Start by marking “A Brother At My Back (The Sacred Brotherhood #6)” as Want to Read:
A Brother At My Back (The Sacred Brotherhood #6)

A Brother At My Back

(The Sacred Brotherhood #6)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  205 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The only way the system was reliable when it came to Tiffany Dempsey was in failing her. Once again, it’d done just that, but this time, she wasn’t about to accept that nothing could be done. This time, she went to a source outside the law for help. She’s gone to the Sacred Hearts MC, a club whose reputation for bloodshed and violence precedes them. It’s a gamble she’s wil ...more
Published February 14th 2018 by Second Circle Press

Deb B
Shelves: favorites
never a question i would love it. the stories of the Sacred Hearts & the Kraken MCs number among some of my very favourite books. AJ Downey is a brilliant author who constructs real world situations that are believable, devastating and emotive with really beautiful romances holding the stories together. can read these books over and over again and this one is no different. i especially loved the little cameo of Dragon & Tilly at the start of the story.
Megan Fall
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it, but the ending, slight cliffhanger! Now I need more!!
Kim  Brewing
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it

I have enjoyed this series, but not this book as much. I know most couples have pasts, but I don't like reading out it. This makes it harder for me to accept the couple. I never really connected with Tiff at all. I will read more as like I said I like the series, just not this couple.
Teresa Lara
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series♡It's gets better with everybook.Nik and Tiff amazing broken beautiful story was amazing.I can't wait to read more of the two.
Trisha
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I was so excited that Zeb was getting a book.......then I read it. I was more excited about this book before I read it than I was after. Zeb was a alpha male in the previous books but was down graded to kind of badass in his own book. Zeb uses a lot of Kiwi words (most meanings are not given when used) and we are not shown the glossary until the end of the book. Its confusing and it didn't have to be. Zeb explains to Tiffany what the tattoos on his face mean but not to the reader. We are never t ...more
Melissa Paulson
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Doesn't Disappoint!

I have read all the Sacred Hearts and Sacred Brotherhood books and this one is just as wonderful as the rest! My only complaint is that our heroine, has brown eyes that remind Dragon of his dead wife, during the whole story except in chapter two of the prologue she has "sad blue eyes." A mistake that really bothers me. Other than that it has everything, action, drama, emotional scenes that drew me in and kept me reading right to the very end. Maybe A. J. Downey will fix the mi
Belinda Donaldson
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany has lived a extremely hard life, but she doesnt let that stop her.

Zeb is a brother with a very shady past.

When Tiffanys violent ex is released from prison early she turns to the one man who has showed her kindness, Dragon, Sacred Hearts president.

He assigns Zeb on protection detail.

Can do damaged souls find a way to heal and be together or are they doomed to be broken for the rest of their lives.

AJ has done an amazing work with this book and I cant wait for the next one
Jessica
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another hit from A.J. Downey

Strong characters are what I feel this author does best. They are in no short supply in this novel. I love strong women who want to take care of themselves. I think I fell in love with the characters before they could even start to fall in love with each other. If you're looking for the super hot sizzle scenes you're not going to be disappointed. Well.. unless you're disappointed he's not your boyfriend. All in all this was a fantastic read.
Carrie Avery Moriarty
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great work by this author. I love how she draws you into her world with her words. She has built a deep and intricate world, and her characters are fully formed. Sometimes life will hand you something that you don't think you can handle, and you find yourself in a position where you need to ask for help. This story is about that, and so much more. It's about redemption, trust, and knowing where to turn when you need assistance. Another of her books I couldn't put down.
Vickie Beams
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zeb is such a hot,sexy and sweet man! I didn't like Tiff and Dragon at the beginning but I really love Tiff with Zeb! This book deserves more than 5 stars! I was pulled into the storyline from page 1. This series gets better with every book!!! I love the writing brilliance of A.J. so much! You definitely will want to read this book!
Angel_Angiej
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved Nik and Tiff in this book. It's not a hardcore action storyline (this time) but it highlights the sweet side of Nik. Ofcourse there are the side characters that we read about in the previous books. And a little bit of action but nothing to overwhelming.

Loved to hear more about Dragon, hopefully he'll get his hea because he deserves it.
Debbie Earley
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragon sure knew what he was doing when he had Zeb look after Tiff. After all that Tiff has been through I'm so glad she was able to take down the man tried to ruin her life. Zeb was able to make her feel loved and these two are perfect for each other. I'm curious to read Zeb's story. Love this series and can't wait to see what's next for these amazing men and women.
Amanda
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ver good book

Very good book. I have not read the other books and didn’t feel I needed to. I was a little confused on some of the slang, once I noticed the glossary I was ok. Very good book would recommend it to everyone!
Skylar
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
RTC I heart A.J. Downey
Amazing!

I have loved this series, and this book was amazing! I love all the guys and the writing drew me in from the word go.
Joanna
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like this whole series and how the characters keep appearing and they keep building. I didn't connect with Zeb and Tiff as much as some of the others but still a great read.
Amber Parke-Fultz
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I really hope that we get another book about Zeb! Be is awesome, was sad to see the book end.
Vikki Purcell
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was outstanding. I simply couldn’t put it down. This author has a new fan and I can’t wait to read their next book
Susie Paananen
Feb 20, 2018
Joanna
Feb 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A.J. Downey is a born and raised Seattle, WA Native. She finds inspiration from her surroundings, through the people she meets and likely as a byproduct of way too much caffeine.

She has lived many places and done many things though mostly through her own imagination... An avid reader all of her life it's now her turn to try and give back a little, entertaining as she has been entertained. She liv

The Sacred Brotherhood (6 books)
  • Brother to Brother (The Sacred Brotherhood #1)
  • Her Brother's Keeper (The Sacred Brotherhood #2)
  • Brother in Arms (The Sacred Brotherhood #3)
  • Between Brothers (The Sacred Brotherhood #4)
  • A Brother's Secret (The Sacred Brotherhood #5)