband. She encounters a warrior woman on board her ship, who offers to teach her how to fight and survive. Jenna sheds her old identity and adopts a new one. She travels to a far off land under the guise of Danu’s fighter-priestesses. Eventually, Jenna’s past catches up with her. What sacrifices will Jenna make to maintain her hard-won freedom?

Jenna has come a long way since the first book. Of course, she fe
LowBrowReader
Reading this book was like immersing myself into a bubble bath of beautiful prose, roiling emotions, and immaculate world-building. It is a slow tale of self-discovery and growth, no overnight character transformations or special snowflakes here. Just a young woman who has pretty much been stripped of any identity she once might have had and thrown into a world utterly foreign and baffling to her. With freedom. And choices. And decisions. And basic rights.
She hasn't got a clue what to make of i
Timitra
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Exile Of The Seas pretty much picked up where the first book ended and it's a mix of things I'd hoped would happen and others that I didn't see coming. I loved that Jenna came into her own more or less in this book, shedding her naive skin and growing a fiercer, warrior-like covering. I cannot wait to see what book three brings, there are a few things I hope happen one of them is that Jenna becomes more confident in herself and her abilities. I definitely recommend this series.

ARC provided by pu
Jessica Belmont
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Picking up where we left off in Prisoner of the Crown, Jenna faces a new set of challenge after her escape. Planning her future and learning how to live it.

She slowly begins learning to become a warrior. While constantly watching her back, in fear her husband will find her, she learns just what she actually has in side.

I liked this book slightly more than the first, because there is more character growth and redemption. It felt less heavy, and more uplifting. I’m looking forward to the next nove
Mei
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Review to come...
Courtney
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series Continues

The second in this series continues the exploits of Princess Jenna as she transforms from naive princess to warrior of Danu. Good storyline, appealing characters (of both human and pachyderm variety) and a HEA that is not exactly a HEA since book #3 arrives in January. Can’t wait.
Bambi Unbridled
Exile of the Seas is the second installment of the Chronicles of Dasnaria series, featuring our lost princess, Jenna, the Imperial Princess of Dasnaria, and runaway wife of Rodolf, the vile and sadistic lord with eyes to the throne. The first book, Prisoner of the Crown, was a good, but heartwrenching read. But Jeffe really hit it out of the park with this second installment, I was totally captivated by Jenna's journey. So much so, that I found myself stretching this read out because I didn't wa ...more
Melliane
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I really enjoyed the first volume and I was curious to discover what happened to Jenna after so many events! But now, even if she managed to escape, the problems do not stop there and even far from it.

Discovering a culture that is not hers, Jenna will befriend a priestess who will help her escape her husband. This is how she will discover new lands, things she did not think she would see one day, and the animals she craved to discover one. So many new things
Marlene
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Exile of the Seas is a middle book that absolutely does not have even a trace of middle-book syndrome. And that’s marvelous.

The Chronicles of Dasnaria are a prequel/sidequel to the author’s absolutely awesomesauce Twelve Kingdoms series. As a prequel it is not required to have read the Twelve Kingdoms before beginning this series As the Chronicles of Dasnaria have continued we have met some of the characters who will be major players in the Twelve Kingdoms,
Minerva Spencer
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've been saving this book as a treat for finishing a difficult project. So when I cracked it open I was ready to gorge-- and I did. This book was very difficult to put down,so budget some time and find a quiet place to hole up.

I LOVED it. There was some discussion about whether this was better than the first, Prisoner of the Crown. I really feel like there is no point in comparing them because they are so different.. This is along the lines of a classic quest fantasy, but it is a quest for self
TheDigressiveApproach
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
---
I have not read the first book in this series. The blurb of this book seemed very interesting and the contents lived up to it.

Jenna has escaped from her vile husband and is trying to discover herself while living under the shadow of his pursuit.

Despite the confusion at some parts due to not having read the first book, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The worldbuilding was very well done and the r
Runa
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stacy
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Chronicles of Dasnaria series continues to be character driven with EXILE OF THE SEAS.

I loved the addition of a few new big characters in EXILE OF THE SEAS. Kaja was a big part of the story although she wasn't really present for a majority of it. Her influence and belief in Jenna set Jenna on a course that not only changed her future, but made her so much stronger than she was before and allowed her to really expand as a character. Ochieng kinda snuck up on my heart. I didn't think much of h
Nicole
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher for an honest review. Thank you!
This novel was a good read. The story is told by Jenna, also known as Ivariel. Jenna was treated cruelly by her husband and she escaped. This is her tale of coming to terms with her escape, meeting of new people, and rediscovering herself. She meets a woman who helps her to use her dancing as a weapon. Jenna has many fears, but throughout the novel she begins to tackle them until she comes to the one who hurt
AlwaysV
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Now I could take a deep breath and feel optimistic and hopeful for Former Imperial Princess Jenna. Her first book hurt my heart beyond words. Now she was in exile, leaving her former submissive self behind. No longer existing to obey, to dance to please, to be just an ignorant ornament, to be abused, used, debased, chained, and gagged. She was learning to be someone, who understood freedom. To leave her past behind, to look ahead to the future .

I loved how magical this story was. To surviv
Mary
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was Jenna's journey to escape from her frankly terrible past. She is so ignorant in the beginning that it is kind of sweet? It was clear she was ignorant in the first book, but since she didn't actually get out of the seraglio that much, it wasn't as evident as it is when she gets on a boat and tries to escape.

It's Jeffe Kennedy though, so you know there's a woman on board who is ready to help her. (Spoiler: (view spoiler)
Cat C
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this in a Goodreads giveaway and it has not affected my review.

This was a fine fantasy adventure, but it had a completely different story arc than the other stories in the world of the Twelve Kingdoms (etc) and that really interfered with my expectations, so I was never able to get into it.

I've read a number of Twelve Kingdoms and other related books, and they were all fantasy books with a romantic arc. This book, however, is a finding-yourself, almost coming-of-age arc, wit
Holly
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at ragdollreads.co.uk

Ragdoll Rating: 4/5 Buttons

Recommended For: Fans of fantasy romance

About the Book

Princess Jenna has escaped from the clutches of her abusive and evil husband and headed across the seas aboard the Valeria. On the journey she meets a warrior priestess called Kaja who helps her conceal her identity and make her own way in the world. But her husband and his goons are never far enough behind.

This book is equal parts fantasy adventure and romance novel.

Trigger W
Sophie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I hesitated before reading this book because I didn't like that much book 1, but I'm glad I did because Exile of the Seas was way better than Prisoner of the Crown. I loved seeing Jenna becoming more and more confident in herself, growing and all. And I'm lucky I did since it was such a big part of the book. She is on a journey to leave Dasnaria behind physically, but also mentally. Watching her grow stronger was my favorite part. But it was really a BIG part of the book, I feel like nothing muc ...more
Pilar Seacord
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fell in love with this story. It had a nice way of flowing. Princess Jenna escapes her situation with help. Aboard a ship she meets Kaja who helps her out with joining the Order Of Danu becoming Priestess Ivariel. When she boards another ship she meets Ochieng . Oddly they develop a friendship of sorts. When they leave the ship Ivariel joins a caravan heading towards Ochieng's home. Great chemistry between these two. I also like that after all Princess Jenna went through she did not jump into be ...more
Peter Carlstrom
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was magical

Absolutely breathtaking writing evoking film like visage of the scenery, taking the reader deep into the story of pain, hate, healing and redemption. The elephants are described so thoughtfully and bring a lot to the story - tenderness, wisdom, humor all backed by power and strength. Our heroine developed some major guts and some awesome moves! I can’t wait for the next installment.
Melissa VerSchneider
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I truly have enjoyed this series so far. In this book we start with Jenna just escaping an abusive marriage and understandably so she has a hard time trusting people. Without giving too much away along her journey she meets people and has to learn to open up and understand that she is deserving of happiness. I teared up at certain points in the book because you can't help but relate to Jenna and what she's gone through. Excellent book!

I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads.
Jo Oehrlein
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this more than book #1 because it's not as dark and sadistic.

Yes, life is not rosy. She has to learn to take care of herself and fight and people are still chasing her.

I like how dance translates to fighting, but that she has to keep practicing and learning. Even with that leg up, she still has to work hard.

I'm glad she finally got to see elephants and I love how she found them scary and amazing all at the same time.

• Amid the Winter Snow
  • First Full Moon
  • Wayline
  • The Soul Trapper (Superpowers Romance #3)
  • Tamisan (Tamisan Book 1)
  • The Trace (Whitewashed, #1)
  • Feeling Groovy: How Sensitive People Find Meaning, the Confidence to Express Themselves and Create Fulfilling Lives
  • Daughter of the Zel (Daughter of the Zel, #1)
  • Keep Away From GRAS: Generally Recognized As Safe
  • Daughter of Kali: Awakening
  • Chronicles of the Roc Rider
  • The Protectors
  • Daughter of the Sun (The Solara Trilogy Book 1)
  • Redstone (The Ammolite Adventures #2)
  • Eve of Snows (Sundering the Gods, #1).
  • The Magic Flute
  • Brain Safari: 5-Minute Experiments to Explore the Space Between Your Ears
  • Chausiku The Blood of the Clans Book Three
I also write books under the name Jennifer Paris.

Represented by Sarah Younger at Nancy Yost Literary Agency.

The Chronicles of Dasnaria (3 books)
  • Prisoner of the Crown (The Chronicles of Dasnaria #1)
  • Warrior of the World (Chronicles of Dasnaria, #3)