Start by marking “Miss Match” as Want to Read:
Miss Match

Miss Match

Want to snag that certain someone? You need Miss Match!

Sasha Finnegan has always had a knack for setting people up, and at sixteen, she's turned her talent into an online business, molding high school crushes into true love. But Sasha finds her toughest match yet when hottie Derek Urban asks her to set him up with Sasha's gorgeous sister, Maddie. It's not that Derek isn't
Published February 10th 2009 by Simon Pulse (first published January 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Match

Start your review of Miss Match
Laurence R.
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: scribd
This is a really cute book! I was disappointed by the end, but it was still a good story.
Sara ♥
Oct 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a REALLY cute book... It took place in Salt Lake City, Utah, but the main character is DEFINITELY not a Mormon... But that's okay. SLC is only like 50% Mormon, after all. But that's beside the point. The book was really cute.

Well, one more... As a Texan, I was a BIT disturbed by the stereotypical Texan boy that moves into town... holy COW... The kid's got a horse and boots and a cowboy hat and has a Texan accent... But he IS from Paris, Texas, which looks ABOUT as big as the town my in
Natalie
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it

This got a bit cheesy, but was still really cute and enjoyable. Sasha had quite a bit of spunk and the book had quite a few funny moments.
Stephanie
Mar 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
One of the cutest book I have ever read. The Simon Romantic Comedies are always very interesting and are a joy to read and Miss Match was no exception.

What I enjoyed about Miss Match was the fun plot and the spunky character, Sasha. Though the plot was pretty typical and kind of cliche, the way Wendy portrayed the whole story was different and fun.

Sasha was extremely spunky. I loved her methods on "matchmaking" others and most of the time, I was cracking up with tears in my eyes. I loved that o
Valerie
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
Umm, it was pretty good. I like the writing style but I had some problems with some charters. Derek didn't really strike me as a guy who needed Miss Match to get a date. He comes up will better ideas than Sasha did. On the other hand, Kevin really needed some help but didn't go to Miss Match. The whole idea of students paying for help getting with their crush just didn't fly with me. I guess I can't see it. I am a teacher and I just can't see any of my students paying for that kind of help.

There
Rose
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Rose by: Noak
I guess that's the problem when you say to a friend you're in the mood for "some romantic, comedy novel."
I found this book too childish, a lot expected and somehow not very original. (Although, to be honest, its plot was original.) I'm guess I've grown out of these cute books. Need to find some series stuff!
Sabina
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I laughed out loud through the whole book! The main character Sasha is all of us, full of insecurities and not sure of her natural beauty and wit. But there's also Derek who is totally swoon worthy boyfriend material who seems to be interested in Sasha's sister Maddie. Through the laugh out loud dialogues and situations (the fountain contest at the shopping mall is the best!) you won't feel the time flying past. I really loved this book. I highly recommend it to all Louise Rennison and Holly Sma ...more
Stacey Elder
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jianna Davis
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was seriously adorable, just like all the others in The Romantic Comedies series. I loved Sasha, and her talent for match making. The only thing that I would have changed was the issues between her and her father. I would have liked to see them resolved, but that’s just me and my need for closure!
Shelby
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
So cheesy but so cute!!!
Lauren
Mar 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Miss Match is definitely one of my favorite Simon Romantic Comedies out of the ones I've read so far, if not my absolute favorite. I mean, it was such a cute and funny teen romance read, one that I truly couldn't put down even for even a second once I began. Sure, it's not the most unique read out there, but it was cute and just the read I needed after several darker books I had read prior.

Sasha has always been known as the girl to go to when you need help getting together with your current cru
moviebunny
Feb 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
from my blog: http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/

Sasha has an innate skill for matchmaking; she’s so good at it, she’s turned it into an after-school (and during school) business. And everything is fantastic…until the guy Sasha likes, wants her to help get a date with her sister…you see where this is going?

First of all, super-fun! Sasha wasn’t the over-the-top crazy-antics type of girl; she was the hopeless romantic who loves to help people connect with each other. She was cute and funny, but also sel
Mel (Reviews In A Pinch)
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Sometimes you just want to read something fun that doesn’t require a lot of complicated thinking. Sometimes you just wanted to zip through a book, or maybe not. I love having the “chick lit” books on my shelf as an option for the quick and easy read. You need to mix it up every once in a while.

Sasha was an interesting character or rather her money-making hobby was interesting. I don’t remember being boy-crazy in high school and it wasn’t so long ago that I might be remembering things incorrectly
Reggie
Aug 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Another cute read from the Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies! Yay!

This book is FULL ON light entertainment. Miss Match is bright and comical. I thought that Toliver did great on making all of the characters witty and realistic. I loved Sasha's character because she was a character that teenagers would be able to relate to. Surprisingly, I also liked Sasha's sister, Maddie. I thought that she was just going to be the cliché cheerleader type, but she was down-to-earth and had her own problems to deal
Ashley Romine
Ashley Romine
“Miss Match” by Wendy Toliver
Ridiculous, predicable, and unoriginal would be a few words I would use to describe this book. I knew how this book was going to end, the moment I read the first chapter. Wendy Toliver’s “Miss Match” was the most predicable cliché I ever read.
“Miss Match” was supposed to be a romantic comedy, but in return just made me ashamed to be a fifteen year old girl. I’m sure Ms. Toliver meant well while writing this book, but it is definitely not my cup of tea
Katies_Faves
Mar 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult-lit
Ha! This book made me laugh. I felt I could relate as I didn't go to all the dances in high school and although I didn't totally care about it - I still did a bit. :) This was a cute YA book that told the story of a girl who was so great at matching people up and she turned it into a job (so she could actually get a car and not have to ride a scooter in the snow). I thought her antics to get people to like one another was humorous. Although this story has been told before - girl needs to set up ...more
Kristi
Mar 24, 2009 rated it liked it
What a cute book! I’d never read a Simon Romantic Comedy. And I’m not really sure why, because I love a good Romantic Comedy! Miss Match maybe just be the start of something....

The characters were fun. Sasha's character was portrayed very realistically. I couldn’t think of a better leading man than Derek and I even liked Sasha’s sister Maddie, who I initially thought I would hate since she was the perfect cheerleader type.

The relationships between the characters, while it may have been typic
Karen
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Miss Match dips into Jane Austen territory by being a very faint echo of "Emma".

The book isn't bad -- It is cute, and funny, and entertaining. There is no true villain, and the conflict is pretty muted. My impression after reading the book was "facile". Everything falls into place very easily, and it is very easy to read. This book just slides down like Haagen Dazs left out in the sun on a very hot day (not that I know anything about that).

The only part of the book that left a sour taste was M
Jennifer Wardrip
Mar 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

When Sasha hits her neighbor's car, she begs her elderly neighbor to keep it a secret from her parents. She works out a payment plan and then must find a job. Her BFF suggests that she become a matchmaker.

Now she undertakes the hardest job of all, when her sister catches a new student's eye. Can she fix him up with her sister? As she tries to work her magic and spends more time with Derek, she finds out that he's the perfect match - for her.

Can s
Donna
Sep 13, 2009 rated it liked it
This is an example of light reading. I would have enjoyed it more if the research had been done a little better. There were some voice issues with the main character and a few just plain mistakes when it comes to places they went and things that happened. The idea of referencing actual restaurants and places is always fun, but the errors drew my attention away from the characters in a few annoying places. I liked the book overall and the ending is cute. I would suggest it to young girls who are ...more
Vivian
May 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Aww. What a cute book.

I have to admit, I don't read these kind of books often anymore(pure chic-lit). Many in the Simon Romantic Comedies, I find boring. You know, been there, done that. There may be only two or three SRC (Simon Romantic Comedies) books that caught my attention throughout. I'm proud to say that Miss Match is one of them. It was suuuper super cute and corny as well (in fact, if you caught me reading, you would see a goofy grinning dork laying on the couch, eyes glued to a book).
Saymon
Dec 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a real suitable book for girls my age. It was kind of confusing in the beginning but after you get through few pages you are good to go. I love the characters in the book, they were all very interesting and easy to follow along. I really liked the ending because the most unexpected thing happened so It was very shocking in a good way. I think that the mother made a good decision by starting to date other people so now the whole family is happy and no one is left out. I recommend this bo ...more
Vanessa Chen
Aug 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011-2012
I picked out this book because it was part of the Simon Romantic Comedy series. This book is about a girl, Sasha, who is responsible for setting up her sister with a new student in her school. The plot was interesting because Sasha could help but start to fall for the person she is setting her sister up with. This book was also interesting in that the author used a teenage's language to connect to theplot. What I mean is that the author uses a language that normal teenages use nowadays and I fin ...more
Amanda
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
this is one of my favorite of the Simon pulse romantic comedies. Sasha is the every girl making it really easy to connect to her although she was a little spoiled at points, while Derek is the quintessential Prince charming just waiting to sweep a girl off her feet. the tale of a matchmaker who falls in love is wonderful as it allows the book to be filled to the brim with overly cheesy romantic moments (most of which were meticulously planned out before hand) without quite seeming fake and force ...more
°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・
Kate H
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies are always a fun read. These books are not necessarily the best written novels but the stories are always fun and you know you will get a happy ending. I think some adult romances could take a note from these books b/c they are characterized well which is much of the battle in writing any novel since you want your characters, for the most part, to be endearing and relatable.
Kate
I liked that it was mostly clean (just a few swear words here and there, even though it is based in Utah, they aren't LDS, which makes me laugh), and had it hilarious parts. It was a fun book to lose myself in, and took me only about four hours to read. Just a fun fluffy romance teen novel to read on a lazy summer day.
Jenna
Jan 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is so cute! I really liked Sasha. She was a great character - she was so real! I really enjoyed reading about her. Her match making business was creative and a lot of fun to read about. The characters around her were fun too - Derek, Maddie, Yasmin. The family dynamic was interesting and made Sasha seem even more real. This was a fantastic, fun read.
Jamie
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love The Romantic Comedies and anything with a matchmaker so to read this book was a no brainer. I thought it was completely charming and I adored how the plot played out that included the relationship between the main character and her sister, and all the extra matchmaking sub plots including her mom. This is my favorite romantic comedy!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Cute book about Sasha who helps sets up the new guy Derek with her sister Maddie.
But the more Sasha and Derek spend time together, the more she realizes that he's perfect for her. But instead she decides to not let her feelings get in the way. Although the matchmaking plot has been done before, it's still a cute book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Icing on the Lake
  • Puppy Love
  • Epic Fail
  • The Best Girl
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Snowed In
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Decked with Holly