Start by marking “Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)” as Want to Read:
Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)

Some Like It Wild

(Kincaid Highland #2)

It was to be her greatest masquerade . . .

Pamela Darby needs a man—preferably a Highland brute with more brawn than brains. Determined to save her sister from selling her virtue, the resourceful beauty requires a strapping specimen to pose as a duke's long-lost heir. Pamela plans to collect the generous reward, then send him on his way. Lucky for the brazen beauty, the
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 31st 2009 by Avon (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Some Like It Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Like It Wild

Start your review of Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
Juliana Philippa
A good read with an absolutely delightful hero and a strong, likable heroine - has some small plot problems (3.5 stars)

I definitely enjoyed this book and would recommend it to historical romance-lovers, though I did have some problems with parts of the plot and mystery subplot which seemed especially contrived. However, the relationship between Pamela and Connor is great to read and Connor is an *absolutely delicious* hero that I don't see how any woman could not adore!

Summary:
After their famous
Lover of Romance
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated
Summary
Pamela Darby needs a man to take on a role in a most deceptive masquerade. Pamela and her sister are in dire straits. After their mother was murdered in a fire, they were left destitute. If they don't find a way to get money soon, then her sister will be forced to sell her virtue away. Which Pamela refuses to let happen. On their way in a carriage, they get stopped by a highwayman. Through a series of events Pamela and the
Katie(babs)
Apr 30, 2009 rated it did not like it
It has been awhile since I have read a Teresa Medeiros book. I had some trepidation when I picked up Some Like It Wild because I am not a big fan of Scottish historical romances. It seems that every single Scottish historical romance has become very cookie cutter. Unfortunately so is the case with Teresa Medeiros who has fallen into this category with Some Like It Wild.

The year is 1814 and the place is the Scottish Highlands. The setting is so very important since this is a Scottish historical
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Another great Kincaid story! Acting the part of a Duke's long lost son with a randy and ill-mannered valet, engaged to a penniless girl with a snotty maid, and believing his life is one way and then discovering a secret makes this a delightful entry to the Kincaids tales. Pamela is a great match for Connor with their off the charts passion and love. Brodie cracks me up, and Sophie is too young and selfish for me to find her anything but annoying. Astrid deserved worse than Bedlam, but that is ...more
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pamela Darby needs to find a man, a man to impersonate a long lost ducal heir to help her uncover the murder of her mother. She finds just the man in Connor Kincaid when he tries to rob the carriage Pamela and her sister are traveling in. Pamela finds a little more than she bargained for with the witty whims of Connor as he takes on the role of heir.

I liked the bantering and silly antics between Pamela and Conner. They were a perfect match for one another in their wits and schemes. The story
Cheryl
Loved this book... Teresa Medeiros is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. This book had some surprising twists to it that I wasn't expecting and I thought it wrapped up the Kincaid Highlander series very nicely! I'm assuming there won't be any more additions to this series, although I'd love to read a book about Crispin and Sophie, so I'll keep my fingers crossed about that one! Can't wait to read some more books by this very talented and witty author! :)
Miranda Davis
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-4-stars
Having read and loved Yours Until Dawn, I glommed onto this book and plunged in. The illegitimate daughters of an actress are on their way to find a suitable impostor to play the role of long lost ducal heir. They hope to swindle the reward from the aging duke and discover who murdered their mother over a letter she received that holds a clue to the heir's whereabouts. While the world is searching for the lost heir in France, this letter, sent to their mother from her dear friend the duchess, ...more
Jessica Grogan
Aug 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Meh. Three days into it and I hadn't even reached page 100. Lots of cliches.
Pj Ausdenmore
Jan 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
1814 - The Scottish Highlands

Pamela Darby can’t remember a time when she wasn’t the practical, responsible person that her family always turned to in times of crisis. As the moderately attractive firstborn child of the beautiful and adored London actress, Marianne Darby, clever and intelligent Pamela has always looked after both her pampered mother and her gorgeous younger sister, Sophie. When Marianne dies in a theater fire, leaving them penniless and young Sophie at the mercy of a married
Regan Walker
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 and 1/2 Stars - Captivating Regency with a Highland Twist

Set in 1814, it begins in the Highlands and later moves to the outskirts of London. It tells the story of orphans Pamela Darby and her half sister Sophie. Their mother, a famous actress, was killed in a suspicious fire that Pamela thinks is tied into her mother's friendship with the Duchess of Warrick.

When the Duchess, now dead, ran away from her unfaithful husband, she took her baby son and started a new life in Scotland while laying a
Megan
Mar 31, 2009 rated it liked it
This book 2 in Ms. Medeiros Kincaid Highlander books, coming after Some Like it Wicked. This book is about the brother of the heroine from Some Like it Wicked. I enjoyed this book very much. It was a fast and fun read. However, I felt like I had read the end before (now, I know it’s not possible since it’s the first time I read this book, but, near the end when certain things are revealed at the party/dance that the Duke holds for the hero felt like déjà vu to me – probably very similar to ...more
Michelle K
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, 2010-read
Excellent little series! I liked that book 1 Some Like It Wicked did have a different theme than Some Like it Wild.
I felt Some Like it Wild had much more angst. I knew what was coming because of the cliffhanger ending in Some Like It Wicked and I was anticipating/dreading it.

Great characters. I loved Connor. I was drooling picturing him all done up in his Highland garb when he was at the Duke's mansion. Pamela Darby was an excellent smart heroin. I loved her little plan with Connor and the
Ally72
Apr 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Teresa Medeiros continues to be one of my favorite authors! This book did not disappoint me and I found myself smiling at different parts of the story (as I normally do with her books). She always has the ability to create heroes and heroines that are independent, loyal, and likable (she usually has a cute and sometimes mischievous kitty written in too). Connor and Pamela have a lot of witty banter in "Some Like It Wild" and it made for a fun book. I appreciated how they were loyal to their ...more
LaFleurBleue
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was rather a miss for me. I did not like much the hero, whom I did not manage to understand, nor the heroine, who seemed like plenty others I had previously read about - taking care of the family including the parent, feeling totally on the shelf and caring only about the future of her sibling. The sister only seemed selfish. The plot was too much. And finally I thought both the humour and the sensual attraction between the characters were off and seemed artificial and not consistent.
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Bettie
This ended in such sweet charming way I loved these 2, they light up everypage and their chemistry was funny and full of fun interaction, i really enjoyed everypage, I didn't want it to end, Conner is my hero!
Kathie (katmom)
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As much as I've loved Teresa Medeiros other stories...this hero is my second favorite. Connor, in the sequel SOME LIKE IT WICKED, is my favorite.

BUT...Simon...whew.
Amy
3.5 Stars. Plot problems aside, Some Like it Wild was extremely entertaining.
Connor's history is extremely moving (view spoiler)
Megan Young
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! When I read any historical fiction, I really want great descriptions of the wardrobes, realistic dialogue, and witty humor. This book had all three! Though the plot wasn’t driven by much conflict, I kept reading because I wanted to learn more about the characters and their—ahem—exploits. ...more
Jodotha
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know how she does it, but Teresa Medeiros manages to write completely classic, trope-inspired romance, without being redundant. There were plenty of times I didn't actually know what was going to happen ahead of time. Maybe a little purple prose here and there, but who cares? Fun plot, and I loved the characters - all of them!
May Grider
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed reading the first book in the series, but somehow this second one left me quite flat. I could only get to chapter 10 before being seized with impatience and irritation at the writing style. Guess I simply wasn't as invested in the characters.
Darlene
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book, great fun to read the romance unfold. Many parts had me laughing and smiling. I enjoyed the humor and wit of the hero and heroine in this book.
Vickie
It may be because I just finished an amazing book by one of my favorite authors but this was only okay. I did fast forward to the get to the end.
Vicki
Super cute. With its cheerful adherence to well-worn conventions, alongside fun and relatively memorable characters, it felt like an old favorite even though I've not read it before.
Carolyn
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read-shelf
My third book by this author in as many days and I am happy to say that even though I wasn't expecting to love this as much as its prequel, I was happy to be proven wrong :D
Maria
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The quick wit of both Pamela and Connor was fantastic and I'm sorry that it was over quicker than I anticipated.
Kbee
Audible Romance Package

AUDIOBOOK: Read April 3
10hrs 5min

Narrator: Charlotte Parry does a pretty good job.
It was a bit long and funny at times. Though predictable it was good.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Adria's Musings and Reviews
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

So, Pamela Darby needs money, power and the influence of a title in order to save her sister Sophie from having to sell herself to titled man. In order to save her sister though, Pamela also needs a man. Not just any man though, a Scottish man with more muscles than brains to pull off an elaborate con: Convince an aging duke that the man by her side is his long lost heir.

Highwayman Connor Kincaid is shocked when Pamela stops his plans to rob their
Letschat1974
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Stars 3/4 (Kate Pearce, Maureen Driscoll, Elisa Braden)

Hey fellow readers I don’t summarize the books (as there are always great full summaries written that I read myself).

I only give it my personal, general, summary of 5 stars to 1 star.

3 stars: This book is worth a read but didn’t really have me excited about interacting with the book where I could not put it down. It lacks the excitement and well roundness of my personal markers for a great read throughout the book.

Development and interest
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Novel Boo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. SOLVED- Book With Poor Heroine and Highway Man Hero 8 41 Feb 24, 2015 08:17PM

• Sins of a Wicked Duke (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #1)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • To Marry an Heiress (Daughters of Fortune, #2)
  • Twice Tempted by a Rogue  (Stud Club, #2)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • 'Twas the Night after Christmas (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #6; The Duke's Men, #0.5)
  • Never Seduce a Scoundrel (School for Heiresses, #1)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • Wedding of the Season (Abandoned at the Altar, #1)
  • The Marriage Bed (Guilty, #3)
  • Rogues Rush In
  • Scandalous Innocent (Mills And Boon Single Titles)
  • Scandal of the Year (Abandoned at the Altar, #2)
  • Splendid (The Splendid Trilogy, #1)
  • How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1)
  • It's Getting Scot in Here (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #1)
  • A Lady of Persuasion (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #3)
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and

Kincaid Highland (2 books)
  • Some Like It Wicked (Kincaid Highland, #1)